• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Battle of AGES, a SEGA platform fighter

What's the roster number gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. Sisyphus Buddy (Rock of Ages is just such a hilarious inclusion that it has to be here somehow, but let's be honest, an Assist works best in this case.)
2. Vincent (As much as I love Catherine and feel it could be cool to see as a stage, I think his assist concept here is pretty cool, and I wouldn't mind seeing him in this role.)
3. Guillaume LeÉclosion (A cool mechanic, and whilst it could be cool to see him as a fighter, I think he works well in this role.)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Can someone tell me, who is William?
When I read the votes, I'm trying to find the William, but there is not William.

Is William a Billy Hatcher or what? (Just asking)
In 1887 a book called William Eggson was written about a chicken named William Eggson and that's the main inspiration for SEGA's billy hatcher games so people are calling him william to reference the books

1. Vincent
2. Danny
3. Tembo

In 1887 a book called William Eggson was written about a chicken named William Eggson and that's the main inspiration for SEGA's billy hatcher games so people are calling him william to reference the books

1. Vincent
2. Danny
3. Tembo
Dude, that makes me confused af.
And can you tell me what does "Guillaume LeÉclosion" mean?

Again, why are you guys call them with obscure names. It makes me really confusing.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
1. Sisyphus Buddy - it's just too perfect. In all honesty I wouldn't have minded an entire stage for Rock of Ages, but Sisyphus Buddy has some brilliant humour potential all on it's own.
2. Danny - I love the concept behind Crush, and I think this would be a fun assist.
3. Billy Bishop & Sheila Crawford - I think it's important we get something Sammy in this game by the end of it all. They're kind of an important partner to Sega in the modern ages after all. Helps that this ditto assist sounds like a lot of fun and brought about a game I'd never even heard of before. Interesting!

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
1. Billy & Shiela (I love Swery. I'll vouch for Swery65 and his games every single day of my life)
2. Vincent Brooks (Outside of a Stage, I really think this would the best option for Catherine, if I'm being honest.
3. Sisyphus Buddy (I'm afraid I can't let you eliminate William Hatcher this easily...)

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I think it's time we close the vote. Let's take a look:

Billy/Sheila: 9 points
Tembo: 7 points
Buddy: 27 points
Danny: 11 points
Samurai: 2 points
Vincent: 14 points
william: 14 points

So the winner here would normally be Sisyphus Buddy, but it's come to my attention that it seems that SEGA....don't actually own Rock of Ages. This would mean that the submission would be disqualified.

But here's the thing: I admittedly feel kinda dirty pulling this one out at the last minute. It doesn't really feel fair. Buddy got voted in, the people have spoken and they want the Buddy. But I do kinda wanna keep it to actual SEGA-owned stuff.

After talking it over in our Discord server, I've come to a solution: Sisyphus Buddy will be added.....eventually. We're doing a third-party guest assist at the end of DLC, so we'll be putting it on the backburner for now and adding it in when we get there. This way it's guaranteed addition since it did get voted the highest, but we get to keep it to actual SEGA stuff for now.

So with that out of the way, the assists we're adding from this job now will be Billy Hatcher and Vincent Brooks!!! Which does mean that both of these series are now disconfirmed for the base game. These are pretty much gonna be the last base game disconfirmations that matter, since our next misc stages and assists will come after our last base character.

Alright, with all that said:

Job #140: Submit a moveset for Asha

Here's the Sacred Moveset Format:

-General playstyle overview
-Notable normal attacks
-Specials and All-Star Move
-Misc. info

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job #140: Asha (Wonder Boy)

General playstyle:

Asha is a quick, nimble fighter without much stamina or attack but she excels at dancing around her opponents and wearing them off with quick attacks. She's best at hit-and-run playstyles but her specials where her buddy Pepelogoo helps her can allow her to play more strategically.

Asha also has a unique mechanic called Magical Hit. For every four ground attacks she connects, the fifth one will have a glowing wind effect around it, possessing slightly increased damage and knockback. Crouching allows her to block some projectiles with her shield.

Normal moves:

Asha fights mainly with her sword, a scimitar with a fairly long reach. A lot of her normal attacks are taken directly from her game. These include her forward tilt (a wide, inward slash), her down aerial (a long-lasting move in which she holds her sword between her legs and can jump on enemies), her neutral aerial (a broad swipe from high to low), her up aerial (a two-handed, upward thrust of her sword)

Special attacks:

Neutral Special:
Pepelogoo Throw. Asha calls Pepelogoo with a whistle and holds him above her head. Tapping the neutral special input will throw him directly forward, acting as a decent projectile. By using attack inputs, she can change the direction and strength to which Pepelogoo will go. Note that a stronger throw requires more time for Pepelogoo to return to Asha and she can't use her up special during this time but her fall is halted.

Pepelogoo can also bring items back to Asha and block some attacks. He can take damage, and losing all of his health can stun him briefly but he's immune to fire damage.

Down Special: Shield. Not to be confused with her regular block. Asha takes out a shield almost as large as her and crouches behind it. This move has a hitbox as it comes out and can reflect any projectiles, at the cost of pushing Asha back slightly. Using this special in the air increases her fall speed and gives her a weak falling hitbox.

Side Special: Pepelogoo Breath. Asha commands Pepelogoo to stay in place and shoot a small fireball. If this move is smash-inputted, Pepe will draw a huge breath before sending three quicker, stronger fireballs in succession.

Up Special: Pepelogoo Parachute. Asha jumps and hangs on to Pepelogoo, who flaps his wings/ears (?) with full force to keep her afloat and glide slowly downward. Aside from having a fantastic horizontal recovery range, Asha can cancel this move into a jump anytime she wants, essentially giving her another air jump.

All Star Move: Lamp Spirit

Asha takes out her Magic Lamp and calls upon the Lamp Spirit. When summoned, he will allow Asha to jump on her back and start flying across the screen with blinding speed, knocking anyone away along the way. If the special button is held before the attack ends, Asha will jump from his back and send a great magic slash that hits a wide area.

Other:

Entrance animation:
Lamp Spirit teleports Asha by the stage and drops her, as Pepelogoo jumps in glee and starts flying by her.

Idle animation: Asha pets an attention-starved Pepelogoo.

Taunts:

1. Asha puts her fits on her hips and shakes them while grinning.
  2. Asha swings her sword twice and thrusts it towards the screen.
  3. Asha watches Pepe with amusement as he flies around her in a circle.

Victory Animations:

1. Asha is shown with her back towards the camera, opening a chest, before taking out an elixir potion, turning to the screen, and lifting it over her head with a beam.
  2. Asha is seen flying by holding onto Pepe, before dropping off, spinning like a saw with her sword, and landing on her feet.
  3. Lamp Spirit yawns and politely claps as Asha and Pepe dance around a bottle of elixir.

Victory theme: A combination of Ta-dah of Lamp and Conquers the Dungeon.

Visuals: Asha's look is largely taken from her appearance in the recent remake of Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World with an updated model and textures. She’s voiced by Ai Fairouz in all regions. Her palette swaps are inspired by other Monster World/Wonder Boy protagonists: Tom-Tom, Tina, Book, Shion, Leo, Purapril, and Jin.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Asha (and Pepelogoo)

Basic Playstyle:

Asha is a speedy sword wielder with an acrobatic playstyle who can use her buddy Pepelogoo to aid her in combat.
As such, Asha excels in close range combat attacks, but lacks the ability to attack from a distance. Unlike many sword wielders however she can use Pepelogoo to help close the gap slightly using her specials at the cost of temporarily losing her recovery options.

Asha, much like Sonic, cannot swim meaning she will immediately start drowning in large bodies of water. Calling for Pepelogoo will make her blue buddy rescue her, allowing the player a second chance to get her out of the water before she drowns.

Overall Asha's basic attacks are quite weak with her speciality being racking up damage and pursuing her opponent with lightning fast attacks whilst nimbly dodging her stronger opponents.

Asha's health is slightly below average amongst the fighters.

Asha is considerably more versatile when teamed up with Pepelogoo, with additional recovery, approach and edgeguarding options available to her. Without Pepelogoo her recovery is rather poor. Opponents can attempt to separate Asha and Pepelogoo, or even KO Asha's friend to give themselves an edge.

Defeating Pepelogoo is only temporary however as he will return after a 15 second period meaning opposing players will want to KO him and turn their attention to Asha quickly.

