• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Actually if you think your parents would react negatively, you might want to out yourself when they're not near any sharp objects or operating heavy machinery, just saying.
more like when you have a backup safety house or something. i expect negative reaction, so im gonna have my own place when i decide to come out to my mom, this way i can just leave if she gets wacky.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
my dad asked me about it so i didn't exactly get much say in the whole coming out to the family matter

i guess i could have lied but it didn't seem hostile. as it turns out one of my grandma's cousins is gay. and one of my uncle's best friends is gay. so my family as a whole was pretty "lol w/e" about the thing.

i'm really, really lucky ^___^

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
yeah. I'm not PLANNING on coming out until I've officially got my own place
The funny thing about those plans is that they fall apart the instant that you set them up. Not all of the time, but hopefully that'll never happen.

And now that 'super fun family time' is over (at least until Christmas for some of us), i have nothing to do but sleep and rewrite entire papers for my uber-jerkwad of a biology teacher. Now that thanksgiving is over, that seems to be kind of a blessing, actually.

And Bored: Make sure that you know your parents stances on everything now. Otherwise you will find a coffee table flying at your head. Not fun.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
The funny thing about those plans is that they fall apart the instant that you set them up. Not all of the time, but hopefully that'll never happen.
not a huge problem. college is 2.5 hours away from home. I only really have to worry about summer vacation. as long as I don't have a BF or the one I have doesn't feel the need to visit me constantly. I'll be fine.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
You don't want a boyfriend to visit you constantly? :(

I was with my ex every day for an entire year, and his mom still never figured us out. Hahaha. Whenever she was around, I'd grab the nearest girl and flirt with her.

bored

Smash Ace
I would hate to have my boyfriend visit constantly. I need my space too.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Well I mean I'm not at home often enough to find someone there. so anyone I would find while I'm at college would be a good drive away from home. my parents aren't retarted, they would figure out what's happening if someone I met while away from home was visiting me THAT much. and, yeah, space is nice too.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
You don't want a boyfriend to visit you constantly? :(

I was with my ex every day for an entire year, and his mom still never figured us out. Hahaha. Whenever she was around, I'd grab the nearest girl and flirt with her.
Lol. Wouldn't your ex have been jealous or something?

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
For flirting with a girl.

Baby, pleeease!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
oh you shut up about my romantic ideals meno. I want love before all else. there's nothing wrong with that.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Thats nice too. But I would love for someone to want to be around me at all times. Even if it does get to be too much.
If it gets to be 'too much,' I just go take a bath or something.

Or take a nap.

Or just tell him I don't feel like being messed with [I'm bipolar and sometimes I just have moods], and he goes and plays WoW for a while.

Honestly, once you find the right person, it just kind of clicks.
Different people like different things, you have to find someone that's compatible with your wants and needs.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I get my space from my boyfriend when he's working and I'm not. That's more than good enough for me, and I actually look forward to it. After four or so hours, though, I start to want him to be home.

I'll probably end up marrying my boyfriend, but there's no way in hell I'd want him around 24/7. Not sure how many of you would say you'd like that after being with someone for well over a year =)

bored

Smash Ace
im usually alone and ive grown acceptant and accostomed to that so i guess thats what makes me feel that way. isolation ftw........ :(
Aww.. Don't say that! I'm sure once you find someone thats right for you, you'll want to be around them all the time.:)

EDIT: Good news everyone! I'm so over my crush now. Took a long while. But I knew it wouldn't last.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
the stigma for most bisexuals is that, if they like both men and women, it must be because they have an isatiable appetite for sex and so you can never trust them to be faithful to just a one man or woman. they will want at least one of each.

I'm not a bisexual myself, but I can't assume that that's possibly true.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I'd imagine it's mostly insecure people who would fear getting cheated on in that manner. These people probably already had deep down worries, but their S.O. liking both genders opens their S.O. to even more potential partners. I guess.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'd imagine it's mostly insecure people who would fear getting cheated on in that manner. These people probably already had deep down worries, but their S.O. liking both genders opens their S.O. to even more potential partners. I guess.
the sooner people treat homosexuals just like a normal person who happens to prefer the same gender, or bisexuals like notmal people who can accept either gender as a partner, the better we'll be.

Because, afterall, that's all we really are. IT saddens me to see that we are associated with all sorts of deviant, permiscuous and even agressively sexual behavior just because we aren't straight.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
the sooner people treat homosexuals just like a normal person who happens to prefer the same gender, or bisexuals like notmal people who can accept either gender as a partner, the better we'll be.

Because, afterall, that's all we really are. IT saddens me to see that we are associated with all sorts of deviant, permiscuous and even agressively sexual behavior just because we aren't straight.
That is mainly because of the essence of ignorance.
There is a lot of thing contributing towards LGBT persons. And the sooner we can stop the stupidity of others, the sooner we can all be happy.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Amen! I really think most straight people don't have problems with gay people. I think people are just afraid of what the "crowd" thinks so they give us a hard time. The only other thing that is anti-gay is religion. However I don't think the holy scriptures of the great religions of our day actually preach against gays. I think it comes down to what humans say....

Besides, the Bible's interpretations are handed down to Christians by humans. God gave the text. People give the interpretations. Am I the only one who sees a problem in that >_>

SMBEffect

Smash Apprentice
Amen! I really think most straight people don't have problems with gay people. I think people are just afraid of what the "crowd" thinks so they give us a hard time. The only other thing that is anti-gay is religion. However I don't think the holy scriptures of the great religions of our day actually preach against gays. I think it comes down to what humans say....

Besides, the Bible's interpretations are handed down to Christians by humans. God gave the text. People give the interpretations. Am I the only one who sees a problem in that >_>
So true. Just a few years ago I remember just how uptight everyone was at my school about people being gay and it was seen in such a negative light. Nowadays it almost seems more common for straight people to be accepting of gays. I hear more people going "It's okay if you are..." instead of the typical gay jokes.

As for religion, this is the part of being a Catholic I don't really like. I'm not sure exactly how some other religions see it, but my church tends to lend its reasoning towards child bearing. Basically, the church says that it's okay to be gay, but sex is completely out of the question because it doesn't help make children. The way you read the bible can have a lot to do with your beliefs, but a lot of it is very questionable.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Everything becomes more accepted over time, it seems. My grandma had said when she was younger, it was considered weird/not good for whites to date Italians. Obviously that isn't true now. While some people find gay relations way more extreme than inter racial ones, I think it still follows the same flow of acceptance. It'll just take longer for more people to be cool with people dating the same gender(mostly due to religion).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom