• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Is this supposed to impress us? Are you trying to show everyone how great you are? Look, here's the deal. We don't care about wifi. We don't care about it at all. I look at those numbers and see 0-0. I also see an arrogant prick who's just trying to brag, and about petty stuff too. Shut up. No one here likes you. You're a pain in the ***. You wanna earn some respect? Go to an offline tourney. Play good opponents. Place well. Don't give us "I have a bad/small tourney scene" johns. Good players get respect, even if it's begrudging respect. Wifi warriors don't, esepcially when they try to publicly shame members of the Link community by bragging about their wifi record for crying out loud. Until then, shut the **** up. You need to do work.
No amount of ointment he puts on will heal that burn. Good stuff Huggles.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Hey guys, I participated in a tournament today. I got second this time! More details later...

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I don't know whats a friendly and whats a I am trying to beat your *** match.

is that a bad thing?
Well, you see, a friendly involves 2 people playing together in a non-tournament match, often to freshen up on tech skill or gain input from the other player to fix their habits or strategies. Let me know if you need me to slow down. :)

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
We need more of this, and less theory crafting and wifi.

Drigo is now Uncle Shin's favourite. The rest of you step up your game to earn back my affection.
My life is complete now.
good **** mang! Did you beat your brother this time :@
Yes. It was very close, but he SD the last stock of the last battle...

Be_Mild

Livin' life on the mild side
NNID
BeMild
3DS FC
1676-4317-5374
We've got guys actually calling him "Toon Link" so...

Rizen

Smash Legend
Saying there are winners and losers in lag is like saying 'my house got less damaged by the earthquake than yours'. Great your shambles are slightly more orderly. Bad wifi connections are C stick spamfests. Good connections can show skill but aren't to be taken seriously. Wifi, with a good connection, is for fun and getting some competitive experience but offline results are all that counts.

Last edited:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
We need more of this, and less theory crafting and wifi.

Drigo is now Uncle Shin's favourite. The rest of you step up your game to earn back my affection.
Meanwhile me and DF went all the way to norway for a tournament.

You disappoint me, Shin.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Shout out to @ FSK FSK and @ link7 link7 for having me online for some friendlies. Definitely gave me some good pointers on what habits I should break, and gave me a bit more interest in seconding Link. Thanks guys for having me. :D

Meanwhile me and DF went all the way to norway for a tournament.

You disappoint me, Shin.
Yes, yes; but you did that before Drigo. You were my favourite then, he is my favourite today. And tomorrow I'll have another. Now try not to get too jealous, dearie.

Admittedly, he got bonus points for interrupting a lengthy bout of theory crafting for which I had no taste. Doing work is always preferable to thinking about doing work.

Last edited:

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00

Found this on YouTube. Any of you know who the Link is? He seems pretty good but he really needs to visit the boards for some tech (never pull off a bomb offstage, no tether recovery, no bomb drop, no bombslide and some other things)

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382

Found this on YouTube. Any of you know who the Link is? He seems pretty good but he really needs to visit the boards for some tech (never pull off a bomb offstage, no tether recovery, no bomb drop, no bombslide and some other things)
In melee there is this guy who goes by thegreatborf who mains shiek. The catch is he does not wavedash or he does not play technical and he kicks ass. But she could learn how to at least bomb plant. I don't think bomb sliding is of any use.

FSK

Smash Ace

Never heard of her. But we should make it a regular thing that we scout youtube for new Link players and try to direct them here.

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Never heard of her. But we should make it a regular thing that we scout youtube for new Link players and try to direct them here.
Sadly I have no idea about how to contact her. It's sad because I feel she can grow a lot in the scene.

Top Bottom