• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
Y'know what Link should be able to do? Cancel arrow charging. Anyone else think that would fit Link well?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I was going to include it in the note of the 'F-smash while holding a bomb' tech, but that got patched out before I could make the thread. We had some pretty good shield breaking stuff like both hits of F-smash (to meteor timed explosion) to D-smash if they didn't get pushed too far away e.g. if they were up against the side of the stage/platform. It's still technically possible now but you need to throw the bomb down, dash away and then F-smash back in the direction of the bomb, and frankly, it's just not the same.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Link should have follow ups from grabs, like low percent dthrow or uthrow kinda stuff.

Rally for Link Hoohah

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
He essentially has zero follow-ups to all of his grabs. None kill either unless you use up throw at like 150%
I pretty sure you can Up Throw to Up Tilt on some characters. I ow;don't same he has none. Just only a small yet and very limited at that.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Dthrow has some easy reads at low-mid %s and Uthrow can lead to a Uair at higher %s but none of it's guaranteed like Hoo Haw and several other characters' throw games.

I'm in a bad mood. There's a stupid high pitch beepbeepbeepbeep every 5 seconds from somewhere outside and it's p***ing me off :mad:
I hate going from offline to wifi and vice versa. The lag hits like a ton of bricks until you get used to it. I was playing really c****y today and SDing a lot.

PS
Damn that beeping! WTF is that?!

Last edited:

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I enjoy For Glory somewhat. Not because of experience (lolyeahright) but because I just pick random characters and win.

People are deathly afraid of Pink DK. I guess because down b wrecks roll..

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
^Dthrow has some easy reads at low-mid %s and Uthrow can lead to a Uair at higher %s but none of it's guaranteed like Hoo Haw and several other characters' throw games.
Yeah, that is sort of what I mean. He does have throw option, just they are few and far between.
I'm in a bad mood. There's a stupid high pitch beepbeepbeepbeep every 5 seconds from somewhere outside and it's p***ing me off :mad:
I hate going from offline to wifi and vice versa. The lag hits like a ton of bricks until you get used to it. I was playing really c****y today and SDing a lot.

PS
Damn that beeping! WTF is that?!
is there construction going on near by? A truck or something might just be reversing.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
God I'm sucking it up with link tonight

My sheik is doing alright but I haven't played her in months

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I had to laugh at this. I just pictured Rizen sticking his head out the window after like 2 hours of this beeping only to see a truck reversing in circles for no reason.
This will be funnier when it's over. I wish it was a truck; the beeps are fast and really high pitch. I think it's a smoke detector. I'm wearing headphones with a blanket wrapped around my head.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
I find Shiek to actually be pretty fun. Cheap, but fun. A little on the weak side though.

But I tell you guys who I am really feeling it for.

:4sonic:.

I never new how awesome of a character he was.
Well I meant as link but as sheik too.

I just had a robin just own me quite a bit. I didn't try sheik but uggghh I've been so bad recently

GOGOlink

Smash Rookie
Guys to be honest now with the buff on his up special ive been playing better. the jab nerf really didnt effect me that much.. but what really bothered me is the spike being removed on his downtilt :/ i really hope sakurai buffs that again next patch ='( now it has a weak meteor effect that really doesnt help T.T

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well I meant as link but as sheik too.

I just had a robin just own me quite a bit. I didn't try sheik but uggghh I've been so bad recently
Well, Robin is a pretty awesome character. Though I am sorry of you run of bad luck. Maybe some good luck will come to you soon :)

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Well this thread has been active the past few days while I've been in Florida.

Yeah robin is a lot of fun and got a bunch of really nice buffs in this last patch.

So i went into a GameStop to get a copy of madden to play with my buddies down here inFlorida and found these sexy figures of Ganondorf and link that were each like a foot tall. They cost like 200 bucks total though. I was sorely tempted to buy them but i just couldn't justify spending that much money :/ I'll upload a picure later though they were hella tight

Last edited:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
I can't wait till my edge game for sheik is better. Was playing a gay who got to 180 and I just couldn't convert

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
There's a lot of hopeful thinking here, but let's be real. The chances of anyone receiving anymore buffs anytime in the future is minuscule.

Last edited:

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
Let's face it, the only characters Sakurai's gonna buff, either need to be terribad or from Kirby/Kid Icarus.

Ampetrix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christopaz
3DS FC
4527-8084-1972
My birthday is today. :3
Happy Birthday!

On another note. Trying to implement ATs on FG is hard, especially soft throws on 3ds.
Can't use smash ladder because my ISP uses strict NAT(bad for console gaming) not sure if upgrading to static ip is worth it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Congratulations on managing to not die for another year.

How did you not suffocate? I would've just put on headphones with some rainymood on. Works like a charm.
It wasn't covering my mouth.

I want to get a lot of wifi games in before Friday since I won't be able to play much after that. If anyone wants to play on the wii u tag me.

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
It wasn't covering my mouth.

I want to get a lot of wifi games in before Friday since I won't be able to play much after that. If anyone wants to play on the wii u tag me.
Depends on when you can play

Top Bottom