• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
You deserve this, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
I do right? Damn I do, I worked hard for this, harder than anyone else.

I own this avatar, and all you jelly scrubs can burn.

FSK

Smash Ace
helo dis is shaq

I'm more hyped about finally being able to share replays and being able to block Falco's lazur

Last edited:

Officious

Teh Scrub
I'm looking forward to seeing what the community chosen character ends up to be. I've already seen a few comments from various sites saying that votes have been placed for Skull Kid and even Tingle.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Nintendo Direct is out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMedqo8mLaQ
My thoughts:

WHERE'S THE FREAKING WII U ZELDA?!

Amiibo stuff
Nintendo likes their marketing. $$$. Oh well.

Mario Kart 8
This is actually a good deal for DLC. 200cc looks cool.

SSB4 Mewtwo and Lucas look like how they played before. They look fun though. I hope Wolf is released later. Hype for the Majora's Mask Mii costume. The new balance patch hopefully will nerf things like Hoo Haw but Link will lose his jab cancel lock thing too.

Mario Maker looks fun; I hope they allow crazy stuff like Kaizo Mario.

Yoshi Wooly World
I'm glad it will have challenging difficulty unlike a certain recent Kirby game with a similar style.

Splatoon
I like the Mushroom Men/De blob style. This looks cool but it's not a high priority for my wish list.

The E shop retro games might be fun to play again.

Octodad, meh

Retro style platformers like Adventures of Pip and the block thing could be fun.

Fire Emblem/whatever spinoff
This has 0 appeal to me.

Fatal Frame
Looking good. I might get this.

Pokemon Rumble
"Freemium is Free"

Puzzle and Dragons
meh

Attack on Titan
WTF is this?

STEAM
doesn't appeal to me.

Mii Plaza
meh

Xenoblade for 3DS
Don't have a 3DS but I want to see more of Xenoblade Chronicals X for the wii u.

Fire Emblem
I like RPGs but the closer they get to JRPGs the less appeal they have. :/

My power went out before and lights have flickered. I hope it stays on. It's going to snow here.

Shaq's cool and a better April Fool's theme than I thought but I want my old Avi back.

Last edited:

ChainArmour712

Smash Cadet
Seeing this guy's face everywhere is driving me nuts.....

But I also really want Wolf back, think he should have been in before Lucas if it had come to that.

How do you guys think the patch will impact Link otherwise? I'd personally like a bit more range on the spin attack, since it's a lot shorter than Melee and hard to get used to going between games.

Oh and Rizen, think you are going to post more match videos on Youtube any time soon? I watched nearly all of them and they were entertaining for what my opinion's worth.

One more thing, you may have seen this video already but I thought I'd post it here for those who hadn't. For being made by a sixteen year old it's really damn impressive...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVgladFcWLI

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Voted for Ghirahim lol. Typed up some really persuasive stuff along with it that I'm pretty proud of. I'll post it here later.

But yep, this Nintendo Direct got me hyped, and I haven't been this hyped since Zelda U footage was released. The Smash DLC, FE & Xenoblade Chronicles 3D stuff are what were the hypest things about it for me.

Last edited:

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
I really enjoyed lucas' play style in Brawl. He might become a pocket of mine if he's good enough.

Hope to get more range on our rang with the patch... and I'd love it if they could fix the screwy tether. I don't use it as much as I should because I've been "punished" by that glitch too often - a nair when I'm expecting my hookshot is quite deadly.

Direct Thoughts;
Up until the last minute I was hoping for something on Zelda U but they kept on talking about Mario Kart 8 much to my disappointment.
DS and N64 games on Wii U!!!! Mario Kart DS was my game - if there had been rankings for that game I don't doubt I would have been ranked, so I hope they include the online functionality.
200cc looks incredible. I'd love it if it wasn't on the train wreck that is Mario Kart 8.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, i was wonder if, with the voting thing for smash bros, I was wonder if you guys might be able to vote for Young Link to come back to Smash 4. You obviously don't have and you all probable don't want to that's fine. All I am asking at least it for you consider it maybe. Please?

