• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Some can be fun but it's good to know when neither side will agree and to call it quits.

I tried to make pancakes but they ended up looking like some unearthly abomination :/ They taste good though.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
^Some can be fun but it's good to know when neither side will agree and to call it quits.
By that definition all Internet arguments will call it quits the moment each side utters what they believe.

Rizen

Smash Legend
By that definition all Internet arguments will call it quits the moment each side utters what they believe.
Not necessarily, many times information will be furthered or disputed back and forth. Sometimes people find middle ground. We've had some good debates about Skyward Sword, TP, Customs, etc here :)
Although I agree a lot of trolls online just go for insults and it's better to ignore them. :ohwell:

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
We need to be clear here.

Discussion is fine, where we share information and opinions reflect on it and so on. In this case members of the discussion migh be in full agreement, this never happens in a modern debate.

Debating in modern times is when there are two oppositions and one is trying to argue that their point of view is correct and the others is wrong. If you find out during the debate that your viewpoint is wrong, your mission is now to distort the oppositions argument in such a way that makes it seem that they are the wrong ones. You must use any tools available to you, such as race cards, gender cards, or any sort of general discrimination. If you can derail the debate by throwing out accusations then it is advised to do so. Remember that the goal of a debate is not necessarily to be correct, but to ruin the day of your opponent, if you can also harm their reputation then you are in luck. Never give an answer to a question given by the opposition either, since those are the devil. If the debate is happening in public view then you need to act like a victim, this is an excellent strategy in getting people to take your side. The more people you can deceive the merrier. Also remember the louder you scream and the more you talk over the opposition the more correct you are. Showing emotions of anger is a key indicator that you are in the right and your opposition does not know what they are doing. This is especially important if there are people around observing the debate.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Can confirm modern "debating" is disgusting. A league of little men discussing big things. Get assigned a topic and side, spout as much nonsense as required using all backhanded tricks in the books, and get praised for it. I was mildly applauded as "theatrical" and "poetic", but it was often "too much". Imaginative rhetoric is not for them; their flat reasoning belongs to the dirt. The light of truth they pretend to stand in is nothing more than a rush-light of closet logic; and the only way to speak for both sides convincingly is by being intellectually dishonest: putting truth behind performance and hollow rhetoric. Here is a speech I had to do at one of those events -- I received third place, honorable mention. "Too poetic -- not what we were looking for -- but impressive nonetheless." Fine -- keep your laurels.

It was a meeting ground of lawyers and politicians in the making, the geeky scum of the earth, weak in mind and body but opportunistic and cunning. I hated all of them. The only interesting people there were the attractive women who were as bored as I was.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
The back bone of modern day "debates" are logical fallacies, and its aim winning, not enlightenment. It is a sad period for intellectual debates indeed since they are so rare, and people are not "experts" and "intellectual" after the mere glance at a wikipedia page.

It is sadly one of the downfalls of the era of information. Information is so easy to access that nobody cares for it anymore.

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
I always hoped that debates were to prove points. Not to just simply win, I know debates are meant to gain favor but what is the purpose if you gain favor without a valid point made.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Yeah that's what I meant by this:
Although I agree a lot of trolls online just go for insults and it's better to ignore them. :ohwell:
It's best to ignore jerks like that. Or it ends up being what FSK said (:facepalm:)

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Now on to more serious debates, Skyloft should be a legal counter pick if Castle Seige is as well.

I was with @ Camalange Camalange on Saturday and we both agreed it should be legal, as it once was before. Thoughts, comments, concerns?

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I have no issues with Skyloft when compared to other stages like Castle Siege and Delfino.
Yeah that was our reasoning. There's two dumb low ceiling counter picks (halberd and delfino) and then there's castle seige, which is a stupid stage to begin with.

Plus Skyloft has a few more transitions but they don't last as long as castle siege so walk offs aren't as dumb.

FSK

Smash Ace
I think I've played the stage once and I got rekt by a DDD, so my heart says no but my mind says I have insufficient knowledge on the matter.

If I bother to get a new GC-controller I will check it out.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Now on to more serious debates, Skyloft should be a legal counter pick if Castle Seige is as well.

I was with @ Camalange Camalange on Saturday and we both agreed it should be legal, as it once was before. Thoughts, comments, concerns?
I 100% agree with this. If Halberd, a stage with hazards, is legal, why isn't Skyloft?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I agree that if Castle siege and halberd remain legal then there's no reason for skyloft to not be legal. That being said, I'd rather have them all three not be legal than the way it is now.

Also, in skyloft the transition with the waterfall can kill you since you can't recover when you're under the waterfall.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I agree Skyloft is no worse than Delfino and Halberd.

I played some good games on AiB. I lost all but 2 but learned a lot and got progressively better. It's a good kind of loss. :)

PS you guys are awesome :awesome:

Last edited:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
I agree Skyloft is no worse than Delfino and Halberd.

I played some good games on AiB. I lost all but 2 but learned a lot and got progressively better. It's a good kind of loss. :)

PS you guys are awesome :awesome:
LOL I was top 64 in AiB (Nintendodojo) Then I got banned in Ladder xD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dabuz took 1 again in Nintendodojos Singles Bracket.

And my boi Reflex took 2nd place

Last edited:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink

Rizen

Smash Legend
I usually can only play on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays cause im so busy. For some stupid reason if you dont play for 1 day you lose points. I lost a total of 200 points. So I made a fake account so my points can stop decaying.
Ah, sorry that sucks :c

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I want to test Skyloft more, but yeah, the transitions last like 5 seconds and everything seems quite reasonable. Waterfall was the jankiest transformation and it's not even that bad, especially for how short transformations are and how many transitions the level cycles through... So it's not even guaranteed you'll get to that one.

Halberd, Delfino, CASTLE SIEGE... Skyloft seems no worse.

I was informed that there's a point where there's a roof that can kill you? But there's no way it happens often enough as I didn't even know what he was talking about. Halberd is like, guaranteed laser and claw hit... lmao.

:093:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I was informed that there's a point where there's a roof that can kill you? But there's no way it happens often enough as I didn't even know what he was talking about. Halberd is like, guaranteed laser and claw hit... lmao.
In between transitions there's one point where you can get hit by a wall flying around on the top left of the screen iirc. I've seen it a few times but it's not that big a deal. I was kinda shocked when I first saw that Skyloft was not legal but Fire Emblem Castle Siege was. I agree with everyone, if those two are legal I don't see how this level is not.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
In between transitions there's one point where you can get hit by a wall flying around on the top left of the screen iirc. I've seen it a few times but it's not that big a deal. I was kinda shocked when I first saw that Skyloft was not legal but Fire Emblem Castle Siege was. I agree with everyone, if those two are legal I don't see how this level is not.
Thanks for the clarification. I just can't imagine that such a temporary transition warrants a ban when, as stated several times, we have other jankier stages.

:093:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
So yeah, still working on that AT thread as promised. But while recording I found something very cool. Now I'm not saying it's anything new, but...it's seriously cool to perform, though it was pretty hard to perfect at first and it takes very precise timing. I can garantee you guys will be impressed (hint: it's incredibly flashy). You'll get to see it in the vid that's supposed to be attached to the AT thread. I'll upload it soon.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Can someone help me out a little and link me to where some good AT info is? For some reason this phone won't let me tap the search button. :/

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
I'm not sure about skyloft as I've seen the ceiling spike to kill on a number of occasions. If its timing becomes regular knowledge it could be used in timing throws or hits, but it could also be timing on when to camp.

Castle Siege's transitions kill and the longest transition has walk-offs, a move-slowing and projectile-killing middle ground, and awkward platforms otherwise. Skyloft is the better choice by far.

EDIT: Also as far as best counter-picks as Link goes, I've had a lot of success with Halberd. You can up-b through the stage on the travel part. If you're on the middle of the stage, throwing the bomb horizontally counts as a soft throw, and the platform is a perfect place for almost non-punishable utilt/usmash if your opponent is careless enough to land above you. That combined with the low ceiling makes the stage very strong for Link. The laser also gives you a perfect opportunity to projectile spam. If my opponent doesn't know about the bans a different stage, I pick this one. Can you all think of any reason not to?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm not sure about skyloft as I've seen the ceiling spike to kill on a number of occasions.
That's nothing compared to Mario Circuit's (8) random spikes. God I hate those things.

FSK

Smash Ace
Can someone help me out a little and link me to where some good AT info is? For some reason this phone won't let me tap the search button. :/
Heres a thread about Brawl ATs
http://smashboards.com/threads/secr...ng-thread-complete-at-list-and-combos.277706/

Heres a list of ATs that carried over from Brawl to smash4
http://www.pasteall.org/53980

Did this help? Or were you looking for something else?

EDIT: The smash 4 AT list was outdated to I updated it here http://www.pasteall.org/57701

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I can also recall Wuhu Island and Pilotwings having some pretty bad hazards as well...though am I the only one that likes Gamer's hazards? Lol

Heres a thread about Brawl ATs
http://smashboards.com/threads/secrets-of-the-seven-sages-links-brainstorming-thread-complete-at-list-and-combos.277706/

Heres a list of ATs that carried over from Brawl to smash4
http://www.pasteall.org/53980

Did this help? Or were you looking for something else?
Well yeah, kinda. But only so much. Especially with bomb sliding and other stuff working differenly in Sm4sh, or just being completely absent in general. This is also somewhat useful though so thanks. But I recall @ Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive linking me to much more recent info. New techs included. I guess I'm off to find his post then lol.

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
Whoops, double post.
You'll find links to most of the information you'll need in this thread though

http://smashboards.com/threads/inde...ook-here-before-creating-a-new-thread.374832/

Keep in mind that this post http://smashboards.com/threads/inde...e-creating-a-new-thread.374832/#post-17861367

Has become outdated now that I updated the list. Hopefully Zelkam can update the post soon.

Heres the discussion thread about bombslides:

http://smashboards.com/threads/question-wii-u-bombslide.379029/

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
My complaint against Halberd as a CP for Link is characters with annoying up air related chains like Rosalina, Diddy, ZSS, etc can kill stupidly early there.
IMO BF is overall the best stage for Link. For a large CP stage my favorite is Delfino but only if the opponent must chase Link down (Ike, Ganon, etc). Chasing good mobility characters like Yoshi down on big stages is hell.
Yea, hey but now im top 64 in Anthers ladder. :)

How ya been man, been 4ever
Congrats.

Not good tbh, I've just had a lot of stuff to deal with the last 3 months.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd go to the social threads and post my silhouettes. I actually have a quite few for Link... And I'll be posting even more in the Toon Link thread!

[collapse= A great many Links]

[/collapse]

Top Bottom