• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
So, who did you guys vote for in the Smash poll? I personally chose Sora from Kingdom Hearts, I think it would be awesome if he and Link could fight each other in an official game.

And I tried Little Mac out a few times, his aerial mobility is so bad that Brawl Link feels sorry for him XD
I voted for Simon Belmont from Castlevania.

FSK

Smash Ace
What about Manny Calavera or Guybrush Threepwood?

I haven't voted yet.

Don't think Leon would fit in he's too violent. Cloud Strife or Sephiroth could be possible. Some want Bayonetta. Maybe we can have Gordon Freeman instead of Snake. Perhaps Sam and Max to replace the ice climbers. I guess no Banjo Kazooie or Conker. Probably no Joanna Dark either. Maybe we could get Adam Drake. Some Jet Force Gemini characters could be cool, but maybe it would be too close to Megaman. If we can have villager maybe we can have Harvest Moon 64. Maybe Johnny Slater would be too generic but he's pretty badass.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
I voted for Phoenix Wright and I do not believe my vote was wasted.
Imagine as a down smash, phoenix pulling out a table to slam.
Up special, he uses a stepladder (a ongoing gag in the games).
Magatama integration.
The power of Phoenix's pointer finger.
Presenting Evidence with the side special.
His alts being Apollo Justice, Miles Edgeworth, Mia Fey, Franziska von Karma, Godot, and Winston freaking Payne. (or maybe our new Athena Cykes, but idk I feel like Sakurai would put in Payne) - also having each of these voiced.
Taunts being various expressions he makes during the games. (smug, sweating, startled) OR his phone rings (with a shortened ring tone) and he answers it.

I would just enjoy hearing "OBJECTION," TAKE THAT," or "HOLD IT" being yelled every time a special is used.

He would be such an absurd character, which would make him all the better.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I already have my Nintendo Points Card for Mewtwo. Not that I want him -- but I need him on my Wii U for tourneys.

I voted for Phoenix Wright and I do not believe my vote was wasted.
Imagine as a down smash, phoenix pulling out a table to slam.
Up special, he uses a stepladder (a ongoing gag in the games).
Magatama integration.
The power of Phoenix's pointer finger.
Presenting Evidence with the side special.
His alts being Apollo Justice, Miles Edgeworth, Mia Fey, Franziska von Karma, Godot, and Winston freaking Payne. (or maybe our new Athena Cykes, but idk I feel like Sakurai would put in Payne) - also having each of these voiced.
Taunts being various expressions he makes during the games. (smug, sweating, startled) OR his phone rings (with a shortened ring tone) and he answers it.

I would just enjoy hearing "OBJECTION," TAKE THAT," or "HOLD IT" being yelled every time a special is used.

He would be such an absurd character, which would make him all the better.
Yes! The only good thing about Marvel vs Capcom 3 is that you can beat up Spiderman with a lawyer. I love me some Ace Attorney.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Huh, so the voting is completely open, you don't really have options. Now I'm lost as to who to vote for...Simon Belmont sounds great, but he's a third party so that's herder maybe...

Really have no idea now...

And no, I won't vote for Roy or Young Link. Stop obsessing over old characters dammit.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Huh, so the voting is completely open, you don't really have options. Now I'm lost as to who to vote for...Simon Belmont sounds great, but he's a third party so that's herder maybe...
Really have no idea now...
I'm not sure either. However, I remember a few years back that people wanted to see Geno from SMRPG: Legend of the
7 Stars in Brawl. I'm thinking about voting for him. On the other hand, I also think Mallow is rather amazing, he's my favorite character from the game, but I don't imagine that people will vote for him. The other person I'd vote for is Issac from Golden Sun.
Decisions decisions.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I voted Isaac from Golden Sun. I was somewhat surprised he didn't make it in due to his cult status and the fact that Lil Mac got the Assist Trophy>Character treatment.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I voted Isaac from Golden Sun. I was somewhat surprised he didn't make it in due to his cult status and the fact that Lil Mac got the Assist Trophy>Character treatment.
You can always argue that it's because little Mac is more emblematic to Nintendo than Isaac.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
New Link main here. Finally decided to main the character whose games I enjoy the most (Zelda as my other main) and have always played a lot in previous Smash titles, just never the most. Link in Smash 4 is just the most fun to play as.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
New Link main here. Finally decided to main the character whose games I enjoy the most (Zelda as my other main) and have always played a lot in previous Smash titles, just never the most. Link in Smash 4 is just the most fun to play as.
Welcome to the Link Boards. To maximize your enjoyment of the boards and it's picturesque culture, please stop by our rules thread and be sure to abide by them. For any need check the rest of the stickies, and for relaxation and off topic shenanigans do drop by our social again.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I voted for Darunia. I really hope they put him in as a DK clone. In fact, I told them to do that.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I voted for Darunia. I really hope they put him in as a DK clone. In fact, I told them to do that.
His Final Smash can be dancing to Saria's Song.

EDIT:
Hello Huggles,
Your Club Nintendo reward order has shipped via USPS-Parcel-Postal.
We hope you enjoy your Club Nintendo reward!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Consumer Service Department

YESSSS Majora's Mask Messenger Bag! Hurry up and get here!

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
I voted for the default custom character from Xenoblade X. I think he would fit in to smash perfectly. He could be a switch between sword attacks and gun attacks that would make him unique. I also voted for Roy and Isaac from golden sun.

Officious

Teh Scrub
The only correct votes are Skull Kid and Fi.
I voted for Skull Kid. While I'm just another FG scrub I'd love to see a Skull Kid final smash in action. It would obviously be Skull kid donning the Majora's mask and pulling the Moon down onto the Stage.

The move set could be based around his flute/blowdart from Ocarina of Time mixed in with Melee attacks, or maybe even a bit more of a dark/fighting type move set while he's wearing the Majora's Mask.

The question is, would Skull Kid be wearing the Skull Mask given to him in Ocarina of Time or would he always be wearing the Majora's Mask?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The question is, would Skull Kid be wearing the Skull Mask given to him in Ocarina of Time or would he always be wearing the Majora's Mask?
Well, those two Skull Kids aren't necessarily the same ones.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Apparently the top 3 most popular votes in order are shovel Knight, king K rool, and snake.

I'd say faith in humanity lost, but that would imply that I had any to begin with.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Apparently the top 3 most popular votes in order are shovel Knight, king K rool, and snake.

I'd say faith in humanity lost, but that would imply that I had any to begin with.
That really pisses me off.

I voted for 9 volt

Also where did you find this out?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I voted for Zael from The Last Story, though I'd be equally content with the inclusion of Calista from the same game.

Last edited by a moderator:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I guess a secondary choice for me would be Yuri Lowell simply because of Namco Bandai wanting to put in a Tales character at one point (also my favorite Tales main protagonist), but I voted someone else because I'm well aware the chances of that are null. lol

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
If any Zelda character should make it in, it should be Skull Kid. Similar to Robin, both models (OoT and MM) could be used with 4 different variations for each. The MM Skull Kid is better looking though, so that should be the main costume.

All I know is Skull Kid would automatically make secondary on my team if he made it.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
That really pisses me off.

I voted for 9 volt

Also where did you find this out?
A reddit poll.

I wanna see all the ssbb characters that were left behind back
Why are people fixated on old chars so much? Even chars who weren't popular (as again, the case of mewtwo). We have the chance of asking for anyone and people choose to just have more of the same. Truly frustrating.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Don't mind a random forum dweller's opinion

I personally voted for Lana from Hyrule Warriors. I also sort of have a soft spot for cutesy girls 8D

If I had to vote for anyone else, I personally loved Roy from Melee. I wouldn't mind Gallade from Pokemon either.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
A reddit poll.

Why are people fixated on old chars so much? Even chars who weren't popular (as again, the case of mewtwo). We have the chance of asking for anyone and people choose to just have more of the same. Truly frustrating.
This ^.
Look I get it that Snake and Mewtwo and Wolf are pretty cool, but we're not breaking any new ground by bringing them back (why Lucas?). What I'd really like to see is an entirely new character not based on any other character's move-set from a game series that has not made it into smash yet. This is what is best for smash as a series, make no mistake. The more they can get their foot in the door with different franchises and third parties, the better the smash series will become. Now in terms of what is best overall, they may as well revive a character/franchise with the idea in mind that we might see a comeback; this is why mega man was so hype for me. He's the perfect example of a good character choice. Fantastic music, unique move-set, hype as **** character from a beloved and well established series.
This is why I demand Simon Belmont.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I wouldn't mind Wolf returning. I haven't voted yet but am thinking Glitch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtqQjuyXw-0
Alice from American McGee's Alice: Madness Returns would be a cool character but has 0 chance of getting in. Speaking of '0', X or Zero from the Megaman X series would be cool with busters and sabers.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
this is why mega man was so hype for me. He's the perfect example of a good character choice. Fantastic music, unique move-set, hype as **** character from a beloved and well established series.
This is why I demand Simon Belmont.
This, so much of this. This is what Smash is supposed to be, a celebration of Nintendo's gaming history. As such, you can argue about snake (after all, he did start in the NES) since it represents the NES era, even though he didn't become iconic until the Solid series in the playstation. If we're going to celebrate Nintendo history, specially the NES era then you can't do it without the corer stones of NES gaming. We already have Megaman, Mario, Samus, DK, Link, and even Duck Hunt (damn dog, at last I can punish that smug face). We still need Simon Belmont, Battletoads, Ryu Hayabusa, Yo Noid, and maybe even Billy and Jimmy Lee.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I agree. With that said, there are few character choices that I'd actually be genuinely disappointed in. At the end of the day we still get another character I guess. There are so few ways that they could **** up so bad that the announcement of a new character becomes bad news.

Top Bottom