• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rizen

Smash Legend
This is from a previous post:
Okay I'll jump into the fray!
Favorite Zelda:
Majora's Mask
The exploration, lack of hand holding, mystery and fleshed out world is absolutely incredible. The NPCs are more like real people with lives and interconnected problems. People complain about the 3 day limit but that's why the game was so incredible; it takes many cycles of 3 days to experience everything and you'd miss so much with no time resets. Mask Transformations were awesome and still better than other transformations in other Zelda games (what's the deal Nintendo?) The dungeons were very creative and actually challenging- something many Zelda dungeons lack sadly. The main villain was really cool and original. It was really, really good.

2nd
A Link To The Past
Nostalgia aside, this was THE best 2D Zelda and still holds the cup. Great environments, tons of fun and surprising content like the golden bee, magic cape, etc. Great dungeons and overworlds. There are no real faults and ALTTP is incredible in pretty much every area.
It also is the defining game of the series. Most Zelda games are some variation of ALttP.

3rd
Twilight Princess.
This is how Link should be as an adult. He's the legendary hero and not a little pansy. I like Link as an adult and how he behaves responsibly and has a mature relationship.
The environments made you feel like you were actually in Hyrule, more than any other Zelda. This is a huge plus for me since I love open world exploration style games and dislike linear level based games. The lighting was fantastic and actually made the lantern a cool item. TP showed that Nintendo could make a realistic, hardcore Zelda game while keeping it true to the series. The motion controlled swordplay and aiming really worked well and didn't feel shoe-horned in. No real faults, just an all around great Zelda game.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
As far as 2D Zeldas go, I've always been a fan of the Oracle games. Grew up playing the mess out of them in elementary. ~

Rizen

Smash Legend
What's that from? It's the anime eyes that are bugging me.

Link's Awakening was a great game :). The Oracle games were fun but can't measure up to LA. They were cheesy and held your hand way too much. I like the sense of mystery and the unknown in LA.

I got some good wifi games in last night :) Link has really good anti-Ryu tools for a non-top tier. IMO the MU is even. Ryu is a very good character but Link can zone him and hit him out of focus attack with multi hit moves.

Last edited:

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
What's that from? It's the anime eyes that are bugging me.

Link's Awakening was a great game :). The Oracle games were fun but can't measure up to LA. They were cheesy and held your hand way too much. I like the sense of mystery and the unknown in LA.

I got some good wifi games in last night :) Link has really good anti-Ryu tools for a non-top tier. IMO the MU is even. Ryu is a very good character but Link can zone him and hit him out of focus attack with multi hit moves.
I found it on IGN.

Here's another place I found the picture at.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^You guys lost me.

Anyway happy Halloween everyone!

What do you guys think the Mega Man MU is like? He shuts down Link's close/mid range game pretty hard.

Last edited:

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
^You guys lost me.

Anyway happy Halloween everyone!

What do you guys think the Mega Man MU is like? He shuts down Link's close/mid range game pretty hard.
I think mega man wins 55:45. He can edge guard link pretty well. Link has a better time camping due to mega man's slower speed. But mega man can get in with his projectiles better than Link. I think utilizing bomb is really important in this match up.

What are you guys' thoughts?

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
It's Link's supposed Twilight Princess HD remake mode.
I call BS on that. It's a hoax.

I got some good wifi games in :) I love good connections when the opponent can't attack as fast as possible and win. I've been walking and writing too. Xenoblade CX is taking forever to launch :urg: Just one more month... the lucky b*****ds in Japan got it early.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Hello everyone! I stopped lurking the Link boards for a while but I figured I'd visit again.

I thought the Twilight Princess remake was real though. That just ruined my day. I'm more excited for that than I was for Wind Wake HD:ohwell:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I call BS on that. It's a hoax.
Well, I not to sure about that.

I got some good wifi games in :) I love good connections when the opponent can't attack as fast as possible and win. I've been walking and writing too. Xenoblade CX is taking forever to launch :urg: Just one more month... the lucky b*****ds in Japan got it early.
Lucky. I wish I could play games online. Actually I wish I could update my games......

:135:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Gamestop is having a cool deal where they give out extra store credit if you trade in an Xbox One or PS4. So I decided to sell my Xbox One (because I hate it) and managed to buy a PS4 without paying anything.

I only had two games for my Xbox so I didn't really lose anything on the trade, and I was also able to pay off Fallout 4 and still put about 20 bucks on Street Fighter 5. Today was a good day.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Gamestop is having a cool deal where they give out extra store credit if you trade in an Xbox One or PS4. So I decided to sell my Xbox One (because I hate it) and managed to buy a PS4 without paying anything.

I only had two games for my Xbox so I didn't really lose anything on the trade, and I was also able to pay off Fallout 4 and still put about 20 bucks on Street Fighter 5. Today was a good day.
Why you not like Xbox 1? (not that I like it)

:135:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Oh yea? Well I was less than a quarter mile from home at 11:15 PM tonight, got pulled over by a cop for not completely stopping at a stop sign, driving with a broken tail light, with expired insurance, and I got off with a warning. THAT'S a good day.

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to ask why when characters like Luigi, Diddy, and Rosalina get nerfed they're still top, but when Link gets nerfed, he's even more ****ing trash than he start at?

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Just wanted to ask why when characters like Luigi, Diddy, and Rosalina get nerfed they're still top, but when Link gets nerfed, he's even more ****ing trash than he start at?
It's all about frame data.

And I guess Luma being able to kill at 30 off the top, or with jab in the middle of a stage helps too.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I caught a baby mouse in my apt and it is soooooooooooooo cute :love: I might have a few pictures later when I get around to sorting and uploading them. I used a trap that didn't hurt it and will release it in a field somewhere.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
I caught a baby mouse in my apt and it is soooooooooooooo cute :love: I might have a few pictures later when I get around to sorting and uploading them. I used a trap that didn't hurt it and will release it in a field somewhere.
Coughs *Rabies or the bubonic plague*

Be safe

Last edited:

Dark_Link05

Smash Cadet
Howdy,

I am a graduate student at Texas A&M- Commerce attempting to start a study regarding perceptions of gaming fans. I created a survey that I would love if ya'll took part in. It is completely anonymous, and there are no perceivable adverse affects (i.e. "triggers") to taking the survey. It will be accessible for the next week; right now, I only have about 20 participants. I need a minimum of ~100 in order to be able to generalize the sample (ya'll) to the population (the worldwide gaming community). So please, be honest, don't troll, and if there are any suggestions or complaints, PM me. Foxy has approved of my putting this survey on the social thread, so it shouldn't get reported for spam or taken down prematurely.

There are no right or wrong answers to any of the questions; it is your opinion that interests us. Your part in the study will be to answer questions regarding a fan interest. It will take you about 20-30 minutes to complete this study.

https://texasamcommerceed.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3zcnN1egQr35YQB

Rizen

Smash Legend
Update to the mouse story: I released it into the wild today. Good luck little mousy :b:! My apt is clean but the building is very old and by a lot of nature trails. There's all kinds of holes for field mice to sneak in.

Top Bottom