• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Eh. I'm bi. But, if I were to fall in love with a transexual person I wouldn't dump them.

So does that make me pansexual too? I guess? I mean, if I already knew somebody was trans, I wouldn't go out with them, but if I found out after the fact...

But I've also heard that pansexual also includes animals. That... would be kind of weird. Is that true?

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
^See, that's why I'm confused. From what I've learned in here, this seems to be the facts:

Bisexual - Sexual attraction to men and women.
Pansexual - Sexual attraction to all genders.

o_O... That's why I don't really get the difference. And I don't think pansexuality includes animals, Sky.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
*skips the formalities and goes straight to discussion*

I think it's kind of a point of view thing. The way I understand it, pansexuality does not take into account the idea of being attracted to more than one person. You're not attracted to boys. You're not attracted to girls. You're not attracted to transgendered people. You're not attracted to people in between. You are attracted to one person, and that person happens to be one of the four.

Basically, you're attracted solely to personalities, not physical "equipment".

That said, I'm no expert on the subject. And I won't pretend to know what I'm talking about. Just spitballin' here.

Arcanejazz

Smash Apprentice
Hmm so how did you know you were Pan? This is all new to me :p
I just... knew. lol. when i was younger, all i knew was homo, hetero, and bisexual. I never thought it could be more complex than that, so i thought i was simply bi (and thats the simple answer i give certain people when asked, and dont feel like explaining gender identity -.-)

but as i got in high school, i started to learn about transgenderism, and discovered that most bisexual people still have a definite preference (at least around here). But I also discovered how much I loved sexual ambiguity and transgendered people. So I tried to figure out what I am, and realized pansexual is the term that fit best, as it includes aesthetic attraction/romantic love/sexual desire for all people, of all gender identities or biological sexes. There is absolutely no type of person I wouldnt find beautiful. are you a transvestite? id love it. transexual? hell yeah xD normal girl? well as long as they werent boring as a person, lol. strictly homosexual male? as long as you arent obnoxious and snooty like a lot of them seem to be around here, then i could love you too. thats just how i am, and i think other people like me would say the same thing. they just know its how they are.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
For me, physical attraction comes from personal attraction.

A beautiful person can have an ugly personality and I won't find them attractive.

And the other way around applies as well.
This is really spot-on for how I think. Really makes me think about the gay community. It seems like there is a huge emphasis on people's looks. Maybe I'm stereotyping too much, but atleast that's what I've had to deal with. I won't get into my own self-image issues, though. *looks down at my chubby self, heh*

Just seems that every gay guy in the media, TV shows and movies are super hot or cute or skinny or muscular... And I dunno, a couple girls liked me in grade school, so I'm trying to not believe that I won't ever find a boyfriend until I get a sixpack. (Sorry... that didn't have much meaning. Just got a wee bit vent-y. *shrugs*)

Arcanejazz

Smash Apprentice
For me, physical attraction comes from personal attraction.

A beautiful person can have an ugly personality and I won't find them attractive.

And the other way around applies as well.
I agree with you 100 million percent lol.

This is really spot-on for how I think. Really makes me think about the gay community. It seems like there is a huge emphasis on people's looks. Maybe I'm stereotyping too much, but atleast that's what I've had to deal with. I won't get into my own self-image issues, though. *looks down at my chubby self, heh*

Just seems that every gay guy in the media, TV shows and movies are super hot or cute or skinny or muscular... And I dunno, a couple girls liked me in grade school, so I'm trying to not believe that I won't ever find a boyfriend until I get a sixpack. (Sorry... that didn't have much meaning. Just got a wee bit vent-y. *shrugs*)
Its ok, I agree with you too, sadly. Ive got some body issues as well, and there have been quite a few gay guys that have made me feel like total **** because of it. way more often than girls have, in my experience. im also not trying to stereotype, cuz id feel awful for doing that, but it is a definite trend ive noticed. one that makes me kinda sad. *has been unsuccessfully fighting a weight battle for a while now x.x*

Seiya

Smash Journeyman

I agree. I may not have a six pack or w/e or look that decent there were still people who said I look cute. >_< Psh don't believe that! There will be someone who will like you even if you don't have a six pack, that's what I think for myself. But don't get too carried away by letting yourself go and become overweight X_X Just make a long term goal of getting into shape :D

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
*skips the formalities and goes straight to discussion*

I think it's kind of a point of view thing. The way I understand it, pansexuality does not take into account the idea of being attracted to more than one person. You're not attracted to boys. You're not attracted to girls. You're not attracted to transgendered people. You're not attracted to people in between. You are attracted to one person, and that person happens to be one of the four.

Basically, you're attracted solely to personalities, not physical "equipment".

That said, I'm no expert on the subject. And I won't pretend to know what I'm talking about. Just spitballin' here.
that's EXACTLY how i feel! :)

Arcanejazz

Smash Apprentice
Wikipedia defines Pansexuality as "...a sexual orientation characterized by the potential for aesthetic attraction, romantic love and/or sexual desire for people, regardless of their gender identity or biological sex. This includes potential attraction to people who do not fit into the gender binary of male/female implied by bisexual attraction. Pansexuality is sometimes described as the capacity to love a person romantically irrespective of gender."

Im not sure what was meant by the phrase "attracted to one person" that Nothing Rhymes With Circus said, but... Im attracted to a lot of people. And they belong to all possible genders and sexes. I think thats the simplest way of describing Pansexuality, lol.

"Pan- as a prefix is derived from the Greek παν which means 'of everything', 'all' or 'involving all members' of a group."

Wikipedia <3

Essix

Smash Cadet
I think its extremely difficult to describe something as complex as human sexuality with words. For the most part, whatever description we choose to describe ourselves as, it is more of an approximation than a hard fact. Or that is how it seems at least. I find it fascinating how many different types of sexual preferences there are, it really makes me want to take a gender studies class.

Arcanejazz

Smash Apprentice
I think its extremely difficult to describe something as complex as human sexuality with words. For the most part, whatever description we choose to describe ourselves as, it is more of an approximation than a hard fact. Or that is how it seems at least. I find it fascinating how many different types of sexual preferences there are, it really makes me want to take a gender studies class.
very true. all i can ever do is try to give the most approximate way of explaining something like this to people i know and hope that it clicks, even though i may need to explain in various ways to make sure all information is realized.

you should take a gender studies class if youre interested, you could really learn a lot from it. id be afraid i wouldnt like the professor, but i dont like a lot of college professors anyway, lol.

Xiroey2

Smash Apprentice
*Sigh*

I know that a boyfriend who likes me for who I am, rather than what I look like sounds great, but I'd rather have a boyfriend who did care about what I looked like...

Before my last boyfriend, I'd lost 2 stone, and while I was with him, I put 1 and a half stone on, because there was no pressure from him...

Guess I have to start losing weight again now that he dumped me.

Being gay somewhat limits my options, and although my school is great, and there are no homophobes, there just just aren't enough gays...

I am the only gay in the village.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Welcome to the topic! I kinda know how you feel... even though I don't worry about my weight (I'm pretty skinny actually), there are many homophobes here and many gays. X3 But the gays around my area are "undateable"... they're the snobby and obnoxious type or are just plain freaky. @_@

Xiroey2

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to the topic! I kinda know how you feel... even though I don't worry about my weight (I'm pretty skinny actually), there are many homophobes here and many gays. X3 But the gays around my area are "undateable"... they're the snobby and obnoxious type or are just plain freaky. @_@
At the moment, I'm around 13 stone...
I haven't come out to my parents yet, but everybody at school knows... I was actually quite surprised at the lack of homophobes in my year... I've heard of people who suffer daily beatings because of their sexuality, and I was actually quite worried...

Do the homophobes give you much trouble? :/

Tanea

Smash Ace
by stones i hope mean by weight if notthen im lost. welcome to the thread and i guesss it depends on who you meet i use to be very heavyand i manage to loose a tlot of weight but even then i have been able to find some good looking guys that have liked me for who i am but then i have found people that won't even look at me . so the way i look at no matter how you look there will always be someone there at wont tlike you so as long as you are happy with yourself then i know that the right person will come into your life and you will really know that it is ment to be cause this person will love you flaws and all :)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Tanea does.

And uh... I'm in a confusing situation. I like a bi guy, but he's already going out with a girl. He's pretty mad at her, and I'm his most trusted confident, so I could probably get him to break up with her and go with me.

The thing is, is that he really likes her. She's a bad girlfriend, but I don't want to betray him.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Heh, that sure is an interesting situation. You want to help your friend by ending a bad relationship and help both of y'all by making a good relationship between the both of y'all, hm. I say just let things happen unless you're 100% sure she's such a bad girlfriend (without your crush-iness clouding your judgement, heh.)

Or you could just say eff that chick and get your boy, hehe~

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yeah. But there's a whole giant backstory to this. And it's very... inside?

Pretty much, she was going out with this guy who was a ****. She started going out with the guy I like while she was dating the jerk. Not only did it take her a long time to break up with the jerk she also seemed reluctant to do it.

And then she refused to tell anybody that she and the guy I like were going out. I told everybody because it was pissing me off. Then, she went out with another guy while she was going out with the guy I like. I don't know why (lets call the guy I like 'Joe' just to make it easier to understand) Joe stood for that, but he did anyway. It took her forever to break up with him.

Then she went out with another guy, and this time behind Joe's back. He found out and didn't break up wiht him. She did eventually break up with the other guy though.

Now, in addition to being a cheating ****, she's just being a bad girlfriend. I really think that he should break up with her.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Wow, nevermind then. That sounds like one Grade-A ho-bag. Ugh, that's so messed up. How can people be so trashy and wrong. And dang, Joe must be the nicest, kindest, most forgiving guy in the world, heh. Just kick her down a manhole or something and get you boy, hehe~

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Yeah. But there's a whole giant backstory to this. And it's very... inside?

Pretty much, she was going out with this guy who was a ****. She started going out with the guy I like while she was dating the jerk. Not only did it take her a long time to break up with the jerk she also seemed reluctant to do it.

And then she refused to tell anybody that she and the guy I like were going out. I told everybody because it was pissing me off. Then, she went out with another guy while she was going out with the guy I like. I don't know why (lets call the guy I like 'Joe' just to make it easier to understand) Joe stood for that, but he did anyway. It took her forever to break up with him.

Then she went out with another guy, and this time behind Joe's back. He found out and didn't break up wiht him. She did eventually break up with the other guy though.

Now, in addition to being a cheating ****, she's just being a bad girlfriend. I really think that he should break up with her.
Hoes r' Us??? XDDDDDD

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
He knows I like him. I told him, because I knew he wouldn't care. He likes me back, but he would rather stay with the girl even though she's a *****.

I just don't want to betray him, even though I really think its for his own good.

Smash Ace
Pfft! She doesn't deserve to be in a relationship with somebody nice (possibly even foolishly nice) when she did all of that and still hasn't changed. <.< I say persuade him to dump her... but then again it might turn around and hurt you if you get too involved. O.o;

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'm already the most involved person in this, so yay?! To late for that?!

DnnSword (2:11:32 PM): ...can we please not talk about this for a little while?
DnnSword (2:11:40 PM): I know I should
DnnSword (2:11:53 PM): Sam even said so...
DnnSword (2:11:57 PM): I don
DnnSword (2:12:03 PM): don't* want to though...

Quote from him ^^^^^^^

That's highly illogical, captain.

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
I've been quiet in the thread for a little while now, so I figure I'll come back and add my $0.02 to this... especially considering I've been in a similar-ish situation myself. *takes a deep breath and hisses a sigh*

Guys like him are worth a lot. They really are. Tolerant, patient, caring and forgiving... it's hard to find that in a partner these days, regardless of gender or sexual taste. However. There does come a point where those traits begin to take over higher brain function, and that's the point where you have to wonder how worth it they can be.

Yes, I know I may sound harsh about this... but if anyone knows anything about my posts in this thread, I'm direct, blunt, and honest about my views... so I apologize in advance for any upset feelings I may have caused by saying that, and what's about to come.

Some people have some very serious issues in relationships. God knows I do (for the record, my big issue is that I need to know my partner has faith in me... and if there's a sliver of doubt, I go a little paranoid-nuts about it. Wanna fix it, but it needs time and effort from a good boy, heh). One of the bigger issues one can have is, essentially, being a doormat.

Personally, I would never let anyone walk over me. If I'm threatened, I call their bluffs. If demands are made of me, I fold my arms until I'm asked nicely. And if a partner is bad for me, and both I and everyone I know is aware of it... then that partner has to go. It's really as simple as that. Staying with someone who's bad for you, when you KNOW they're bad for you is... well... the only words that come to mind directly insult your crush's intelligence, so I guess I'll keep them to myself.

There is something you can do, though. You need to find a way to inject some steel into his spine. Get him to straighten up, firm himself, and take a long, hard look at what's happened. You can have all the love in the world for someone, and care about them deeply, but in the end, if they're being a cheating, lying *****, then you're being used, and you're no better for allowing yourself, over and over and over again, to be used.

Again, I apologize if I sound harsh; I'm not trying to be confrontational. Mate, you need to slap some sense into your guy, or he's going to have a very long, miserable romantic life. And I'll betcha that you still won't be a part of that romantic life to give some positivity. *sighs*

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Pfft! She doesn't deserve to be in a relationship with somebody nice (possibly even foolishly nice) when she did all of that and still hasn't changed. <.< I say persuade him to dump her... but then again it might turn around and hurt you if you get too involved. O.o;
that's a good point...Oh Yeah...Very fun battling in Brawl (^^)v

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
You're right. I've already tried to do that.

He has, but she always acts like she cares for a little while after, but then returns to normal. He realizes that she's walking on him, but he doesn't seem to care.

Smash Ace
that's a good point...Oh Yeah...Very fun battling in Brawl (^^)v
Oooohhh! So YOU'RE Matt, I was wondering who that was. X3

SkylerOcon said:
You're right. I've already tried to do that.

He has, but she always acts like she cares for a little while after, but then returns to normal. He realizes that she's walking on him, but he doesn't seem to care.
That's a pretty grim situation... and seeing as how close you two seem to be, I doubt saying "Just forget about him then..." would be a good response. ^^; Well maybe if you can't persuade him to break up with her... then just wait it out and be there for him when he either comes to his senses or when she dumps him... hopefully nothing worse than that happens... ^^; But then again I have ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE in this field, so I'd suggest taking advice from somebody else in this topic. ^^;

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Oooohhh! So YOU'RE Matt, I was wondering who that was. X3

;
yup...ugh...I cant beleive I started to suck during that 3 person match...oh well...I would like to inform u that are one of the hardest ppl i have ever faced against....and that yur one of the best Peach players I kno (^^)v...that being said....there's just one thing I cannot forgive u in one of our matches....(^^)v

Smash Ace
yup...ugh...I cant beleive I started to suck during that 3 person match...oh well...I would like to inform u that are one of the hardest ppl i have ever faced against....and that yur one of the best Peach players I kno (^^)v...that being said....there's just one thing I cannot forgive u in one of our matches....(^^)v
Heehee! Thanks! X3 ... and I wonder what that one thing is. =3 ... no seriously, I forgot what happened. @.@;

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Heehee! Thanks! X3 ... and I wonder what that one thing is. =3 ... no seriously, I forgot what happened. @.@;
u grabbed a CD that i was planning to reach then all of a sudden I fell down and self destructed and u grabbed it when u, me and somone named Mr. J were fighting in (I think it was..not sure) Smashville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom