• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I've just decided to visit periodically to see what's up with the Link mains, that's all :happysheep:
As long as your intentions are true you shall always be welcome, just ask @Venus of the Desert Bloom. You will find that, while a tad eccentric, we are a fun bunch with a huge penchant for debates concerning technical and mechanical issues of the game.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
It seems that we also debate things about Street Fighter, as of late
Must, resist, saying......

HADOUKEN!!!!!

Sorry, I tried to stop.

Though speaking of Street Fighter, what are you opinions if Ryu got into Sm4sh?

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
We're the Link boards, we'll argue just about anything. That's what makes it fun, at least for me...

Rizen

Smash Legend
IDK why I thought of this now but aerial shocking spin should hit once like N64 Link's spin attack. The recovery's already N64 level so it should at least be a good KO tool. Seriously, shocking spin doesn't even seem better at KOing than the normal spin.

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
IDK why I thought of this now but aerial shocking spin should hit once like N64 Link's spin attack. The recovery's already N64 level so it should at least be a good KO tool. Seriously, shocking spin doesn't even seem better at KOing than the normal spin.
Default Spin: Decent offensively, Okay recovery
Shocking Spin: Somewhat superior offensively, Mediocre recovery
Whirling Leap: Pure recovery

Sadly shocking spin's offensive capabilities isn't worth the loss in recovery, if it semi-spiked at the expense of a decent recovery, maybe it would've been worth it.
With Melee properties:
Shocking Spin: Ungodly offensively, still mediocre recovery

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I can't believe someone thinks WFT outcamps Link. Link needs more good reps and less FG players :/

Rizen

Smash Legend
Default Spin: Decent offensively, Okay recovery
Shocking Spin: Somewhat superior offensively, Mediocre recovery
Whirling Leap: Pure recovery
I did some testing and shocking spin doesn't seem to be any better offensively than the normal spin. Same damage and kill %s. It might start/end sooner idk but it seems like an all around worse move than the standard.

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
No lies guys, Link is garbage in a world run by customs... avoid them (except Boomerang) like the plague.
Meanwhile the Gays steal all the good customs, like fire arrows and floating boomerang....
:(

This is why everyone is moving toward other characters.
Good. We had a long running problem with flavour of the month Link players with thin skin and no strength of commitment. Glad to be rid of them.

They say a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, if that's true this board is only as strong as the nails that hold it in place. We can do without the dollar store grade push pins that try to insert themselves here.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
It's important to note that regular upB was buffed in 1.0.6. So pre patch, Shocking Spin was actally stronger than regular UpB. However, post patch it became the same (apparently).

Hey, if that's the path Sakurai chose I won't complain when he makes the gale identical to the regular boomerang.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Good. We had a long running problem with flavour of the month Link players with thin skin and no strength of commitment. Glad to be rid of them.

They say a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, if that's true this board is only as strong as the nails that hold it in place. We can do without the dollar store grade push pins that try to insert themselves here.
Truest piece of literature I have heard all day. There's no room for the faint of heart here. Those push pins that choose to defy our legion aren't even worth the dollar they're sold for.

Siledh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Siledhrel
3DS FC
3969-5560-9348
I think his quickfire arrows are better than the default too. My preferred set is 3211.
Honestly, I prefer default Link. I like the set-ups the Gale boomerang can provide and I tend to enjoy sniping people off the screen into the blast lines. Even if I miss, it forces them to air dodge or jump, which is all the good for me. I can see some use for the quickfire arrows and regular boomerang, though.

FierceGaiety

Smash Cadet
I did some testing and shocking spin doesn't seem to be any better offensively than the normal spin. Same damage and kill %s. It might start/end sooner idk but it seems like an all around worse move than the standard.
This was also my experience. Same KO percentage front and back.

e: Also I wish Link were stronger because I don't care about flavor of the month appeal or the true honor and glory of relentlessly maining a weak character, I just think Link is super cool and should be able to fight better.

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
If I could have the knockback and angle of the gale going out with the returning hit box of the rang coming back then I would be very happy.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I just want PM spin attack so it has the semi spike properties for ledge guarding and viable start frames for an OoS option. :3

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I miss quickdraw arrows from Brawl. Bair > quickdraw arrow was so great.

Bomb throw > pivot RAR bair > b- reverse quickdraw arrow ftw. Talk about options.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
I miss quickdraw arrows from Brawl. Bair > quickdraw arrow was so great.

Bomb throw > pivot RAR bair > b- reverse quickdraw arrow ftw. Talk about options.
QuickFire Arrow feels like that... you can actually Bair into quickfire arrow or FH pull bomb into quickfire arrow...

Top Bottom