• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Izaw

Smash Ace
Bombsliding is hard and I need help. I tried reading the section of it in the AT thread, but I just can't get the inputs right.

So Izaw, didn't you switch to Sheik, so if you say Link COULD be top tier, and that he is the new Diddy King (C'mon, you must know how dumb that sounds), what does that mean for you, as your status as a Sheik main?
I quit Sheik. I believe Link fits me better. And I always manage better. I couldnt beat Ixis Sonic with Sheik, but I managed with Link..

Izaw

Smash Ace
I quit Sheik. I believe Link fits me better. And I always manage better. I couldnt beat Ixis Sonic with Sheik, but I managed with Link..

I honestly believe Link is just as good.. Sheik is just more developed... And I've mained both of them for loooooooooong.

Also, I was on this forum a lot before, the reason I quit was because the community started arguing who was the best. Izaw or Legan? Both me and Legan felt like w/e we don't care, and since then a lot of people started hating on me for beeing seen as the best Link.. so I wanted to just avoid that, then I came back, posted some stuff, and got shut down by most Links, so I quit.

And I don't gain anything for staying here. I don't strive for you guys to like me. I honestly don't care. No disrespect. I just try avoiding negative people and hate. Specially when it come to "Link sux". No he doesn't he is incredible, he's got everthing in this game except for one thing. And of course I share my knowledge, I've always done, have you seen my channel? Where else do you find this stuff? I contribute and show everything I have and can. I just honestly avoid the Link boards. It's full of people I very much don't agree with nor enjoy talking with.

AND I will continue to share my knowledge, always, I'll show you guys how and why Link is SO godly in this game. Just like Sheik, the only reason you think it sounds ridiculous is because you have been fed with the idea of that he sux all this time. I don't blame you. But when I express my opinion to say guys, Link is atleast high tier, and you start doing NOTHING but flaming me and hating on me. WHY in the world would I care of proving you wrong. It's your loss. Not mine. You could instead be genuinely asking: Really? How? Why? Could you show us?

Sure I could.

But if the response is: HAHAHA go take you FG expreince outta here

Why the hell would I even bother.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
That's a MU thing actually. Sonic is a tough MU for Sheik, but the Sonic MU is in Link's favor actually.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
That's a MU thing actually. Sonic is a tough MU for Sheik, but the Sonic MU is in Link's favor actually.
I don't think so... if Sonic plays toon link, it is hard for link to do a thing...

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I don't think so... if Sonic plays gay, it is hard for link to do a thing...
It becomes a battle of attrition, much like a campy Link ditto, but the MU at its worse is either 50/50 or slightly in Link's favor. You just need to start playing defense and turtle down as well.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Sheik wins that matchup. Link loses that matchup.

I'd be glad to explain it further if needed.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Like Staticmanny who had to switch from his Link to Sonic to beat a Sonic who was worse than him, like KirinBlaze who lost to Ixis in tourney 2-1, like Lawz who knows the MU from Cam and will tell you it's easily in Sonic's favor.

It becomes a battle of attrition, much like a campy Link ditto, but the MU at its worse is either 50/50 or slightly in Link's favor. You just need to start playing defense and turtle down as well.
Nonsense, when the Sonic plays patiently he will have to get Link to commit to his laggy arsenal.

I'm all about being optimistic but we don't win the Sonic MU.

Last edited:

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
What elessar said is just not true... Sonic is AT LEAST 6-4 in Sonic favor... look, we all know you don't like Izaw... but for the Lord, don't make stupid asumptions!

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467

I honestly believe Link is just as good.. Sheik is just more developed... And I've mained both of them for loooooooooong.

Also, I was on this forum a lot before, the reason I quit was because the community started arguing who was the best. Izaw or Legan? Both me and Legan felt like w/e we don't care, and since then a lot of people started hating on me for beeing seen as the best Link.. so I wanted to just avoid that, then I came back, posted some stuff, and got shut down by most Links, so I quit.

And I don't gain anything for staying here. I don't strive for you guys to like me. I honestly don't care. No disrespect. I just try avoiding negative people and hate. Specially when it come to "Link sux". No he doesn't he is incredible, he's got everthing in this game except for one thing. And of course I share my knowledge, I've always done, have you seen my channel? Where else do you find this stuff? I contribute and show everything I have and can. I just honestly avoid the Link boards. It's full of people I very much don't agree with nor enjoy talking with.

AND I will continue to share my knowledge, always, I'll show you guys how and why Link is SO godly in this game. Just like Sheik, the only reason you think it sounds ridiculous is because you have been fed with the idea of that he sux all this time. I don't blame you. But when I express my opinion to say guys, Link is atleast high tier, and you start doing NOTHING but flaming me and hating on me. WHY in the world would I care of proving you wrong. It's your loss. Not mine. You could instead be genuinely asking: Really? How? Why? Could you show us?

Sure I could.

But if the response is: HAHAHA go take you FG expreince outta here

Why the hell would I even bother.
@Bolded How is Link at least high tier in your opinion? And what is that one thing he's missing?

Izaw

Smash Ace
Warning Received
My point exactly. By the end of the day, its not about that Link does better or worse than Sheik against Sonic

It's about if YOU as LINK have figured out the match up against Sonic.

@Bolded How is Link at least high tier in your opinion? And what is that one thing he's missing?
I'll show you my friend, It will all be explained in the Art of Link 3. Working on it as we speak

Last edited by a moderator:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Like Staticmanny who had to switch from his Link to Sonic to beat a Sonic who was worse than him, like KirinBlaze who lost to Ixis in tourney 2-1, like Lawz who knows the MU from Cam and will tell you it's easily in Sonic's favor.

Nonsense, when the Sonic plays patiently he will have to get Link to commit to his laggy arsenal.

I'm all about being optimistic but we don't win the Sonic MU.
And what if no one wants to commit? I agree that the Sonic MU is not in Link's favor, but it's not like Link really needs to approach.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
What elessar said is just not true... Sonic is AT LEAST 6-4 in Sonic favor... look, we all know you don't like Izaw... but for the Lord, don't make stupid asumptions!
I wasn't making stupid assumptions because I don't like Izaw. I was speaking from my personal experience in the MU. I only lose to Sonics when the player out plays me, but when I'm playing someone of my same skill level I always win that MU. Offline, in tourneys and MMs. I agree that it's annoying and campy, and tedious, but the times I've lost to a Sonic have been due to time out.

You shouldn't make assumptions either. I'm not some scrub who has no idea what he's talking about and I'm not about to spread misinformation just because I don't like someone. In fact, I have nothing, nothing, personal against Izaw, much less hate him. Heck, I barely know him, how can I hate someone I don't know?

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
How's very one doing tod— oh…oh…oh my. Looks like I have a bit to catch up on.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
I'd just advise everyone involved to cool off a little.

Izaw you don't have to defend yourself, and frankly being defensive hasn't worked for any poor schlub around these parts. Take things with a grain of salt, no one here knows you personally so what difference does our opinions make. Just say what you think and don't take responses as personal attacks unless its blatant. If you said yourself that your detractors are a minority, avoid them and calmly discuss things with the people that will respond rationally.
(Also this may be my opinion, but If I know Cam well enough, anytime he posts:093: he's not being serious. It was likely a joke.)

Elessar, I don't think Link preforms well against sonic since he has more reliable kill options and outruns us dead. I feel like Sonic can sift through our zoning too easily to consider it a favorable MU. I suppose I should take Lawz's advice and take it to the MU thread though, so ^.^''

We Link mains value think skin, so those who take things too personally don't last long here. This feud is pretty dumb and shouldn't continue, but if nobody wants to kiss & make up then we should probably drop it since I can sense Foxy's headache from Texas. (Aussie is pretty far mate, gotta be sharp and avoid the dingos and whatcha.)

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Doesn't Cam add a :093: to all of his posts? Also, in my experience Sonic has a hard time killing Link while we don't have one. Specially now that his usmash has been nerfed. He has even less kill moves.

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
Doesn't Cam add a :093: to all of his posts? Also, in my experience Sonic has a hard time killing Link while we don't have one. Specially now that his usmash has been nerfed. He has even less kill moves.
That helps, though Sonic still has the advantage.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Actually. Since I'm in the process NOW. What specifically would you like me to bring up about Link in the Art of Link?

Soft Bomb is already in, so don't worry... but anything from option out of jab cancels, to different ways of killing, true combos, recovery etc etc. Anything you might think Link is extra good or bad at, please let me know.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Actually. Since I'm in the process NOW. What specifically would you like me to bring up about Link in the Art of Link?

Soft Bomb is already in, so don't worry... but anything from option out of jab cancels, to different ways of killing, true combos, recovery etc etc. Anything you might think Link is extra good or bad at, please let me know.
I've never really explored link too much, so I don't know if this response has any use because I just don't know if this is obvious info, but I'm wondering what the custom options are.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515

Personally, I'd be more interested in a small guide on how to play the neutral and spam effectively rather than yet another AT guide, so if you can add that it would do wonders. We're lacking a lot in guides on fundamentals, more than AT and flashy tutorials.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364

I'm guessing some of the new stuff we got in the recent patch, such as dthrow combos and mix ups, and new applications for the revamped dtilt. A section on improving what we should do in neutral and mixing up things to keep the opponent guessing would probably help the most. Fundamentals > AT

Last edited:

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
Mention Link's shortcomings, and provide some insight as to why they affect him. Please do not very situational techs (i.e. Throwing a bomb on the wall and spiking them, that one was of no use.)

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer

Have a look through the OP's of the AT and Meta threads; you're bound to find some things that might interest you. Also you can think of this as either a request or an offer, but I'd be interested in looking over it for you to help correct any inaccuracies (should they actually exist) before you released it.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I've never really explored link too much, so I don't know if this response has any use because I just don't know if this is obvious info, but I'm wondering what the custom options are.
Beyond Melee rang and to an extent QF bow they're not very good.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
He should probably eschew detailing customs too much since most tournaments after Evo are going to drop them and the video will focus on vanilla Link more than likely. If you wanna talk/hear more about customs for Link, we do have a thread for it ^_^
http://smashboards.com/threads/top-8-max-custom-sets-for-link.380198/

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Could you cover options out of Dthrow? We already have proved some stuffs (Luigi and yoshi needs to start from 10% or else we get Naired, C. Falcon can get Dtilted at 0%, Fox get Spin Attacked at 0%) but it would be interesting if you can explore more options (comboes and reads).

EDIT: Emphatize that Link has NO true comboes at all %, as your videos are viral, we could get a nerf if the kitz missundertand the video...

Last edited:

Izaw

Smash Ace
But Link .. does have true combos though ? Both out of Dthrow and Dtilt for example.. I've tested it

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
But Link .. does have true combos though ? Both out of Dthrow and Dtilt for example.. I've tested it
Notice he said "at all percents"

If you're going to include "true combos" in your video, you had better take DI and the opponent's options into account when doing so. Spreading misinformation helps zero people. Do it right.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I believe they're referring to one of my many 'pet-peeves' XD. A true combo is one that cannot be escaped even with DI, and the combo counter is terrible for various reason so is never a guaranteed indicator. Link does have true combos, it's just that many things that some people consider to be true combos aren't because they didn't test it properly. See the smash dictionary for such things.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Depends on the definition of true and the damage percent. What we call true combos are linked hits which cannot be escaped nor evaded by any means. All the hits in the chain are guaranteed 100%. If DI can get you out of the combo it's not true anymore for instance. Also, it might be true at 0% but it stops being true at 30% or 50%. If that's the case then not only is it not too useful, it's also a bit impractical and it must be noted that the combo is DI dependant.

Top Bottom