• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Liar Game Mafia | GAME OVER! Who won the 100 gazzillion yen?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Asdioh, update the status ASAP in the thread. If he accepts, vote for Sworddancer.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I accepted his contract and I think he already accepted mine. I think.

pretend vote: swordduncer

see what I did there? I misspelled his name and didn't bold it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Asdioh didn't exactly format his acceptance properly, I think, but he did post, saying he accepted it.

I don't know if Xonar's counting it.

We have less than 24 hours. Assuming Swords is telling the truth about being the SK, we'll be fine tomorrow regardless. To be honest, the wording of the contract makes me think OS is maf, but whatever. I don't even care enough about it to try to think critically anymore.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm assuming the contracts say the same thing as mine? -_^

I don't believe that Sworddancer isn't the SK, but the only way the SK can win now is if its me or Asdioh. Without the contracts between us, the SK could win if he was Circus.

Asdioh, can yo be more clear as to whether or not he accepted it? -_^

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@mod: request update on contracts

When the mod approves the contracts, go ahead and vote/hammer for sworddancer.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
dun dun dun.... information

I know one of you is town unless sworddancer is insane town. So, confirm agreement between you two, and then we'll be good to go.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Lol if I was town I wouldn't of claimed SK cus I'm not a ****. I have no problems claiming SK cus the only person I'm letting down is myself. It's not like I have any teammates that are counting on me. I've been in worse situations before where I've had people counting on me but still didn't give up till the end for the very reason that I didn't want to let them down.

OS I didn't kill you cus I thought you might of been the mafia, and I didn't want to give town a no lynch. Would of been an even worse look if brownie townie OS died followed by someone else's death that wasn't brownie townie's Sworddancer's.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Eh, I'm done being careful.

Vote: Sworddancer.

Someone else hammer.

I'm happy with how this game turned out, but I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do with contracts. This game would have been waaaaaay more fun as mafia / SK.

I initially considered a plan that would result in town having a huge chance of winning, but felt the game wouldn't be as "fun".

You pick one person at random.

Everyone puts in a contract that can be negated if they post a specific picture.

That one person chosen at random will get no such contract, and will be the only surviving player.

Everyone else accepts a contract that results in them getting 10 MOD votes after a certain amount of time.

In the meantime, everyone votes for the player after them in the signup list so that everyone has one vote.

If someone refuses, you all renig the contracts and lynch that person.

Continue every Day phase until scum are dead or no one refuses.

There will be a simultaneous lynch of every player in the game, resulting in town having a 5/8 chance to win.

Because really, this game is pretty largely anti-town and those are pretty good odds for this setup. After D1 if we had done it we would have had a 4/6 chance.

The real strength is that the SK basically has to confirm he's the SK or lose unless a 1/8 chance falls in his favor, or hope one of the mafia (1/4) does it. So you just lynch that person. As long as town doesn't get huffy and balk, it should work out pretty well.

This way was more fun though.

I can't believe Asdioh's gambit of claiming mafia helped when figuring out the SK though. -_-;;

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This is the weirdest game.

Town modkills himself on purpose with hardly any votes on him because of me pressuring him.
Mafia dies N1.
Doc is quick hammered by someone who claimed mafia, and that person goes to lylo.
Serial Killer claims in lylo.
Mafia accepts contracts that result in their defeat while claiming town.
Overswarm is town.

whaaaaaaaaat

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I think Circus needs to reword his contract so it says "from circus" instead of "from overswarm"

But we could always do that toMorrow!

Vote: Sworddancer

I am Zim!

Smash Rookie
Deadline is set on Friday April 6th, 11:59 CET! Approx. 3+ hours until deadline.

Voted |
Voter(s)
|
Votes to lynch
Sworddancer.​
|
Sworddancer., Overswarm​
|
2​

Not voting: Circus, Asdioh

Voteblocked:

With 4 players alive, it takes 3 to lynch!​

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Re-sent the contract. Asdioh needs to do the same.

I don't trust Asdioh to be coming on in time to properly hammer, so I'm doing it now.

Vote: Sworddancer.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Nope, still town. If I was scum I would have won the moment you two accepted my contracts, I only needed you two to contract each other because I'm town.

I am Zim!

Smash Rookie

Voted |
Voter(s)
|
Votes to lynch
Sworddancer.​
|
Sworddancer., Overswarm, Circus​
|
3​

Not voting: Asdioh

Voteblocked:

A lynch has been reached!

"Sworddancer. was Leronira, Independent Liar Game Representative!"

Night 3 Begins! Day 4 will begin when Xoni returns. No talking until then!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
We're starting with Day 4!

Nobody died tonight. Hehehe.

Voted |
Voter(s)
|
Votes to lynch
-​
|
-​
|
-​

Not voting: Asdioh, Overswarm, Circus

Voteblocked:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Vote: Circus

I copy pasted his name to make sure there were no hidden periods or anything

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
There's not a lot left to do here, just following contracts which will all result in the same; Overswarm surviving as the last person standing. Do you guys mind me ending it here?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Circus, Kikuchi Shou, Town Perceptive Trickster has been lynched!

Day 5 begins!

Asdioh, Yokoya Norihiko, Mafia Logical Manipulator has been lynched!

Overswarm, Akiyama Shinichi, Town Logical Manipulator is the last man standing!

Town wins!

Role PMs:
Welcome to Liar Game Mafia, J!

You are Kanzaki Nao, Town Emotional Manipulator!

People always called you foolishly honest, but game after game in the Liar Game circuit changed you. You are the only one in the circuit who can still trust others, and your honesty helps other people trust you too. Your attitude and charism allows you to convince people easily using positive emotions, like trust.

Win Condition: You are aligned with the Town and will win once all the threats to the Town have been eliminated.

Powers:
Protect: Every night, you may protect another player in the game by sending me a PM containing the command "Protect: playername". This player will be immune to removal from the game (night kills).

Voice and Vote: Play the game to use these! Good luck!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Liar Game Mafia, Overswarm!

You are Akiyama Shinichi, Town Logical Manipulator!

Expert con-man and the main star of the Liar Game, you are in it to win it. You are on one of the smartest people around. Your attitude and charism allows you to convince people easily using positive logic, like promising a good end.

Win Condition: You are aligned with the Town and will win once all the threats to the Town have been eliminated.

Powers:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Liar Game Mafia, Circus!

You are Kikuchi Shou, Town Perceptive Trickster!

Because of your boxing years, your eyes have developed dynamic visual acuity. Unfortunately, after an injury, you had to stop boxing. You started participating in the Liar Game Tournament in the hope of abusing your superior vision and keen intellect.

Powers:

Welcome to Liar Game Mafia, Gheb!

You are Fujisawa Kazuo, Town Deceptive Old Man!

Nothing less than a greedy old man, you entered the Liar Game Tournament to become rich and drop all your responsibilities. You are a great liar, yet your intellect is nothing compared to the best players in the game. You pick the weaker players to follow you, and try to get the win by manipulating them.

Powers:

Welcome to Liar Game Mafia, July!

You are Abe Yukiko, Town Insecure Ex-Cultist!

Years of working with Harimoto Takashi only reinforced your insecurities, but now you've broken away from all that. You bear no negative feelings for him, and now plan to do things on your own. You are loyal to people who appeal to you. Harimoto taught you basic scamming and manipulation, and you are proficient at them.

Powers:

Welcome to Liar Game Mafia, Asdioh!

You are Yokoya Norihiko, Mafia Logical Manipulator!

You are as sneaky as you are creepy. Truly a manipulator at heart, you love to play other people's emotions. Your attitude and charism allows you to convince people easily using negative logic, like using mistrust.

Win Condition: You are aligned with the Mafia and will win when the Mafia have an undeniable majority and nothing can be done to prevent this.

Powers:

[collapse="Fakeclaim"]
Welcome to Liar Game Mafia, Asdioh!

You are Akagi Kouta, Town Loyal Teammate!

When introduced, you were an enemy to Kanzaki and Akiyama, however you teamed up with them over the course of the round. Afterwards, you were always their loyal partner, which carried over in the games you participated in without them. You are a great team member for any team, as you are level headed and actively motivating.

Powers:

Communication: Your partner this game is Raziek. You are allowed to communicate with him during the game.

Welcome to Liar Game Mafia, Raziek!

You are Harimoto Takashi, Mafia Emotional Manipulator!

As the leader of a cult, you love to manipulate the insecurities that every human suffers. A recent rising star in the Liar Game, you are usually followed by a few of your cult members. Your attitude and charism allows you to convince people easily using negative emotions, like using fear.

Win Condition: You are aligned with the Mafia and will win when the Mafia have an undeniable majority and nothing can be done to prevent this.

Powers:

Communication: Your partner this game is Asdioh. You are allowed to communicate with him during the game.

[collapse="Fakeclaim"]
Welcome to Liar Game Mafia, Raziek!

You are Fukunaga Yuji, Town Charming Actress Actor!

Originally a man, you sex changed into a charming and beautiful woman. You are quite smart, yet not on the level of the best players in the game. You are, however, very proficient at manipulating men to do what you want, using a deadly combination of your charms and logic. Truly a femme fatale.

Powers:

[/collapse]

Welcome to Liar Game Mafia, Sworddancer.!

You are Leronira, Independent Liar Game Representative!

Being the Liar Game representative, you used to host most Liar Game rounds. Nobody knows anything about you, or even how you look, as you always wear your mask. You entered the game to be the last man standing, and will not refrain from doing so. You are extremely sharp and easily see through other's tactics.

Win Condition: You are aligned as an Independent and will win once every other player is dead, or if nothing can be done to prevent this.

Powers:

Removal: Every night, you may night kill another player in the game by sending me a PM containing the command "Remove: playername". This player will be die in the game.

[collapse="Fakeclaim"]
Welcome to Liar Game Mafia, Sworddancer.!

You are No. 15, Town Silent yet Intelligent Suspect!

Because of your appearance, you were suspected of creating an amazing masterplan in an earlier round. However, once the true culprit was revealed, it became known that you are actually an extremely intelligent ally! You are known to be on the level of Akiyama, yet you don't talk as much. You keep your cool and are always observant and analytical.

Powers:

[/collapse]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/collapse]

I have some notes left. Will dump that when I get to the files n stuff.

Grats to town! Grats to Overswarm! Good job at making Akiyama the last person standing, fits the flavor haha.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Little sloppy, but I'm glad we pulled it off. Sorry for getting paranoid on you, OS.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh, and I'm sorry you got screwed, Asdioh. You did the best you could with the situation you were placed in, especially since you replaced into it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, and swords not killing OS made this game hella harder because he was the only one willing to use contracts to their full potential lol
still surprised it was SD that was the SK

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Yeah, Swords had me pretty good. Not sure why he threw it away. I was thinking about trying to do some reevaluations, but I was so over this game by the time we got to D3 that I probably wouldn't have gotten around to anything very in-depth.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Basically what I learned is that contracts need a lot of tweaking and even then will be largely unusable due to the large amount of rules necessary.

More comments tomorrow. I followed the game closely and have some quick notes on every player.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

Yeah! :D

I found it incredibly amusing that I could have won as mafia with my contract shenanigans.

This game was a lot more logical than standard mafia, which helped me quite a bit. It's not as "swingy" as normal mafia in that you can set things up post-death.

I had a lot of other contract strategies, such as:

contracts that result in certain actions based off of deaths at Night (such as, if player X is dead on Day Y, vote Z)

contracts that result in picking a random person to win town (as stated earlier)

contracts that resulted in everyone posting a picture from the Liar Game Wiki of every character they are NOT, thus revealing who you were (one of the reasons I suggested the change to rule #20)

contracts that resulted in "voting blocks" of three on D1, with the teams randomized based on signup, and two wild cards (first and last person on signup list). This would have resulted in Gheb and Raziek being wildcards, and Asdioh/SD/Circus in one group and J/July/Overswarm in another, each group only being able to vote for someone if they are going to vote as a group (can be certified by agreeing in a separate vote in thread).

Should one voting block have more players in it than the other, they must vote for someone in a wild card position or from the bigger voting block (even if they are a part of it). Should a No Lynch occur, everyone not on the lynch with the most votes would be put at L-1 the following day.

This would result in a very obvious paper trail for both SK and mafia, because suddenly who dies and when is important and based off of a logical base rather than a hunch. Asdioh and Sworddancer both would not want to die, so they'd want to kill a wild card more than someone from J/July/OS; this would be an obvious clue. After the initial lynch of J/July/OS group, their group would be up for a lynch; this would result in Asdioh and SD having to really push hard for someone in their group that isn't them, while a townie would logically be able to be fine in dying.

The entire time, Gheb and Raziek are calling the shots as to who is going to get the 'boost' to be lynched, at least early game.

Since there are two mafia, it makes it infinitely more likely that should the SK and mafia share a group, the SK would die. When that group got down to two people, the mafia outside the group would be able to tip the scales.

Assuming the SK isn't stupid and planned ahead, his NKills would have left a pretty obvious trail to him.

But that would have taken a lot of effort and cooperation and plays more like a traditional mafia game.

It's kind of funny.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14144249&postcount=21

I had Ryker in a position where I could have confirmed him as the SK at that moment

and then he posts this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14144261&postcount=22

which prevented me from finding his alignment with some contract shenanigans

was sooooo salty, was so ready to get his slot lynched... then he replaced out. Game would have been way different with no SK.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
contracts that result in certain actions based off of deaths at Night (such as, if player X is dead on Day Y, vote Z)
5.) Punishment and conditions within a contract may only regard players signing the contract. This will be judged by the mod when an agreement is reached within the QuickTopic.
It worked in your final contract because you worked with "3man lylo" instead of "lylo consisting of playerX, playerY and playerZ"

But yeah, Overswarm, it was truly a blast to see you play this game. Made me wonder why you don't play mafia more often. Definitely a different Overswarm that I remember playing with in games like Dragonball Mafia.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I broke dragonball mafia the same way, the MOD just changed the rules afterwards. -_-;;

I took this game more seriously than others because it was a fun concept, so that helped too.

And you can get around "contracts that result in certain actions based off of deaths at Night" by referring to who is living rather than who died (which can refer to who died indirectly) and I already showed how to get around the "may only affect players signing the contract". Lots o loopholes.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I realized a lot of things during this game I should've realized sooner. Pretty mad it took me that long.

Farewell, you pathetic bunch.

Edit: SD, we cool

:059:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Should I laugh or cry about how hopeless some people are?

I don't think you'd have modkilled yourself had I not posted what I did, so logically I think I was a pretty big part of that :B

Gheb still so salty.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You think you're a big part of everything.

Which is why you're wrong more often than not.

Top Bottom