• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
Daigo Umehara... That's all I say to people who get mad at projectile zoning. Try calling him a scrub lolz.
Next Character out of the ones you mentioned I'd recommend :4bowser: if you want wins as he's probably the best of the 4. Fast, Strong, tricky, and heavy, all the neccesary traits for a lightning bruiser of epic proportions.

I remember back in brawl when 80% of the Link mains (myself included) secondary'd :4marth:.

Anyone else feel like maybe discussing good doubles partners in the future? Doubles seems kinda broke until certain strats get adjusted, but I feel that Link is a strong doubles character under fair circumstances.
i'm leaning more towards :4bowser: than the others - he's an absolute beast.
he KOs you so easily and he's bloody difficult to kill himself.
plus he isn't even THAT slow.
:4ganondorf: is very, very strong with his attacks but he's just a little too slow imo.
:4metaknight: can be excellent if played well but i seem to have trouble getting an effective KO with him and i soon become predictable :/
:4zelda: is the only one who doesn't have a big drawback for me - she isn't slow but i can feel that she would take a LOY of practice.

thanks for the advice, i think i'll train with :4bowser: as my next regular and then move on to :4zelda: once i feel comfortable.

regarding :4marth: i've never really worked well with fire emblem characters; not sure why because they can be great and can absolutely DESTROY me sometimes...

i play a fair amount of 2 v 2 and link is by far my best character.
on 1 v 1 he might get predictable but on 2 v 2 there isn't enough focus on him so you can land a nice amount of dash or smash attacks.

I never played Marth as even a tertiary character. All Link, All Day, because It's Freakin' Link.

Also, welcome, Lucio. Link mains are all right guys, don't let what the other character boards say make you believe otherwise. I mean, yes, we are trolls and it is ENTIRELY possible Brawl finally made us snap, so our advice and actions may not always make sense, or even come across as approaching anything even remotely close to what can objectively be called 'sane'... BUT, we Do Work™.

So put your faith in the bombs and throw bull**** at your enemies until they SD out of frustration.

[I'm also kind of warning you ahead of time to not take us too seriously]
haha thanks man - you seem to be very link-invested :D
i'm glad link has finally been upgraded because after playing for most of my life with a character i love but who just wasn't strong enough, i was getting a little fed up.

regarding SDing enemies, i had a guy who killed himself after i took his first stock yesterday.
i was on 73% and i was actually pretty nervous he'd claw back and beat me (he was pretty damn good)
i was just surprised that he just gave up; i wasn't at all confident of victory, yet he gifted it to me without a real fight.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
would this be the right thread to discuss link as a main, along with tactics/strategies and advice?
link has been my main ever since smash 64 so i have a great deal of experience with him.
however i'm VERY new to these types of forums so i don't reaally know what i'm doing regarding the best place to be.
tbh i'm astounded i managed to navigate myself even here!
Welcome! And hopefully you stick around. It's always nice to see new faces on the Link boards. :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hey guys, I'm getting hate youtube comments from Change of Heart's alternate you tube accounts (65gunshot) now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HKHAe7Mvd0
That link was unlisted btw so he got it from here. Remember wifi, especially wifi CoH said was super laggy earlier is serious business :rolleyes:. Guys I'm super-duper cereal

Edit, wow photo bucket's screwing up atm so no screen cap.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I'm still waiting for him to show me his revolutionary Link that destroyed all notions of tier in Brawl. Insterestingly enough...he left without showing vids...oh well.

Anyways, let's see that vid and see what was all the fuss about.

Finally, about doubles, I have no idea since I haven't even tried playing doubles yet, but I do think that Link is so all around that he can work well with any char.

Ok, having finished the video...lol. While I'll admit that his Link is not bad, tech wise, it's just a regular run of the mill Link meta game. I see nothing revolutionary or anything, but he seemed to be on a decent competitive level. So yeah, he was just playing vs scrubs all along. Also, that reply is...beyond words. So sad, so sad.

And if CoH is still reading this, I'm still waiting for your eye opening vids...bruh.

Rizen

Smash Legend
BTW can meteor bombs be thrown then arrow or jab into a lock, like a boomerang to lock setup was in Brawl?

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Hey guys, I'm getting hate youtube comments from Change of Heart's alternate you tube accounts (65gunshot) now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HKHAe7Mvd0
Dang. Tbh, that guy would've been me 3 years ago. :p
I have played Brawl before, but I'm never playing it competitively again. Just gonna turn all explosive items and Final Smash on and leave it at that.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
BTW can meteor bombs be thrown then arrow or jab into a lock, like a boomerang to lock setup was in Brawl?
I don't think so since meteor bombs, if you're standing when they hit you, they don't throw you to the ground, you're just left standing, like stunned. I think that it has the same effect as a jab regarding knockback and hitstun, only with a slightly longer hitstun. After hitting someone with it you can follow up with any attack if you're fast enough (though I haven't tried upB) EXCEPT another bomb. So, I can't see how it'd lead into a lock. Not saying that it can't be done, just that I haven't tested it enough.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Ok so, what do you mean when you say Vectoring?
You hold the Control Stick in the opposite direction you're launched to affect your trajectory. Kind of like DI. If I didn't do that, the Flare Blitz would've killed me.
I need to make this a gif now. It's too good. :chuckle:

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Ok, so DI basically. Why are we calling it Vectoring? I've been doing that, always do since DI and SDI as so ingrained in my muscle memory that I still do tham out of habit.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ok, so DI basically. Why are we calling it Vectoring? I've been doing that, always do since DI and SDI as so ingrained in my muscle memory that I still do tham out of habit.
It's not the same as DI in SSB4. In Brawl to DI we curved momentum, usually to a corner. In SSB4 holding opposite to momentum makes it less and holding the same direction makes it more. The best way to stop a 90 degree strait up launch is to hold strait down in SSB4 (as opposed to left or right and down in Brawl).
http://smashboards.com/threads/new-survival-mechanic-in-smash-4-vectoring.369324/

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I see. Well, I still did that, kind of in Brawl, I think. And yeah, I do that even though I had no idea it was called vectoring.

Another thing I noticed is that when you're trapped in a multihit, if you press away from the attacker and jump repeatedly, or shield, you move away slowly. I don't know if the jump or shield help or not, but I know that I've escaped from multihits this way.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
That's not me man, and I showed him the videos, Rizen, play some of people I hang with (and I bet you money you will get trashed).

Of course, you think a single match will change much, that's fine, and this is your last warning before I upload the other two of me beating you (which is nothing to brag about and they're non entertainment).

And for the record you're a loser for ACTUALLY saving a garbage match, heck, I wouldn't care if you beat me (but you actually want to upload a match that contains more than enough lag to annoy me and make me go for Wi-Fi kills (then you're truly pathetic and it shows by the description) don't lie Rizen, you KNOW I've repeated the favor and more than ONCE.

Please continue to be envious because you have no real support accept the Link boards which is obviously why. You are a nobody with Link man (and I'm not being mean I'm writing truth).

I've checked every blog that contains best players they've brawled, and I keep seeing the same pattern.

Lnaid, Rooaster, and some other Links (which isn't you).

I'll be glad to provide to you screenshots if you don't believe me. You ignore me because I annoy you, and yet you want some contact due to you ACTUALLY saving an UN-PLAYABLE match and uploading it.

You can ask anyone and they will type to you I don't play with certain people due to lag. You want names? Here's a few, Blazer, Lnaid, you, Zatchiel and so on.

See, you're those people that aren't typing up the truth, if you truly wanted NO CONTACT then you wouldn't upload an unplayable match with me but you're hurt and it's obvious.

But you choose to not ignore me completely due to you having actual footage on your channel. Also, tbh, I don't want to upload anything that has to do with you (one you annoy me as well and two the matches weren't entertaining no bit).

See, I don't listen to people one bit, I follow my own ways to things and frankly I'm a pretty successful person in real life (but when it comes to games in general I will admit I'm a child and therefore I start defending Link like he's my idol which he's not).

So, here's what I propose with you man, you remove that video (because it's obviously a video to get me upset and it did but not because of you winning me nope because I looked average and GARBAGE in my play), then we never mention each other ever again. And I apologize for his blatant actions, but he knows you Rizen and you know him.

Also, you may want to think before judging it's me because it's not, he's just a close person that defends me when the time comes.

So, if you're a real man and you want this to end, you will first ignore the first few paragraphs and agree. Then we both head our own ways.

And don't worry man, I'll upload stuff or let a close person upload them for me. I apologize for the wait it seems, bombarded with mid-terms, classes and work in-general.

Lastly, I'm positive you are all hurt because I didn't agree with any of your choices towards best Link and that, no I don't, you all need to learn to accept criticism from others and respect their wish (it's not me but ANYONE and I'm sure you do it a lot of the times. Please break that habit and accept different opinions. Now, did I however type they're bad? No, I did however mention myself (and of course I wasn't thinking one bit therefore I apologize for using myself). Either-way, there will be change to Link and I have a few projects that many of you will enjoy (whenever you have a problem with me (dislike video) or just enjoy good Link videos wrecking MKs, Falcos, Ices, and so on (I choose the worst match-ups to show attention there ha ha).

Alright, I've typed enough, so you choose Rizen, I've already done my part, now it's your choice to decide now (but I'm begging for you to end this because the videos are boring and contain a stale lag-feast camping projectiles. PM if you'd like (because you typed before you don't want to spam the thread). I however am not, I'm only wanting this to end and therefore not think what goes on in here. Because I knew you would type something about that comment (I skype with him all the time, and he was upset because he respects an actual Link main) for the record, he's brawled numerous Link main including all top Wi-Fi Links and offline Links (no names no details) ans he picks me as best Link (but do I care, no I don't, I only want to provide some sort of change whether it's a little or a lot I don't care I only want to play games without anything involved).

You all can continue to be like that but keep me out of it, again, I've typed what needed to be typed. I wait for your answer, Rizen. Hopefully, you pass my test from me typing you're a nobody and if you did good for you because no Links are bad they're only different through styles and game-plays.

Again, I've written what needed to be written, this doesn't mean I'll come back one bit, I only want this to end before it gets worse.

Now, good luck all, represent Link the right way through Smash4 and raise swords and *place it back inside the sword cover.

Thanks for reading have a nice day to ALL of YOU. Thanks.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
..... Is that what and who I think it is?
I don't know what to make of it, but I hope this "personal" issue gets solved quick. I really don't like seeing these kinds of posts, especially if it's directed at a certain person. Makes me very, VERY protective (brings out the "Good Guy" in me)
Hate and trying to compromise? The tone is very harsh and unpleasant. Now I'm uncomfortable. Edit the post or remove it, please.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
What exactly is unpleasant? I tested him to see how he would act, and this is what I'm feeling and how I type to everyone. I didn't think anything was funny, FSK, but I'm sure you'll be a problem towards me in the future (I'll be ready when that times comes). So, you like his comment, therefore, you want this to continue then huh, Rizen?

Very well, it shall and I will upload or let someone else upload them for me. They're really boring and the reason why I saved them was to study how I truly play in a un-playable connection (and learn to adapt to connections like that).

Don't think this is great on my end either, it's making me look like a jerk and I need to pray that I have as well better self-control.

Not sure what more to type, but I'll try this again.

I'm sorry Rizen I hope this can be over with because if it continues it wont end well and I hope this can be arranged quite nicely. :)

Edit:

Alright, I do not want to be be mean to type harshly, but I really do not want to respond back to others, I just want an answer and I go away (that's it) I'm certain that's what you want, so please, just give me an answer and you wont see me here anyone (I don't promise I swear it on my family). I hate swearing but this is the only way that will convince you that I'm dead serious. Thanks.

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Gaiz, come on. Basic rule 14 - stop feeding the trolls. So long as you keep responding to CoH he'll continue posting. Starve him of oxygen and eventually the fire will go out.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
*Sighs hard*

At times like this, I wish I wasn't right but I'm afraid I am. Troll? Yes you went too far, we'll see who the 'troll' is and don't worry, you wont need to 'starve me from my oxygen'. I'm done.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
*Sighs hard*

At times like this, I wish I wasn't right but I'm afraid I am. Troll? Yes you went too far, we'll see who the 'troll' is and don't worry, you wont need to 'starve me from my oxygen'. I'm done.
If you're not a Troll, then you're not a true Link main.

Also, I'm still waiting for your vids. See, the problem with you at the moment is that you're all talk and no show. You want people to accept what you say, that the most renowned Link mains of Brawl are average and that you are better but don't back up that claim with anything but unicorns and rainbows. You want to be taken seriously? Then back up your bragging (because it doesn't matter how you try to disguise it, you were bragging) with evidence. So far you've simply popped up, dissed people, claim to be superior...and left it at that. It's more than obvious that people won't believe you nor take you seriously because the people you diss earned respect, while you haven't )at a larger scale, nobody cares about a handful of sparring buddies).

Now, my question is: If you are so good, and these people you say are so good, and tiers were all a lie, then why didn't you enter a tourney back int he day and bring respect to Link? You claim to defend him as if he is your idol (which he isn't), yet you didn't "defend" him in brawl when everyone called him trash? Why didn't you show up and wreck all tiers, like Salem did when he won Apex with ZSS, something deemed impossible before he did it.

Finally, you saying that you have replays of Link wrecking MKs, Falcos, ICs and stuff means jack **** unless you show us those vids and we see that these players you played with are actually good. I also have vids of me 3 stocking every char in the Brawl roster but that doesn't mean anything because the players I was playing against weren't that good.

Finally, for the hundredth time (as you also like to over repeat yourself) shut up and show some vids or GTFO.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Hooray!
Now i'm cracking up. lmfao. The internet is a great place to learn stuff, don't you think? :p

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
If you're not a Troll, then you're not a true Link main.

Also, I'm still waiting for your vids. See, the problem with you at the moment is that you're all talk and no show. You want people to accept what you say, that the most renowned Link mains of Brawl are average and that you are better but don't back up that claim with anything but unicorns and rainbows. You want to be taken seriously? Then back up your bragging (because it doesn't matter how you try to disguise it, you were bragging) with evidence. So far you've simply popped up, dissed people, claim to be superior...and left it at that. It's more than obvious that people won't believe you nor take you seriously because the people you diss earned respect, while you haven't )at a larger scale, nobody cares about a handful of sparring buddies).

Now, my question is: If you are so good, and these people you say are so good, and tiers were all a lie, then why didn't you enter a tourney back int he day and bring respect to Link? You claim to defend him as if he is your idol (which he isn't), yet you didn't "defend" him in brawl when everyone called him trash? Why didn't you show up and wreck all tiers, like Salem did when he won Apex with ZSS, something deemed impossible before he did it.

Finally, you saying that you have replays of Link wrecking MKs, Falcos, ICs and stuff means jack **** unless you show us those vids and we see that these players you played with are actually good. I also have vids of me 3 stocking every char in the Brawl roster but that doesn't mean anything because the players I was playing against weren't that good.

Finally, for the hundredth time (as you also like to over repeat yourself) shut up and show some vids or GTFO.
Alright you got me, I'll shut up, I'll show vids soon and that's that. Not mentioning the past it's not worth it to defend that. Well, Salem kind of went because Nick said stuff and long story short he's won Apex.

Look, let me start over, okay?

When I mentioned myself, it's because I believed people now know about me through talk, but nope not yet.

I did beat a really good ZSS named 'Kamo' but (true story) my hacks wouldn't function properly once I installed the Wiimfii servers (after countless tries I fixed it but after I fought him and such). Though I'll find him again and hopefully our set will be epic like the last one. Believe me, I'm very upset that a lot of stuff is lost due to my opponents not caring and uploading stuff (they have YT channels) and me for being ******** and not figuring out how to fix my hacks once I installed the Wiimfii patch-er.

This is better, I'd take criticism than 'troll' any day of the week. Thanks for that, now my last thing is wait for Rizen because I haven't received an answer yet.

@ Bomber7 Bomber7 Yes I do, Bomb-play is my strong suits (videos soon I promise). Thanks all.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Majora's Mask 3D hype! Can't wait to play. I knew Fierce Deity Link was an alt in Sm4sh for a reason. Speaking of, he'll definitely look amazing in the Wii U version. The only reason he looks meh on the 3DS version is because of hardware limitations and the fact that he's just a recolor, with Link's 3DS version model not being very impressive in the first place. Getting the FD mask in MM3D will be a blast as well. I wonder how much more awesome he'll look with the enhanced graphics. :)

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I'm really interested in what glitches will still exist in MM3D from the 64 and what new ones we will discover. The game looks stunning on the 3DS and the graphics really scream out SCARY! FREAKY! GORGEOUS! (Dat Moon Doe) I'm a speedrunner, so I have played the game before countless times, collected all the masks, collected all the items you can get (except heart pieces), and have beaten it in about 2 hours more or less.
Glitches I'm hoping will return:
Ground Jump
Recoil Flip
Mega Flip
Fierce Deity anywhere
Gainer*
Damage Boosted Jump (Long Jump)*
ISG (infinite sword glitch)
and finally, the 4th Day Glitch*
*100% positive that they'll return

Once I get the game, First thing's first: beat all the temples, collect all the masks, get FD, and beat the game. Then go on a glitchfest. :)

Edit: in honor of the Nintendo Direct, I suggest renaming the thread "MAJORA'S MASK HYPE! - Link Social Thread"

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I'm really interested in what glitches will still exist in MM3D from the 64 and what new ones we will discover. The game looks stunning on the 3DS and the graphics really scream out SCARY! FREAKY! GORGEOUS! (Dat Moon Doe) I'm a speedrunner, so I have played the game before countless times, collected all the masks, collected all the items you can get (except heart pieces), and have beaten it in about 2 hours more or less.
Glitches I'm hoping will return:
Ground Jump
Recoil Flip
Mega Flip
Fierce Deity anywhere
Gainer*
Damage Boosted Jump (Long Jump)*
ISG (infinite sword glitch)
and finally, the 4th Day Glitch*
*100% positive that they'll return

Once I get the game, First thing's first: beat all the temples, collect all the masks, get FD, and beat the game. Then go on a glitchfest. :)
I probably won't try to 100% it until I get MM3D. The original is a classic, sure (I completed the game twice), but it doesn't run too well in virtual console and I can't stand the outdated visuals quite frankly. One of my top favorite Zelda games nonetheless. I love the dark atmosphere of the game and I hope the Zelda franchise can do something even darker someday. As for glitches, I actually haven't tried out any for some reason. I've always neglected doing them due to laziness. :p

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I would be more interested in the never-released Yuri Zelda content (if there even is any out there...) that Majora's Mask originally replaced. I know it was just supposed to be an OoT expansion, but still.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Holy crap. I realized almost everyone here came from the brawl link boards. I've only lurked on those boards back when it was still pretty active, but I've made posts in the project m and super smash flash 2 threads. Gotten my head into other things, you know? I should've posted on the brawl link threads when I had the chance... Oh well.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
"It's for the wiiu not the 3DS since the 3DS can not handle such a graphics"
Hah. The 3Ds may not be high def, but it can produce gorgeous and unique graphics: https://ww.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj6cXziHpjQ
Thread title: "MAJORA'S MASK HYPE! - Link Social Thread" any1? ANY1? :skull:

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Nope. How about "You've met a terrible fate, haven't you? - Social Thread"

Also, I wasn't that active in the Link boards here, but rather AiB and the Link xat.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Lol, I got here right as everyone else picked up and left. I started posting for a day or two, and Wafflez PM'd me and said everyone moved to AiB. The Link boards there were pretty much the only thing SUPER active, and took Link's meta to new heights, but alas there was only so much we could do.

MM3D hype, I had to wipe some tears away seeing it as it was probably the most vivid part of my gaming childhood, (that and endless hours of MK2) so I'm grateful to see it finally coming like a long awaited reunion.

@ Naroghin Naroghin Most of MM's dungeons were planned for Ura Zelda, but modified to fit termina when the game's premise shifted. The swamp and snowpeak dungeons (and likely the overworlds) were going to be in and the other's were still in development. There is also a strong paralell to this in Ocarina of Time due to Ganon's Castle having an Ice segment for the water medallion rooms and the wind segment in the forest medallion room was likely a scrapped Wind temple Idea (n64 probably didn't have the space for it).

@ Everyone involved with the ChangeofHeart post walls:
I'm in favor of letting bygones be bygones. Brawl is over, Link was ranked low tier due to various problems but was also highly misunderstood by the Brawl general player base at large, which means he may have been higher than ranked provided more people had seen what all he could do. (not to say that LordX, Legan, Deva, Arkive, Kirin, Blubba, ALSM, IZAW, or Mr.R, and many others didn't rep him at the highest level)
But that's not relevant to Smash 4 at all, and an old feud from back then is even less relevant. So instead of flooding the board with hearsay and butthurt rants, we move on and start talking about a game that is clearly superior.

@ N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 I don't know about anyone else, but I'm just gonna not remember anything that happened in the past, and treat you like just another Link main (like me really). No hard feelings from me, no resentment, no muss or fuss. So Hi, thanks for playing Link. Let's learn together and rep our hero so that no one underrates him again eh?

@ Rizen Rizen Completely up to you man, (and everyone else) I'm certainly not the InterwebzPD nor an agent of "social justice", but I would recommend starting over on the whole issue, provided that Brawl is pretty done, and Smash 4 is better than it anyways. Just for your sake if nothing else, there really isn't a constructive reason to continue, and I feel you pretty well understand that as evidenced by your lack of a response recently. Thumbs up, and have a good one.

Jus'Sayin' guys, none of that whole feud really matters at all, and to continue to post on it would be a continual waste of brain power and potential improvement in a game that might actually matter.

Truth be told, I'm really not much of a troll anyways. Now have I ever told you guys about my GODLIKE :bowser2:?

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Oh sure, Side-B Dive Bomb off stage is pretty godlike. :p

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ Zane it's not really a feud so much as one troll flaming everyone. I've been trying to ignore him for days and I see everyone else's responses show he's still spamming the forum. I say ban him.

Nintendo direct:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkXmABkDlNE&list=UUGIY_O-8vW4rfX98KlMkvRg
My thoughts:
C Toad: Sorry to be a hater but this seems like they took the worst part of SMario 3D World and made a game out of it :/
Mario Kart DLC: this is actually a good deal for pay-for DLC.
Amiibos: this is the same basic reason I didn't get into Skylanders and now it's a Nintendo money making scheme :/ I'll buy a Link one anyway. It gives a Hyrule warriors weapon.
Xenoblade: Super hyped, about this Zelda and SSB4. Where is the Zelda Wii U info?!
Splatoon: de Blob meets Mushroom Men. It looks cool but I question how much playability it will have.
MM 3D: MM is my favorite Zelda but I'm not getting this. I've already done everything in MM many times. Gyorg looks good.
SSB4 Duck Hunt trailer: I wondered when this was coming.
Code Name Steam: This is what happens when Japanese developers make a game based on American history and fictional literature. Aliens, special moves, you know, it's about as much as a bastardization as Disney movies.
Kirby Rainbow Curse: Kirby canvas curse was an awesome game. It was hard, great style, still one of the all time best touch screen games despite being an early DS game. Somehow I think this new version will disappoint with cushy levels. I don't like the style as well either :[
Indi game support is always good.
MH4 I wish this was on the Wii U.
Pikmin videos, meh. I won't buy them.
Sonic boom: it could be a good game. Sonic games are hit or miss so it's hard to say.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Lol, I got here right as everyone else picked up and left. I started posting for a day or two, and Wafflez PM'd me and said everyone moved to AiB. The Link boards there were pretty much the only thing SUPER active, and took Link's meta to new heights, but alas there was only so much we could do.

MM3D hype, I had to wipe some tears away seeing it as it was probably the most vivid part of my gaming childhood, (that and endless hours of MK2) so I'm grateful to see it finally coming like a long awaited reunion.

@ Naroghin Naroghin Most of MM's dungeons were planned for Ura Zelda, but modified to fit termina when the game's premise shifted. The swamp and snowpeak dungeons (and likely the overworlds) were going to be in and the other's were still in development. There is also a strong paralell to this in Ocarina of Time due to Ganon's Castle having an Ice segment for the water medallion rooms and the wind segment in the forest medallion room was likely a scrapped Wind temple Idea (n64 probably didn't have the space for it).

@ Everyone involved with the ChangeofHeart post walls:
I'm in favor of letting bygones be bygones. Brawl is over, Link was ranked low tier due to various problems but was also highly misunderstood by the Brawl general player base at large, which means he may have been higher than ranked provided more people had seen what all he could do. (not to say that LordX, Legan, Deva, Arkive, Kirin, Blubba, ALSM, IZAW, or Mr.R, and many others didn't rep him at the highest level)
But that's not relevant to Smash 4 at all, and an old feud from back then is even less relevant. So instead of flooding the board with hearsay and butthurt rants, we move on and start talking about a game that is clearly superior.

@ N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 I don't know about anyone else, but I'm just gonna not remember anything that happened in the past, and treat you like just another Link main (like me really). No hard feelings from me, no resentment, no muss or fuss. So Hi, thanks for playing Link. Let's learn together and rep our hero so that no one underrates him again eh?

@ Rizen Rizen Completely up to you man, (and everyone else) I'm certainly not the InterwebzPD nor an agent of "social justice", but I would recommend starting over on the whole issue, provided that Brawl is pretty done, and Smash 4 is better than it anyways. Just for your sake if nothing else, there really isn't a constructive reason to continue, and I feel you pretty well understand that as evidenced by your lack of a response recently. Thumbs up, and have a good one.

Jus'Sayin' guys, none of that whole feud really matters at all, and to continue to post on it would be a continual waste of brain power and potential improvement in a game that might actually matter.

Truth be told, I'm really not much of a troll anyways. Now have I ever told you guys about my GODLIKE :bowser2:?
That is fine, and I'll even do you a better favor (so this never occurs again), the video he posted is irrelevant (I'm sure you know why he'd post a video like that, but he saves the only video that happened and forgets I as well I three stocked him and as well two stocked him and yes I have the videos but they're stale and ew written all over them, it's up to him really; save the only one that's fine his channel his rules). Anyways, he does that, I wont bother any of you ( like situations wont be awkward like this). And I'll preform and figure my stuff alone and upload stuff for fun ENTERTAINMENT purposes. And once more, yes, they're good players.

Compared to the players Rizen has on his video collection, I'm quite certain I'm in good hands and therefore no one will raise the brow of 'uh COH these players are pretty bad man'. Thanks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As for my thoughts on the direct:

• Cpt. Toad: I was indifferent at first, but it's looking better.
  • Mario Kart 8 DLC: I wholeheartedly agree with @ Rizen Rizen . I'm liking Nintendo's approach to DLC so far.
  • Amiibos: I'm not into the Cashlanders concept either. NEXT!
  • Xenoblade X: Every time Nintendo showcases a new trailer for that game, it looks more promising. I thoroughly enjoyed the first Xenoblade on the Wii and I'm sure I'll like this as well.
  • Splatoon: My opinion on Captain Toad applies here.
  • MAJORA'S MASK 3D: Oh boy. It's happening. Majora's Mask is one of my favorite Zelda iterations and I'm glad it's being remade. I played it via the Wii's Virtual Console, but I never owned a physical copy.
  • Duck Hunt Dog in Smash 4 Reveal Trailer: I saw it coming, but it was an entertaining trailer.
  • Codename: S.T.E.A.M.: My opinion on Captain Toad and Splatoon applies here, though @ Rizen Rizen does make a good point.
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse: I never did play Canvas Curse, so I can't compare the two games, but this looks decent.
  • Indie Support: Once again, I have to agree with @ Rizen Rizen .
  • Monster Hunter 4 Mario and Luigi costumes: This is bizarre...
  • Pikmin Videos: I'm indifferent.
  • Sonic Boom: The 3DS game looks a decent 2D Sonic platformer, but the Wii U game looks meh.

Top Bottom