• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
oh can't it? i think everything is conditional nowadays.
Well, apparently it can be. My point was just that it shouldn't be, and I don't understand why it ever is.

And Jesus Christ, everyone seems to have the parents from hell on this issue. I love my left-leaning heathen mother.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
If my mom threw a coffee table at me, I wouldn't hesitate to slap her. Its not your fault that you're gay. And let's pretend for a second that being gay is a choice? It's her fault for raising your wrong. There's no reason that a parent should hit their child for being gay.

Did she throw it AT you, or towards you in a threatening 'get out of my house' kind of way?

My mom kicked me out because I had a boyfriend, not because I'm gay. She still invites me to dinner every week, and stuff. Basically, I just can't live at her house if I don't follow her rules. I worked at the same place she did, and she'd always sneak over to my area and randomly give me a coke and some candy. So I guess I'm lucky when it comes to crazy parents. If I bring it up, she's always reduced to tears-- but if we pretend like it's not there, we're usually fine.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Well, apparently it can be. My point was just that it shouldn't be, and I don't understand why it ever is.

And Jesus Christ, everyone seems to have the parents from hell on this issue. I love my left-leaning heathen mother.
Most parents have some kinda religious beliefs, so thats why. and very few would bend them even for there own child im guessing. lots of things shouldn't be certain ways, but they are anyway.

If my mom threw a coffee table at me, I wouldn't hesitate to slap her. Its not your fault that you're gay. And let's pretend for a second that being gay is a choice? It's her fault for raising your wrong. There's no reason that a parent should hit their child for being gay.

Did she throw it AT you, or towards you in a threatening 'get out of my house' kind of way?
My Wigglytuff showing hero lol.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I'm living in my own house now, my mum doesn't know anything about me, I'm not telling her anything either.

If she threw a coffee table at me, I would've left earlier.

EDIT:

Also I'm rather iffy about saying I'm bi here. Ironically I never knew there was such thing as biphobia untill I got it from 2 gay guys. Apparently I'm secretly gay but just don't want to admit it or something like that.

If gay guys think that then no way am I coming out to any more of my straight friends. I came out to my gay friend Wesley, and my straight friend Carrie. Both of whom said they'd never have known if I hadn't told them, Wes has even asked me 3 or 4 times if I'm sure I like guys seeing as though I never talk about them or seem interested in them.

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
Also I'm rather iffy about saying I'm bi here. Ironically I never knew there was such thing as biphobia untill I got it from 2 gay guys. Apparently I'm secretly gay but just don't want to admit it or something like that.

If gay guys think that then no way am I coming out to any more of my straight friends. I came out to my gay friend Wesley, and my straight friend Carrie. Both of whom said they'd never have known if I hadn't told them, Wes has even asked me 3 or 4 times if I'm sure I like guys seeing as though I never talk about them or seem interested in them.

My other half is biphobic. He's a great believer of the straight/gay divide. Because of this I haven't really told him that I'm bi, straight out anyways. I imagine he'll either laugh it off or go a bit nuts over me being 'gay'.

And anyways Pluvia, I seem to remember you having a girlfriend (?) so why should you be digging on guys openly? I imagine it'd be a little wierd for her. I'd never lust over anyone not the same gender as my current boyfriend/girlfriend, it's just insensitive and would maybe make them really insecure and unsure.

bored

Smash Ace
but, but Ike needs to-----

ok fine.

I'm 22 today, sooooo oldddd >_>

I do cross my ankles, dunno why. never my legs though.
No fair, I wish I was 22. I'm sick of being 17.

I also wish I was a bit taller as well. There are middle schoolers who tower above me. :(

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm living in my own house now, my mum doesn't know anything about me, I'm not telling her anything either.

If she threw a coffee table at me, I would've left earlier.

EDIT:

I don't think it's biphobia so much as it is disbelief. I used to hide behind the word bisexual before actually realizing/admitting to myself/everyone else that I was gay. And I know other gay guys do that too. So I think it's easy to just assume that everyone does that.

I'm a firm believer in the idea that everyone is really on one huge scale of bisexuality, but since I've never known anyone who falls close enough to the middle to actually "count", I basically treat it as if it doesn't exist. So, from my perspective, when someone tells me they're bisexual (it's happened a couple of times), I tend to assume that they just haven't figured out what they really are yet or aren't ready to admit they really swing one way or the other. And I've been right so far.

I don't say this to try and disprove your bisexuality. I just mean that I see how people could have trouble believing you since I tend to be hesitant about it myself. Since I once faked being bi, I basically treat that as the model on which I judge every other bi guy. And I'm sure plenty of others do too.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I don't think it's biphobia so much as it is disbelief. I used to hide behind the word bisexual before actually realizing/admitting to myself/everyone else that I was gay. And I know other gay guys do that too. So I think it's easy to just assume that everyone does that.
This.

I believe in true bisexuality, but I don't believe half of the bi people that I talk to. Its an easy cover for scared gays to hide behind. If things get 'too real' for them, they can just say they went back to women.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx

My mom kicked me out because I had a boyfriend, not because I'm gay. She still invites me to dinner every week, and stuff. Basically, I just can't live at her house if I don't follow her rules. I worked at the same place she did, and she'd always sneak over to my area and randomly give me a coke and some candy. So I guess I'm lucky when it comes to crazy parents. If I bring it up, she's always reduced to tears-- but if we pretend like it's not there, we're usually fine.
AT me...*sigh* I hate it.

WTF guys...I can't just "up and leave". Its illegal.

And Xsy, thanks. Its the same with me. If we don't talk about its fine. If we do, she cries...

I can't deal with this anymore.

www.myspace.com/xquietxmisfortune

Message me here if anyone wants to talk...it's easier...

I'm so depressed.

And I KNOW I AM...the therapist is on my side though. He thinks being gay doesn't determine personality or is a choice. I CAN'T HELP I LIKE GUYS!! It's not like I can just touch a boob and love it....

I've had thoughts of suicide. That's why I have a therapist.

And we now have a CHRISTIAN councilor. From something called "BETHANY".

I told her up front I felt it was biased. She said she doesn't put her religious views into her work. I hope she's not lying.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Alrighty, I'm going to do something for you people that worked for the Peach boards. Be back in a few minutes. Expect something nice. :3

EDIT: Might take a little bit.

In the mean time, everyone, don't make any rash moves.

bored

Smash Ace
Ethan, I haven't been in your position. But I can only hope its not as contemptuous as your situation is. The only family discrimination I have received were from my cousins. But both of them are just a bunch of drunk low-lifes. I know I'm better.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Here we go.

http://xat.com/LGBTSmashers

A chatbox! Instant messaging into a neat little online package.

Organize gay matches!

Faster then ever homobanter!

No crazy limitations!

Hope you like. :p

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I definitely wouldn't reciprocate violence on my mom if she did such a thing to me. I'd just cut deep with my words. that's far more damaging and she can't do anything about it.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Just reposting because posting at the bottom of a page in a fast moving thread = nothing.

Here we go.

http://xat.com/LGBTSmashers

A chatbox! Instant messaging into a neat little online package.

Organize gay matches!

Faster then ever homobanter!

No crazy limitations!

Hope you like. :p

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
EthanRodgers's real name is Justin? Weird.

Ethan, two more years and you're outta there. Just hold off a little bit longer. :)

Also, edited the first post with the xat. That's a great alternative place for the more ******** conversations that tend to happen here.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
And I KNOW I AM...the therapist is on my side though. He thinks being gay doesn't determine personality or is a choice. I CAN'T HELP I LIKE GUYS!! It's not like I can just touch a boob and love it....

I've had thoughts of suicide. That's why I have a therapist.

And we now have a CHRISTIAN councilor. From something called "BETHANY".

I told her up front I felt it was biased. She said she doesn't put her religious views into her work. I hope she's not lying.
*gives support hug*
at least the therapist is on your side. oh and that christian counselor just oozes bias. lol @ boob touching though.

I definitely wouldn't reciprocate violence on my mom if she did such a thing to me. I'd just cut deep with my words. that's far more damaging and she can't do anything about it.
so honorable........ i say take it to the ring.

EthanRodgers's real name is Justin? Weird.

Ethan, two more years and you're outta there. Just hold off a little bit longer. :)

Also, edited the first post with the xat. That's a great alternative place for the more ******** conversations that tend to happen here.
it is?
*looks at myspace page*
O.o
i was decieved by names.

Smash Master
Lol, just reached post 1100. Symbolic :)

To avoid this post being complete spam, Justin, have you thought about ripping her religious ideals to shreds with reasoned arguments and logic? Why does she hate gays? If you go to hell, what's it to her?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Lol, just reached post 1100. Symbolic :)
You have over 1300 posts. :dizzy:

Did you seriously post over 200 times since this post?

To avoid this post being complete spam, Justin, have you thought about ripping her religious ideals to shreds with reasoned arguments and logic?
I'm thinking that'll probably lead to more blind anger and irrationality. I feel like matters such as this should be handled delicately. Don't go attack dog; be the reasonable one since apparently your (Ethan/Justin) mom won't be.

It may be better to fight fire with fire in this case. If your mom is indeed against your sexual orientation due to religious beliefs, then countering her "though shalt not pork thine same sex" mentality with passages from the bible that would eclipse that notion (I couldn't tell you any off the top of my head, but I know I've seen them) might be useful.

Also, let's try not to start talking down upon religion again. Remember, being gay and being Christian are not mutually exclusive.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
And anyways Pluvia, I seem to remember you having a girlfriend (?) so why should you be digging on guys openly? I imagine it'd be a little wierd for her. I'd never lust over anyone not the same gender as my current boyfriend/girlfriend, it's just insensitive and would maybe make them really insecure and unsure.
She doesn't know. So me lusting over guys would be really weird for her.

I have absolutely no idea how to tell her, so I've decided I wont, I think. I should've told her 2 years ago but I didn't have the bottle to do it.

But anyway I knew I was bi well before I started liking her, I was pretty comfortable with it, but paradoxically I wasn't very comfortable with people knowing.

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
She doesn't know. So me lusting over guys would be really weird for her.

I have absolutely no idea how to tell her, so I've decided I wont, I think. I should've told her 2 years ago but I didn't have the bottle to do it.

But anyway I knew I was bi well before I started liking her, I was pretty comfortable with it, but paradoxically I wasn't very comfortable with people knowing.
Well do you know her views on sexuality? She may be totally fine with it, or could drop the same bombshell on you (has happened to me) :p and hell, at least one of my ex's have been bi and i saw it partially as quite a turn on, and i could completely relate. It's fun to sit together and feel totally fine saying "Ooh he's yummy, and so's she!"

Sometimes it's best just to say it outright, and then deal with anything that comes afterwards. I did that with my parents and they turned out not to be too bothered in the end. And just think, if you don't tell her, it could haunt you forever. I really wish I'd told my other half when we first started dating. The more serious it gets, the worse I feel about lying to him. I'll have to tell him at some point.

But ultimately, it's your choice :)

Dedu

Smash Lord
How the hell do people think being gay is a choice? =/

It still baffles me.
Me too. My parents don't like to talk about it much and when they do it often ends up in emotional tension because all we ever talk about in the house is anything non related to... sex or emotional closeness.

Well do you know her views on sexuality? She may be totally fine with it, or could drop the same bombshell on you (has happened to me)

Sometimes it's best just to say it outright, and then deal with anything that comes afterwards. I did that with my parents and they turned out not to be too bothered in the end. And just think, if you don't tell her, it could haunt you forever. I really wish I'd told my other half when we first started dating. The more serious it gets, the worse I feel about lying to him. I'll have to tell him at some point.
My mother has problems expressing her real emotions and when she tries to, every single time it comes out as a form of anger in one way or another. Its really her only form of expression. And guess what? It would drive most people crazy up the wall.
*sigh* I guess I'm just sick of her outbursts and have stopped talking to her so she doesn't have to get angry at me half the time for anything I do, literally.

I've touched boobs too (when I was younger) and guess what? They're like balls of fat and they've never really turned me on. Every time I look 'down under' I always think... 'where's that dick?'

My parents are fine with my sexuality just not fine with how I go around with it because they believe the straight world is full of married people who have settled down for more than 30 years... "And the gay world hasn't". Yeah that's true in many ways but my parents are like two of the most conventional romantics you'd ever come across - they live in the one house, work together and sleep together.

And they want me to settle down with a partner asap but how else am I gunna find one by just moping around the house, joining Youth Group programs (they'd like me to be in those groups than out at Oxford St) when they obviously cater for straight guys and girls with a Christian religious upbringing etc etc.

hmmm...

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I've been doing pretty well with everyone I've told so far. I crack jokes even.

My uncle seems to still have problems with it though. Recently I did a play where one of the scenes involved a gay misunderstanding and joking about it later he's the one to go:

=__= "I didn't like that part."

And it's always stupid little comments like that. He'll hopefully get over it soon. The rest of my family and friends are amazing and honestly don't care.

ANYWAYS! My Thuper Smash Bros. Event went fantastically. We hooked up a projector, the Xsyvens of our GSA where outside holding their bake sale, while inside we hosted gay themed FFAs for a buck a match. We raked in a good amount of monies.

How many of you have actually played TO? It really is horrendous. :urg:

"Can I play?"
"Is it my turn?"
"I call next match!"
"HEY, my controller's not working!"
"How much is it to enter the tournament?"
*phone is ringing in pocket*

I love it by the end of it all though. We even got hot student teacher guy to come play with us. He continued for a few rounds. :p

cman

Smash Ace
Disclaimer: Don't rage at me Azua. I think it's irrelavent to the discussion whether or not it is a choice, since homosexuality hurts no one.

With that said, some studies have suggested that, for women, sexual orientation may be fluid, meaning that it changes over time. The fluid thing could be construed to mean that it is a choice in women, though it is not necessarily the case.

All of the old opinions that said it is not a choice were based off studies of solely men.

Something from UCLA discussing it: http://www.csw.ucla.edu/Newsletter/Dec06/garnets_peplau.html

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
whether or not it is a choice IS relevent in the sense that. Well, a cripple doesn't chose to be a cripple and, sure most people aren't crippled, but you can't discriminate against someone for something they have no control over so, as a business, you legally HAVE to be handicap acessible.

Smoking, however, IS a choice, so the law does not require that businesses be smoker friendly.

How exactly do you justify proposition 8 or others like it with any sort of logic?

Smash Master
I don't believe in free will, so to me, being crippled is just like being lazy.

The thing is that gay people don't impose any negative externalities on society, so we shouldn't interfere with their lifestyle.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Free will is complicated.

If I believed in God, it would make sense. If want to kill someone, no one could stop me. I'm not saying I want to, because I don't.

AND ITS NOT WIERD XSY! lol

"Justin Casey Ethan Rodgers"

Ha. "justincase you didn't know.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
First. middle. Mother's maiden name, last name?

It's not that long, ever heard a name from a Taiwanese person, each of their names are like 11 letters long.

@Cman:: It's certainly an interesting study, but I don't think it's 100 exact. It sounds rather fishy to me, but then again, I am a guy, and I don't see the world the way women do.

pdk

Smash Lord
whoever bored was, i didn't catch you last time and i'm in there again

this chat is a lot better than i expected, let's liven it up folks

edit: apparently i need to stop neglecting to click on the place again when i shout "I'M HERE," sorry there

Takumaru

Smash Lord
To anwer the very common question "how can people think being gay is a choice" I present to you all, the following (disclaimer: the following is simply an explanation of the very commonly held beliefs of some christian sects and do not, in any way, reflect the views of Takumaru, izumijitakumaru, addtaku, or any of his affiliates.):

The majority (or all...) of the people who say homosexuality is a choice come from a christian back ground. It's commonly taught that homosexuality is a temptation stemming from our naturally fallen nature, and the acting out of that temptation is a sin. Like any other temptation, the urge to indulge in, consider, or live out a homosexual act or life style can be resisted. That being the case, when someone thinks they are gay they are giving into temptation and commiting a sin. It is the choice of the sinner to give into the temptation, thus homosexuality is a choice.

Anyone who does not give you this arguement is saying it because someone else told them it was. That person was probably another in a long chain of people who heard that from another person and the source is ultimately the above arguement.

Disclaimer 2: takumaru, izumijitakumaru, addtaku, and his affiliates in no way, shape, or form renounce and/or condemn the beliefs and practices of christianity. His goal is not to incite and debates about religion, god, jesus, or any related topics. It's just an explanation of why people think homosexuality is a choice.

EDIT: oh hey, I posted without realizing there was another page...

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
They're still saying that argument because someone told them it was.
That someone was just their God.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Hey, names Jake.

I'm not Gay, Bi, Straight, Trans, or any of the above.
No, believe it or not, I have no Mental sexuality. I don't like anyone, period. I don't plan to or want to do so.
Basically, the passion for 'love' (I use the qoutations because it is to show that 'love' can be replaced by your philosophical perspective of 'love') is absent.

Don't get me wrong or anything, it isn't like I don't have any emotions.
Anger, Hate, Happiness, I still feel all of it. But I just cannot feel the whole 'Love' thing.
No sex drive either, some say it is a pity I say you can't lose what you don't have.

I call my mental sexuality A-Sexual, for the roll of sexuality is strictly moral. Which would be Moraliy Bi for me. A-sexuality means that One can reproduce without a partner OR can reproduce with them selves. Lamen terms, the need for a sexuality is absent, it isn't a problem.

I am for any type of mental sexuality, and of course Transgenders. They all are human and have a celebrum, cerebellum, pons, amygdala, heart, a mind. For that I respect them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom