• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Yeah, the only series that has a pretty cool story is Metroid. I mean Zelda is just the same thing with no timeline[imo], Mario is...yeah, and so on.

I heard Starfox had a story, but I've never played a Starfox game.

finalark

SNORLAX
^ Yeah, the only series that has a pretty cool story is Metroid. I mean Zelda is just the same thing with no timeline[imo], Mario is...yeah, and so on.
More or less, and Metroid isn't particularly story heavy not counting Other M. Most of the time they just drop you on the planet and leave you to fill in the blanks.

I heard Starfox had a story, but I've never played a Starfox game.
I've heard Command was pretty plot heavy, but I never played it. Out of the ones I have played (original, 64, Adventures and Assault) Assault had the most story out of any of them. But the story in question was pretty bland. Basically, go watch a number of the Borg episodes from Star Trek TNG to see the same story executed much better.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm pretty sure that Metroid's story is just a framing device to put Ridley in every game.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I mean, do you sometimes wish Nintendo would incorporate a sensible plot into these games? I'm a sucker for plot, and I'm sure there are a lot of people who are as well. I mean, I've read theories and message boards of people trying to string together all the Link timelines.

Imagine a game, where they actually explored that, along with the origins of the triforce. All I know, according to OoT was that it was made from some Gods. Mario has always come off as a bit comical to me, and I thought Paper Mario did a good job showing that. However, for a game like Mario Galaxy, can we please get something more than the typical Bowser kidnaps Peach and is trying to take over the universe? How did he get this power? What's the real deal with Rosalina? How did Luigi even end up on "X" planet for you to rescue him?

I mean it's the little things that would make the games more appreciative. They are already solid on gameplay, but I would become much more of a fan if they incorporated some plot elements.

Edit: I did enjoy what they tried to do with Metroid M. However, giving Samus daddy issues was not the way to go -.-

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You can say that again.

My favorite game right now though has to be 999. Anyone who owns a DS owes it to themselves to get this game.

999 is a gem it's hard to find and not very popular but anyone who has reviewed the game/played it has nothing but good things to say about it.
Hmm i don't think it was really that original, it kinda was already been done with the cube movies. And the true ending was a bit awkward for me too. It has it's moments still.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Rosalina's backstory is explained in the storybook sidequest in the library. It's incredibly depressing.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I cried when I beat FF7 for the 1st time.

I didn't want it to ever end!
I still haven't finished it on my psp. I'm at the crater for the last time, I think.

Anyway, Zelda has a decent story, but most of it is really just fans filling in the blanks and making theories based on scarce info. I hate to say it, but it's true.

I'm so hyped for Portal 2!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I've heard Command was pretty plot heavy, but I never played it. Out of the ones I have played (original, 64, Adventures and Assault) Assault had the most story out of any of them. But the story in question was pretty bland. Basically, go watch a number of the Borg episodes from Star Trek TNG to see the same story executed much better.
The game is horrible. It's frustrating and unforgiving at times. (i.e. Star Wolf likes to run away and waste your time/fuel till you crash and die. :mad:)

Not a fan of the whole "spend your gas to move around the mini-map to different battles!" idea.

Looking forward to SF64 3D.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Man playing Shattered Dimensions has me pumped for Spiderman: Edge of Time :D

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Man playing Shattered Dimensions has me pumped for Spiderman: Edge of Time :D
Really hoping that Edge of Time is much better than SD. All I did was press "square" a bunch of times on my controller, and I beat the game z.z...and this was before I realized you could upgrade your stats LOL.

Deadpool da bes though.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I mean, do you sometimes wish Nintendo would incorporate a sensible plot into these games? I'm a sucker for plot, and I'm sure there are a lot of people who are as well. I mean, I've read theories and message boards of people trying to string together all the Link timelines.

Imagine a game, where they actually explored that, along with the origins of the triforce. All I know, according to OoT was that it was made from some Gods. Mario has always come off as a bit comical to me, and I thought Paper Mario did a good job showing that. However, for a game like Mario Galaxy, can we please get something more than the typical Bowser kidnaps Peach and is trying to take over the universe? How did he get this power? What's the real deal with Rosalina? How did Luigi even end up on "X" planet for you to rescue him?

I mean it's the little things that would make the games more appreciative. They are already solid on gameplay, but I would become much more of a fan if they incorporated some plot elements.

Edit: I did enjoy what they tried to do with Metroid M. However, giving Samus daddy issues was not the way to go -.-
The day this stuff happens is probably when I will be finished with videogames entirely.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Eh, I'm liking SD. I'll admit Amazing Spiderman is INCREDIBLY boring, but the Ultimate(<3Venom) and 2099 have some interesting twists. And NOIR makes the game.

Is web of shadows any good?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I heard WoS was pretty bad...but I haven't played it so meh.

Yeah, I liked Noir a lot, but after doing the same thing over and over again, it just got stupidly repetitive and boring. Seeing the same old "stealth kill" move over and over again.

Future Spiderman just seemed like Amazing to me...but like I said, all I did was mash square.

Ultimate was pretty cool, especially his rage mode.

I guess my overall problem with the game is the layout. Every stage is...chase bad guy, rescue hostage, chase bad guy, rescue hostage, own bad guy.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I honestly wouldn't mind if the next Nintendo console didn't have motion controls.
Thoughts?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
From what I've read, rumors are saying Nintendo is working on a entirely new controller for the console, and the controller will have a touch interactive screen on it. First thing that comes to mind is Dreamcast's controller...except I expect the screen to be of better resolution lol.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm open to suggestions on what to change this social thread's title to btw. (You know, like the PC had the Snorlax Room for a while.)

And I heard the Wii successor's code name is "Cafe".

S

smash brawl player 99021

Lantern Room/Watch Room/Service Room are the main parts of a Lighthouse. Just thinking...Something awesome-sauce.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
"Update: Sources now confirm to IGN the new Nintendo controller allows players to stream entire games to the device from the console, saying it's like a miniature television. The screen size on the controller is also confirmed to be six inches in size. "

o_O...so will we be going from epic graphics to GBA style on the go?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Just found out they added achievements and an icon for Starjeweled, and as such just unlocked the icon for Starjeweled.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
It'll be alright dude, just facebook her or something during the day and arrange ****.

Your suit looks pimpin by the way ;)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
No freaking way. I don't like Marvel.

Really? I haven't seen any pics yet. :o

Maybe Madoka or Persona themed?
Sorry for the crappy quality. My TE as it is now.

Madoka would be seriously legit. It'll just be Kyubei's rapeface, and I'll get clear buttons that spell CONTRACT. But joking aside, Madoka...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom