• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
i quite liked that aspect of twilight princess though - a little dark and ambiguous.

a remake is almost always made for one of 2 reasons; either the popularity for ther game is overwhelming and a re-make would yield excellent sales, or the game was only playable on a "dead" console such as the n64 or the gamecube.
since TP is available on the wii (therefore the wii u), it isn't inaccessible or missed enough by fans to warrant a remake for the next 3-5 years at least.

i always like zelda game titles - they seem to always get it spot on and they always sound so good.
as for the next zelda game, i don't doubt it will be awesome, skyward sword was exceptional for a wii game and definitely did justice to the 25th anniversary.
As much as I love all the console Zelda titles I've played so far, I'm kind of hoping to see another LoZ game similarly to Twilight Princess in graphics and mood. The characters also seemed older, and more mature. I know the series is a huge target for kids and young teens, but there are a lot of us that were growing up with LoZ, back when OoT was a huge deal. But this is my point. We've grown up. Many of us can surely appreciate another darker, 'T' rated Zelda game, can't we?

I will say though that SS and WW made me all the more open about 'cartoony' LoZ games. Zelda U looks like it has a mix of that cartoony feel, but with a realistic setting (I know it was only shown to see what their engine can do, but still). I'm excited for this game, no matter what they decide to do with the graphics.
^ Roughly ordered:
MM
TP
ALttP
OoT
LoZ (NES)
LAwakening
OoSeasons
SS
OoAges
Four Swords Adventures
Zelda2
Crossbow Training

Hi Mocha :)
I wanted to see more of the new Wii U Zelda too. Nintendo is taking their sweet time about it.
A Link to the Past might get a remake, not that it needs one but there's profit to be made.

I'm not excited about any remakes tbh.
Heyaaa, sup? (:

There's a lot of LoZ handhelds I haven't played, so my opinion of my favorite LoZ titles are a bit biased, since they are geared toward the console versions (except MM which I haven't played yet). The thing is, I don't really have an order of favorite LoZ games because I like different things from each game. May it be plot, music, characters, etc... to put all of the 'best' into one has yet to happen for me. The series overall is just so awesome, that it has its awesomeness scattered throughout each game.

Mocha...get on to playing MM, it's more important even than OoT (which you've played already anyways).
Also about the graphics, the idea was to have it look like the 64 version but smoother, to honor it kinda.
I might, haha. We'll see. I doubt I'll be playing OoT anytime soon though, I can tell you that. Going to be occupied with enough games as it is.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
or the game was only playable on a "dead" console such as the n64 or the gamecube.
Dude, the 64 wasn't a dead console. It's considered one of the best consoles due to the games it had and how it changed the whole market for everyone. While it didn't match the PSone in sales you have to consider that those figures are for world wide sales, and the 64 wasn't as popular as the PSone only in japan and non US/European markets due to the lack of pirated titles.

rd1023

Smash Cadet
Did any of you play melee Link? How does Smash 4 link feel in comparison? I mained link for most of melee but I eventually switched to Marth.

D

Deleted member

Since we're discussing our favorite Zelda games, I'll give you fellows my top five in no particular order. Also, keep in mind that I haven't played the Oracle series, Four Swords Adventures, Spirit Tracks, or A Link Between Worlds yet.
  • A Link to the Past
  • Ocarina of Time
  • Majora's Mask
  • The Wind Waker
  • Twilight Princess

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Since we're discussing our favorite Zelda games, I'll give you fellows my top five in no particular order. Also, keep in mind that I haven't played the Oracle series, Four Swords Adventures, Spirit Tracks, or A Link Between Worlds yet.
  • A Link to the Past
King, I like you just for having AlttP in there and number one (I know what you said, but still).

Also, holy crap, I forgot about AlbW. Le me revise my top 5.

1. AlttP / SS
2. AlbW
3. MM
4. LoZ
5. OoT

Last edited:

Drunken_Master

Smash Apprentice
Gaiz, come on. Basic rule 14 - stop feeding the trolls. So long as you keep responding to CoH he'll continue posting. Starve him of oxygen and eventually the fire will go out.
This is not how Link mains do.

We have a better solution. We cram him so full of food he ruptures and refuses to ever come back.
That's cute.

You must have not hung around any Toon Links before.

Have you managed to close down a very important thread in a matter of minutes because you trolled so hard? (Top Five Thread ring a bell?)

;p

Edit: Majora Mask 3D hype!
I find this display adorable.

Have you ever trolled so hard that the admins permabanned you twice just to be sure? As if your account was an undead monstrosity capable of wreaking havoc from beyond?

Anyway, we need to adjust our language to properly address the sheer scope of failure and AIDS that CoH's posts contain. I don't believe standard English has the capacity to express my disappointment. So let's ask the internet!

http://www.quora.com/What-is-worse-than-cancer

I propose we refer to his shenanigans as "Chronic, bleeding hemorrhoids", all in favour, like this post, all who disagree, too bad.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I propose we refer to his shenanigans as "Chronic, bleeding hemorrhoids", all in favour, like this post, all who disagree, too bad.
You know, it's almost like life and fate meant it that way. I mean, they even have almost the exact same acronym.

So henceforth, CoH shall stand for Chronic bleeding hemorrhoids. I know that the "o" is missing there, but that's just the helpful illustration in his name of what his **** looks like.

Drunken_Master

Smash Apprentice
On the topic of Zelda game Tier Lists mine is probably:

OoT
MM/SS
aLttP/WW
OoA/OoS/LA/ALBW
LoZ/MC
LoZ2/PH/FSA
ST
TP

Edit:

CoH is now CbH, The Grand Council of Exalted Sages has spoken.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
You know, the name CoH creates a sense of irony. He hasn't really turned over a new leaf, but his tactics have changed. (To our annoyance)
It's deep on so many levels... Actually not really.

Anyways, my list of favs is here:
1. OoT/ALTTP
2. MM
3. TP
4. WW
5. Minish Cap
6. FS/FSA

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
1. Zelda: Wand of Gamelon OoT (Nostalgia)
2. LttP
3. ALBW
4. Link's Awakening
5. Link: The Faces of Evil TP

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
No need this has gone far enough, this is my last post here. The trolling thing is really child like. You'd think they would come up with a better excuse. I really do not care, go ahead and kick me out from this thread, I do not care. I regret nothing I've typed, my only bane to all this was dare enter my appearance to royalty. Imo sure. I'm done.

So, just to clarify something, since you think I'm trolling *laughs* but it seems I've actually fulfilled your wish to kick me out and I do not care not a single ounce of regretment if you do. I'll even make it better, I'm a waste of space so go ahead and erase this spam that's here to only cause 'annoyance'. And if you're still having thoughts that I'm still 'trolling'. Then that's below dirt pathetic; your thinking is beyond pathetic and I pity you all (except Zane he's the decent one from all).

I'd write more to clear things out more but frankly I'm 'trolling' and it's a waste of my time to continue this dysfunctional conversation.
I granted my rights here to be striped from access. So, I'm not 'trolling'. Carry on with whatever you all do here. Thanks.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
You know, ALBW is a great game. I love it. Nintendo did things right with ATLLP-ALBW that they never did with Yoshi's Island SNES- New Island 3DS. In other words, it's the better semi-remake. I won't put it on my favs yet (same with SS) because for me, it takes 4 years for the nostalgia to set in. :starman:

.....................Do you guys think CoH will be missed? Or nah? :troll:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Nope.

I have got to stop looking at youtube comments before they give me HIV.

Good lists everyone :) All this activity is great.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Who the hell is CoH?

Also, AlbW was an instant win the moment it was AlltP 2.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Who the hell is CoH?

Also, AlbW was an instant win the moment it was AlltP 2.
And Yoshi's New Island was not? Don't get me wrong, I loved playing Yoshi's Island and ALTTP, and I'm sure many did, too. I just don't understand why people didn't like it. I've only played the demo in store, and I've noticed it feels... different. I just don't know why. Is it the art style?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I haven't played it yet, so I can't comment on it. As soon as I do, I'll say.

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
Dude, the 64 wasn't a dead console. It's considered one of the best consoles due to the games it had and how it changed the whole market for everyone. While it didn't match the PSone in sales you have to consider that those figures are for world wide sales, and the 64 wasn't as popular as the PSone only in japan and non US/European markets due to the lack of pirated titles.
i think you severely misunderstood what i meant.
when i said "dead" console, i meant in the sense that it isn't nintendo's main, most popular console that is readily available right now.
i.e: it would be much harder to find and play the original n64 majora's mask game than it would be to find and play skyward sword.
so my point about the remakes was to say that twilight princess can be played on a console that is still easily available so a remake in the next few years is highly unlikely

apologies, i should've worded it better - the n64 was the console i grew up with; nintendo was my gaming world as a child and the zelda franchise was the abolute pinnacle of this; i would never slate a console so advanced and excellent for it's time.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Ah...yeah, I did totally not understand it that way.

And I think that in part yes, though they have released MM for the VC. I think that it has to do more with the huge following MM has developed and the furefire sales they'll have.

Guys, I think my Steam account got erased from existence somehow.....
What makes you think that?

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
What makes you think that?
It was a couple of updates ago, I want to say mid October, when I noticed this problem.

It's a wierd situation where when I'm at my relative's house (who has no internet) during the work week, I'm able to log into steam, but obviously have to log into offline mode. Fair enough, no problems. However, when I go home on my days off (where there is internet), when I attempt to log in, steam says my information is wrong.

In the beginning after that update, my login information had been erased - I had forgotten my password so I went to change it. I go to try and log in again using the new password, steam still says my account information is wrong or doesn't exist. I wound up changing my password three times until I realized it wasn't the password that was the problem. I'm at the point where even if I wanted to change my password, steam comes up with an error and it's no longer able to send me an email for a pw change request.

Finally I send in a ticket to Steam Support and the language of the email response leads me to beleive that my account no longer exists. They did request I send in more specific data to prove I own the acclaimed account - like a reciept of purchase, but other than that, I just feel like based on what's been explained above, that somehow my account has been erased. This has drawn out since the end of October, and my patience is wearing thin. I don't understand how I was able to log into their website to submitthe ticket, but not log into my steam app using the very same info. It's all confusing. I'm still waiting on their next response since I sent them and old reciept I had from 2010 when I purchased TF2.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Did any of you play melee Link? How does Smash 4 link feel in comparison? I mained link for most of melee but I eventually switched to Marth.
Aw yeah. Nice to see a fellow meleer in here:) I played link in melee as well, but i've also played him in project m. He doesn't feel as heavy or slow as in melee. He also doesn't feel as ridiculously op as in project m. He's pretty balanced. He's versatile. You can play him the way you want. That's how he feels in this game.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Favourite Zelda Games?
1. Majoras Mask
2. A Link Between Worlds
3. Windwaker
4. Ocarina of Time
5. ... oracle games. Sorry, but I really liked them far too much...

But know this! I have played and owned EVERY single Zelda game, except A Link to the past, because of my brother.
And I won't play it, until certain conditions are met... so yeah. Consider this.

CDI games are abominations, not games. Sorry!

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Favourite Zelda Games?
1. Majoras Mask
2. A Link Between Worlds
3. Windwaker
4. Ocarina of Time
5. ... oracle games. Sorry, but I really liked them far too much...

But know this! I have played and owned EVERY single Zelda game, except A Link to the past, because of my brother.
And I won't play it, until certain conditions are met... so yeah. Consider this.

CDI games are abominations, not games. Sorry!
I have done so, too! All 16 installments (and counting), though i don't own all of them anymore. :(

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
And I won't play it, until certain conditions are met... so yeah.
There is no condition which would warrant you not playing that game. Go do it. Now. Like, seriously, that game IS Zelda.

Also, ont eh steam account. that's odd, could it be something of their security logins which records the pc from which you log in?

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
wow guys, i just beat a little mac as link (for glory) in 22 seconds.
fully serious here, i had 0% damage...
little mac players are funny.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Gosh darn it, I get home from work and you guys have two pages full. :psycho: Anyway, these are my top five Zelda's in no particular order because it's too hard to choose.

Phantom Hourglass (My first Zelda game, talk about being late to the party)
Minish Cap (Love this one because the entire overworld felt like a giant temple)
Ocarina of Time (A timeless classic, I could play it 100 times over and still love it)
Skyward Sword (whoever says Zelda games are repetitive and boring needs to play this)
A Link Between Worlds (There were so many things done right with this game I don't know where to begin)

The only games I've yet to play are Zelda II, Link's Awakening, and the Oracles so my top five is subject to change.

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
Gosh darn it, I get home from work and you guys have two pages full. :psycho: Anyway, these are my top five Zelda's in no particular order because it's too hard to choose.

Phantom Hourglass (My first Zelda game, talk about being late to the party)
Minish Cap (Love this one because the entire overworld felt like a giant temple)
Ocarina of Time (A timeless classic, I could play it 100 times over and still love it)
Skyward Sword (whoever says Zelda games are repetitive and boring needs to play this)
A Link Between Worlds (There were so many things done right with this game I don't know where to begin)

The only games I've yet to play are Zelda II, Link's Awakening, and the Oracles so my top five is subject to change.
kinda surprised majora's mask isn't on there, although it is refreshing to see a different list :)

yay, somebody else who likes phantom hourglass -i thought the temple of the ocean king was bloody amazing; best part of the entire game.
didn't really like the minish cap but obviously everybody gets their opinion :p
ocarina of time really needs no more support - i'm still amazed they could make a game so excellent at the time they did with the technology they had.
skyward sword was bloody amazing; a long (but not tedious) storyline and had one of the best songs from the entire zelda franchise.

speaking of music, which is everybody's favourite piece?
i'm tied between ballad of the goddes and song of healing

sorry, i think i'm clogging up the thread with favourite lists here... :/

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
yay, somebody else who likes phantom hourglass -i thought the temple of the ocean king was bloody amazing; best part of the entire game.
PH will always have a special place in my heart. And I couldn't agree more about the temple of the ocean king. I've heard so many people complain about how it was repetitive, but I found it fun coming back to it and seeing how quickly i could complete the floors I'd already done. And I always loved how the further down you went the more ominous and foreboding it felt. :eek:

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
PH will always have a special place in my heart. And I couldn't agree more about the temple of the ocean king. I've heard so many people complain about how it was repetitive, but I found it fun coming back to it and seeing how quickly i could complete the floors I'd already done. And I always loved how the further down you went the more ominous and foreboding it felt. :eek:
definitely, not to mention how with an upgraded arsenal and sword you could always find shortcuts and get further before your time ran out.
i liked how for most of the game you had to sneak past the phantoms but when you got the fully upgraded sword you could kill them and reach the bottom.
by far the best "temple" in the zelda game series imo :p

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
MM is my personal favorite in the series due to it's atmosphere, and how the gameplay structure lent itself to a moderate degree of non-linearity, but my favorite design (barring non-canon Hyrule Warriors) is Oracle Link as a nice balance of Link's youthful vigor.

If I were to put up a top 5, y'all might think my priorities are a little esque... but:
1: Majora's Mask
2: Link's Adventure
3: Ocarina of Time
4: Legend of Zelda
5: Twilight Princess

It should go without saying however that I dearly enjoy every game in the series, these are just my tops. Also, the design for Link in my current avatar would be the most amazing Link design ever IMO.
I thought I was the only one who enjoyed Link's Adventure!

