• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Why did they give him so many IASA frames after jab1? 7 frames is ridiculous. I can understand them wanting to stop the lock, but there were so many other ways it could have been fixed. Even if they did increase the IASA frames, a couple more would have done ok and we'd still be able to utilt afterwards. 7 frames is equal to the start up of a jab, so you can tell they went overboard on the frames.

Link is a great character and he's my childhood hero, but honestly he's not good how he is. Hate to say this, but Gay is superior now. I guess I'll just have to appreciate him outside of the Smash franchise. I'll likely still use him doubles and friendlies, but unfortunately I'm gonna have to find another main for singles. Sorry guys, but I'll still be around.
So it begins.

To all who dropped by the stream, thank you so much. @FSK, @ Naroghin Naroghin , @Zerker, @noisetank01, @ ShinTwist ScreamPaste ShinTwist ScreamPaste , and @ Huggles828 Huggles828 .

Link is a great character and he's my childhood hero, but honestly he's not good how he is. Hate to say this, but Gay is superior now. I guess I'll just have to appreciate him outside of the Smash franchise. I'll likely still use him doubles and friendlies, but unfortunately I'm gonna have to find another main for singles. Sorry guys, but I'll still be around.
Weaklings like you were never welcome to begin with. Get out.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Come join the dark side.

:4sheik:

RancidLeaf

Smash Rookie
NNID
SlyLeaf
Yeah, power to those of you who decide to stick with yet another mediocre iteration of Link through the life span of Smash 4.

It's saddening how insensible these patches are, and how the developers don't really seem to care about actually building a good game.

Edit: i'm dumb and don't know how to quote

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Is it safe to say that Melee Link is officially better than Smash 4 Link now?

cardboardowl

Smash Apprentice
I posted before that I would show my tourny progress. Today went well. Posted a long ass thing in metagame cuz it feels more appropriate there.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Sigh, I'm in a rotten mood. Right after my mom gets out of the hospital after 3 months my uncle has throat cancer; I gave him $100 to help go to the doctor's today. I don't have money to throw around to begin with. I try to play SSB4 and Sak guts Link like a Hylian Bass in the "balancing" patch.
Shin's prison metaphor was right on target.

Sigh, I'm in a rotten mood. Right after my mom gets out of the hospital after 3 months my uncle has throat cancer; I gave him $100 to help go to the doctor's today. I don't have money to throw around to begin with. I try to play SSB4 and Sak guts Link like a Hylian Bass in the "balancing" patch.
Shin's prison metaphor was right on target.
Yeah, yeah it was. Sorry to hear.
I miss talking to @ Elessar Elessar .

And what happened to Uncle @ ShinTwist ScreamPaste ShinTwist ScreamPaste ?

:093:
The short version is like a retelling of the iliad with less homosexuality and more drunken resignation. The long version is an epic that spans time and space across multiple realities. It's also probably half bull****.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
The short version is like a retelling of the iliad with less homosexuality and more drunken resignation. The long version is an epic that spans time and space across multiple realities. It's also probably half bull****.
You and Dumbfire should write a poem together. It would be amazing I'm sure.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, yeah it was. Sorry to hear.

tl;dr

hi

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
So the good news is I'll still be using Link. Bad news is I'm demoting him to quaternary main. That's right: QUATERNARY. Why?
Three reasons: Sheik, MegaMan.... and :4lucas:. I'll still use Link when certain MUs come up and in friendlies/solo modes, but at this point, he's regressing to his Brawl self. He was good as a main for a while...

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
it's pretty sad to see people pushing away from Link because he got greninja'd.
someone needs to learn to stop ****ing with mid tiers and nerf only what needs to be nerfed.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I'm still using Link, alongside Ganondorf, Falcon & Samus as my four best characters. I am not going to drop him. But yeah he is the new :4greninja:, getting nerfed in every patch. Hopefully when Lucas comes back, he comes back with a patch and at the very least buffs Link's Jab somehow.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
You could always, you know, drop by more. Here and the xat, or even skype since you got me there.
I try D:

When I do stop by, I seem to mostly be engaged with other people. I-It's like I don't know you anymore~!

You guys still Xat? Damn.
Also, I was streaming yesterday with my Sonic friend and asked (wasn't home) and someone said they would get you you never showed up. I would like I said I wasn't kinda sad.
I got messaged but I wasn't available at all yesterday. This weekend is like, me crunchtiming everything because my final project is due Tuesday. I'm hoping time will free up a little as this semester ends, but then I graduate so maybe I'll just end up falling into a pit of despair. Hard to gauge, really.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
So the good news is I'll still be using Link. Bad news is I'm demoting him to quaternary main. That's right: QUATERNARY. Why?
Three reasons: Sheik, MegaMan.... and :4lucas:. I'll still use Link when certain MUs come up and in friendlies/solo modes, but at this point, he's regressing to his Brawl self. He was good as a main for a while...
You are wrong here. The bad news is that you're back. See, we vets can tell who is and who isn't Link main material, and you were never one.

Get out. You belong with the gay mains.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
You are wrong here. The bad news is that you're back. See, we vets can tell who is and who isn't Link main material, and you were never one.

Get out. You belong with the gay mains.
My, my. Talk about feisty.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Long time no see Link mains.

It seems like the Jab nerf has sorted out the weaklings from the true warriors.
It has always been thus with us Link mains. As a Triforce brother you know the drill. I welcome you back, Ganondorf main.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Before i go, let me get this straight: I AM and always will be a Link player at heart. I was naive in focusing on bringing out the potential in ONE character when there's flaws with my playstyle. In order to be more skillful at Sm4sh, I need to play other characters and the skills I learn from them to my own. Right now its a burden to play Link because i've pretty much capped with him. I'm going to main other characters so that once I've reached the skill ceiling, I can go back to Link and really hone in on him. Farewell... for now.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Link may have been nerfed hard in this latest patch, but he still has one thing going for him that they can never take away, that will always give me a reason to main him, no matter how bad or unviable he may be.

He's freaking Link. That's reason enough to main him.

Top Bottom