• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

DeTa

Smash Apprentice
Deta, did you know that in elven years, I'm old enough to be your mom?
The flaw to this thinking is that you go by human standards. You wouldn't be considered even a young adult until you're at least 110 in elven years.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Poked my head in to see my name mentioned as a lurker.
To wit I say, see you in another 10 pages LOL
In any case, I've been dealing with some fairly pressing personal matters as of late, and I greatly appreciate the notion of my existence being acknowledged in the midst of inactivity.
In closing I shall state that the matters are on their way to resolution, and it shouldn't be too much longer before I can return to these hallowed halls in all my warm, loving, good cop, fuzziness in full force.
(I may be a good cop, but I still know when to prioritize putting down the animals)

Have I ever mentioned how much I like page breaks and irritating text colors?
:troll:

Last edited:

MooCow of Justice

Smash Cadet
NNID
MooCowOfJustice
Oh boy

You're fine, gurl and sis is what everyone calls each other in the Zelda social. Just a little term of endearment

Good luck with your classes - I'm about to take some again soon. You should get a Wii U though when you get the chance. It's almost impossible for me to get back to the 3DS ;o

Deta, did you know that in elven years, I'm old enough to be your mom?

You didn't say how you were. Good? Fine? Been better? I need to know these things, damn it! We Link and Zelda mains are connected.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
**** I need to learn this game but cr*p keeps coming up. I've barely gotten to play since getting the game. I got back to my house and tried to play solo but SDed 6 times from the changed ledge mechanics. Jump offstage>double jump back>double jump back?! Why isn't this working?! x2 Ledge hog Zair... nope. Fair and grab the ledge? Same with boomerang. Nope, nope. Go for ledge from hitstun? Nope.

The buffering is also very different than Brawl. My pivot grabs keep turning into pivot FTilts.

I need to just log some time without c*** coming up and get it in my head that this is not Brawl :crazy:
The transition period is always going to be difficult. As for the pivot grab thing, just make sure you input the grab first and then hit backwards

Rizen

Smash Legend
The transition period is always going to be difficult. As for the pivot grab thing, just make sure you input the grab first and then hit backwards
Yeah. TBH, I'm kind of upset about life and not being able to get into the gaming scene like I could at the start of Brawl. There's always c*** to deal with and it's hard to keep one's head above water. Being an adult sucks :(

Milky.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MyKeyZ
3DS FC
2707-1638-6160
What's funny is that he said that the Zelda boards are the BEST board without realizing that for everyone the board of their main is the best board.
Not quite. Zelda isn't actually my main. :O well, yeah, I guess you can say she is my main, but she isn't my only main.

I just always liked the Zelda community in general for some reason, which is why I'm sticking with the character.

/random late response

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Could someone really set up a new xat channel? I think that would be amazing. I really miss that sketchy little thing. lol

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Not quite. Zelda isn't actually my main. :O well, yeah, I guess you can say she is my main, but she isn't my only main.

I just always liked the Zelda community in general for some reason, which is why I'm sticking with the character.

/random late response
Whether she's your real or only main or not doesn't have anything to do with it really. What I meant in essence into say that a term like "best" is subjective and will always be so when talking about preferences . So, what you deem best won't be best for someone else. For instance, I'm pretty sure that some ike mains or even ZSS mains won't agree that the Zelda boards are the best but would say that their boards are.

ama99

Smash Journeyman
What's this about Izaw? I've seen his "Art of Link" video and he seems like a very good player.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
*Bumped
I don't main Zelda but the Zelda boards are friendly :3
I haven't been here long enough though to know much about this board
Well we all know to stay away from Shins shed ;p

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
*Bumped
Simple solution. Hang out here more.

Also, we're super friendly, what're you talking about? We're mlp levels of friendly.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
The flaw to this thinking is that you go by human standards. You wouldn't be considered even a young adult until you're at least 110 in elven years.
Then I may be like 112 years old. Though I like the sound of 151 more cause it's a magic number.

You didn't say how you were. Good? Fine? Been better? I need to know these things, damn it! We Link and Zelda mains are connected.
I'm doing fantastic because I have a coffee in my hand. Nah jk, I'm doing ok, you?

/random late response
Long time no see, Milky :p

Last edited:

Milky.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MyKeyZ
3DS FC
2707-1638-6160
Hi @ Mocha Mocha

Your guys text (especially that guy with the red text) really hurts my eyes. Please change that font color. '-'

@ Elessar Elessar
That's just my personal oppinion.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
*Bumped
Bro, Shins Shed is my home away from home! It is a very nice place to go, torture people, and just be yourself. It also gives me a chance to walk Gleeok! Poor little guy needs his excercising and training! He's growing up though, but I still see that little cute face he was when he hatched and killed an entire village!

Hello @ Mocha Mocha , nice to see you again.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I don't know what Oblivion's smash username is on here, but I wanted to once again give him shout-outs to doing some Greninja training with me, as well as putting up with my sad little frog. Chill guy, and knows his stuff. This character is probably going to have a tougher learning curve than any other character I like to be honest. So yeah, thank you, @ Oblivion129 Oblivion129 .

And shout-outs to @ Elessar Elessar for setting it all up.

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Hey, at least you guys are still close as a community. Some character boards/chats were very... alien from one another.
Sheik skype group in a nutshell. -_-
If feel like any group that doesn't have a high/top tier character for a discussion group ends having the more prolific boards. The Shulk skype group is full of JRPG fans for example.

That being said, where would I go to sign up for the Link Skype group, I've meaning to to have one take place of the Sheik skype group in my contacts since nothing ever happens there. lol

Last edited:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I thought he mained Sheik now.
He's still the absolute best Link in the world without question. He also has the best sheik in the universe, not just the world. The UNIVERSE

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Want to know something funny? I commented on a youtube video saying:
"I notice how many of the videos, including this, have about 20% to 25% dislikes but 70%+ of the comments are from trolls. Therefor, internet trolls have little to no life."
And man am I getting a lot of responses from the trolls because, you know, they have no life. I'm waiting this out to see how far it goes :p

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I don't know what Oblivion's smash username is on here, but I wanted to once again give him shout-outs to doing some Greninja training with me, as well as putting up with my sad little frog. Chill guy, and knows his stuff. This character is probably going to have a tougher learning curve than any other character I like to be honest. So yeah, thank you, @ Oblivion129 Oblivion129 .

Np Mocha, and yeah, Oblivion is pretty chill and knows his stuff. Knows it too well. Ahhh the stories...

Anyways, I edited your post and tagged him, hope you don't mind. His user name here is @ Oblivion129 Oblivion129 .

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Sheik skype group in a nutshell. -_-
If feel like any group that doesn't have a high/top tier character for a discussion group ends having the more prolific boards. The Shulk skype group is full of JRPG fans for example.

That being said, where would I go to sign up for the Link Skype group, I've meaning to to have one take place of the Sheik skype group in my contacts since nothing ever happens there. lol
I'd like to join the Link Skype group as well.
You know what's funny though, I don't know how the hell I ended up in the Sheik Skype group

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413

No problem at all. Your Greninja is already good. Add in some offstage gimping and you'll be great. Greninja as a character has a lot of potential. The stuff aMSa pulls out is insane. I still have a long way to go to improve my Greninja.

Your Zelda is great, by the way. It's refreshing to play against characters I don't normally see. It's a nice learning experience.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Oblivion, fearless Ike main and JV 4 stocker of young children. His name is feared throughout the land of Paraguay!

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
No problem at all. Your Greninja is already good. Add in some offstage gimping and you'll be great. Greninja as a character has a lot of potential. The stuff aMSa pulls out is insane. I still have a long way to go to improve my Greninja.

Your Zelda is great, by the way. It's refreshing to play against characters I don't normally see. It's a nice learning experience.
The lag delay, plus me not being comfortable with Greninja's aerials, forced me to stay rooted to the stage as much as I could. Whenever I'm about to do an aerial with Greninja, I feel like I'm jumping into a river full of crocodiles, and I need strict timing to avoid their jaws. But yeah, I know I need to get the hang of his aerials more, among other things. You were quite comfy with his aerials for the most part, props for being able to manage such tricky moves.

And thanks, I don't think my Zelda did much in the lag, but considering we were playing out of country, it wasn't as terrible as it could have been. Maybe we'll have better luck some other time (:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
So, due to quasi popular request we're bringing the xat back. Just go here to hang out in it. Everybody is more than welcome. Just keep in mind that it'll take a while to get everyone there active.

http://xat.com/Smash4LinkCommunity

We'll make a more proper announcement later.

Also, @ Oblivion129 Oblivion129 is a bawz. He once played a kid in brawl with only one hand (using MK) and won. Then he tried it vs some but lost (thank god).

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Oblivion, fearless Ike main and JV 4 stocker of young children. His name is feared throughout the land of Paraguay!
Hey, the guy was about 12 years old and it was a tournament match. :4pacman:
Also, @ Oblivion129 Oblivion129 is a bawz. He once played a kid in brawl with only one hand (using MK) and won. Then he tried it vs some but lost (thank god).
That's a lie, though!
The lag delay, plus me not being comfortable with Greninja's aerials, forced me to stay rooted to the stage as much as I could. Whenever I'm about to do an aerial with Greninja, I feel like I'm jumping into a river full of crocodiles, and I need strict timing to avoid their jaws. But yeah, I know I need to get the hang of his aerials more, among other things. You were quite comfy with his aerials for the most part, props for being able to manage such tricky moves.

And thanks, I don't think my Zelda did much in the lag, but considering we were playing out of country, it wasn't as terrible as it could have been. Maybe we'll have better luck some other time (:
Thanks! It's all about knowing his timing and spacing. You'll get used to it.

And even with the delay, I could see Zelda's tools and combos. But yeah, you'll be more comfortable with no lag. (We'll all be more comfortable with no lag lol)

Last edited:
Top Bottom