• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Master
The Bible also says eating shrimp will send you to hell. Pick and choose what parts were mistranslated for yourself.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
The Bible also says eating shrimp will send you to hell. Pick and choose what parts were mistranslated for yourself.
uggh.... this is INCREDIBLY hypocritical of me... since I just did it..... but I'd really hate to see this thread turn into a "debate the validity of homosexuality vs. the bible" thread

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
If you want to debate over the bible and homosexuality, there's a thread in the debate hall about it.

Don't shoot me for mentioning this, Xsyven. I was just saying because nobody else had mentioned it.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So I finally came out to my father a few hours ago. He's logical, intelligent, talks kinda like Jackie Chan - he almost didn't care. :D

There, I've told everyone in this house over 12. Yays.

I still have yet to discuss this "therapy" crap with my mom and uncle though...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
So I finally came out to my father a few hours ago. He's logical, intelligent, talks kinda like Jackie Chan - he almost didn't care. :D

*puts up streamers and pumps up "Magnetic Electric" by Kylie Minogue*

^_^ Party for Meno

but seriously... CONGRATZ!!!!!! I'll bet it feels so good right now... a big relief... I wish for the day I could do that...

*continues throwing big gay party*

SPC M. Angseth

Smash Cadet
I'm mostly estranged from my family, with the exception of my biological mother, to whom I am very close. My father is a very uptight and conservative man who tends to categorize, label, and rank everything, so when I told him that I was transgender, he informed me that I was merely going through the throes of youth, and that eventually, I would get better. Since then, I have found myself morally unable to trust him, and because of this, have not spoken with him in a very long time. As for my three siblings, my older sister is the only one old enough to understand the concept, and I have yet to tell her for the sole reason that I'm afraid I might not have a friend in her anymore, and I enjoy her company a great deal.
Most of my time is spent alone; although I do live with my(also transgendered) girlfriend, she works all day and as soon as she comes home, it's dinner, WoW, and sleep for her. The poor dear. She works so hard to put bread on the table. I keep my hands off her bread. The macaroni is for me.

I am gay for De De De

Smash Cadet

Congratulations! You know you have all of our support. :)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

Congrats. Don't really have much else to say that everybody else said, so I'm useless in this situation!

And Xsyven wins best avatar award.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Thank you everybody! Though, this coming out stuff is starting to get creepily easy now...
I'm past the exciting part of it now, it's almost second nature. :p

*puts up streamers and pumps up "Magnetic Electric" by Kylie Minogue*
That may have been the gayest song I've ever heard. Here: http://songza.com/z/5xisof
It's catchy though. :roll:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I stole Azua's avatar, mirrored it, and then it turned into a BRoom theme. They're everywhere. :p
You sneaky *******.

You still win the award, because I don't know who Azua is, so he's obviously not important.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Look up Azua in Las Pictoras. You'll change your mind. ;) Even if you're not into chicks. Seriously-- she's on my "chicks I'd go straight for" list.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Nice hair. In the pics I did see though, to much make-up.

Still pretty though.

bored

Smash Ace
I find it pretty awkward that my best friend is best friends with a gay guy whom I'm only friends with. I would like to have a gay best friend.... just, not him. :(

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I just thought I'd post here that I'm now out to all of my main friends except for one person. He's pretty much hopeless, so I'm not even going to bother with him.

But yes, it's a huge step forward. I no longer have to be anybody but myself when I'm around them. The one friend who I haven't come out to is also pretty much oblivious to everything. One of my other friends was talking about the decision of going and seeing a movie, and it was clear he was talking about me and the other friends and he said "It was one guy versus three girls."

He didn't even give that a second thought, at all. I find that hilarious. Even though he's oblivious he's still a pain sometimes, though. I don't mean that I hate him as a person, he's actually pretty fun to hang out with, it's just he couldn't ever understand and I really just want to be with my friends who do. =/

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I just thought I'd post here that I'm now out to all of my main friends except for one person. He's pretty much hopeless, so I'm not even going to bother with him.

But yes, it's a huge step forward. I no longer have to be anybody but myself when I'm around them. The one friend who I haven't come out to is also pretty much oblivious to everything. One of my other friends was talking about the decision of going and seeing a movie, and it was clear he was talking about me and the other friends and he said "It was one guy versus three girls."

He didn't even give that a second thought, at all. I find that hilarious. Even though he's oblivious he's still a pain sometimes, though. I don't mean that I hate him as a person, he's actually pretty fun to hang out with, it's just he couldn't ever understand and I really just want to be with my friends who do. =/
Whoa, that's HUGE. Maybe I missed something, but last I knew, you had only told one person. So this is some real progress. Congratulations.

It's too bad about the one guy, but some things can't be helped. Good for you though.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Thank you everybody! Though, this coming out stuff is starting to get creepily easy now...
I'm past the exciting part of it now, it's almost second nature. :p

That may have been the gayest song I've ever heard. Here: http://songza.com/z/5xisof
It's catchy though. :roll:
awww... now I need to start doing it... :ohwell: well the catholic friends at school will sadly be where I have to start :chuckle: so we'll se how that goes.

and of COURSE that song is overtly gay.... but it is also awesome... and happens to be magnetic.... AND electric ;)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Whoa, that's HUGE. Maybe I missed something, but last I knew, you had only told one person. So this is some real progress. Congratulations.

It's too bad about the one guy, but some things can't be helped. Good for you though.
Thanks, but I'll have you know I only have a close circle of friends, so I've come out to three of them. XD

It is actually big, though. I expected neither of them to accept me, especially not the third one.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Thanks, but I'll have you know I only have a close circle of friends, so I've come out to three of them. XD

It is actually big, though. I expected neither of them to accept me, especially not the third one.
they do tend to say that you'd be surprised about stuff like that.... they say oftentimes they already suspect.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm sorry, but I don't really understand what you're saying...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'm sorry, but I don't really understand what you're saying...
that's because I'm an idiot at trying to speak

read:
well... from what I hear, your friends tend to be a lot more accepting than you thought they'd be... hell... they might have already known, or at least suspected and still decided to be friends with you on their own

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
They suspected something. Pretty much everyone thinks I'm gay... But it's understandable that they can't see that I'm trans. I don't go to classes with a dress on or anything. XD

xenialshadow

Smash Cadet
Alrighty, i've totally been too busy to keep up with this thread 'cause college just started, but it's really nice to see that people's lives are going pretty well! Go you Bassoonist for coming out to some of your closest friends. It's totally tough 'cause you can never really be sure how anyone's going to react. Like when i came out to one of my best friends a year ago, totally ignored me after. But when i came out to someone who i thought was going to be "ah! you have AIDS now! begone!" they were totally cool with it instead which surprised me. You just can't really know 'till it's out there.

SPC M. Angseth said:
I'm mostly estranged from my family............The macaroni is for me.
That's totally harsh, man. Some parents just totally just go into denial and make up excuses as to why you are the way you are; that it's just a phase or that you only think you are, or satan planted a gay demon inside you (my mom believes in all of the above for my case, no joke). I just let them continue on with their denial. Of course i don't speak with them or tell them anything anymore, but i don't really have a choice but to listen to them as long as i live with them which hopefully doesn't last long. It might take a lot of time (years i'm thinking) until some parents finally accept it. For some it happens really fast, but for others it sometimes never happens. -sigh-

Anywho, i haven't been to a tournament at all for Brawl because of the lack of them here and my inability to drive yet (driver's test on thursday!!! 9/11 dun dun dun) But i was wondering if anyone lived in SoCal to get together and play some Brawl. My internet wi-fi thingy seriously hates me and i lag like prostitute with a hangover so some a friendly against someone who doesn't completely suck (aka my brothers) would be a nice change in my metagame.

SPC M. Angseth

Smash Cadet
That's totally harsh, man. Some parents just totally just go into denial and make up excuses as to why you are the way you are; that it's just a phase or that you only think you are, or satan planted a gay demon inside you (my mom believes in all of the above for my case, no joke). I just let them continue on with their denial. Of course i don't speak with them or tell them anything anymore, but i don't really have a choice but to listen to them as long as i live with them which hopefully doesn't last long. It might take a lot of time (years i'm thinking) until some parents finally accept it. For some it happens really fast, but for others it sometimes never happens. -sigh- .
Well, no one's trying to tell me that Satan planted a gay demon inside me, largely because I'm not a gay man, I'm a transwoman. Next off, my family is pretty much my mother, father, and siblings, so I only have to cut half of them from my life, and I've had a dislike for my father and his 'family 2.0' for some time.
My mother and I had a tumultuous past. Accepting me as a transwoman was not difficult for her, largely due to the fact that following her divorce, all subsequent romantic partners have been women. My mom's gay. We still would butt heads often over the years, but we made peace once she discovered why her little boy was so difficult to deal with. She had to raise a "poor, innocent, tortured little girl who was cursed with the wrong body," or so she says. I agree with that, and since then we've been very close. I love my mother to death, and I always will.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Go you Bassoonist for coming out to some of your closest friends. It's totally tough 'cause you can never really be sure how anyone's going to react. Like when i came out to one of my best friends a year ago, totally ignored me after. But when i came out to someone who i thought was going to be "ah! you have AIDS now! begone!" they were totally cool with it instead which surprised me. You just can't really know 'till it's out there.
Thanks, and it's true there really isn't usually a way of knowing. I don't think most people would be too bothered if I was homosexual, but unfortunately I'm more than that. (in degree of how hard it's going to be for somebody to accept me.)

To be honest I was as scared as could be to come out here, even. I had a huge fear of coming out to anybody at all for a long time. I thought that nobody would ever accept me. When I joined here I was probably under the impression that I would never tell anybody.

But anyways, back to how hard it is to tell. One, well actually, both of the friends I told most recently were really showing signs that they would not be accepting. They made jokes about "******'s" often and we even managed to have arguments over it and bringing up another guy we know that said he felt like a woman on the inside. They never had positive reactions towards that.

Apparently they were all just that, jokes. o_O Plus all of them were in the presence of the other guy that is no hope at all really. In fact he brought up another story about one of his coworkers being transgendered,. that did not go over well at all.

But perhaps it was all just them trying to not start any real argument with him.

I do know for sure that him, and another guy that I know who said "All gays should be sent to an island." would never be accepting. I just can't figure out who would be outside of my circle of friends. =/

Shanky

Smash Cadet
First off, I love this thread and I'm so glad that it's back. *still has to go back and read the last 4 or 5 pages or so*

I guess I can contribute my "story" to this thread....I came out earlier this year (at 19), and I was extremely lucky. Every single one of my friends has been very supportive, including my straight best friend, as well as my family, although my Dad did say he "felt sad" for me and we haven't really been talking much since I told him. But that's mostly my fault, not his. It helps that I'm in college (I would never have come out in high school, too much bigotry) and I don't live at home (and haven't for two years).

I also met a guy, and we've been dating for about a month now. If you had told me at the beginning of the year that I would meet a guy and be dating one I would've laughed in your face. But I'm really glad that I did come out, because otherwise I wouldn't be. :)

I guess the point behind this story is that not every coming out story is tragic (a lot of the ones in this thread are, I never realized how lucky I was to be raised in a secular environment and that my family isn't religious) and for you younger peeps, things will get better. It's always going to be tough when you're a teenager.

xenialshadow

Smash Cadet
Shanky said:
I would never have come out in high school, too much bigotry) and I don't live at home (and haven't for two years).
Where is everyone from? I'm smack dab in LA, California so homosexuality is kinda more accepted here than other places (we can get married here now!) so i've been out in highschool since 10th grade. My parents found out during my senior year in high school (i'm a freshman in college now, yay being legal!). They weren't as accepting as everyone else in my school 'cause they're incredibly religious Christians so i was living at friends' homes for a few months (i had to miss my prom 'cause of that -sigh-) but they finally took me back in but things aren't really the same as they once were. Oh they found out by going through my thing and they found a backpack i had hidden that was exclusively filled with gay neccessities like condoms, lube, kama sutra, etc. But yeah, i'm living at home now until i have enough money to move out.

And congratz on being with a guy for a month now, Shanky! ^__^ I'm so awful, i can't hold down a relationship for that long. My love life just consists of random hook-ups and casual dating but i've been wanting somethin' a little more lately. But when i TRY to be serious with a guy, my hormones end up taking over and just...yeah, i dunno how much can be said on this thread. i don't think i'm even allowed to curse here o_O;;

Shanky

Smash Cadet
Where is everyone from? I'm smack dab in LA, California so homosexuality is kinda more accepted here than other places (we can get married here now!) so i've been out in highschool since 10th grade. My parents found out during my senior year in high school (i'm a freshman in college now, yay being legal!). They weren't as accepting as everyone else in my school 'cause they're incredibly religious Christians so i was living at friends' homes for a few months (i had to miss my prom 'cause of that -sigh-) but they finally took me back in but things aren't really the same as they once were. Oh they found out by going through my thing and they found a backpack i had hidden that was exclusively filled with gay neccessities like condoms, lube, kama sutra, etc. But yeah, i'm living at home now until i have enough money to move out.

And congratz on being with a guy for a month now, Shanky! ^__^ I'm so awful, i can't hold down a relationship for that long. My love life just consists of random hook-ups and casual dating but i've been wanting somethin' a little more lately. But when i TRY to be serious with a guy, my hormones end up taking over and just...yeah, i dunno how much can be said on this thread. i don't think i'm even allowed to curse here o_O;;
I'm from Tucson, Arizona...which is a fairly liberal city in an otherwise conservative state, but it's nothing like the Bible Belt or anything. What I meant was, high school is not really the most accepting environment lol. People aren't exactly mature at that age.
But thanks! Here's to it lasting a whole lot longer :) But that does suck, what with you having to live with a friend for a while...Ugh. I feel bad for trashing organized religion and Christianity in general so much but gee do they make it easy for us to do so :ohwell:

And I hope you "settle down" soon haha. Sometimes my boyfriend worries that I didn't go through the whole promiscuous phase, when someone comes out he calls it their "15 minutes of fame" where they try everything and hook up a lot...but really that's not me. I'd much rather have a meaningful relationship.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
St. George, UT. Small desert town full of Mormons that judge you as a sinner for drinking coffee. You can guess how they treat homos. =/

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Hola compadres!! I have a lot of things to tell all of you. It's been an exciting summer for me. My first task at being a liberal activist and mission success!! I saved my library from being shut down (until they have finished making the new library that they never delivered years ago). XD Also, I'm back IN school and it's so exciting. I'm now in regular high school after getting sick of independent study (which I did the last year and a half). It's a unique learning experience, since its full of people from the ghetto, but I rather take them than boring loneliness anyday. (My classes are: English AP, Psychology AP, US History AP, Computer Programming & Design, Pre-Calculus AP, and Multicultural Literature - I've already taken British literature so this was the biggest step up from that subject XD) I've been making so many new friends from this summer and it continues on. I went to my first "coming out" meeting at my city's LBGT center. Unfortunately... it was for closeted adults. You won't believe the soap drama stories I heard. :| Apparently, the coming out meeting is for meeting new people. I wanted to meet people my age, not people twice my age still in the closet. The guy who told me about the meeting (I'm sad to say) played a practical joke on my expense since I'm a newbie when it comes to all of this stuff. (I'll get him back - LBGT people never forget people they want vindication on. ;) Anyway, I found the right demographic group for me to hang out with after that bizarre experience and the people are amazing. Most flamboyant for my taste, but what can I say, good people are extremely hard to find. And I'm not planning to lose these fellas and butch dykes. XD *Can I say that here... the girl I met said it's cool to say that so I don't know what to really think...*

To Xenialshadow: O well...anyway, I live in Long Beach, California. That's nearby Los Angeles. Look me up dude! What school do you go to? If your looking for a brawl, I have to pass though. I'm swamped with homework and work and volunteering. :( But if you want to catch a latte, I'm game. My dad's friend bought the last independent theatre in this city and the cafe he owns is amazing [well my friend told me anyway].

To Bassonist & SPC M. Angseth: I admire both of you and your stories. Takes some balls/ovaries to say what both of you have been sharing with us.

To Shanky: It's good to have you back and yep, my life so far hasn't been tragic. I'm still crossing my fingers everyday. Life is unpredictable after all.

To Hedgedawg: You've really come out of your shell since we first talked to you. I'm really happy.

I have a lot more to say but I have to get back to my paper due this week. Live long my friends!!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
St. George, UT. Small desert town full of Mormons that judge you as a sinner for drinking coffee. You can guess how they treat homos. =/
I live in south eastern ohio... which is... the redneck part of ohio... and my mom and her whole family came from a town almost entirely populated by Catholic immigrants from Slovakia.... yeah... NOT so condusive to...... me. But I guess I grew up in a city... albeit a small one, so it isn;t AWFUL how they treat us..... just.... bad.

xenialshadow

Smash Cadet
Ouch, that's harsh, man. Are you plannin' on movin' once you can? I just think that it's more liberating being in a place where being gay is more acceptable (San Fransisco!!!)

lumberheartwood said:
To Xenialshadow: O well...anyway, I live in Long Beach, California. That's nearby Los Angeles. Look me up dude! What school do you go to? If your looking for a brawl, I have to pass though. I'm swamped with homework and work and volunteering. But if you want to catch a latte, I'm game. My dad's friend bought the last independent theatre in this city and the cafe he owns is amazing [well my friend told me anyway].
I just started at Pierce Community College right now and planning on transferring to a UC later to save money since i don't have a job YET. I'm getting traning right now to become a Phlebotomist (person who takes out your blood, muwahahahaha -sexy vampire-). Sucky that no brawl =[ But i'm down for a latte. I'm gettin' my license on 9/11 (dun dun dun) so i'll FINALLY be able to drive legally. Just hit me up on aim or here whenever you wanna do it ^__^

Most flamboyant for my taste, but what can I say, good people are extremely hard to find. And I'm not planning to lose these fellas and butch dykes. XD *Can I say that here... the girl I met said it's cool to say that so I don't know what to really think...*
I think we're allowed to say it but not here? I'm not sure about the rules here... but being gay gives us the amazing advantage of calling people *****, ***, *****, and etc without much consequence. Not to mention we're just amazing in general xD

Shanky said:
And I hope you "settle down" soon haha. Sometimes my boyfriend worries that I didn't go through the whole promiscuous phase, when someone comes out he calls it their "15 minutes of fame" where they try everything and hook up a lot...but really that's not me. I'd much rather have a meaningful relationship.
God i write alot. i would totally prefer a meaningful relationship and i really do want to settle down. I just haven't really found the right guy. Then again, i don't really give guys that much of a chance either 'cause after i do the deed with them, i'm usually done with them and move on. -sigh- i'm awful, i know. i'm really trying to fix that about myself. But i also don't want to just abstain completely from guys 'cause, well, i'm a teenage boy and i have needs. i shall find a balance! I SHALL!

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I'm from Panama which is in Central America... latinos tend to be very unaccepting towards homos, dunno why.
I live in the capital however, so it's a bit less... bad here, though it's pretty darn hard. I'm planning on moving to the north for/after college, so I'm just trying to keep a low profile for now, so it's all good... well, it sucks, but I just tell myself it's all good ¬¬

And I pretty much freak out the guy I like... meh. I'll meet someone else... besides he is too pretty for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom