• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
im catholic

i remember religion class freshman year and my religion was telling us that we go to hell if our parents get divorced and my best friend stood up and said that his parents were divorced and if he was going to hell because of it. Our teacher said yes. Our teacher said this about gay people as well.
It's a shame that people can be in power, responsible for molding young minds, and spew hatespeech like that. I mean, telling someone they're going to Hell like that, for a reason like that? Unbelievable...

...Ah, "forced to be changed", that sounds like political speak for "new evidence showed they had the wrong position but I don't want to admit it".
Ooo... there hasn't been a Kix argument for the past few (quite peaceful) days... me, and a bunch of other people, really don't want that riff-raff sprouting up again. >_> Not that I can tell you what or what not to talk about... but just saying. ... Let it go.

Tanea

Smash Ace
Dude, Tanea. You're in Denver? That's awesome, haha. I am going to Centennial to visit my mom for spring break next week. I grew up around the Denver area for about 6 years before coming to college. It's where I call home. =) Anyways, I'm glad you were able to stay on good terms with your parents afterwards. Yay success stories.

@ MK's Sword: That is nonsense. I am coming to this site this very moment. :laugh:
Actually, I am kinda noticing more topics being created now than before it came out. *shrug*

yep colorado i have been here for about 6 years it is such a change of pase form california i like it here everything is very clam and i can be myself around peolpe that aren't fake colorado i....i ....... love you ........ok im back but serious great place to be out:):):):)

edit: glad to see more out smashers you really dont find any of those we are one in a million or at least a thousand either way we are special

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
.........*sigh*

why can't i find someone.....

can anyone give me some advice? i'm so lonley. V-day was horrible for me......i pigged out on chocolates......thank god for my metabolism.....

Grining_Ghoul

Smash Apprentice
What is GSA & QSA? Anyway, I had this one and only one friend who was my absolute best friend in 3rd grade, we did everything together: play outside (our families lived on ranches), played with toys and videogames, spent the night at each others houses, went on vacations with each others families, you know all that good stuff. For the longest time we were best friends but once we got to junior high he started hanging out with these group of kids I couldn't stand mainly cuz they thought they were smarter than everyone else ( oh yeah forgot to mention my friend was always like top in our class academically) so I didn't see much of him like I used to. Then when we got to high school it was like he was avoiding me for reassons I didn't know of, like i'd call him at his house he'd be busy, if I tried talking to him at school he didn't seem interested in the conversation, and when i'd get him alone on the bus ride home he'd give me simple yes/no answers to things i'd bring up. By our sophmore year he didn't speak to me at all and if I were to see him in the hall he'd pass by like I was a complete stranger. It wasn't till my junior or senior year when I found out he was gay, for the longest time I didn't have a clue as to why he never told me. It's not like I was a gay basher or anything, yeah i'd make jokes about gay ppl here and there but they were just that jokes nothing offensive, so it's not like he would've been sacred to tell me out of fear of being harmed or disowned by me. It really hurt me deep when he decided to start ignoring me without an explanation, why he would just throw our friendship of so many years away for no reason was beyond me. I think because of him I had a bad perception on gay ppl , like if my best friend treats me like this because he's gay just imagine how the rest are. Can some one tell me if I was right to think like that? To this day I still don't know why he stopped being friends with me

Btw, a year after we graduated I heard from his mom that he started smoking heavily and constantly argued with her also that he had gotten real skinny and lost interest in a lot of things he used to do. I don't know how he's is doing now though, but at this point I don't think I care.

:3

Grining_Ghoul

Smash Apprentice
im catholic

i remember religion class freshman year and my religion was telling us that we go to hell if our parents get divorced and my best friend stood up and said that his parents were divorced and if he was going to hell because of it. Our teacher said yes. Our teacher said this about gay people as well.

this one of the many issues that the catholic religion does not make sense at all and i do not believe.

its just stupid to judge someone like that.

little rant i guess =P
I'm a Christian and I don't believe everything in my religion only what I can understand and not things like all humanity came from 2 ppl, cuz that's ********. How do you explain all the different races in the world if we all came from just two ppl? So don't worry about it, it's ok to take what you need from your religion to live a happy and healthy life and not believe everything that is thrown at you.

P.S. I spent my Valentines over ny brothers house babysitting my nephews and niece, why? Cuz i'm the only one in my family not married or in a relationship...oh, the loneliness. :(

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Last tournament I went it was packed of ***gots, there were like 5 pinches maricones, and what's really funny is that they all used peach or zelda. Just caught my attention. Kinda weird, I have seen girls play smash but not gays muthas.
Um yeah....homophobe.....

I dislike this hate Im sensing of Gay people in this post...

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Notice something you did here. Although completely separate from my initial points what you have done is established homosexual unions have not been - ever defined as marriage. Sure it was accepted in some cultures
:rolleyes: I like how you can somehow turn my examples of same-sex unions into me establishing that same sex unions have never been defined as marriage. So I suppose if I show you some white ravens, you'll say that I established that all ravens are black?
See the difference here is that if I have an objective standard, I at least have the potential to rational exactly why things are right and wrong and who we are ultimately accountable too. You can't. Period. That's the difference.
I'm not going to argue about the existence or nonexistence/irrelevancy of objective morality in this thread anymore. Take it to a new thread (preferably in the debate hall), and I'll debate with you there. I don't want to muck up this thread anymore because clearly nobody likes it.
Not to sound conceited, but I mean, I have the 3 B's:

Beauty - Brains - and Booty.
That's funny, so do I!
Any hot, muscular, video game nerd gay guy out there.......no. thats impossible. (:
But I'm not muscular.

I posted a couple pictures here: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3714917&postcount=4603

See? Proof that not all gay Smash Bros fans are ugly. [/arrogant] :p

Tanea

Smash Ace
What is GSA & QSA? Anyway, I had this one and only one friend who was my absolute best friend in 3rd grade, we did everything together: play outside (our families lived on ranches), played with toys and videogames, spent the night at each others houses, went on vacations with each others families, you know all that good stuff. For the longest time we were best friends but once we got to junior high he started hanging out with these group of kids I couldn't stand mainly cuz they thought they were smarter than everyone else ( oh yeah forgot to mention my friend was always like top in our class academically) so I didn't see much of him like I used to. Then when we got to high school it was like he was avoiding me for reassons I didn't know of, like i'd call him at his house he'd be busy, if I tried talking to him at school he didn't seem interested in the conversation, and when i'd get him alone on the bus ride home he'd give me simple yes/no answers to things i'd bring up. By our sophmore year he didn't speak to me at all and if I were to see him in the hall he'd pass by like I was a complete stranger. It wasn't till my junior or senior year when I found out he was gay, for the longest time I didn't have a clue as to why he never told me. It's not like I was a gay basher or anything, yeah i'd make jokes about gay ppl here and there but they were just that jokes nothing offensive, so it's not like he would've been sacred to tell me out of fear of being harmed or disowned by me. It really hurt me deep when he decided to start ignoring me without an explanation, why he would just throw our friendship of so many years away for no reason was beyond me. I think because of him I had a bad perception on gay ppl , like if my best friend treats me like this because he's gay just imagine how the rest are. Can some one tell me if I was right to think like that? To this day I still don't know why he stopped being friends with me

Btw, a year after we graduated I heard from his mom that he started smoking heavily and constantly argued with her also that he had gotten real skinny and lost interest in a lot of things he used to do. I don't know how he's is doing now though, but at this point I don't think I care.

wow that is such a sad story i would have loved you as my friend i feel bad and im sorry that it happended to you like that . i mean i lost a lot of friends when i came out i would have been nice if one of my life long friends had been there......and no we are not like that we mostly want people to accept for who we are not who we like . i hope that you reunit with your friend maybe he i just going through a rough time hopefully everything works out if not then you seem like you are a strong indv. and hoepfully you will make it if not kill that feeling some smash bros. :)

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Didn't know there was a gay thread o_O

Where do I join? I'll guess I'll start by saying I have the most hopeless crush on a friend of mine. He's supposedly totally straight, but I have reasons for believing otherwise. I decided that wether gay or straight he and I are just not compatible either way and I should just forget him.

If there's one thing I hate more than straight crushes, is those "unsure" crushes.

Tanea

Smash Ace
Didn't know there was a gay thread o_O

Where do I join? I'll guess I'll start by saying I have the most hopeless crush on a friend of mine. He's supposedly totally straight, but I have reasons for believing otherwise. I decided that wether gay or straight he and I are just not compatible either way and I should just forget him.

If there's one thing I hate more than straight crushes, is those "unsure" crushes.

preach it sister that is my life story ugh

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
Indeed. That's how they always are. In fact, aside from my close circle of friends, the only people I came out to were people who I thought might be gay who I considered friends.

Nick, Tim, Ryan, Adam, Kyle, Aaron, Dennis, and Alex.

My gaydar is terrible, optimistic, or these guys are just adamant.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Indeed. That's how they always are. In fact, aside from my close circle of friends, the only people I came out to were people who I thought might be gay who I considered friends.

Nick, Tim, Ryan, Adam, Kyle, Aaron, Dennis, and Alex.

My gaydar is terrible, optimistic, or these guys are just adamant.
Hey my name is there! And so is the name of the guy who I had a crush on last year. O.o;;;

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I know how you feel. I had a huge crush on a guy named Collin. He was a good friend of mine, and we did everything together.

During my freshman year, I heard a rumor he had kissed a boy. I was so excited, but when I confronted him about it, he said it was a bet, and it was on the cheek, but I heard it was french-kissing, and the guy who dared him told Collin and Steven to stop.

But, my friend, Shayna, said she was talking to a guy in Greensburg, (20 minutes away), named Nick, and she said he was interested in me. I'm excited, but she said he was a "little" feminine. I'm not really into those kind of guys...

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
The funny thing is, is that alot of people think that 2 gay people will automatically get along/fall in love/get a
french poodle together just because there both gay.

Meet up with this Nick character, You've got nothing to lose and if you don't like him, you've only gained dating experience.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Meet up with this Nick character, You've got nothing to lose and if you don't like him, you've only gained dating experience.
Yeah, man. Check this guy out. Don't be so quick to judge based on some hearsay about his characteristics. Even if he is a little femme, he could be a really good person and a great match for all you know. And yeah, as Jelly said, if y'all don't click, it would just be a good experience. :)

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Yeah, I guess you're right.

But even if we hit it off, how could I see him? I'd have to lie to my mom, and she's one of those people who wants to know every detail about my friends...

Somasu

Smash Ace
I say that'd be something you'd have to work out between you and Nick.

Through my experience, I just say that I'm going to hang out with a good friend of mine whenever I've wanted to hang out with a gay friend or a boyfriend.

If your mother wants to know every detail about your friends, then let 'em know about everything but his sexuality as well as your relationship with him (if, of course, you do pursue a relationship)

I will say that I honestly thing that if you and Nick do work out and start dating.. and want the relationship to last a really long time.. I say you should plan to be open about yourself to your parents sometime in the future (however you decide to do so), because hiding a relationship is probably REALLY hard to do from what I can guess.

I wish you the best of luck, though, ethan. =) You've got more luck than I do.

Your story suddenly reminds me, once again, about this guy that a friend of mine knows. He knows he's gay, but he's not openly gay at all. I once told him a while ago to introduce me and so far, no luck in that.. He says he's tried, but the guy doesn't really know if he's ready to be open about it and whatnot, and even said he's not sure if he can believe that I myself am gay xP

I really wanna meet this guy. I've helped some people become open before, and I wanna try and help this guy out. Even if I can't do that much, I'd love to at least make another friend, and finally have a gay friend that lives near me. Who knows, maybe me and him could eventually develop ^_^

Here's hoping.

residentevilrulz

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a gay smasher.. But I am a bisexual transgender smasher. I don't know how many of those there are. I know of one straight transgender smasher. But that's all.

residentevilrulz

Smash Apprentice
wait are you transgender or transsexual? like okay............. do you have a boy part and a girl part?
Ahh yes. Transgender just means that I look like a girl. Like.. dress like one and have hair like one. Wear make-up/nail polish, etc. I have male parts yes

Tanea

Smash Ace
wow well nice to meet you i have never come close to a transgender person so welcome this will suffice

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I've never met a trans person, either. For lack of a better term, I don't quite know how it all works, heh. How did you feel growing up and going through this transition? How'd your family and friends handle it? I'm curious, but if it's too personal for the boards, I get it.

residentevilrulz

Smash Apprentice
nah it's not too personal at all. Basically, I've just always felt more like a girl than a guy. So in my Junior year in high school I finally decided to grow my hair out and stop hiding who I really am. If I can't live my life being happy with how I look and being happy with who I am, what is life even worth? It's just not worth being depressed all the time. There wasn't really a specific transition. It was really gradual. Junior year I started shaving my legs and armpits, etc. And in my senior year I started to paint my nails, and finally in my first year out of high school I started wearing girls clothes and some make-up. I can't stand the typical trans male that has the nasty 5 o'clock shadow and just plain looks like a guy. What really made me come out and realize that this was what I needed to do was my musical taste. I began listening to Japanese music in my junior year. All of the performers that I listened to (and still do listen to) look stunningly beautiful and feminine. But they are all males. I try to go for that look. That is really what sparked it all I suppose. My girlfriend who I've been with for 2 years has no problem with it and supports me all the way. My dad doesn't like it but doesn't say much, and my mom... that's another story. She cries and stuff. She just doesn't get it. I'm not gay, I'm what I like to call selectively bisexual. I HATE masculinity in all forms.. I just can't stand it. So I don't want to look like that. I'd rather be pretty and beautiful looking. By selectively bisexual I mean that I am only attracted to the feminine form. But if a man looks just like a girl, I find that attractive. I don't find men looking like men attractive at all. That's gay territory, which I'm not. I can explain anything else if you have any more questions. Honestly, all I'm worried about is how to prevent balding. I am thinking of taking propecia. I'm also saving to get my face lasered so I won't have any more facial hair. I appreciate you all being so welcoming about this. Most other communites had no interest in this matter... only hate hate hate lol. So thank you

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
nah it's not too personal at all. Basically, I've just always felt more like a girl than a guy. So in my Junior year in high school I finally decided to grow my hair out and stop hiding who I really am. If I can't live my life being happy with how I look and being happy with who I am, what is life even worth? It's just not worth being depressed all the time. There wasn't really a specific transition. It was really gradual. Junior year I started shaving my legs and armpits, etc. And in my senior year I started to paint my nails, and finally in my first year out of high school I started wearing girls clothes and some make-up. I can't stand the typical trans male that has the nasty 5 o'clock shadow and just plain looks like a guy. What really made me come out and realize that this was what I needed to do was my musical taste. I began listening to Japanese music in my junior year. All of the performers that I listened to (and still do listen to) look stunningly beautiful and feminine. But they are all males. I try to go for that look. That is really what sparked it all I suppose. My girlfriend who I've been with for 2 years has no problem with it and supports me all the way. My dad doesn't like it but doesn't say much, and my mom... that's another story. She cries and stuff. She just doesn't get it. I'm not gay, I'm what I like to call selectively bisexual. I HATE masculinity in all forms.. I just can't stand it. So I don't want to look like that. I'd rather be pretty and beautiful looking. By selectively bisexual I mean that I am only attracted to the feminine form. But if a man looks just like a girl, I find that attractive. I don't find men looking like men attractive at all. That's gay territory, which I'm not. I can explain anything else if you have any more questions. Honestly, all I'm worried about is how to prevent balding. I am thinking of taking propecia. I'm also saving to get my face lasered so I won't have any more facial hair. I appreciate you all being so welcoming about this. Most other communites had no interest in this matter... only hate hate hate lol. So thank you
I'm sorry you get so much hate, it's probably even more difficult to come out as Transgendered than Gay. It's pretty cool now though. ^_^ We have the whole GLBT community repped in the thread now. Including some straight allies. =)

Thanks for sharing. ^_^

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
o yea im straight btw.

i just hate it when people come in here preaching to you guys like you have some disease that they can cure.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
LET ME SEE :]

please? :\

GanonMarth

Smash Rookie
Well Im stright but i know alot of people that are Gay and they are my friends. It really bugs me when people think bad about gays :(.

residentevilrulz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I hear you GanonMarth. Seriously, gay is nothing more than a preference. It is nothing more than me preferring Bowser over DK. That's all it is. A preference. People just need to learn that different people have different preferences. I should be a philospher^^

Tanea

Smash Ace
omg i love this thread love for gay people is plentifull i have a lot anyone want to share;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom