• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
u grabbed a CD that i was planning to reach then all of a sudden I fell down and self destructed and u grabbed it when u, me and somone named Mr. J were fighting in (I think it was..not sure) Smashville
Ohhhhhhh yeaaaaaah... I remember that. ^^; ... uhh... sorry. ^^; Though if it happens again then I will go after the CD again. X3

Ivoryshadows

Smash Cadet
SkylerOcon, I have been in a similar situation this past August. Sit "Joe" down one say. Break down everything down for him from your perspective(though he is the one in the situation). If she is really bad for him it would be nice for him to see that, end it and go for you. (you said he liked you too right?)But you should leave it between the two of them. Yes, it would be good for him to end it but you can’t do it for him. He has to do it himself. If he doesn't care even after you sit down and talk to him about it, let it be for a bit. Come back to him with it again, then do something. You want to wait because you don't want to hinder your own friendship with "Joe" while in the process of doing something for the better for him.

Well, I wish you best of luck.
And if this post was confusing say something and I will try to clear it up!

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Maybe... unconventional advice will help?!
I'm serious, man. Nudge her into an open manhole. She'll break her ankle or something and get eaten by a gator. You and Joe gets new boyfriends, she gets what she deserves, and a lucky gator gets dinner. Everybody wins. Hooray!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

**** it...

I forgot something important. I seriously would gladly push her into an open manhole, but I can't.

This whole thing is taking place on the internet D=

O NOEZ INTERNET RELATIONSHIPS!1 TEH STUPID INTERNETS PRIVACY ENFORCERS (notice I don't say advocates. These people are really trying to make it illegal to give out personal info on the internet) R GOING TO KIEL ME NAO!!11!

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
Maybe... unconventional advice will help?!
I don't think it gets more unconventional than what I said? Though I was last post on last page, and a couple minutes later there was another post made, so I was likely missed. *laughs* I r teh forgottenz! Ah well. Go have a looksie if you like.

Unconventional advice, crushed to a simple point:

He may not be the best guy for you. At the risk of sounding unpopular, he seems to be lacking a spine... at least, regarding things that matter for him.

My original, missed post on this topic explains my harsh words. *smiles* No offense is meant... but hey, you wanted unconventional. No one else here is suggesting something so... well, admittedly rude.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
He doesn't have much of a backbone... it takes a lot to make him angry enough to actually tell somebody off. I usually have to do it for him >.>

Smash Ace
I'm serious, man. Nudge her into an open manhole. She'll break her ankle or something and get eaten by a gator. You and Joe gets new boyfriends, she gets what she deserves, and a lucky gator gets dinner. Everybody wins. Hooray!
Except for the murder part and the fact that the guy is a floormat. D=

eh its ok....any way what was the song u unlocked if u remember the title?....and do u spend a lot of the time in the air with Peach????
I think it was a Melee song, I forget which one though... and I don't really know... now that you mention it I DO spend quite a bit of my time airborne. ^^;

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'm not sure about the thing with the song, but the only unlockable I know of protaining to Peach is the one where you have to get five standard brawl victories with her.

And speaking of Peach... I was playing against my friend with her today (he's not so great so I put the character select on random) and there was like... NO attacks with her that could knock him off the stage. Am I missing something here?

Smash Ace
I'm not sure about the thing with the song, but the only unlockable I know of protaining to Peach is the one where you have to get five standard brawl victories with her.

And speaking of Peach... I was playing against my friend with her today (he's not so great so I put the character select on random) and there was like... NO attacks with her that could knock him off the stage. Am I missing something here?
We're talking about how I snagged a CD before he could get it. =3

And "he's not so great" should explain it. ^^;

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
He doesn't have much of a backbone... it takes a lot to make him angry enough to actually tell somebody off. I usually have to do it for him >.>
The question that begs is a simple one. What is the redeeming quality? And I say this more as an exercise in curiosity than anything else, but it may do you some good to openly think about this. Weighting pros and cons about a person, especially a potential partner, may seem a very 'logical' path to take to an emotional problem... but I truly find that the best solutions to these problems are a blending of both logical thinking and following your heart... though in this case, the latter could well be clouding your mind.

As it stands, you admit that he's a bit weak-willed. This, in and of itself, would be the kinda thing that would make me, and I'm sure, a lot of other people be willing to set him down in the 'just friends' category. Beyond that, he seems very indecisive, and in addition to that, unable to take steps to get himself out of a bad situation.

I admit, I've got a hell of a lot of problems of my own. Ask anyone who knows the extent of my current living situation. But what it comes down to for everyone, is that if someone is unwilling to take steps that would better themselves, they really need to be left alone to **** their life up a little. Some people need to take the harsh road and walk through fire before they can actually go, "Hey, wait a second. This is bad! What the bloody hell am I doing?

Some people are only meant to be friends. Some have the potential to be more. Your friend sounds like a minefield more than a potential partner. *shrugs* Please, I invite you to prove me wrong. I truly would like to know that there is more to this that redeems him to the point where he seems like he could be a good partner. Right now though, to me at least, he sounds like a bad idea, and you should leave him to his mistakes, until he learns to take responsibility for himself.

That's not going to be easy, if that's what you decide on. Not for you, and certainly not for him. But in the end, he's going to have to sit back, know that there's no one to do his dirty work for him, and face the reality of his situation. At that point he'll either grow a backbone, or he'll surrender completely and become a slave to life. And if he takes that latter path, believe me. You won't want him then.

EDIT: Momo; you spend a hell of a lot of time in the air, man. You float around, kicking the hell out of my head! Wolf knows EXACTLY what a concussion feels like, thanks to your heels! *laughs*

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I've already done your advice, and he seems to be a good partner (we have very similar interests). The only thing that really irks me about him is the fact that he doesn't have a backbone -_-

Smash Ace
The question that begs is a simple one. What is the redeeming quality? And I say this more as an exercise in curiosity than anything else, but it may do you some good to openly think about this. Weighting pros and cons about a person, especially a potential partner, may seem a very 'logical' path to take to an emotional problem... but I truly find that the best solutions to these problems are a blending of both logical thinking and following your heart... though in this case, the latter could well be clouding your mind.

As it stands, you admit that he's a bit weak-willed. This, in and of itself, would be the kinda thing that would make me, and I'm sure, a lot of other people be willing to set him down in the 'just friends' category. Beyond that, he seems very indecisive, and in addition to that, unable to take steps to get himself out of a bad situation.

I admit, I've got a hell of a lot of problems of my own. Ask anyone who knows the extent of my current living situation. But what it comes down to for everyone, is that if someone is unwilling to take steps that would better themselves, they really need to be left alone to **** their life up a little. Some people need to take the harsh road and walk through fire before they can actually go, "Hey, wait a second. This is bad! What the bloody hell am I doing?

Some people are only meant to be friends. Some have the potential to be more. Your friend sounds like a minefield more than a potential partner. *shrugs* Please, I invite you to prove me wrong. I truly would like to know that there is more to this that redeems him to the point where he seems like he could be a good partner. Right now though, to me at least, he sounds like a bad idea, and you should leave him to his mistakes, until he learns to take responsibility for himself.

That's not going to be easy, if that's what you decide on. Not for you, and certainly not for him. But in the end, he's going to have to sit back, know that there's no one to do his dirty work for him, and face the reality of his situation. At that point he'll either grow a backbone, or he'll surrender completely and become a slave to life. And if he takes that latter path, believe me. You won't want him then.

EDIT: Momo; you spend a hell of a lot of time in the air, man. You float around, kicking the hell out of my head! Wolf knows EXACTLY what a concussion feels like, thanks to your heels! *laughs*
I pretty much agree with this, though if his ONLY problem is not having a back bone then... well that's still a pretty big problem actually. ^^; Though I don't really have a back bone either but I wouldn't put up with the crap he's dealing with. O.o; It seems like this situation is really difficult, the only thing that might work would be time, or advice from someone who knows all... but nobody knows everything so... maybe you should stick with time. ^^;

Haha! I guess I do. X3 Floating is fun and it makes air attacks so much easier for me. =3

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
Haha! I guess I do. X3 Floating is fun and it makes air attacks so much easier for me. =3
Yeah, it's frustrating when you're trying to up-air and forward-air a Peach and she just floats out of reach and then back again, ready to kick you in the face and crack your muzzle open. *Smirks* But then, I've only one Pitfall-ridden match one-on-one to consider, so... maybe things would be different in absence of those annoying little buggers. I demand a rematch! *laughs*

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's frustrating when you're trying to up-air and forward-air a Peach and she just floats out of reach and then back again, ready to kick you in the face and crack your muzzle open. *Smirks* But then, I've only one Pitfall-ridden match one-on-one to consider, so... maybe things would be different in absence of those annoying little buggers. I demand a rematch! *laughs*
They ARE annoying... fun to hit with but horrible to be hit with. X3 You'll probably beat me... I'm pretty bad against Wolf. ^^;

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Eh. I want to play against somebody on the WFC (hardly anybody I know is ever on).

2964-8275-1288 "ZOMBE"

That's my friend code/name. Add me if you will.

Christova

Smash Cadet
Umm.... I know this is kinda late, oh well.

I'm 19 and gay. It's something that I had been really conscious about since I was about twelve or thirteen because I was raised strictly Catholic and none of my friends or family really knew any gay people. I'm not a flamer, sometimes I dress terribly, and the only thing that's really stereotypically gay about me is that I main Zelda. :p

Smash Ace
Sorry for sucking, I never really played Snake before I played you and I suck at free for all matches. ^^;

And welcome to the thread Christova! =3

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Umm.... I know this is kinda late, oh well.

I'm 19 and gay. It's something that I had been really conscious about since I was about twelve or thirteen because I was raised strictly Catholic and none of my friends or family really knew any gay people. I'm not a flamer, sometimes I dress terribly, and the only thing that's really stereotypically gay about me is that I main Zelda. :p
Welcome to the thread~ :) It's not late at all. Kick off your shoes and make yourself at home, heh. ^_^

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
And you completely kicked my ***, Momo -_-
As much as I enjoy activity in the thread, you and Momo's Wifi conversation is really PM material. Crimson King said he was going to keep a close eye in here. I know this isn't a big deal, but I wouldn't want to be criticized for being off-topic and chatty.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
The gay smashers thread...

And here we have gay smashers talking about smash. How off-topic is that! I'm totally stupid!

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Crimson is clamping down.He's right though you dont want some young kids to start reading about how some guy/girl likes to *** his/her **** in the ***.Fair play crimson.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
The gay smashers thread...

And here we have gay smashers talking about smash. How off-topic is that! I'm totally stupid!
That's some Grade-A sarcasm there, hah. *shrugs* I dunno, sorry. I probably shouldn't have said anything. For some reason, in my mind last night, I thought some people might think it was a bit chatroomish. But it's not a big deal at all, actually. I guess I have poor judgment when I'm sleepy ^_^ *shrugs* ... <("<) (>")>

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It's fine. But, why is Crimson King specifically looking out at this thread? Shouldn't he have moved the 'Why I am Christian' thread to the debate section because that's all that thread is now?!

And I'm sarcastic with everybody. So don't take it personally?!

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, sorry I haven't popped in in a long while. I could try making up some excuse, but I honestly just forgot about this thread :embarrass.

A rather boring update on myself: still haven't come out to anyone outside of the internets yet. While I've decided to avoid the whole "sit down and reveal" situation (that's gotta be as awkward for the other person) unless necessary, I'm no longer making any effort to hide my sexuality (I saw a pink shirt I liked, and I bought it :p). If someone asks or brings it up, then I'll tell them, but for most people in my life right now, there's no real rush for me to inform them.

A thread in the Zelda subforum that turned out to be quite interesting after the first reply: Zelda Asthetics. Check it out if you haven't already seen the results. Also, sorry if this has already been linked in this thread: I'm rather behind and don't have the time to go searching.

Smash Ace
Yeah it's funny how that topic kinda turned into "Which Zelda color do you like?/What's your sexual orientation?". X3 It seems like Zelda is pretty popular with gays. @_@ *shot*

And I'm pretty much at that same point in my life too... except most of my online friends don't know yet and I told two people in real life. ^^;

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Heya, Blink. Welcome back, heh. In high school, all of my coming out moments were "sit down and reveal" type things. I dunno if it was weird for the people. I don't think so, because they all didn't have a problem with my sexuality. I was thinking of just letting people figure it out, but at the time, I just really wanted to get it out, one person at a time. And I wanted it regulated by me. Like I wanted to make sure of who all knew I was gay at anytime, until I was ready to be out.

And hah, that thread sure is interesting. There's a lot of 'em. You should tell them to swing by here and join the fun, heh.

It's fine. But, why is Crimson King specifically looking out at this thread? Shouldn't he have moved the 'Why I am Christian' thread to the debate section because that's all that thread is now?!

And I'm sarcastic with everybody. So don't take it personally?!
CK is watching this thread because it was closed once and almost close again already before. And he closed the Girls/Guys/Relationships (Straight Smashers, heh) thread not too long ago for inappropriate discussion, something that this thread got in trouble for a few times. It just seems sooner or later this thread is going to be locked for good, and I just want that to happen, mhm. And, hah. I didn't take it personally, bro.

Christova

Smash Cadet
A thread in the Zelda subforum that turned out to be quite interesting after the first reply: Zelda Asthetics. Check it out if you haven't already seen the results. Also, sorry if this has already been linked in this thread: I'm rather behind and don't have the time to go searching.
Haha. I think that thread's come to the following conclusion: gay guys like the dark Zelda costume. :laugh:

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I think it was a Melee song, I forget which one though... and I don't really know... now that you mention it I DO spend quite a bit of my time airborne. ^^;
Peach's form of the Wall of Pain LOL, yur too difficult to go against when yur in te air,

also another note when yur Zelda, do u usually abuse Din's Fire? I just ask cause of our match, though u go fricking crazy and become unstoppale with that move. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD :joyful::joyful::joyful:

As much as I enjoy activity in the thread, you and Momo's Wifi conversation is really PM material. Crimson King said he was going to keep a close eye in here. I know this isn't a big deal, but I wouldn't want to be criticized for being off-topic and chatty.
whoops srry good sir XDDD

Smash Ace
Peach's form of the Wall of Pain LOL, yur too difficult to go against when yur in te air,

also another note when yur Zelda, do u usually abuse Din's Fire? I just ask cause of our match, though u go fricking crazy and become unstoppale with that move. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD :joyful::joyful::joyful:

whoops srry good sir XDDD
Heehee! Floating=Fun! =D

And yes! Din's Fire=Fun! =D Though I suppose I should use her other moves too... hmmm...

Also no need to apologize, King ReMO said he was sleepy when he wrote that and that he's sorry... since we really weren't off topic. =P

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Heehee! Floating=Fun! =D

And yes! Din's Fire=Fun! =D Though I suppose I should use her other moves too... hmmm...

Also no need to apologize, King ReMO said he was sleepy when he wrote that and that he's sorry... since we really weren't off topic. =P
couldnt hurt (^^)v also momo, I kno u said would put in Wii code if u had time...uhmm would mind doing that REALLY soon? today or tomorrow? only cause I kinda want more ppl to send copies of my stages....OH YEAH! if u have CREATED ANY STAGES YOURSELF (srry caps lock), do u understand that points thing when sending custom stages to friends?

Smash Ace
couldnt hurt (^^)v also momo, I kno u said would put in Wii code if u had time...uhmm would mind doing that REALLY soon? today or tomorrow? only cause I kinda want more ppl to send copies of my stages....OH YEAH! if u have CREATED ANY STAGES YOURSELF (srry caps lock), do u understand that points thing when sending custom stages to friends?
Nope I don't... I rarely send stages for some reason. O.o;
And is it okay if I add you tomorrow? ^^; Or maybe I could just turn the game off and add you now. O.o

EDIT: I just added you. =3

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Nope I don't... I rarely send stages for some reason. O.o;
And is it okay if I add you tomorrow? ^^; Or maybe I could just turn the game off and add you now. O.o

EDIT: I just added you. =3
yAY!!!!!!!!!! also I'll try to send u my three stages if i can later on
Oh. The point system is so people don't send to much stuff a day or something.
I hope it is that, and that my points reset every 24 hrs....cause if it isnt....i wont be able to send ppl my stages anymore TTT___________________________TTT...

ugh and WOW this site yesterday took a major **** didnt it? XDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom