• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPC M. Angseth

Smash Cadet
How did you get around to using the name "Lobelia" in the first place?
It's a reference to an anime called Ouran High School Host Club. Within the series, there was a trio of female supremacist lesbians that came from Lobelia Girls' Academy. I was at the time(and still am, to an extent) a female supremacist, and so the name stuck with me. I think, however, that "SPC M. Angseth" works better because of the very obscure Metroid Prime reference.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I think, however, that "SPC M. Angseth" works better because of the very obscure Metroid Prime reference.
I got that reference. She was the only trooper out of the entire squad that thought Samus was a real person, not to mention the only woman. :p

Also, Meno, have you considered being up front about how you feel about therapy? You should tell them.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
okay this took place two weekends ago:

okay... I guess it didn't start out fantastic. I mean I got hung up by work, home, bad drivers and construction... so even with MASSIVE speeding (think double the posted speed limit in some places) I still was 1/2 hour late
Luckily, Adam (the guy I was visiting this weekend) was running late cooking, and I called ahead to let him know, so he was JUST finishing up dinner when I got there. I was interrupted by a phonecall from my mom, but the we proceded to hug and jump around like little schoolgirls. The food he made was FANTASTIC. then a mutual friend came over and we went to Dave and Busters, which is essentially a GIANT arcade for young adults. I got to kick *** at a few games which was sweet, and won the most prize tickets of all of us ^_^ so we pooled our tickets and bought a purple stuffed dragon ^_^ but yeah... we did that until, like, one o'clock then got back home... smashed for a while and then......... <_< his jealous ex-boyfriend came over. He was acting like I wanted inside Adam's pants like Russia had decided to start a nuclear holocaust and Adam's pants were the last fallout shelter available. <_< He inserted himself into the game of smash which caused made Eric (the mutual friend) awkwardly leave. This was all after recieving the text "DON'T come over" from Adam. Luckily, he's not a BAD guy... just really jealous... so it wasn't awful.... just not ideal

so yeah.. he spent the night... I woke up next morning an hour before anyone else... I hate when that happens. But yeah, so Adam made us breakfast... which I was the only one who seemed to eat since his exBF was far to emo to enjoy food <_<. Then his ex started trying to insinuate that they had had a... errr.... "happy" time the night before with "*Stretch* I didn't get ANY sleep last night"... to which I responded with a judging glare at adam <_<... but he defended himself saying "WHAT!?! Don't look at me, I went right to sleep last night"... and THEN the ex decided it'd be fun to try to make me CONVINCED that I was going to be beaten up the club I was planning to go to that night... though he failed since he underestimated my amount of chill. But whatever to that... once the little drama queen left, we left and went shopping for a few hours. which was AWESOME... the shopping centre had a GIANT chessboard so Adam and I played chess on it, which was fun. Did a bit o' shopping. I didn't notice... because I don't notice these things, but Adam said one or both of us were getting checked out by the staff at every store we went to... which is believeable since the mall's shops had to have at least a 75% homosexuality rate in their employees. Next, We watched the new batman movie... which was (THREE HOURS LONG) O.O (Kevin jealously texted him the ENTIRE MOVIE) then we got some drinks from a cafe and finished up our shopping trip
we got back home... killed some time and then got ready to go clubbing, where I discovered.... I'D FORGOTTEN MY PANTS AT HOME!!!! O.O so... let's see... Adam shoved. me into a pair of his... but he's thinner than I am by a little bit.... so it was a touch snug which was a flattering cut, don't get me wrong, but had some downsides as far as comfort was concerned umm...
So, I guess, if you WANT to be techincal, I DID get into Adam's pants.... and they made my *** look FANTASTIC ^.^ (sidenote: wittiness :D )

so we went to the club... but got there early. so we decided to wander around clevelend to find a quick bite to eat.... and somehow decided the quickest, smallest, most cost effective meal we could eat.... would probably be found at a nearby four star restaraunt <_< we'd heard good things about it though, so I mean, we went. When the hostest asked what brought us there, Adam honestly said that we tried to go to a club but were to early, and when she inquired where, he honestly responded "Bounce" which the hostess was completely familiar with... she thusly automatically assumed we were a gay couple, commented on how shocked she was because we looked so young, and sat us in a romantic little window seet <_< but it was all good, because she also thought we were so cute together that she had the kitchen send us another course, compliments of the house ^_^ so yeah... we got done there drove over to Bounce and went in. the staff remembered us from when we arrived early, and waived our cover charge... which was sweet. seems that night they had a Drag show scheduled... but it didn't start for about an hour and a half... so we killed time with traditional clubing activities (sans drinking of course, due to our ages.) and when the show was about to start, we got a little booth and watched that... it was quite entertaining... there were some who were FREAKISHLY non-male.... like... I'm covinced the finest skinsuits man has to offer or some sort of surgery was performed to get these guys looking the way they did but they were really into it that lasted for QUITE some time... even so... no one could have been more convincing than the M>F transsexual that randomly popped up on stage... I was floored I'd have NEVER guessed.... But anyway, it ended and after it was over... we didn't stay a WHOLE lot longer to dance... I mean, everyone was itching to dance by the time the show was over, so space was at a premium and, once again, I didn't get checked out a whole lot becasue it was autmatically assumed Adam and I were a couple. still we enjoyed ourselves while we were there.... but I mean... I can't think of anything more specific to report about that. Umm... we tried to meat up with one of his friends... who, like him, is a homo hebrew, but she got held up.... and then there was a whole fiasco with the police when we were leaving (it wasn't in a good part of town) so we just booked it outta there when that started to go down. we didn't get back until, like, 2:00 AM, and, by then, his ex-boyfriend had already sent him over 25 messages saying that he didn't care WHAT Adam said, he was coming over AGAIN, tonight.... <_<. and it included the lovely disclaimer (and keep your hands to yourselves) I was ready to BEAT THAT ***** DOWN!!! You don't even know me, and you assume I'm a nasty dirty man ***** <_< so yeah... he came over at like 4:00 AM, when I was already down the road to sleepytown and left at like 10:00 before I woke up... so it wasn't so bad for me... just Adam.

and then sunday... other than appologizing to God for skipping church because I went to a gay bar (I'm pretty sure he was cool about it though... I mean, I kept my hands to myself and didn't partake in any liquor whatsoever), we didn't do much went to a chocolate shop, where I picked up some mint, coconut and chocolate malted milk balls and then picked up some friends and spent the day hanging out, and smashing, there will ALWAYS be smashing. And that was actually pretty good, because these were ridic good smashers... I'm pretty sure they USED to be pro back in melee day, but they aren't yet pros in brawl... they were still quite talented though. One or two of them were CLEARLY better than me, but that didn't stop me from winning my fair share of games... and sometimes with horrible chatcters :lol:

cwm123

Smash Cadet
So my name is Corey, I'm 16 years old, an early college student, and out of the closet as of last year. Since I have come out of the closet, my mom has more than accepted me, she's my best friend! My dad and everybody else in my family (with the exception of my "good Christian" alcoholic aunt, who just bites her tongue about the subject) are accepting as well. To those of you who haven't come out yet, you must do it! I was in the closet too long, and I mean it when I say that it can kill you. I hated myself, stopped eating, and had a good cry at least once a day! Maybe some people can just hold it in better than me, though.

I have a question: does homophobia seriously offend you? I am probably a little more sensitive than other people, but hearing people excessively use the words "gay" "homo" and "***" do get to me. This however REALLY makes me angry!! http://news.yahoo.com/story//ap/20080825/ap_on_re_us/gay_foster_ban

Separation of church and state is imaginary. Go "good Christians!"

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
@cwm123
homophobias not disappearing anytime soon. same thing with racism. homophobia is very annoying but i can bear it for now.
Edit: also don't you find it strange how gay people have been around about just as long as people have yet its a big issue as of late think the aids epedemic? japan and europe have far more acceptance towards gays than the US, which is supposed to be a free country.

at least you have a very accepting family, w/o the aunt, lol. im 20 and still well into the closet. i have more reason to stay in cause coming out would mean shattering my family even worse than my aunts death did. i doubt i'd have any "friendly" family members left. and i don't really have any friends either.

@sonic
nice story lol. D&B ftw

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
at least you have a very accepting family, w/o the aunt, lol. im 20 and still well into the closet. i have more reason to stay in cause coming out would mean shattering my family even worse than my aunts death did. i doubt i'd have any "friendly" family members left. and i don't really have any friends either.

@sonic
nice story lol. D&B ftw
I understand that... 50% of my family including my mother are Uber catholics who hate on gays any time they see someone who even MIGHT be gay... it's sickening really... I get on her for it all the time... I don't CARE that your fater was racist, cheuvanistic and all around discriminatory.. that doesn't excuse the stupid comments you make... but that's just me... as for my dad's side of the family... they are MUCH more likely to accept a homosexual... actually... some family members are liberal enough t PREFER you if you are homosexual... lol... but the rest are kinda hesitent... but at least not hateful

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
again don't ya just love christians? although it makes me wonder why some gays hold onto a religion despite them mostly being anti-gay. some people make stupid comments b/c they're probably only knoledgeble somewhat on one side of the topic so they believe they no it all despite knowing <50%. they just need to be jousted off their high horses

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
again don't ya just love christians? although it makes me wonder why some gays hold onto a religion despite them mostly being anti-gay. some people make stupid comments b/c they're probably only knoledgeble somewhat on one side of the topic so they believe they no it all despite knowing <50%. they just need to be jousted off their high horses
Well I for one, am a devout Catholic... the diference is. I cling to the central teachings of my religion: Peace, Love, Forgiveness.. all that jazz.

If one of the other "beliefs" that we are taught somehow violates one of the core teachings in my eyes... then I disreagard it...

and hatin' on homosexuals DOES violate the core beliefs of Christianity IMO.... but I digress... the two are not mutually exclusive... end of point.

(and yes... I still call myself a catholic because I participate in all of our traditions and agree with them for the most part... it's only some of our stances on modern issues that I find just plain wrong.... but, then again... I think the Bible backs me up... so I just count myself as a better catholic than most others.)

arrowhead

Smash Ace
and hatin' on homosexuals DOES violate the core beliefs of Christianity IMO.... but I digress... the two are not mutually exclusive... end of point.
the bible says it's okay to hate on gay people, but then it tells us to love and forgive... :urg:

Well I for one, am a devout Catholic... the diference is. I cling to the central teachings of my religion: Peace, Love, Forgiveness.. all that jazz.

If one of the other "beliefs" that we are taught somehow violates one of the core teachings in my eyes... then I disreagard it...
but then you're not really catholic. you have your own ideas and you stick with them. it just so happens that some of them overlap with christianity, but if you start picking and choosing what part of a religion to follow, you're not really following the religion; you're following your own ideas.

but back to more on topic, my straight roommate says he loves gay people :D

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
So my name is Corey, I'm 16 years old, an early college student, and out of the closet as of last year. Since I have come out of the closet, my mom has more than accepted me, she's my best friend! My dad and everybody else in my family (with the exception of my "good Christian" alcoholic aunt, who just bites her tongue about the subject) are accepting as well. To those of you who haven't come out yet, you must do it! I was in the closet too long, and I mean it when I say that it can kill you. I hated myself, stopped eating, and had a good cry at least once a day! Maybe some people can just hold it in better than me, though.

I have a question: does homophobia seriously offend you? I am probably a little more sensitive than other people, but hearing people excessively use the words "gay" "homo" and "***" do get to me. This however REALLY makes me angry!! http://news.yahoo.com/story//ap/20080825/ap_on_re_us/gay_foster_ban

Ya. I don't think so.

My mother just said this yesterday. "I hate ***gets."

I get so upset everytime she says that.

We were at a Starbucks when she said it. She saw a teen dressed like an emo-punk... and said "He looks like a ***get."

I hate my mom.

I tried to tell her once. She said it was her "worst nightmare come true."

I am so moving back to Utah when I'm 18.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
that bible also says slaves obey your masters, don't work on sunday, etc but people contradit it anyway i bet someone wrote hate gays in there just cause they did.

on topic: the first person i told seemed ok with it, but he also asked me alot of straight guys questions more frequently from then on and im like "why are you asking a queen for relationship advice?" (especially since i've never had a bf/gf) He says hes ok with gays too but thinks lesbianism is a faze, classic straight guy thinking, he has no comment on trans people.

Edit: @ Ethan
i love your sig Sophitia is my fav SC character. too bad in 4 she turned bad, and has a poor outfit. :(

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
To those of you who haven't come out yet, you must do it! I was in the closet too long, and I mean it when I say that it can kill you.
I don't think it's wise to advise people to come out of the closet at all costs. Being out of the closet, in a loving environment (such as yours) is much better than being in the closet, yes. But unfortunately, most of the posters in here who are still closeted seem to be so for good reason.

I have a question: does homophobia seriously offend you? I am probably a little more sensitive than other people, but hearing people excessively use the words "gay" "homo" and "***" do get to me.
I'm kind of the opposite. Hearing people call things "gay" doesn't bother me. Which is probably because I know that all the people around me who say it don't mean anything malicious by it. It's just how our language has developed (odd as it may be).

That said, I don't call things "gay" because I think there are about a hundred other words I could use to better describe what I'm referring to (unless it's that shirt at Hot Topic with a rainbow on it and the word "RECRUITER" underneath—that's pretty gay).

It's pretty tough to use the word "***" without being offensive though.

This however REALLY makes me angry!! http://news.yahoo.com/story//ap/20080825/ap_on_re_us/gay_foster_ban

This has always confused me. What illegal substance must one smoke in order to be under the delusion that the only prerequisite necessary for child rearing is "make sure your partner's equipment is different from yours"? How is that the "gold standard"?

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Ya, well.

I don't really care. As long as I'm away from her. Besides, there's bound to be someone around.

And thanks for the info, Xsy.

bored

Smash Ace
I still haven't told anyone that I'm bisexual yet. :/

Not like it should matter anyways.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
the bible says it's okay to hate on gay people, but then it tells us to love and forgive... :urg:

but then you're not really catholic. you have your own ideas and you stick with them. it just so happens that some of them overlap with christianity, but if you start picking and choosing what part of a religion to follow, you're not really following the religion; you're following your own ideas.

but back to more on topic, my straight roommate says he loves gay people :D
Wrong answer.

It does not say anything towards gay people, besides Noah's.

You know, where he turned Noah's wife into a pillar of salt?

And Mr. Ricki wants me back...what should I do?

bored

Smash Ace
Wrong answer.

It does not say anything towards gay people, besides Noah's.

You know, where he turned Noah's wife into a pillar of salt?

And Mr. Ricki wants me back...what should I do?
You mean Lot, right?

When it comes to Christianity I find it hard to believe that God would see as us an abomination. I mean, he created us, right?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Supposedly, he made us to procreate with women. Free will allows us to sin, like when we pork other dudes. ;)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Supposedly, he made us to procreate with women. Free will allows us to sin, like when we pork other dudes. ;)
the way I see it, Love is the most beautiful gift that God ever gave us... so how the hell could it be wrong? I mean... if you fall in love with a man... so be it... the world is overpopulated anyway... so what if you can't procreate? I mean.. I think it's MORE of a sin to live a lie.

God made all of us beautiful creatures in his image... so... if he made you love your own gender, then that's what he did. Don't look for rhyme or reason that's the way it is... And what God wants you to do essentially is to live the best life you can with the gifts you are given... try to make the lives of others as good as possible...all that jazz.... the thing is, if he made you gay... and you are repulsed by it... then aren't you just spitting on the gift given to you by God? I mean if you don't love yourself.... well that's just an awful thing.

(sorry if any aetheists here find that non-applicable.. it should still be appreciatable (new word FTW))

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
sometimes its possible to get to the point where you cannot recognize your own face in a picture or mirror. :(

and yes the bible does say that line. but then we can just lie with men another way so not abomination done. >__>

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
So, I'm 16, gay, still in the closet too.
I hate my school because of people. And see, I'm not trying to brag, but I do have a "rep", and I like it. But it anyone found out, I'd be ruined, and my mom is a Christian, and I tried to tell her once: she completly ignored me. Pretended like it never happened.

That's great, Giga! Maybe if I'm passing through, we can hang. We actually might be moving back to Utah. I miss it so much.
lol... like whaaat? o_0

ethan, I always though you were a female since I looked at your profile and it said you had interest in guys, hmm.. well this says alot, anyway after this shocking discovery, I would love to hang around with you sometime, but when exactly are you going back to Utah? :)

bored

Smash Ace
Wasn't slavery in the Bible as well? I sometimes think that the Bible might have been altered.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I'm straight (that needed to be said for anyone reading through all my posts >.>)

Wasn't slavery in the Bible as well? I sometimes think that the Bible might have been altered.
lol. I don't think slavery is inherently bad. *flame shield* I think that its easily abused without some type of restrictions (and there never has been any). The bible does suggest the proper way to treat a slave and it isn't beat the living **** out of him for no particular reason.

On topic:
I really wonder about how the bible deals with gays. I looked out of curiosity and say nothing huge or specific. The only thing I saw was that you shouldn't keep a ..... something.... I forget the word, but it was essentially a boy you keep as a servant mainly for sex(you are implied to be male). <--- There are so many things that are wrong with that aside from the gay part anyway.

I remember the word now: catamite.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
bisexuals are aholes. why are they even part of the lgbt group?
Because without them, it would just be "LGT", which sounds like a company that makes home appliances.

They are an invaluable part of maintaining our feng shui.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
If by "legit" you mean "devil worshippers", then yes >: (

I'm not gay, but Xsyven keeps telling me I am, so I figure that gives me enough credentials to post here

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
but if you try to say LGT as a word, it sounds like "legit". and we ARE!
Touché. But wouldn't you rather be... "Legibit?"

No, wait. Instead of getting this thread closed with spam, I'll contribute something.

Hi! I'm Graeme (pronounced like the cracker of a completely different spelling). I'm gay, I live in Michigan, I'm out of the closet to my friends and the only reason I'm not out to my family is more out of laziness and a desire to avoid an awkward conversation than anything else. I'm sure my mom and sis would be completely supportive of me—I just don't want the whole "Oh...are ya sure?" conversation just yet.

Which, from what I can tell, makes me luckier than most of the people in this thread.

P.S. I lurked in KingReMo's thread a fair bit (the last thread of this nature), but didn't post much. This thread will probably endure similar treatment, so don't get too attached to seeing me. I know it'll be tough.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Touché. But wouldn't you rather be... "Legibit?"

No, wait. Instead of getting this thread closed with spam, I'll contribute something.

Hi! I'm Graeme (pronounced like the cracker of a completely different spelling). I'm gay, I live in Michigan, I'm out of the closet to my friends and the only reason I'm not out to my family is more out of laziness and a desire to avoid an awkward conversation than anything else. I'm sure my mom and sis would be completely supportive of me—I just don't want the whole "Oh...are ya sure?" conversation just yet.

Which, from what I can tell, makes me luckier than most of the people in this thread.

P.S. I lurked in KingReMo's thread a fair bit (the last thread of this nature), but didn't post much. This thread will probably endure similar treatment, so don't get too attached to seeing me. I know it'll be tough.
:o.... never thought I'd see you here. I had no idea you were gay...

anyhow.. In real life I'm out to... hmmm.... one friend.... I explained why that is I think... friends AND family are both anti-gay for the most part... friends are more likely to accept me... but considering I had a massive crush on my BF/Roommate... I REALLY wanna avoid the awkward of coming out to him... or my other friends.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
:o.... never thought I'd see you here. I had no idea you were gay...

anyhow.. In real life I'm out to... hmmm.... one friend.... I explained why that is I think... friends AND family are both anti-gay for the most part... friends are more likely to accept me... but considering I had a massive crush on my BF/Roommate... I REALLY wanna avoid the awkward of coming out to him... or my other friends.
It's a small, gay world, Dawg. :)

I know how the crush on your best friend thing goes. I imagine that's pretty awkward no matter what orientation either party involved is.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Dude, you never know. My gay best friend had a huge crush on me before I came out of the closet. We dated for ten months after. :)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Well my roomate isn't gay... at least I don't think so... his fear of gayness would cause me to be GREATLY surprised if that were the case.
It's a small, gay world, Dawg. :)

I know how the crush on your best friend thing goes. I imagine that's pretty awkward no matter what orientation either party involved is.
yeah I suppose it is... but it's tastefully deccorated at least..

... and this best friend... is a SUPER catholic... at least as much as my mother... I don't think I could cope with his rejection very well (not of a relationship... I accepted that and moved on) but rather of him not accepting who I am... it's strain our friendship immensly.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
lol... like whaaat? o_0

ethan, I always though you were a female since I looked at your profile and it said you had interest in guys, hmm.. well this says alot, anyway after this shocking discovery, I would love to hang around with you sometime, but when exactly are you going back to Utah? :)
Hah. Ya. I'm a guy....lol
and soon enough.

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them."

:(

oh and btw, omniscience and free will cannot coexist

Great. Now I feel horrible.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Great. Now I feel horrible.
oh don't. that ol book is full of things. besides if their "God" didn't want gay people around then why are we still here anyway?:dizzy: i mean he could just snap his fingers and we all go poof so why doesn't s/he?

reason: the world would be black and white and the word "fashion" would have no defenition. :chuckle: among other things.....

on topic does anyone here watch LOGO regularly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom