• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's put a face to the name.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Just thought I'd pop a picture up of me in here that I took a bit ago of me in a place called England. They were creative in naming it, I know.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Man you're such a well dressed and prepared traveler.

also your watch is upside down, might want to fix that, good sir.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
"Eng" is german and means "narrow". The combination of the tems "eng" and "land" in the german language is much, much older than the denomination of the country of England. If anything the british are uncreative to give themselves such a generic name ^_^

:059:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
actually the upside down watch thing is... not common, but it's more common than NeverNudes at least.

I do it sometimes. So does Bruce Willis.

Hando is in good and manly company.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
"Eng" is german and means "narrow". The combination of the tems "eng" and "land" in the german language is much, much older than the denomination of the country of England. If anything the british are uncreative to give themselves such a generic name ^_^

So wait, England basically translates out to "narrow land?"

All this time I simply thought "Eng" was short for "English," so that England = "English land."

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So wait, England basically translates out to "narrow land?"
Yes, that's exactly what it means in german.

All this time I simply thought "Eng" was short for "English," so that England = "English land."
That would mean that the country was named after its inhabitants which - if it actually occured somewhere - is very rare [I don't know any example for it]. Inhabitants are named after its country [france -> french, spain -> spaniards, italy -> italians] not vice versa.

X1-12

Smash Champion
pretty sure England is a corrupt form of somthing like 'Angell-land' which is named after the 'angells' who invaded with the saxons

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yes, that's where the land has its name from originally. "England" still translates into "narrow lan" though.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Man, DGames is missing that broship that people like you used to provide. There's some, but there's not enough.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Damn, the amazingness of this thread has increased tremendously with the addition of Mentos and KevinM's pictures.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Man you're such a well dressed and prepared traveler.

also your watch is upside down, might want to fix that, good sir.
Dude, there is no other way than to where it that way. It's more practical. imo. I also wear it on my left arm when I'm a righty. I'm a weird dude.

Shhh. Sag das nicht. Ich wollte die in der dunkelheit lassen. Das soll zwischen uns bleiben.

But fo rizzle. German is a way practical language. A lot of the words are just smaller words put together... fine by me.

Also, I hate Saxon for one reason: they put way too much sauce on everything. I literally had someone tell me, after I put some sauce on my food already, ''It needs to be SWIMMING in sauce!''. Then he dumped a ton more on. Argg. Luckily, it isn't so bad up here in the north. Plus I get to say Moin to people.

actually the upside down watch thing is... not common, but it's more common than NeverNudes at least.

I do it sometimes. So does Bruce Willis.

Hando is in good and manly company.
*bro fist*

Straight Homieship.

That's how you drop the faces of Dgames.
Still on the boat flippin burgers I see.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Dude, there is no other way than to where it that way. It's more practical. imo. I also wear it on my left arm when I'm a righty. I'm a weird dude.
I do this too. I'm pretty sure that's how you're "supposed" to do it.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yeah. Watch goes on your not-dominant hand.

What do you call it? Submissive? Recessive? ???

:phone:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Bored.jpg

I'll just take them from facebook.

[collapse="Only on Fridays"]
[/collapse]

[collapse="Mad"]
[/collapse]

[collapse="Black n White"]

[/collapse]

[collapse="Here I look 12 and myspace style obv"]

[/collapse]

And this is how long my hair usually gets before I cut it

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
This thread revives!

Recent one of Alphicans and I from Revival of Salt. (I'm on the right)

Family photos from August.

Top Bottom