• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
@ Dumbfire Dumbfire I'm having the same issues as ShinyMetal here, any tips on how to perform forward/side throw DACIT on GC controller? I know that pivoting is required but.. idk
I don't know about pivoting being required. There are many ways to do bombslides, at least the up-throw and up-throw fake-out. For the Up-throw, I do the old DACUS input: C-stick down, then Up + Z. If you do that within a very fast, 1 frame window, you'll get an up thow bombslide. To get an uthrow fake-out, all you have to do is delay the timing. It is the same input, the only difference is timing. There are various other ways to do those two, because all that is required is to dash throw the item, then cancel that dash throw with another item throw. Go to Foxy's AT thread for a full explanation of all options.

For the reverse fake-out, the actual forward throw one, the Dthrow fake-out, the Item Drop fake-out &c, what you need to do is run forward, then throw with Z while rolling the control-stick from forward to up then pushing a direction on the c-stick set to tilts. The direction on the c-stick is back for reverse fake-out, up for up fake-out, down for down fake-out, diagonally up in specific indent for item drop fake-out.

The last bombslide is the nearly impossible to do, under regular conditions, full reverse bombslide. Due to a changing in bombslide timing and altering of the sweetspot for this bombslide into a very odd place right above an indent you can forget about doing it normally -- but FSK is undergoing an experiment where he has modded his controller to lower the indent. He can now do it about half the time, and will practice for more precision.

I will make a video showing all variations, with some nice clips of uses, then a tutorial video outlining and showing the inputs -- because we get too many bombslide questions. FSK planned a video too. Time to get to work...

Rizen

Smash Legend
Warning Received
I agree but most people are already hating on me for no reason really, I never had a problem with anyone.
"No reason?" You really don't get it? You are not above the forum rules; you post threads to glorify yourself where they don't belong. You cause a ton of forum spam and even more indirect spam from scrubs coming over and say "Link is a high tier all the veteran Links must be playing him wrong" with no evidence. You act like you know better than all the tourney going Links but you don't have any results.
And I do have tourney results, I just haven't played Link in the tourneys. And I live in EU so coming to America is expensive and difficult. I do update myself on the link boards, but whenever I express myself on the forums I get **** for it. So I'll stick to making Art of Link series.
No, you get **** for doing things like posting the art of Sheik "By Izaw" in three different places including the Link forum. Don't gives us your sob stories when you blatantly spam, advertise yourself and encourage flaming.

I'm in a bad region too. But I did work in the Brawl days; I went to live tourneys even though many took 2 hours to drive to one way. I discussed the metagame with other Links and played as much as I could. I contributed to the boards and help Link players in anyway I could.
Now that I have a lot of demands in life and only occasionally play lolwifi I don't post on MU discussions or tell tourney going Links I know better than them. I've labbed some stuff to help out and try to help the forums without contaminating the metagame.
Links position on how good he is in the game shouldn't be based on tourney results only. Which of now that's the only thing you guys are looking at. Like I said, where was Peach before Armada started playing her? It's not about the tourney results.
Tourney results are the way a character is ranked! Peach didn't rise until she proved it. Baseless theory crafting means nothing.
It's about working together, developing the character, and believing in that Link is just as good as any character. I can't work with people that say Link is bad, if he isn't, where is the tourney results? There isn't any.
"Working together"- you mean like what everybody except you has been doing? To quote you:
Bad players.
Link isn't bad, who the hell told you that? Some scrub who doesn't really know anything? The forums? Why are you listening to people who say he is bad ? He isn't "clearly" not very good.
Where are the tourney results? On the forums with the people who say Link is bad!
http://smashboards.com/threads/link-tournament-results-thread-28th-june.404196/

And I WILL show up at a tournament at some point in the U.S. But right now I am struggling for money, working hard, and still contributing as much as I can for Link. Remember I DONT live in USA. Players from all over the world, Argentina, London, Netherlands etc come to ME instead, why the heck would they do that if they do that? When have I ever claimed I'm the best Link?? Never. When have I ever claimed anything as a player? Never. Other people claim things about me. And that's where the hate comes in from the other people who either disagree or get jealous. I'm fine with that, throw your hate at me I don't care.
Great and I WILL climb the tallest mountain in the continent therefore I am qualified to give people mountain climbing lessons; that's how it works, right?
People often come where lodgings are.
"When have you ever claimed anything as a player?" How about when you said you know better than the entire forum? Or when you make threads claiming you played a "Truly pro DDD"? We have no reason to "be jealous of you"; we hate you because you treat every hard working Link like an idiot if they disagree with your uninformed opinions.

By the end of the day you are hating on someone who contributed more to Link for the whole Link community than just th Link boards here. And I never claimed anything. I just did a tutorial. And I play players who come from around the world to challenge me.
You are the quintessential narcissist. You don't have results to back you up but make youtube videos ignorant FG scrubs eat up while insulting the tournament going Link players. You're poison to the competitive Link community.

And FYI the match against Haze wasn't a MM between us. It was a MM in the sense where a sponsor would pay the winner the money for just winning the set.

I believe link is high tier. He isn't officially on the list ofc, but that's simply because all the tourney are in the U.S. And so far no U.S player so far is playing Link in the correct and most effective way, probably because they see themselves as a underdog and lowtier, or because simply there are other players who are just better.
http://i.imgur.com/zUIlWMG.png
Haze said those were friendlies where he wasn't trying and no money was involved.

"so far no U.S player so far is playing Link in the correct and most effective way, probably because they see themselves as a underdog and lowtier, or because simply there are other players who are just better."
Oh the mighty Izaw knows better than all the tourney goers in the USA! And you wonder why we don't like you.

This has gone on long enough. I'm glad I finally got to say that in front of everybody. Izaw if your head gets any bigger it will throw off the Earth's orbit. Say whatever want; you don't have anything to back it up. Listening to your dribble is a waste of time. /ignored.

Last edited:

Izaw

Smash Ace
All of this is so ignorant and just full of hate. I'm I the only one who is seeing this!?

Have I ever TOLD you Link player how to play? No. Because I haven't won with Link in tourneys, all I've ever said is that I believe he can. And I repeat the match between me and haze WAS a money match that the winner gets money from the sponsor, not from each other.

I never insulted ANYONE. YOU DO. YOU are poison. You are creating this mess. ONCE in my life I posted a thread of The art of sheik in the wrong place. ONCE. And now I'm a spammer and narcissists? Wow. And I'm not ranking Link. I'm saying he has the same potential that Peach has in Melee. That's all. I believe in Link. You don't, that's fine, for you he sucks cuz he hasn't won a tourney. I'm fine with that. Stop attacking me. Where are the goddamn mods for this bull****?

You're full of blind hate and ego my friend, good luck with your life
/ignored :x

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
I believe link is high tier. He isn't officially on the list ofc, but that's simply because all the tourney are in the U.S. And so far no U.S player so far is playing Link in the correct and most effective way, probably because they see themselves as a underdog and lowtier, or because simply there are other players who are just better.
You folks are all forgetting Scizor:

Smash at Church April 19th 2015
Scizor:4link: 4th out of 113
http://challonge.com/SBACSingles
http://smashboards.com/rankings/smash4-at-church-singles.6238/event

That's a regional in California, the smash state.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Links position on how good he is in the game shouldn't be based on tourney results only. Which of now that's the only thing you guys are looking at. Like I said, where was Peach before Armada started playing her? It's not about the tourney results.
Actually, it is. Peach had potential, but nobody accepted that until there were tourney results. You believe Link has potential to be the new Diddy. Great, now prove it the same way Armada did, with tourney results. We go by hard evidence, not faith here. So far our empirical evidence has shown that Link doesn't have what it takes to win a tourney with, so we say that. We'll always give evidence more credibility than the opinion/blind faith of someone who not only doesn't contribute, but who also doesn't main Link nor uses him in tourneys. Basically, you have no credibility in this game for Link because you haven't earned it.

Where are the goddamn mods for this bull****?
Well I was demodded, so yeah.

Nimious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nimious
You folks are all forgetting Scizor:

Smash at Church April 19th 2015
Scizor:4link: 4th out of 113
http://challonge.com/SBACSingles
http://smashboards.com/rankings/smash4-at-church-singles.6238/event

That's a regional in California, the smash state.
Did Scizor really do that all with Link? If so he's a god.

I always thought Scizor and Cacogen (Gay traitor) had the best Links but even then I didn't think they'd be good enough to get top five placements at big tournaments.

I mean Fox can jab lock Link at 40% and Link's basically in death percentage shortly after. Then you have Shieks...

Well needless to say there's enough bad match-ups that I just don't think it's possible to compete with Link alone.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Well needless to say there's enough bad match-ups that I just don't think it's possible to compete with Link alone.
That's actually a good point that I had forgotten about. Scizor uses greninja for Link's bad MUs, and usually takes sets with greninja rather than Link (understandable), so it's not like Link is so good (New Diddy) that he can either carry other chars to finals or win a tournament without support from an alt (as current top tiers can).

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Did Scizor really do that all with Link? If so he's a god.

I always thought Scizor and Cacogen (Gay traitor) had the best Links but even then I didn't think they'd be good enough to get top five placements at big tournaments.

I mean Fox can jab lock Link at 40% and Link's basically in death percentage shortly after. Then you have Shieks...

He only pulled out Greninja in the two sets he lost, which were against the respective number 1 and number 2, Mr ConCon and Larry/DEHF -- i.e., top Luigi and Fox. Everything else was Link. That was match-up 'luck' in part though, he does often switch to Greninja for ridicilous match-ups, and rightly so. Sheik is one of the characters he won't use Link against, at least not pre-patch, as he's stated in the Sheik MU thread. When he does pick Greninja in bad MUs, however, he usually tries Link first game 1 (see the set against Angbad for example).

Funny you should mention Fox because Scizor plays with Larry a lot and was very optimistic after the Dthrow buff regarding the Fox match-up ("rip larry", lol). He doesn't seem to have attended anything since though, so we'll have to wait. He's also unlucky in that all sets we have of him except a single one (the one versus the R.O.B. Perfect_Edge that's on my channel, saved from a Twitch broadcast) are of him losing, generally to excellent players like Zenyou. FSK and LinkeA (DrigoToes' pupil) played some friendlies with him when they encountered him on Anther's Ladder, where he was to practice as he was tired of "losing to no-names". FSK talked with him a bit and Scizor offered to send some replays to him (so we'd have more footage), but sadly he never did.

The best showcase of him yet is this legendary Brawl set. He's our best at the moment. KirinBlaze hasn't attended a tournament since late February because he's been busy with work, but he was planning to get back into Smash. Cacogen is curious to try Link again after the patch, he spoke to Zerker, FSK and me a bit on ladder. He said "maybe", but will go Sheik and Toon Link "for now". Cacogen will likely always main Sheik though, and Zerker said his Link was very rusty -- natural, since he hasn't used Link since the jab nerf patch. He goes to weeklies which Zerker attends too and they usually Link ditto.

Last edited:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Man you guys did work last night/this morning. I was almost late trying to read it all and I still had to take the time at work to read.

I would voice my opinion but many have said what I feel in one way or another so there's no sense in beating a dead horse at this time. While I am not quite a fan of the bashing I do side with the view point. Actions speak louder than words and communication is king.

Bottom line. I have learned some neat things from Izaw but these boards have made me a better player overall. They helped me to think objectively and the play smart.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Actually, it is. Peach had potential, but nobody accepted that until there were tourney results. You believe Link has potential to be the new Diddy. Great, now prove it the same way Armada did, with tourney results. We go by hard evidence, not faith here. So far our empirical evidence has shown that Link doesn't have what it takes to win a tourney with, so we say that. We'll always give evidence more credibility than the opinion/blind faith of someone who not only doesn't contribute, but who also doesn't main Link nor uses him in tourneys. Basically, you have no credibility in this game for Link because you haven't earned it.

Well I was demodded, so yeah.
First of all, I said, I BELIEVE Link has the potential, until then, ofc he is "lowtier". Doesn't mean he is bad though, that's what I stand against, I simply don't believe he is bad. If he was I'd say it... Jeez

Second of all, you have no idea how much I am working to get money to travel to the U.S., got 2 jobs and money I try to earn through YouTube, I WILL travel to the U.S., I'll even move there eventually. If I could go to a tournament and play tomorrow in the U.S., I would be there, no question. And I will be at the tourneys, when I live in the U.S. But why the hell would I want to prove Link is good to the forums if the ignorant minds rather cry about how bad he is and how "narcissistic and wrong" I am. Why would I ever want to bring joy to the people who attack me and do nothing but hate and create rumours about me. HAZE is a goddamn liar. "Friendly, not playing seriously" bull****. He came all the way from across Sweden to play me and try to beat me. These people rather listen to him, find something bad that they heard about me, and use It against me without any evidence themselves, and flame me for not having evidence for claiming link is good. Watch my channel, you decide how good Link is. My opinion stands. Why do you NEED to attack me? I NEVER said, I am the master Link, listen to me, this is how you play and win. No never. I don't have that credibility. All I do is show people how I play link, that's it, people have a problem with it and flame me, where the hell is the moderators who take care of this unfair bullying? Kids with egos keep telling me I have an ego. You don't know me son, stop hating on me because you have a problem with Link. I'm the most peaceful and naive person you'll ever know if you see me in person. I don't have an ego. The minority of you Link mains out there are the only people in this community who hate on me. Not a single soul else does this. This is not because of me, it's because of you and your issues with whatever is in your mind, surroundings and ego.

Seriously mods I can't keep defending myself any more, I'm getting tired of this. You people know what I've contributed to this community, and like I said I've never made any claim about me. I seriously don't deserve this ****

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Izaw Izaw I find it amusing how I didn't attack you but rather explained why we say what we say about Link and why we don't take your word at face value, yet you still took that as an attack and decided to counter my comments with more good wishes.

What I wonder though is, why do you hold the US to such high standards? Why do you consider EU less? It's all about US, going to US, moving to US, attending US tourneys. Screw that, go rep Link in EU. Or is EU not good enough? Is it just a continent of scrubs? I mean, Armada (who you love to mention as an example) is from EU, right? Zero, currently the best sm4sh player is from Chile. So why is the US so important that it trumps what you can achieve in EU?

Finally, spare us the details of how hard your life is. It's really unbecoming and uncalled for. Everyone has real life issues, big whoops. And while you're at it, spare us your humble brag (I'm the most naive and peaceful person you'll ever know) as well; it won't get you anywhere.

Anyways, Fox had already said that we should stop, so I'll stop now that I have had my turn at voicing my thoughts. I know you'll take this wrongly and feel attacked again because that's what you do. Honestly, I don't care. As I told Zane, you're beyond help.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
What I wonder though is, why do you hold the US to such high standards? Why do you consider EU less? It's all about US, going to US, moving to US, attending US tourneys. Screw that, go rep Link in EU. Or is EU not good enough? Is it just a continent of scrubs? I mean, Armada (who you love to mention as an example) is from EU, right? Zero, currently the best sm4sh player is from Chile. So why is the US so important that it trumps what you can achieve in EU?
Europe doesn't have that many huge tournaments, and very few with foreigners of all kinds attending like those occassional ones in Germany or France, that one Dutch one we had a few months ago, or BEAST (which he did attend). Top EU players like Mr-R travel to the US constantly -- in fact Mr-R will be there for the coming 3 months. ZeRo lives in the US now for its far more vibrant scene. He's not just in "Europe" either, like me and Cat here in NL with constant 80 man tournaments, he's in Sweden which is basically the middle of nowhere as far as smash is concerned. Only Norway close has occassional nationals, but the biggest Sm4sh one so far (which was two days ago) had about 50 attendants.

I'm flying to the Norwegian nationals next month with Cat but that's a costly holiday of at least 400 bucks or so, it's not something you casually do.

Last edited:

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
I once thought @ Izaw Izaw was the best Brawl Link. I am subscribed in his channel and i DO like his stuff in youtube.

I think many link users are mad because FG SCRUBS think Link is top tier using bad assumptions of Izaw's gameplay against random dudes. I think Izaw tries to contribute, but maybe he does in a way that some random people missunderstand and then Link is seen as a good char, and then plaf! Sakurai Nerf our favorite Hero...

I feel that, if it is seen in a good way, izaw footage is a contribution, as there is hard to see offensive play. I undestand that is not the standard, and it is very hard to win with Link in that way, but i know that Link has to take offensive some time.

I hope you continue to upload stuff Izaw, i always like to see your videos and take some plays into my own gameplay.

Nimious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nimious
Honestly Izaw, just post footage of your Link as of this patch. Demonstrate your skill, demonstrate you're on-top of the current Link meta at the very least.

It'll be a lot easier to understand where your coming from if we can see your vision of playing Link.

You should also read what you've said as well. Particularly the bit about no American player playing Link in the correct and most effective way and consider how the American Link mains would be feeling considering some of them have spent so much time frequenting the video & critique thread, reviewing their own replays, practicing and attending tournaments.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
See my vision of Link was always the hot and cold approach. I start off hot and aggressive, whipping out some nicely aimed boomerang and bombs to try to take the neutral. Throw some jabs get the d-tilt combos on them etc. When I get hit just once I switch it up and do the opposite. I camp till I can reset to neutral. Its been working great. But that's what I do. I've been tweaking the way I play Link since the beginning

But Link is like that. There's many viable ways to play him. But that doesn't mean he's top tier. In all reality it's his versatility that kills him in the end.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Honestly Izaw, just post footage of your Link as of this patch. Demonstrate your skill, demonstrate you're on-top of the current Link meta at the very least.

It'll be a lot easier to understand where your coming from if we can see your vision of playing Link.

You should also read what you've said as well. Particularly the bit about no American player playing Link in the correct and most effective way and consider how the American Link mains would be feeling considering some of them have spent so much time frequenting the video & critique thread, reviewing their own replays, practicing and attending tournaments.
I understand you and I'm not ****ting on the American players, I admire that you use him. But a lot of players either ":

A: think I'm **** and fake and laugh at me(the minority haters of the community)

B: Think Link is **** and play him as an underdog rather than apply pressure and play as confident as if he was high tier - WHICH he COULD become

C: if I don't win a tourney in the U.S. or beat a tourney winner in a set, I'm not "deservant" which means I'm irrelevant so apparently you can't learn anything from me cause I'm basically a nobody with no credit

Guys.

1. I don't play For Glory
2. Smash4 EU tournaments are very small and insignificant, traveling to one takes a lot of time money and effort. And for what? None of you guys will care if I win with Link in a Swedish tourney with 40 people... Neither will I.... The competition here is not that strong.
3. I invite top players around the world to come play me at my place instead. You wanna come and face my Link? bring it. I'll house you, feed you, pay for everything here. And guess what, people come over, it's up to you to decide why.
4.The reason I mentioned USA is because I'm moving there in about a year or two. Then you'll see me everywhere. I promise you.
5. I've never claimed ANYTHING. I just post videos, and people claim stuff. "best link" "link top tier" etcetera. I don't really care... I'm not the best until I actually win.people also get mad at the fact that it's "misinforming" that Link is high tier or whatever. So what. Who cares. HOW IS THIS HURTING ANYONE OR ANYTHING? "Buhuhu, no! link sux this is not right F you Izaw! We hate you!" .... What's wrong with you?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Actually you might be interested to know that there was no money match.

I actually doubt Izaw had any money matches against Haze given what I asked him.

My conversation with Haze is now of course deleted in the video comments but thankfully Gmail still has the notifications of what Haze said.

I don't know why Izaw feels the need to lie and call these money matches but this bothered me.
#EXPOSED

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Jezz... I already explained this.

We didnt place money on the table and play for it.

We play and whoever wins gets the money from the sponsor.

Ask the sponsor "Bogart Smash Tour" .. go ahead.. askem
The deleted comments though.
Speaking of moneymatches, you and Lawz have one to do. I'm betting 5 on the Link user : @
Smart man. Smaaaart man. It's gonna happen soon, I'm sure of it.
Quit deluding them into thinking you even play this character, let alone that you can beat me ;)

Last edited:

Izaw

Smash Ace
The deleted comments though.

Quit deluding them into thinking you even play this character, let alone that you can beat me ;)

They were deleted because Haze got upset that he didnt win. Claiming that there were no money was against the agreement I had with the sponsor. Don't you get this... do I really have to explain -_- how many will you digg into me and push me ...

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
They were deleted because Haze got upset that he didnt win. Claiming that there were no money was against the agreement I had with the sponsor. Don't you get this... do I really have to explain -_- how many will you digg into me and push me ...
I'm not interested in blind instigation, but that doesn't make the situation any less hilarious.

Regardless, you can see why this would cause people to be suspicious, don't you? Explaining the deleted comments up front would've been better than only addressing the sponsor situation. Any time something is non-traditional and has anything deleted around it will lead to controversy. That much can be understood. It sounds shady, regardless of what actually took place.

I'm not here to add on to any more hate, but that warranted further explanation for me. Everything else from the users here on the boards seems personal at this point.
Just you wait good sir. It'll be just like old times :)
RIP Edgehogging

Last edited:

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Incidentally, I got Scizor on the Notable Players List, which functions requiring wins over top 60 players or people who once beat top 60 players. The thread owner neatly summarized which characters are most widely used among those notable players:

Mega-Rayquaza
:4diddy::4sheik:

Uber Presence
:4fox::4falcon::4sonic:
:4zss::4luigi::4ness::4peach::rosalina:

Strong Representation

:4olimar::4mario::4duckhunt::4littlemac::4pikachu::4miibrawl::4villagerf::4yoshi::4pit:
:4rob::4metaknight::4lucario:

Niche
:4megaman::4dk::4robinf::4wario2::4marth::4palutena::4kirby::4gaw::4greninja::4wiifit::4myfriends::4tlink:

Single Hero
:4zelda::4pacman::4bowserjr::4mewtwo::4jigglypuff::4link::4drmario:

Where art though?
:4bowser::4charizard::4dedede::4falco::4ganondorf::4lucas::4lucina::4miigun::4feroy::4ryu::4samus::4shulk:

I sure hope we can get at least one more notable representative. Luckily the game is young.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Of course, because the only people I need to explain it to are you people who doubt me... and people who wanna see me burn and crash, well, in my view openly coming here and explaining it seems more shady to me. plus its kind of a waste of time, you'd just flame me and contradict me anyway. And you know this.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Of course, because the only people I need to explain it to are you people who doubt me... and people who wanna see me burn and crash, well, in my view openly coming here and explaining it seems more shady to me. plus its kind of a waste of time, you'd just flame me and contradict me anyway. And you know this.
Or just being transparent from the beginning avoids it altogether.

I'm surprised by the sudden onslaught of criticism, but opinions aside, I think deleted conversation is something that when brought to attention deserves to be clarified. I understand that over clarification can be suspicious, but in or out of context, that looked fraudulent.

I only addressed an isolated incident. I'm not further encouraging any of the flame posts.

I also trust the judgement of character to Lawz and Fox in this situation. I wouldn't purposely do anything to further make their jobs more of a headache.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Well... this hasn't been adresses to me since now.. and I clarified it... did you expect me to write a random message about it...

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
Bombsliding is hard and I need help. I tried reading the section of it in the AT thread, but I just can't get the inputs right.

So Izaw, didn't you switch to Sheik, so if you say Link COULD be top tier, and that he is the new Diddy King (C'mon, you must know how dumb that sounds), what does that mean for you, as your status as a Sheik main?

Last edited:

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
1. I don't play For Glory
2. Smash4 EU tournaments are very small and insignificant, traveling to one takes a lot of time money and effort. And for what? None of you guys will care if I win with Link in a Swedish tourney with 40 people... Neither will I.... The competition here is not that strong.
3. I invite top players around the world to come play me at my place instead. You wanna come and face my Link? bring it. I'll house you, feed you, pay for everything here. And guess what, people come over, it's up to you to decide why.
4.The reason I mentioned USA is because I'm moving there in about a year or two. Then you'll see me everywhere. I promise you.
5. I've never claimed ANYTHING. I just post videos, and people claim stuff. "best link" "link top tier" etcetera. I don't really care... I'm not the best until I actually win.people also get mad at the fact that it's "misinforming" that Link is high tier or whatever. So what. Who cares. HOW IS THIS HURTING ANYONE OR ANYTHING? "Buhuhu, no! link sux this is not right F you Izaw! We hate you!" .... What's wrong with you?
The reason we thought you played For Glory was because the large majority of your video you posted was on omega stages. As most people play on smashville et al. in friendlies instead of random omega stages. It also looks like FG because people weren't airdodging when you were shooting arrows at them, it was almost always P1 and P2 instead of tags, there were no shoutouts to the players you played with in your description... All of this wasn't necessarily your fault, but you can understand why there is confusion, I hope.

Look - stick around. We can learn from you. If you really play people like Mr. R and the like - what works on him? What strategies do you use that shut him and others down? Edge release nair seems to be really effective for edge guarding, and I personally wouldn't have implemented that into my playstyle if you had never made your videos.

But really - if you're wanting us to like you and not flame on you, the things you posted in the video & critique thread would not help you out in the slightest. But even then - people attacked you first and sometimes people feel the need to be hateful when being hated on. It is a possible natural reaction so even that we could forgive you for.

Just do work - here preferably. Help us advance the meta, and also attempt to learn something from us. I don't know your history on here as I'm new to the scene, but it appears you used to be quite active on the boards. What made you stop? It certainly shouldn't hurt if you stay around. Best case scenario, everybody learns your insight, you learn ours, and Link gets better because of it. Then - better tournament results, and un-scrubby people consider Link to be high tier. Worst case scenario - nobody learns anything and everyone hates you, which you believe already to be the case. So really you don't lose anything for staying. It can only get better for you from here.

I'm going to finish this off with one of Foxy's survival tips from the Forum Rules, as I was about to say something similar, but relevant post is relevant. Actually, reading and implementing the survival tips would probably do you well.
Fox Is Openly Deceptive said:
Survival tip 3.
Do work. Seriously though; if you are seen to be a great asset to the Link community, they will suffer your presence. Make posts that have been well researched and contribute to serious discussions in an informed way and the Link mains will turn a blind eye to even the most flagrant disregard for their customs.

Last edited:

ama99

Smash Journeyman
@ Izaw Izaw , if you start SHOWING that Link is a top tier char. We'll respect you. I personally already respect you, I think your a great player, taking off games from J.Miller and Ixis is hella impressive with like. But you need to start showing results before making claims like Link is top tier. Especially on your channel, where a lot of uneducated players and scrubs reside(no offence meant to your gameplay). Saying Link has potential and saying Link is high tier are two different things. You need to clarify. But hey, if you keep posting sets like the Ixis set? This this patch? We might start believing you.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
See my vision of Link was always the hot and cold approach. I start off hot and aggressive, whipping out some nicely aimed boomerang and bombs to try to take the neutral. Throw some jabs get the d-tilt combos on them etc. When I get hit just once I switch it up and do the opposite. I camp till I can reset to neutral. Its been working great. But that's what I do. I've been tweaking the way I play Link since the beginning

But Link is like that. There's many viable ways to play him. But that doesn't mean he's top tier. In all reality it's his versatility that kills him in the end.
here is a great example of this:
Mew.

Mew has pretty decent stats that are even across the board AND she can learn any move by tm or trainer possible. She is the epitome of versatility in Pokemon.

She'd be great for competitive play, right?

She's....just ok...

In anything competitive, while being versatile is good, being able to do anything is not. You need to have focus in order to do well, or at least some. What happens in games is that someone who is highly versatile just ends up doing it all ok. The definition of jack of all trades.

In smash, if you want to be defensive, Rosalina is great at it. If you want to be aggressive you have sheik and diddy and sonic...you get the point. You want to space out your opponent in a hot and cold battle you have Marth. You want to zone....honestly zone centric characters are just ok-good at best.

Link can do all these ok. Just OK. A character who is specialized just has to exploit your just ok defensive abilities. A defensive person just has to exploit your offensive okayness and so on and so forth.

I love link for his versatility but it's only a small boon. It's also his largest bane.

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
here is a great example of this:
Mew.

Mew has pretty decent stats that are even across the board AND she can learn any move by tm or trainer possible. She is the epitome of versatility in Pokemon.

She's be great for competitive play, right?

She's....just ok...

In anything competitive, while being versatile is good, being able to do anything is not. You need to have focus in order to do well, or at least some. What happens in games is that someone who is highly versatile just ends up doing it all ok. The definition of jack of all trades.

In smash, if you want to be defensive, Rosalina is great at it. If you want to be aggressive you have sheik and diddy and sonic...you get the point. You want to space out your opponent in a hot and cold battle you have Marth. You want to zone....honestly zone centric characters are just ok-good at best.

Link can do all these ok. Just OK. A character who is specialized just has to exploit your just ok defensive abilities. A defensive person just has to exploit your offensive okayness and so on and so forth.

I love link for his versatility but it's only a small boon. It's also his largest bane.
Exactly my point. Jack of all trades, master at none... Literally.

Top Bottom