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, i was wonder if, with the voting thing for smash bros, I was wonder if you guys might be able to vote for Young Link to come back to Smash 4. You obviously don't have and you all probable don't want to that's fine. All I am asking at least it for you consider it maybe. Please?
I certainly wouldn't mind Young Link with a Fierce Deity Final Smash or even Fierce Deity Link as his own separate character, but there are others I would much rather play as. Sorry, fella.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
What about, remove Gay? No one ought to mind. Fierce Deity Link would be a cheap clone à la Dark PIt though, and then the boards would be separate -- a whole mess for very little reason.

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
My balance patch predictions:
Remove Link's jab lock thing, keep DDD's jab lock thing.
Fix Gay's zair so it can drop bombs and ZAC. Link stays the same.
Nerf Link's fsmash knockback.
Increase uair and dair landing lag.
Jab starts at frame 12
Decrease bomb damage to 3% direct hit and 5% indirect hit. Keep TL's percents the same.
Give DA more ending lag.
Decrease grab range.

Increase yoshi egg throw damage to 8%.
Diddy's barrell recovery charges twice as fast and is given same damage and knockback as Ness up-b.
Increase ZSS neutral-b stun.
Pacman can have two firehydrants out.
Diddy can have two bananas.
Make falcon's knee easier to sweetspot.
Make Falco's lazer the same as in brawl. Remove Link's ability to block it.
Make hylian shield the same as brawl.
Bomb now hurt Link when impacting opponents.

I have more predictions, but too lazy to type more.

Breadloaf

Smash Apprentice
Jab starts at frame 12
Decrease bomb damage to 3% direct hit and 5% indirect hit. Keep TL's percents the same.
Give DA more ending lag.
Decrease grab range.

Diddy's barrell recovery charges twice as fast and is given same damage and knockback as Ness up-b.

Why would you say such a thing

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
If the new patch is based on tourney results, we might see something very good. If it's based on For Glory and its players and their outcries, Link may very well get nerfed: he's used often and then called out for "spam" and "cheap playing". I don't even know what I'd do if Link suddenly got worse -- .. But it's honestly feasible.

Officious

Teh Scrub
I'm really hoping that Little Mac doesn't get any sort of buff. Even if the patch notes say that his recovery was increased by .001%, I suspect For Glory would be flooded with Macs again.

Last edited:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
But to be honest, LM needs some serious rebalancing to become a viable character. His absolutely pisspoor recovery and the ease of gimping him are so crippling that only some of the best LM players can keep him alive long enough to run up the %s

It would be nice to see a game-wide removal of having to Z-air to drop things midair. With that, some minor frame improvements on tilts, and some major improvement on grounded up-b coupled with a better recovery and Link will be an excellent mid-tier character. Give him some "get off" options and a better grab/throw game with possible follow-ups and he might even break into high tier along the line.

Last edited:

ChainArmour712

Smash Cadet
So, who did you guys vote for in the Smash poll? I personally chose Sora from Kingdom Hearts, I think it would be awesome if he and Link could fight each other in an official game.

And I tried Little Mac out a few times, his aerial mobility is so bad that Brawl Link feels sorry for him XD

Mr. Cooper

Smash Rookie
But to be honest, LM needs some serious rebalancing to become a viable character. His absolutely pisspoor recovery and the ease of gimping him are so crippling that only some of the best LM players can keep him alive long enough to run up the %
I agree. I enjoy playing as little mac from time to time, but his poor recovery is enough to keep me from using him more often.Personally, I would gladly trade the KO punch for better recovery.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Jab starts at frame 12
Give DA more ending lag.
Decrease grab range.

I don't think this will happen, you're just too jaded FSK (aren't we all?). If it does happen however, I'll send Sakurai one hatemail per day for 3 months and I'll burn every amiibo I own and my copy of smash.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I think the biggest culprit that needs to be fixed is dair, I seriously can't believe they effed up the move so badly. Either make the spike hitbox bigger, or give it back the strength of Brawl dair (not startup), which killed around 70% I believe.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I certainly wouldn't mind Young Link with a Fierce Deity Final Smash or even Fierce Deity Link as his own separate character, but there are others I would much rather play as. Sorry, fella.
Nah, it's all fine. I knew this would likely happen. I just really want to play Young Link again in smash that isn't Melee. Well, good luck with who ever you are voting for man and if he gets in, I would like to say now congratulations. :)

Sorry but 3 Links in Smash would be stupid. @ The Merc The Merc
I am really sick of this "but 3 LInk's is over kill'

It's not really. We have already had 3 foxes in brawl and could quiet possible have again 3 foxes and 3 Marths.

