• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Since the other thread got way off topic, I decided to make a new one.

WELCOME!

This thread is dedicated to gay people. To talk about coming out, etc. Just to help those in trouble...(it certainly helped me)

But, there are some rules.

1. Don't hate. I don't care who you are, what you do, or what color your socks are, Do Not hate. Don't tease, make fun, etc. Be mature, okay?

2. Stay On Topic! The last thread like this was closed for being completly and utterly off topic. Don't post something off topic at all. If it's related to your on topic comment, by all means go ahead.

3.Keep it clean! Do not go to far with things. If you have "encounters", please, keep them to yourself, hmm?

4. NO RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION! Everyone has different beliefs, and telling other people how to live and believe is not what this thread is for.

And...that's all, folks. Just remember the rules, and everything with work out!

Cheers!

Ethan :]

Xsyven Edit:
Seriously guys, tangents cannot stray too far from the topic this time. Offenders will be infracted-- I'll be infracting users for spam instead of closing the topic this time around, so seriously,follow the rules. If you find yourself being infracted a bit too much, it's probably best to keep to the LGBT usergroup

OR THE NEW CHAT (Thanks, Meno)

http://xat.com/LGBTSmashers

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm fine with this being open, but that's just me-- if Matt, Hiemie, Crimson King, or any other mods feel like this shouldn't be here, I give them full permission to close it.

If they decide to keep it open, I will infract the slightest spam, off topic, random behavior. If you don't like me being such a stickler, search for the LGBT usergroup. Meanwhile, ethan, if I may have your opinion, can I edit your first post and change the rules up a bit?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Might want to edit the thread title to LGBT Smashers, Ethan.

Hi, I'm Serris! 15 years old, gay, and living in Massachusetts. First realized I am the way I am in sixth grade. I've only really come out to one person so far, but it felt like someone lifted an 18-wheeler truck off my chest. Nothing too special.

Hope to see some interesting discussion in here! I also hope it doesn't degenerate into spam like last time...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I have yet to meet a gay smasher, but I do plan on meeting one soon, don't take me the wrong way, I do not like gays, I just enjoy beeing around them since they tend to have a calm, friendly attitude which i've always liked.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't close any of the others, why would I close this one. Just stay on topic, I'm sure Xsyven's got this.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I'm fine with this being open, but that's just me-- if Matt, Hiemie, Crimson King, or any other mods feel like this shouldn't be here, I give them full permission to close it.

If they decide to keep it open, I will infract the slightest spam, off topic, random behavior. If you don't like me being such a stickler, search for the LGBT usergroup. Meanwhile, ethan, if I may have your opinion, can I edit your first post and change the rules up a bit?
Sure! I'm glad you asked me that, but I'm sorry my rules are not well-thought out. I really am.

I'm respected!

:) New Best Friend!

So, I'm 16, gay, still in the closet too.
I hate my school because of people. And see, I'm not trying to brag, but I do have a "rep", and I like it. But it anyone found out, I'd be ruined, and my mom is a Christian, and I tried to tell her once: she completly ignored me. Pretended like it never happened.

That's great, Giga! Maybe if I'm passing through, we can hang. We actually might be moving back to Utah. I miss it so much.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
What part of Utah are you moving to, Ethan?

I live in Southern Utah, one of the most Mormony places of all time. It's not too bad being openly gay here, mostly because people don't get the vibe from me-- so the subject never comes up. I'm not one to go around puking rainbows, because I don't see the point.

Anyway, I came out of the closet earlier this year, had a boyfriend of 10 months, and we recently just broke up. He's still my best friend, and I'm really having a hard time getting over him-- but I'm hoping time'll take care of that.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
My hometown of course. St. George!

You know, I wish I were you. You have basically everything going for you. You really good looking, theater/actor, had a bf, etc.

I'm all of those things, except a couple things.

I'm not great looking.

I can't have any guy I want.

Etc...

I do love theater and acting, though. I actually might be in a movie! (but that's off topic, so PM me anyone who wants to know.)

I feel really great. And then I see people like you. Perfect. And my self esteem drops 20 points.

Look, I'm not saying YOU, so don't feel bad, and I hope I haven't upset you, and hope we can still be friends(idk even if we are, wtf? :]). I'm just being honest and felt like I needed to say it.

I just don't want to live w/ my mom anymore. She hates gays. She's the whole "Christian" thing, and I am too, but I'm still caught in the middle. I hate school, b/c I have to lie.

I've only had on boyfriend, Chad. He was great. A thespian too! (Xsyven, you Had BETTER know what that means. :] ) Anyway, I lied to my mom and said I was staying at a friends, and went with him. We saw "Noises Off", a great comedy play, ate at Applebee's, and watched "I Love Lucy" reruns.

I feel asleep next to the couch, awakened by him stroking my arm with his fingertip. It was 5:23 am. Then he kissed me. For ten minutes. Took me home at 3, never saw him again.

He was the best I'd ever get.

I'm sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

Please don't hate me, Xsy.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm far from perfect, Ethan. Everyone has their own thing-- don't envy others', if you can't love your own.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
But how can I not envy you-or anyone else-whose life is better than mine.

And how can I love myself? Seriously?

I don't have a thing.

I guess I'm just throwing a pitty party.

Sorry.

So, I met a guy, right? Ricki. He was great. Smart, funny, cute.

He decided to date someone else yesterday, because I'm a year older.

"He said he had to find himself. I didn't have the guts to tell him-he isn't worth looking for."

Smash Master
What's the standard protocol for meeting potential partners? It's not like I can go up to another dude, meet them, tell them I like their spirit (whatever that means), and ask them out.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Wow. I didn't think another topic like this was ever going to be made, but ok.

I'm 19 years old, transgendered, and unfortunately stuck in the Bible Belt.

However, things are not quite as hopeless as I thought for the longest time. I have one friend that accepts me in real life, and that makes a whole world of difference.

Aside from my mom, who didn't accept me (as has shown me she isn't going to recently.), I haven't come out to a single other person.. and I believe it's probably best that way. As much as I'd like to be out to everybody, it's too risky.

Living a lie is so much fun. :)

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
That's really brave. :) I'd accept you.

I've always wondered what it would be like to see someone like that.

So are you boy/girl, or girl/boy?

If that makes any sense, haha.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This one seems to have reemerged at almost the perfect time for me:

my parents want me to go to therapy.

I came out to them about a month ago - it seemed fine for awhile and everything, they told me they loved me no matter what, I should do what makes me happy, yada yada...

But about a week ago, they come up to me and ask me to go see this therapist. They don't want me labeling myself and restricting my options with the label "gay" while I'm so young. "How do you know FOR SURE if you haven't tried the other flavor?" they ask.

There's more to it I suppose, and I want to make it clear they're NOT trying to convert me, but so far I told them no. Which resulted in crying - so I told them I'd think about it. Ugh.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'd advise against therapy. That implies that there's something wrong with you, when there really isn't.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
Well, I haven't popped in for a while...

Well, I'm 13 (Intelligence wise I'm 14-15 in a technicality), not gay, but I have been a big supporter of the old lgbt threads and I just sort of float around here popping in when necessary, but when it gets above PG-13 I gotta hit the road (but it's being kept clean).

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Same here. Don't do it. You need to just sit down and talk it out. :)

I can't believe how parents can be...

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
Im not gay but I do plenty of gay jokes around my friend *not gay jokes against gays but acting as exageratedly flamboyant and sterotypical as possible*

And yeah its confiremd and its scary, most if not all of my friends are down right homophobes. And im not tossing the word around eitther

SPC M. Angseth

Smash Cadet
I haven't set foot here in a long time, and when I did, it was with a different account dubbed 'Lobelia Mk. IV.' After discovering that 'Lobelia' is the name of a flower used in holistic medicine to induce heavy vomiting, I dropped that handle and decided to go with something a bit more themed. Now that that's out of the way, we can get down to the reason why I'm even posting here in the first freakin' place.
My name is Maria Angseth, but you can call me Cykes or Cyclops if you want. I'm twenty years old, and I'm a pre-operative male-to-female transsexual who, ironically enough, is exclusively attracted to women. I'm currently living in an apartment with my lady-love(also a transwoman), and I plan to begin my transition sometime in the autumn of 2008, just after I make a few essential purchases in the realm of vidya games(an Agetec Green Goblin stick, the white GameCube controller, and a custom paint job for both).
Good to either meet you all or see you again, depending on who you are. It's good to be back.

Amide

Smash Lord

I came out to them about a month ago - it seemed fine for awhile and everything, they told me they loved me no matter what, I should do what makes me happy, yada yada...

But about a week ago, they come up to me and ask me to go see this therapist. They don't want me labeling myself and restricting my options with the label "gay" while I'm so young. "How do you know FOR SURE if you haven't tried the other flavor?" they ask.

There's more to it I suppose, and I want to make it clear they're NOT trying to convert me, but so far I told them no. Which resulted in crying - so I told them I'd think about it. Ugh.
That's awful! You should tell them that it's sort of hyporcritical to think gay is a bad thing if they still love you."How do you know FOR SURE if you haven't tried the other flavor?" is perhaps the weakest excuse for therapy I have ever heard.

Saché

Smash Rookie
Wow, to a n00b at the forums who happens to be lesbian like me, it feels great to find a topic like this. :D Most people are just too closed-minded about these things...

That's pretty messed up. x.x
I know it might be hard on some parents, but I think that telling them "you'd think about getting theraphy to turn straight" is practically admitting that there's something wrong with you. I think you should be proud of what you are, no matter what anyone else's views might be on the issue... That's why I think you should just keep firm and make it clear to your parents that you don't want to change the way you are. I think that when they realise this, they have no other opinion but to accept it.

My parents are pretty much fine with my sexual orientation.. Can't say they understand it, but they've learned to accept it during these years. :p

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Wow, to a n00b at the forums who happens to be lesbian like me, it feels great to find a topic like this. :D Most people are just too closed-minded about these things...

That's pretty messed up. x.x
I know it might be hard on some parents, but I think that telling them "you'd think about getting theraphy to turn straight" is practically admitting that there's something wrong with you. I think you should be proud of what you are, no matter what anyone else's views might be on the issue... That's why I think you should just keep firm and make it clear to your parents that you don't want to change the way you are. I think that when they realise this, they have no other opinion but to accept it.

My parents are pretty much fine with my sexual orientation.. Can't say they understand it, but they've learned to accept it during these years. :p
You're so lucky. I'd give anything for my mom to accept gays.

It'll never happen.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i wish my parents could understand if i told them, but they won't it will just increase their "hate" towards me....

im pretty much still in the closet, ive told two people but all that did was create a wall between me and those two people so im more isolated than before i told them.

don't you just love christian families?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I haven't set foot here in a long time, and when I did, it was with a different account dubbed 'Lobelia Mk. IV.' After discovering that 'Lobelia' is the name of a flower used in holistic medicine to induce heavy vomiting, I dropped that handle and decided to go with something a bit more themed. Now that that's out of the way, we can get down to the reason why I'm even posting here in the first freakin' place.
My name is Maria Angseth, but you can call me Cykes or Cyclops if you want. I'm twenty years old, and I'm a pre-operative male-to-female transsexual who, ironically enough, is exclusively attracted to women. I'm currently living in an apartment with my lady-love(also a transwoman), and I plan to begin my transition sometime in the autumn of 2008, just after I make a few essential purchases in the realm of vidya games(an Agetec Green Goblin stick, the white GameCube controller, and a custom paint job for both).
Good to either meet you all or see you again, depending on who you are. It's good to be back.
LOL.

Wow, I don't think anybody else was going to look up what exactly "Lobelia" meant. =P

Anyways, liking exclusively woman is great, but I also like guys... XD

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I haven't set foot here in a long time, and when I did, it was with a different account dubbed 'Lobelia Mk. IV.' After discovering that 'Lobelia' is the name of a flower used in holistic medicine to induce heavy vomiting, I dropped that handle and decided to go with something a bit more themed.
How did you get around to using the name "Lobelia" in the first place?

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
i wish my parents could understand if i told them, but they won't it will just increase their "hate" towards me....

im pretty much still in the closet, ive told two people but all that did was create a wall between me and those two people so im more isolated than before i told them.

don't you just love christian families?
I know exactly how you feel. I hate the way my mom feels about it... :(

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
well im waiting till after im living on my own well enough so i don't have to deal with her if/when i tell her. oh well im not her favorite kid anyway so it really doesn't matter.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Don't think like that. If she loved you in the first place, she wouldn't be picking favorites. Your family isn't decided by blood, it's decided by who you love. Do I consider my birth parents family? Yes. Do I consider some of my closest friends family? Yes.

Who you call family shouldn't be based off of who gave birth to you. It should be based off of the people you actually care about.

/cheesy movie moment

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
we'll see how long this thread lasts.

hello everybody.

my name is kyle, and I'm better than you.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
we'll see how long this thread lasts.

hello everybody.

my name is kyle, and I'm better than you.
oh rly? *plants rainbow flag on your forhead* there. now your generalized. lol

to the person above sonic, so cheesy (made me lol). and its possible for parents to not love their children anymore, especially if they don't fit the "norm".

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
lol, oh well at least you have sexiness. or do you? >__>
I'd say I'm average myself... but I guess acording to others I'm pretty attractive... there were pics of me in the old thread if you wanna look for them

but regardless... rather than move this to the subgroup I'll post this here just to serve as an FYI. It's sideconvos like this that kinda ruined the old threads... if you go back and forth too long, especially if it starts to veer off topic, then you start to alienate the rest of the posters here, bcause they feel like they are the 3rd wheel of the convo.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Yeah, let's try not to post pictures. That's what Las Pictoras is for.

Seriously, even if it means the thread dies, don't post unless it's somethin' gay. General 'hi' discussion is for the usergroup.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
so i came out to one of my gay friends a few days ago and i feel only a little better. probably cause he's across the country from me. but he nudged me into deciding to come out, but then today i was with a group of friends talking about college roommates. one of them said "so on facebook, my roommate says he's interested in women AND men. i really hope he isn't bi, cause that would SUCK!" my friends agreed with him.

hmm well that kinda postponed my desire to come out to anyone who isn't gay

also, my brother was joking around and telling my mom he's gay (he's not) just to mess with her. she replies "i'll kill you first." WHOA i REALLY hope she was joking. really.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom