• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Been a while since I last visited here. Now lets see what's going on
That said, the ability to balance both is not to be disrespected. It takes real heroism to get laid in a ****ing pony shirt, for example.
I actually have a pony shirt and I could probably get the job done - if I do, do I win something?

It probably helps that I'm not a guy but ehhhh technicalities.
A beer and a seat at the grown up's table.

What did i just read?

So I got 5th out of 112 at MN's Arcadian. Overall it was a very fun Arcadian though my placing was disappointing. Got bodied by a Shiek and then I got bodied by a Fox. RIP
Good job man!

:135:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I do look like that Dumbfire Dumbfire jeez....

Sheik is fun, but I'm also learning Ryu and Doctor Mario because they're really fun too.

Unfortunately my semester is coming to a close, so I have lots of studying to do recently. Be aware that I do still lurk to make sure you troublemakers aren't doing anything drastic and saying dumb things (which seems to have happened already).

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
That moment when you realize you did better in your first tournament then you did at your most recent.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
That moment when you realize you did better in your first tournament then you did at your most recent.
When your buster out early and realize it's gonna be at least a month before you can get a ride to tourney.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
ah yes, its that moment where you should start asking yourself if you actually ever tried to improve

Rizen

Smash Legend
Points to you guys for having high standards. Most people are more than willing to settle for less. /no sarcasm

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I could have taken a tournament that my college held last week. Sadly, after I won my second round in winners, I needed to leave for work. Placed 9th out of 36 because of that.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
I could have taken a tournament that my college held last week. Sadly, after I won my second round in winners, I needed to leave for work. Placed 9th out of 36 because of that.
lol college tournies, i'm afraid you've much yet to learn.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ugh I just talked to someone who thinks a knight is as valuable as a rook in chess. People love to talk even if they know nothing about the subject. :facepalm:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Ugh I just talked to someone who thinks a knight is as valuable as a rook in chess. People love to talk even if they know nothing about the subject. :facepalm:
Knights are pretty handy though. But yes, Rooks are worth more in points than Knights are. Rooks are 5, Knights are 3.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well, knights can be pretty useful though. Rooks are more import sure but knights are good to have.

Knights are pretty handy though. But yes, Rooks are worth more in points than Knights are. Rooks are 5, Knights are 3.
This guy gets it. Wait, points?

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
So random question(figured I'd ask here since its pretty active) how commonly do platfrom based combos happen? Because Weak Nair will slide people off platforms til 35% meaning you can arrow lock into bomb confirmed up B and on some stages and characters kill. But unless it's DL64 or BF I can't see it being that useful

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
King=0
Pawn=1
Knight/Bishop=3
Rook=5
Queen=9

I used to play Chess when I was 8.
But, where did these points come from? I never heard of this before? Is this for games that keep going on or past their time limit so to decide who wins and not mate it a stale mate?

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
But, where did these points come from? I never heard of this before? Is this for games that keep going on or past their time limit so to decide who wins and not mate it a stale mate?

The points (from what I remember from the one chess club meeting I went to) are for if you exceed the time limit and the previously mentioned Stale mates

Last edited:

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
ah yes, its that moment where you should start asking yourself if you actually ever tried to improve
Get this. I played like THIS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmJHdq7STk4 in one tournament, and got 17th of 66, the most recent one, I got knocked out after playing two sets. Two whole sets, at an arcadian nonetheless. I'm far better than I was four months ago, yet, I am placing far worse.

I don't know how to feel about this...

EDIT: To be fair on myself, I did get a lot of stream nerves during that match, but still.

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Get this. I played like THIS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmJHdq7STk4 in one tournament, and got 17th of 66, the most recent one, I got knocked out after playing two sets. Two whole sets, at an arcadian nonetheless. I'm far better than I was four months ago, yet, I am placing far worse.

I don't know how to feel about this...
Maybe, everyone else improved in that time? Maybe you have punishable Habits that the others have figured out.
Edit: CUSTOMS?

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
This was back in July, when they were still in use.
Ah sorry, my bad. I knew Minnesota used customs very proactively for a long time(sadly my state was too bland for that) the main thing I'd say is that you start setting simple goals. Helps clear your head and refocus you. For example my goal is just to get out of pools at Smash and Splash 2.

Top Bottom