• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
I watched some of the highlights on that channel, that Wario is little ******, I don't know how you two play against him without punching him in the face.
if you knew him irl you'd understand you cant really be angry with the guy

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
www.twitch.tv/byo_controller tourney me and df are attending starting about 2 hours from now, we will both most likely go all link. best ness in eu is also attending, so i want to get 2nd at least, though of course ill do my best to win like i did against him last time

Those wonderful people couldnt get the stream up this time. some matches will be uploaded to yt though, and i got 2nd as predicted (almost reset bracket tho, close 3-2 also being the only person to take games from him, and that with all link). df got 5th link/palu, i used link/zss/mk since i wasnt feeling it with link enough after i got sent to losers in wsf, brought it all the way back to gf with zss/mk where i went back to all link again and did pretty well.

just realized i double posted because I'm a fraud, but I love you all because I'm a nice person who doesn't say bad words all the time.
I wondered why their Twitch was down.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've had a lot going on irl but still managed to get Xenoblade up to 10 hours of gameplay. I love open world exploration games, can't wait for LoZ Wii U. I've been pretty good about walking daily even when it's cold as hell out. Haven't play much smash recently but am feeling good about my Link in strong wifi connections. /life

AnTMaN_76

Smash Rookie
NNID
AnTMaN_1999
3DS FC
0275-8515-2986
Hey does anybody want to play some link matches i'm looking for skilled link players so i can see if i can learn a thing or two

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Really weird stuff. I already knew about this, but does this happen with all projectiles? Someone should probably look into this. Seems really cool. The trajectory in which you're sent flying also seems to change accordingly to how the projectile itself's trajectory had changed... or does Charge Shot always send you in that angle? And if this is the case, I wonder what would happen if a projectile were reflected from beneath you.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Really weird stuff. I already knew about this, but does this happen with all projectiles? Someone should probably look into this. Seems really cool. The trajectory in which you're sent flying also seems to change accordingly to how the projectile itself's trajectory had changed... or does Charge Shot always send you in that angle? And if this is the case, I wonder what would happen if a projectile were reflected from beneath you.
It happens if you shield a projectile on frame 1 or 2 apparently, it gets send up in that weird upward trajectory, I once had a kill with it in dubz too when I was Wii Fit Trainer and teampartner shielded it, 'was lol

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
It happens if you shield a projectile on frame 1 or 2 apparently, it gets send up in that weird upward trajectory, I once had a kill with it in dubz too when I was Wii Fit Trainer and teampartner shielded it, 'was lol
So then it always sends them up like that, even if you power shield them underneath you? If that's true than this obviously has horrendously limited practicality. Meh.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
So then it always sends them up like that, even if you power shield them underneath you? If that's true than this obviously has limited practicality. Meh.
jesus christ how could this not have limited practicality?

Go work on your FUNDAMENTALS (from now on I will communicate with you solely through this word)

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Can't. No Wii U, remember?

The **** this gotta do with fundamentals?
Almost all you do on these boards is come up with ridicilously situational, almost laughably useless potential techs, which you can't even test yourself because you don't have a wii U (because your parents have taken it because you need to focus on other things -- take the hint). Meanwhile your fundamentals are "not on point".

It's like a man wearing dirty, unwashed, half-torn clothes then spending all his time looking for a nice bracelet to wear -- straighten out your priorities, you know?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Almost all you do on these boards is come up with ridicilously situational, almost laughably useless potential techs, which you can't even test yourself because you don't have a wii U (because your parents have taken it because you need to focus on other things -- take the hint). Meanwhile your fundamentals are "not on point".

It's like a man wearing dirty, unwashed, half-torn clothes then spending all his time looking for a nice bracelet to wear -- straighten out your priorities, you know?
You hit the nail right on the head, ouch. I'll hopefully get my **** together by winter break.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
You hit the nail right on the head, ouch. I'll hopefully get my **** together by winter break.
Ahhh, I remember winter break. My wife has a winter break, for which I become jealous at first thought; however, I immediately recant in considering that she is a teacher and works upwards of 60 hours a week with no overtime.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Sooo... some kind of Link vs Cloud tournament/battle needs to happen. Everyone dreams of Link vs Cloud. Now we can make it happen.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Sooo... some kind of Link vs Cloud tournament/battle needs to happen. Everyone dreams of Link vs Cloud. Now we can make it happen.
I'll be co-maiming Cloud with Link, so when I get good with Cloud I can maybe bust him out against some of these guys and ask Zane to upload the matches if that makes you feel any better. I hope the MU is fun.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I wish Link had a bit more hitstun and/or less endlag. He has several 'almost combos'. The Nintendo direct is today; maybe we'll see a buff or 2.

I'm sick irl. It sucks. Lot of family stuff has been happening these last 2 weeks.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
So far they have:
  • F-Smash 2
    • KBG 85 -> 89
  • D-Smash
    • Hit 1 angle 75 -> 78
    • Hit 1 KBG 90 -> 88
    • Hit 1 BKB 26 -> 40
  • Fair
    • Hit 1 damage 8.0 -> 11.0
    • Hit 1 KBG 132 -> 130
    • Hit 1 BKB 10 -> 20
    • Hit 2 damage 10.0 -> 13.0
    • KBG 105 -> 100
  • Dair
    • Spike hitbox is now aerial target only
    • Now has a ground-only hitbox at angle 55, KBG/BKB of 40/25
  • Up Special 1/2
    • A Million tiny buffs and tweaks (these moves have a million hitboxes, too many to list)

Interesting changes. Not quite the frame data we were looking for but they aren't done with analysis and things like FAF isn't quite known yet so those kind of buffs could still be incoming

Last edited:

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
New Fair tho...
Fairing someone's shield just became a much much better idea.

I'm curious about how dair against grounded opponents works now. I'm very happy there's no more teching grounded dair but I wonder how this affects bouncing on opponents on hit and potential followups from dair. Could be super cool.

Luig

Confused
I play Link sometimes, So I just wanted to guess on some things:
I think dsmash kills a lot earlier now, and dtilt>fair should do a lot more damage, and I like that combo.
Fair should also do more knockback... and fsmash.
Now for offstage upb style. :seuss:

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
So far they have:
  • F-Smash 2
    • KBG 85 -> 89
  • D-Smash
    • Hit 1 angle 75 -> 78
    • Hit 1 KBG 90 -> 88
    • Hit 1 BKB 26 -> 40
  • Fair
    • Hit 1 damage 8.0 -> 11.0
    • Hit 1 KBG 132 -> 130
    • Hit 1 BKB 10 -> 20
    • Hit 2 damage 10.0 -> 13.0
    • KBG 105 -> 100
  • Dair
    • Spike hitbox is now aerial target only
    • Now has a ground-only hitbox at angle 55, KBG/BKB of 40/25
  • Up Special 1/2
    • A Million tiny buffs and tweaks (these moves have a million hitboxes, too many to list)

Interesting changes. Not quite the frame data we were looking for but they aren't done with analysis and things like FAF isn't quite known yet so those kind of buffs could still be incoming
Is this... confirmed? Holy crap, looking like PM patch notes over here.

Luig

Confused
Using Kuroganehammer's kb calculator, I found that a fully charged dsmash will kill Mario at around 60% now....
I might as well do fsmash.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So another new FE character? That's cool

*sits here waiting for the next new Zelda character*

Though honestly, I think the thing the surprises me the most is that Wolf still isn't announced.

Though Bayonetta does disappoint me a little. She just feels a little over the top.

Eh, hopeful some good buffs and nerfs come with this patch.

:135:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
So another new FE character? That's cool

Though Bayonetta does disappoint me a little. She just feels a little over the top.
something different is finally in smash again? what a disgrace! please give more animu sakurai senpai!~~~~~

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
Based on what Sakurai said about reasonable character choices, I wouldn't be surprised if Shrek topped the US character choice chart.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
The lesson here is to not take the weaboo or gratuitous sexual fanservice bait and stay with Link.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
something different is finally in smash again? what a disgrace! please give more animu sakurai senpai!~~~~~
Oh no. That's not what I meant. I fully support bringing in new and unique characters to Smash. It's just something about Bayonetta that just doesn't sit right with me. I don't, i really don't have a connection for her. Haven't played the games.

Though to be honest, I am a little disappointed in Corrin to, but for different reasons.

:135:

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Having played Bayonetta 1 & 2 and just finished them recently, Bayonetta looks pretty awesome actually. No idea how she'll actually play in game though. Btw, hopefully Fox is involved with figuring out Link's changes in 1.1.3? What they have so far does at least look like buffs.... (would have preferred a faster jab or something, but knockback isn't bad either).

Top Bottom