• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lie's 5-5-5 Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
The way I see it, korns 3rd place and my 3rd place are basically the same. We didn't beat anyone pr worthy to get where we got. So if Korn is on the pr list for his one 3rd place, I will laugh.

Boss on the other hand, beat coney to get second

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
when i said it'd still count for something that's pretty much what i meant. this obviously doesn't greatly help anyone on the next PR. i was mostly focused on lie, currently unranked, beating GIMR who is ranked.

who cares what lie's association with GIMR is anyway? yeah, sure they practice all the time but if it's tourney and there's money on the line then it's different.
i'm saying the actual tournament itself is minor, kenny.
it was a 12 man tourny
$5 low stakes payout
and it was a single isolated win between two people.
the significance of getting 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place has little to no bearing. the tournament size matters because the significance of placings start to come into affect when a player has to face multiple high level players to reach a placing. chu's 3rd place ranking at xanadu =/= gimr's 3rd place ranking at this small level tournament.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
it was a 12 man tourny
$5 low stakes payout
the significance of getting 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place has little to no bearing. the tournament size matters because the significance of placings start to come into affect when a player has to face multiple high level players to reach a placing. chu's 3rd place ranking at xanadu =/= gimr's 3rd place ranking at this small level tournament.
you do realize that i've already agreed with you, right?

i was just making sure lie's win gets credit.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
it was a 12 man tourny
$5 low stakes payout
I don't think anyone disagrees with this omni, its just that the last 3 md/va tournaments were like this one(small turn out and only a few high level players) and you seem to only be opposed to this one counting. Your reason for this one not counting is illogical. Who cares if no one from VA came? Either all 3 count, or none of them count.

Just so no one misinterprets this. I know and agree that my 3rd place at this event doesn't mean anything

KageMurphy

Smash Master
GIMR, Korns third place is better then yours imo, he beat opponents who were better then the ones here and that event was larger.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Go ahead and put words in my mouth guys. Korn, who'd you beat at bolts?

Coney

Smash Master
jesus, does it really matter this much?

just look at who each person beat and lost to and decide from there

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Cafe gets offended so easily and for no reason :awesome:

@Zak - Might as well get it out of the way now if this issue comes up more in the future.

Coney

Smash Master
honestly it shouldn't be so difficult

don't take the placings into account--nothing outrageous happened here. lie beat gimr, and logic beat lie. THAT'S the take-home really, wins, because placements here just honestly aren't really indicative of anything

@ boss of course i wanted first! i would want first here too, but in terms of rankings just the sets themselves are really the only things that show anything

Kenrawr

Smash Master
well yeah it pretty much got resolved a while ago. any discussion now is pretty much misunderstanding/rabbling.

this is all common sense really and should just be taken to the PR group.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I was just saying your example about me was dumb
and I said I don't really care about Bolt's because I didn't do good lol..
It wasn't dumb. I was using your placement to make the point that there shouldn't be bias when all 3 tournaments had the same basic turn out with just about the same amount of good players. You took it as a personal attack on you. Also ive said multiple times that i think my 3rd place means nothing so I'm obviously not being bias.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Thanks korn but you really.shouldn't worship me. That's a bit much.

Anyone know anything about how one would go about getting a restraining order?

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I was joking.

@Tant: lol I don't get your joke but it still made laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom