• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
You misunderstand, Elessar and Camalange Camalange both scrape by with anime characters as their avatars. That's fine. ICan'tFindMy"L"Key's problem is not that he, as you so eloquently put it, "acted like a ****", it's that he lacks self awareness and didn't understand the dance Catana had initiated with him.

"Are you gay?"

Well, ****, this seems like a simple enough question, doesn't it?

He could have ended it there. "Yes", "No", "Are you single?", etc. He just didn't know how to handle a ribbing. He's new, he's soft, it happens. He'll learn. Acting like a **** might have been better. Personally, I only took issue with him coming off as a sycophant. I can handle weabooery, I'll insult your waifu pillow, something about 'semen scented' doesn't seem appealing to sleep next to, but frankly I'm just an unpleasant person. Sycophants I am less able to abide.

It doesn't matter. My real issue is that the thread has become shallow and distracted. I showed up at a bad time, I guess.

Good. Good. This is what we should be doing. Focusing on improving and playing competitively as often as is available.
Nice to have you back.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Anyone thinking we might have an upset or two since we have some solid links going to Gensis 3? I know at least Soronie, Scizor and Saint are going.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Anyone thinking we might have an upset or two since we have some solid links going to Gensis 3? I know at least Soronie, Scizor and Saint are going.
Izaw is going as well and told me he'd be going all Link, but probably not

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
You may remember that I came in here recently and mentioned that Link is the most popular secondary in the Irish competitive scene.

Well, the monthly PR was released recently and not a single Link is featured. The one that we did have has since been kicked off, and one of our region's strongest Links has more or less decided to abandon the character entirely.

On the plus side, we released a Link-centric PR to determine who the best Link in the country is. And there's quite a few of them. Just that none of them do anything with the character, and that saddens me.

As a representative of the country that helped inspire your character, I'm politely requesting that any of y'all Links that want to come on over and show us pansy-eating Celts how it's done, please feel welcome.

Seriously, come on over. We have dozens of Links in this country and nobody's doing a damn thing with it - the Irish Free State needs to be told how to play Link, because as much as we think we know how to play him, we really don't.

Tiocfaidh ár lá, Link players!

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
You may remember that I came in here recently and mentioned that Link is the most popular secondary in the Irish competitive scene.

Well, the monthly PR was released recently and not a single Link is featured. The one that we did have has since been kicked off, and one of our region's strongest Links has more or less decided to abandon the character entirely.

On the plus side, we released a Link-centric PR to determine who the best Link in the country is. And there's quite a few of them. Just that none of them do anything with the character, and that saddens me.

As a representative of the country that helped inspire your character, I'm politely requesting that any of y'all Links that want to come on over and show us pansy-eating Celts how it's done, please feel welcome.

Seriously, come on over. We have dozens of Links in this country and nobody's doing a damn thing with it - the Irish Free State needs to be told how to play Link, because as much as we think we know how to play him, we really don't.

Fly me out fam.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
lol no have you seen the state the euro is in right now?

I need to hoard dem rupees like I'm saving up for Magic Armour~
I'll sneak into a Supply ship and ride over with cargo. Just let me house with youuuu. I need my ruppes too fam.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa

maybe me and df could do that one day

Why aren't you going?
if you wanna pay the trip for me i'll be happy to go

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
maybe me and df could do that one day
Jokes aside, I'd be very grateful if you guys could come over some time. Not even because we desperately need a hidin' from good Links, but because it'd be great to have higher-level European players get involved in the scene.

That I know of, only one of our PR players (Mint) regularly goes to big European tourneys. The rest of us tend to convene in and about Ireland and the UK.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Tbh I wonder if the link boards could actually fund cat to go. XD though I doubt that would happen, it would be cool to have him, Scizor, Soronie and Izaw all at one tourney.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Haven't been summoned here for a while.

Hm.

I hope Shin likes my avatar.

But I don't really care if he does either way.

<3

:093:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight

Hm.

<3

Lawz (Link) vs Camalange (Sonic) come on I've been waiting for months

Btw, for any Links, no traveling to the US is too expensive for most Europeans, but if you are so inclined I can house you here in the Netherlands, all-inclusive, breakfast in bed and complementary massage &c., and bring you to weeklies on Monday and Thursday, bi-weeklies on Friday, 50-man mini-tournaments once every month, and every major national (sometimes there's even 2 a month, winter months are just slacking), as well as open smashing at various locations, or arranged, on almost every other day. You can enjoy the presence of Mr-R, see some great Greninja action from iStudying, be fascinated by other foreigners present (including French, German and UK), and feel the excitement yourself.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Last edited:

Hm.

<3

Good. Because your avatar is trash. Welcome back to the thread, however. So far this page is less **** than the last, so maybe it's on the upturn. Maybe if I keep summoning the right people, things will get better.
It can be, and is.

Well... Instead we've had multiple high stake (steak) encounters in bracket as Sheik v Sonic. All of which are online...

That's just not the same. No one here cares about Sheik. Only a complete ninny would main such a character. ... @Lawz.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Why does everyone play as Sheik?
Sheik da bess.

I got some good games in; my camping and combos are improving. Bomb>SH fair is great because if they dodge the 1st cut the 2nd hits as they land.
I had some trouble spacing Rosalina. I'll post the replay for critiques once it's uploaded.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Good. Because your avatar is trash. Welcome back to the thread, however. So far this page is less **** than the last, so maybe it's on the upturn. Maybe if I keep summoning the right people, things will get better.
My avatar is perfection, but I understand that not everyone has eyes pure enough to see directly into the light.

I'm glad to have returned and to see your sorry mug still occasionally make its drunken stupor back into this dumpster, though.
That's just not the same. No one here cares about Sheik. Only a complete ninny would main such a character. ... @Lawz.
Lawz, use Link so you can stop placing in tournaments. Fraud.
Why does everyone play as Sheik?
Because she's the best character in the game.

Rizen

Smash Legend
My avatar is perfection, but I understand that not everyone has eyes pure enough to see directly into the light.
You stared directly into the light? That explains why you think that avatar looks good :p

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Welcome to competitive gaming.

I am enlightend.

I'd sleep with that avatar. : 3

Also, I haven't popped my head in here for awhile myself. Looks like it's been rather.....dead lately. Life methinks.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
No. I will never get good.
Not the right attitude. Why not?
is there a link discord chat?
No, only a Skype group. Some people have been asking for a discord group in there -- you could always just set it up and see how joins.
Well... Instead we've had multiple high stake (steak) encounters in bracket as Sheik v Sonic. All of which are online...

I've seen; but it spoiled how you two look and I didn't want to know. It was nicer to imagine Lawz as this

Last edited:
Top Bottom