• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I second Robin. She's a ton of fun to play as, and honestly not too difficult to transition to from Link. Too bad I'll never use her in tourneys because I've decided to, at least for now, go solo Link in tourney :awesome:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I beat Metroid Prime again, 90% in 15 hours :grin:
Review:

This is how Nintendo should make games. Great world, beautiful graphics and lighting effects, lots of collectables, great gameplay: an all around great light shooter. The hints were helpful and not delivered in an intrusive way. I like how Samus had to piece together the story from scanning Chozo lore and Space Pirate research data. The Wiimote aiming is perfect for this game.
Seriously BUY THE METROID PRIME TRILOGY! MP1 alone makes it worth the $20.

IDK why Nintendo tries to take backward steps with games like Other M and Mario 3D World (as opposed to Mario Galaxy 1 and 2). They've shown that their key franchises can have big environments, great lighting, realistic textures, be hard core games and still stay true to the series. Go back to making games like MP Trilogy, M Galaxy, and TP Nintendo; use your resources for big areas, great graphics and lots of content!

Metroid Prime gets a 10/10. It holds up as well as modern games despite being made originally for the game cube. :awesome:

On to MP2 Echoes.

Yeah, Cyner's Robin and Link are really good. I want to rematch sometime; I've gotten much better ;)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I hate people.
There's no need to hate people, it's his money so whatever, I guess.
If that thing sells then that is a definitive reason to hate people.

FSK

Smash Ace
no no no, theres absolutely a need to hate people at all times!

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
That Majora's Mask 3Ds is really sex. I can pre-order it but I'm too broke. I still have my wonderful Ocarina of Time 3DS anyhow..!

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Good work Afro :grin:

I got the 'Beat All Star w/o healing as ZSS' achievement. The dumb stage elements are the real enemy. I also KOed 12 with Link in Cruel Smash. Still chipping away at beating all star on normal+ with every character and classic on 7+ difficulty with every character.

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
If anyone wants to see a pretty major graphical glitch...

Step 1: Boot up your Wii U copy of Smash 4 and pick Link.

Step 2: Pick any stage (I used Omega Temple), run off and grab the ledge.

Step 3: Let go of the ledge and then regrab it with up+B.

Step 4: As soon as you regrab the ledge, pause the game and zoom in on Link's face.

Last edited:

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice

Step 4: As soon as you regrab the ledge, pause the game and zoom in on Link's face.
Does this work on ds version or can you show a picture of this

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Does this work on ds version or can you show a picture of this
Have only done this on the Wii U version so far, so idk.

I have a capture card sitting around that I've never used, but this seems like a worthy use for it, tbh. This glitch is weird as hell, and I want it to be seen. I'll see about getting some pictures of it later.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
^I can get a pic of that up in just a sec, so let me test that out.

Just so it's known, definitely send me any feedback or criticism on the stage thread, and I'll review it and get back to you as soon as expediently possible.

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong

This happened to me a while ago when I paused the game to use the restroom. I was laughing so hard when I came back and saw Link's eyes..

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515

This is what you mean right?

Guyliner Link.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431

Well that's mildly disturbing lol

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Yes, that's it!

Jesus Christ, though... I can't believe something like that is actually in the game. That's not minor. That's like, a huge graphical flaw. It looks even worse from the side because you can see through him and see the hair on the back of his head.

He only looks that way for about a second before the game corrects itself, but still... >_>

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Yes, that's it!

Jesus Christ, though... I can't believe something like that is actually in the game. That's not minor. That's like, a huge graphical flaw. It looks even worse from the side because you can see through him and see the hair on the back of his head.

He only looks that way for about a second before the game corrects itself, but still... >_>
At least for Link it's hard to get the glitch. Ganon is an unfinished mess. His eyebrows are floating off his face and the back of hi head doesn't have a texture, so it's hollow.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
So, I found out today that my Link is actually pretty decent. Almost taking a friendly match out of one of the top players in the region with Link I SD'd sorry guys. And all the "practice" I have had was basically seeing one of my friends destroy me with his Link no matter what character I chose. I guess I learn more from watching others play than actually putting in lab time.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I guess I learn more from watching others play than actually putting in lab time.
Actually watching others play is, in my opinion, just as if not more important than labbing. This is because labbing just gives you tech skill but doesn't give you ideas on how or when to apply those skills.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Actually watching others play is, in my opinion, just as if not more important than labbing. This is because labbing just gives you tech skill but doesn't give you ideas on how or when to apply those skills.
I got a lot better in brawl just watching Legan play and seeing how and when he does certain moves. Plus it can show you how to string things and just how fast character can move etc.

I finally found a Link amiibo today. Next time i head over to my parents' I'll get my cousin to help me paint him a blue tunic because blue tunic Link da best.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I got a lot better in brawl just watching Legan play and seeing how and when he does certain moves. Plus it can show you how to strong things and just how fast character can move etc.

I finally found a Link amiibo today. Next time i head over to my parents' I'll get my cousin to help me paint him a blue tunic because blue tunic Link da best.
Amen to both of these statements brother.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
SOOoo hey there's this nifty little battle going on between the Links and the Lucina/Marths, and I can think of quite a few strong Linksters here who have not yet signed up (you know who you are, don't be so bashful). Either way, the more Links we have signed up over there, the quicker and more exciting this whole thing will be.

Click the:4link: to read the rules and get caught up on what's going on. We have a few signed up so far but no one's been able to have matches yet.

Don't make me tag you sexy Hylian bast*rds! I'll do it.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
SOOoo hey there's this nifty little battle going on between the Links and the Lucina/Marths, and I can think of quite a few strong Linksters here who have not yet signed up (you know who you are, don't be so bashful). Either way, the more Links we have signed up over there, the quicker and more exciting this whole thing will be.

Click the:4link: to read the rules and get caught up on what's going on. We have a few signed up so far but no one's been able to have matches yet.

Don't make me tag you sexy Hylian bast*rds! I'll do it.
AH dam :c. I wish I could join.....

Though i wouldn't know which side to join......

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
AH dam :c. I wish I could join.....

Though i wouldn't know which side to join......
As far as I understand it they need some help over there. I think they are losing to Zeldas 0-5 and Losing to us 0-1 (@ Knife8193 Knife8193 has on the mask of Doin' Work).

Basically whoever takes a best of 3 set gets a point for their team; the first team to 10 points wins. You cannot represent both sides, but you can represent multiple mains (meaning for them you could only be Marth/Lucina, but against them you could be Link, Tink, Robin, or whever else you main, at least for now).

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
As far as I understand it they need some help over there. I think they are losing to Zeldas 0-5 and Losing to us 0-1 (@ Knife8193 Knife8193 has on the mask of Doin' Work).

Basically whoever takes a best of 3 set gets a point for their team; the first team to 10 points wins. You cannot represent both sides, but you can represent multiple mains (meaning for them you could only be Marth/Lucina, but against them you could be Link, Tink, Robin, or whever else you main, at least for now).

Really?! I can play as Robin? AWESOME XD.

But, wait, what about Lucina? I don't want to hurt her :c......

If I was to face a Lucina, i would basically be like this after the match.

Lucina, I hope I didn't hurt you :4robinm:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Really?! I can play as Robin? AWESOME XD.

But, wait, what about Lucina? I don't want to hurt her :c......

If I was to face a Lucina, i would basically be like this after the match.

Lucina, I hope I didn't hurt you :4robinm:
Well I mean you can play against them as any character you want, I guess, but only during their open challenges. I dunno it's still new so I'm just making sure to keep up on it and watch for developments and rule changes.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Hello, Links. Lurked around here for a while; these boards made me want to pick up Link in Smash 4.

It's hard to transition playstyles from sassy elegance to unrelenting heroism, but I'm making do.

Top Bottom