1. TP
2. Link's Awakening
3. Link's Adventure
4. OoT
5. MM

For musical pieces:
OoT Opening Music (adapted/arranged from the magic flute tune from LoZ and Mario Bros 3)
Midna's Lament
Song of Healing

Last edited:

rd1023

Smash Cadet
Aw yeah. Nice to see a fellow meleer in here:) I played link in melee as well, but i've also played him in project m. He doesn't feel as heavy or slow as in melee. He also doesn't feel as ridiculously op as in project m. He's pretty balanced. He's versatile. You can play him the way you want. That's how he feels in this game.
Appreciate it, I found myself always having more fun with link in melee, even though I loved playing Marth also. Its great to see that Link might actually be viable again, he's been ignored for way too long.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Also, ont eh steam account. that's odd, could it be something of their security logins which records the pc from which you log in?
That's just it. Idk. I've logged in from multiple locations many times before no problem on this computer (laptop). I'm hoping this can be resolved soon because this is just plain nonsense.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Favorite song from Legend of Zelda? Astral Observatory from Majora's Mask
It was a piece that brought me out of a long period of darkness in my life much like the first time I heard it.
In MM you gain access to the bomber hideout after enduring a nightmarish slew of events that have drastically altered your body. After a trek through some really dingey sewer-like rooms, you reach a ladder and climb it, and the music changes from ambient noises to a lovely melody. In a way it mirrors the way I felt as a kid enduring the fear of losing my father to health problem after health problem. I spent many long and dark nights at home playing the game wondering if my Dad was going to live to see the next day, and that song come up and sorta struck a chord with me. It's a beautiful song IMO.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Link's Adventure? You mean Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link?
Yeah, just quicker to type "Link's Adventure." Not technically correct but still recognized.

@ Zane the pure Zane the pure Heavy stuff, man. I can't imagine what it must be like to go through something like that; but through the experiencing of music (and some gameplay) I can at least get a glimpse of what this might mean to you by replaying this part of the music with your story in mind. This is the amazing power of music.

Rizen

Smash Legend
In MM you gain access to the bomber hideout after enduring a nightmarish slew of events that have drastically altered your body. After a trek through some really dingey sewer-like rooms, you reach a ladder and climb it, and the music changes from ambient noises to a lovely melody.
^Sounds like going through puberty.

Seriously though, that's sad about your father. I played video games when I had really hard times too. And listened to songs like Find the River.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu3cXGXyBpE

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Yeah thanks guys, My pops is a tough cookie though and still kicking strong. The song always reminded me of a longing feeling for the days of old, so full of wonder and possibility, then the tone shifts towards a twinge of lonely regret until finally it rests at a peaceful relief and loops back around. So the cycle of the music, so my father's condition, but it all ended on a positive note, and nowadays the song reminds me of all the people I long to be around 24/7

Other than my gushing about that, I'm really partial to WW fairy's fountain, ALBW Lorule theme, and OoT Ganon's castle (interior) as my favorite music from the series.

And Molgera's theme is the hypest buildup song of the series.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Good to hear, man.

If I could pick ALL the Ocarina tunes from OoT and MM then I would. It's just astounding that one could create (at least the beginning to) two dozen completely separate and contrasting pieces from just 5 notes. Inspiring for a composer such as myself.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I can't really choose one LoZ song I like, but more like versions. I mean, I do love Zelda's Lullaby quite a lot actually.

I a lot love this version of the song of storms/song of time

And I love just about everything from this video.

But yeah, my fav of all time would be Zelda's Lullaby and the LoZ theme, you know, the overworld theme from LoZ and AlltP.

I mean...they make me tear up every time. Manly tears for sure, but tears nonetheless.

Last edited:
Top Bottom