I'm not angry at you man, I am just annoyed with this line. Think of it like this. If Young Link can get back into smash despite the odds, literally any character should be able to get into smash. Even Goku and Ridely. Okay, maybe not Goku :p

You say that like there's more than one link in smash.
Whoa, actually, you are right, which means Young Link's chances of getting back into smash is even greater now :D

What about, remove Gay? No one ought to mind. Fierce Deity Link would be a cheap clone à la Dark PIt though, and then the boards would be separate -- a whole mess for very little reason.
If I could, I would remove Gay from Smash. unfortunately, it is out of my power.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
brawl and could quiet possible have again 3 foxes and 3 Marths.
Only that there weren't 3 Foxes. Wolf wasn't a clone by any stretch of imagination. It was based on Fox ad a template, but it wasn't a clone. It was simply too different from Fox. Even Gay is more of a clone than Wolf. Heck, even Lucas was more of a clone than Wolf.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I think I'll try Mewtwo out just to see what the Smash 4 engine did with him. I say that because multi-hit moves in Smash 4 are harder to out-prioritize and DI out of than previous games, and since Mewtwo has a potentially great move that functions as so (nair), I'd like to see where he goes with it. As for Lucas, I expect he's be about as strong as Ness is in the meta game, since he'll most likely get buffs as well, and again, Smash 4 engine helping out Lucas a ton with his mult-hit moves.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I think the biggest culprit that needs to be fixed is dair, I seriously can't believe they effed up the move so badly. Either make the spike hitbox bigger, or give it back the strength of Brawl dair (not startup), which killed around 70% I believe.
But the spike hitbox is his whole sword. Also, I think it only killed at 70% when hit at the starting sweetspot, which the spike hitbox, though i wouldn't mind if Link's sour hit box good a knock back upgrade. It would really help the move

Only that there weren't 3 Foxes. Wolf wasn't a clone by any stretch of imagination. It was based on Fox ad a template, but it wasn't a clone. It was simply too different from Fox. Even Gay is more of a clone than Wolf. Heck, even Lucas was more of a clone than Wolf.
Yeah, I know. I was just trying to make a point. and if Young Link is to return,I hope a similar thing happens. he is base on Link as a template but is in no way a clone or, at least, a luigified clone (semi clone)

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
But the spike hitbox is his whole sword. Also, I think it only killed at 70% when hit at the starting sweetspot, which the spike hitbox, though i wouldn't mind if Link's sour hit box good a knock back upgrade. It would really help the move
Then why is it that when I sometimes hit someone with dair, even with the lower end of the blade via edgeguarding, that it doesn't spike like it should?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Then why is it that when I sometimes hit someone with dair, even with the lower end of the blade via edgeguarding, that it doesn't spike like it should?
Dair spikes on the first 3 frames of attack; what part of the blade hits has nothing to do with it:
http://pastebin.com/PzTjdtx8
Dair
Frame 14-17: 15% 30b/80g (KO@ 206%) 270° Pierce
Frame 18-20: 18% 30b/80g (KO@ 137%) 65° Pierce
Frame 21-64: 15% 30b/80g (KO@ 137%) 65° Pierce
Max Damage: 18%
Enables transition to Dair landing state (landing lag) on real frame 10
Cancels transition to Dair landing state (landing lag) on real frame 65

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Are you hitting them in the very first couple of hurtbox frames on the move? Because that is when the spike is. Basically, to get a confirm spike hit, you need to be right on the opponent just as you are starting the move other wise no spike for you.
Dair spikes on the first 3 frames of attack; what part of the blade hits has nothing to do with it:
http://pastebin.com/PzTjdtx8
Dair
Frame 14-17: 15% 30b/80g (KO@ 206%) 270° Pierce
Frame 18-20: 18% 30b/80g (KO@ 137%) 65° Pierce
Frame 21-64: 15% 30b/80g (KO@ 137%) 65° Pierce
Max Damage: 18%
Enables transition to Dair landing state (landing lag) on real frame 10
Cancels transition to Dair landing state (landing lag) on real frame 65
This pretty much sums it up.

Top Bottom