With Pepelogoo Asha's fall speed slows to a float, as he will slowly descend with her attached to him. Without him, Asha's fall speed is above average due to carrying her sword and shield.

Asha's Basic moves:
Asha's basic moves are unsurprisingly slashes with her sword. Many of her attacks are quick but not very powerful.

Leaping in the air and holding down attack will make Asha pogo stick on her blade, attacking those underneath her sword stabs.

Leaping in the air whilst holding up attack will cause her to stab her sword skywards, which does high damage and will send opponents skywards.

Asha can charge up a Magical Hit strike after she lands enough small sword slashes. These attacks can be charged up to release once her sword is glowing with magical energy.

Asha's guard has her bringing her shield out to defend herself. Asha cannot crawl, but when crouching will auto shield in the direction she is facing. This shield will counter physical and projectile attacks, although Asha will be vulnerable to throws, and command grabs.

Asha's dodge has her spinning either backwards or forwards through the air to avoid her opponent.

Asha's grab is Pepelogoo grabbing the opponent with his tongue whilst she wails on them with her sword.

Special attacks:
Asha has a unique gimmick in that all of her Specials revolve around Pepelogoo. Losing Pepelogoo will mean losing access to her special attacks for a period of time, but the little critter has many useful abilities in battle even if he's not an outright fighter.

Neutral Special: Call Pepelogoo
This will have Asha whistle to her friend, Pepelogoo, which she will latch onto. Pepelogoo will allow Asha to slowly descend from jumps whilst held, allowing for a great horizontal recovery.

Down Special: Pepelogoo Blow
Pepelogoo will inhale and blow out a big blast of air. This blast is ideal for edgeguarding and can be used after a "Pepelogoo Throw" to prevent opponents returning to the stage at a distance. If timed right it may even reflect a projectile back at the opponent.

Side Special: Pepelogoo Throw
Asha throws Pepelogoo. Whilst Pepelogoo doesn't attack opponents when thrown, he can cancel out opposing projectiles as well as put a stop to opponents rushing towards Asha. Pepelogoo will have the priority in any projectile exchange, negating the attack but not doing any damage to the opponent. This can be used to give Asha time to close the gap by following her faithful friend and delivering some powerful blows herself.

Pepelogoo will need to be called back with the neutral special "Call Pepelogoo" in order for him to follow Asha again however otherwise he will just relax wherever Asha has thrown him.

Up Special: Pepelogoo Eruption
Asha will jump atop Pepelogoo and be rocketed upwards as a pillar of flame bursts forth from under him. When in the air she can combine this with Call Pepelogoo to float down safely. Anyone caught in the eruption below will also be sent flying making it a surprisingly powerful up special.

If Asha attempts to use this without Pepelogoo at hand she too will be badly damaged by the firey eruption and will not gain as much height as she would with her partner.

All Star Move: Tower of Silence
Asha prays to the gods, before whipping out a large blue crystal known as the Courage Crystal.

A giant tower bursts from the ground. Anyone caught in by the building will be whisked into the Tower of Silence where they are comically attacked by a horde of Monster World monsters. The tower shakes violently from the brutal beatdown as Asha and Pepelogoo patiently wait outside.

The Centipede Queen is seen inside attacking ferociously with her claws before knocking the opposing fighters out the top of the tower, smashing through the roof and causing it to crumble in the process.

Misc:
Entrance animation: Asha arrives on the back of the genie like Lamp Spirit, hopping off of him.

Idle animation: Asha will do a big stretch and yawn like she does in her game's remake.

Taunts:
Taunt 1:
Asha will perform her chest opening dance, ending with a spin.
Taunt 2: Asha rubs the magic lamp. The Lamp Spirit will appear if held down long enough.
Taunt 3: Asha prays to the spirits.

Victory Animations:
Victory animation 1:
Asha stands atop the cliff face in Estafan, listening to the voices of the Spirits.
Victory animation 2: Asha and Pepelogoo will be surrounded by Priscilla, Lotto, Shabo, Hotta and the Lamp Spirit and thrown into the air triumphantly by them.
Victory animation 3: Asha will perform her little dance, and open a chest only for Pepelogoo to be the one hiding inside it.

2nd Place animation: Asha will look very exhausted, standing next to a Lamp spirit vending machine and buying some additional health from it. Once refilled she will look determined to win next time.

3rd Place animation: Asha will be collapsed next to the vending machine but otherwise obtain the hearts. She'll pull herself up after and looked determined to win next time.

4th Place - 7th Place animation: Asha will collapse with Pepelogoo pouring healing elixir into her mouth. She will sit up confused and a little weary whilst Pepelogoo breaths a sigh of relief that she's okay.

8th Place animation: Asha collapses and she rises up as an angel into the heavens. Pepelogoo will panic, flittering around frantically.

Palettes:
(I'm afraid I didn't have time to make Asha yet so...err...oops! No visuals! There are links to the characters the different palettes are based on however if you're curious)
Palette 1: Regular Asha
Palette 2: Monster World IV sprite colours; largely bright greens and pale green-white for her outfit with pink shoes.
Palette 3: Purapril XIII. Asha's hair is blonde, and her outfit matches Purapill XIII's pink dress. Pepelogoo becomes yellow in this outfit.
Palette 4: Purapril. That is, the first one... The hero from Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair. Asha's hair is pink and her outfit is red. Pepelogoo is pink and yellow matching Purapril's dragon ride.
Palette 5: Tanya. Tom-Tom's girlfriend, and the playable female character in Wonder Boy Returns. Pink outfit, cyan hair. Pepelogoo obtains a Tom-Tom colour scheme of yellow and green.
Palette 6: Wonder Girl from WonderBoy: The Dragon's Trap. Asha gets dark pink hair and an off green outfit. Pepelogoo obtains the reddy colour from Hawk-Man.
Palette 7: Priscilla. Asha gains the fairy's red hair and light pink clothing colour scheme. Pepelogoo is blue and green matching Shabo's colour scheme.
Palette 8: Ramaya from the Sega arcade title Arabian Fight: Asha gains brown hair, a pink outfit and Pepelogoo is red, yellow and white matching Sinbat's colour scheme from the same game.

Last edited:

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
After talking it over in our Discord server, I've come to a solution: Sisyphus Buddy will be added.....eventually. We're doing a third-party guest assist at the end of DLC, so we'll be putting it on the backburner for now and adding it in when we get there. This way it's guaranteed addition since it did get voted the highest, but we get to keep it to actual SEGA stuff for now.
Months later when we do third-party guest assists:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Gosh, nobody talks about Discord server Invitation.
Lame, isn't it?

Guys, I have a Discord Account.
(And for another time, I'm not begging!)

Again, it makes me mad!
(I'm not throwing a tantrum or making a drama)
I'm going to be completely honest: the thing is simply that you've been acting unpleasant enough in this thread that we've decided to not let you in. I'm sorry. I hope you understand.

Last edited:
I'm going to be completely honest: the thing is simply that you've been acting unpleasant enough in this thread that we've decided to not let you in. I'm sorry. I hope you understand.
Understood.
That's a pity.

And thing about unpleasant things that actually you mean my actions.
I was really furious by the time when you said that stuff I posted are not eligible, which it drove me crazy.
I don't play SEGA games too much, so you should understand my actions on this thread.

I Hope y'all understand this.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
No stage idea just yet, but adding some Alex Kidd capsule toys:

• Gooseka the Slippery
    • Series: Alex Kidd
    • First Appearance: Alex Kidd in Miracle World
    • System Debut: Master System
Gooseka the Slippery is Janken the Great's third commander, and commander of the Stone-Head Corp. that make up Janken's forces. Despite his intimidating looks thanks to his head looking like a giant fist and having lost an eye in combat, he is the easiest of Janken's commanders to defeat seeing as he seems to lack the mystical powers of his allies and make up for it with pure brute force. In Miracle World DX he can rip solid stone out of the ground and hurl it at Alex with little difficulty...unfortunately for him, Alex Kidd has spent the last seven years perfecting a martial art that allows him to smash stone.
  • Chokkina the Sly
Chokkina the Sly is Janken's second commander, and commander of the Scissor-Head Corp. that make up Janken's forces. Chokkina has access to mystical powers able to shoot fireballs and teleport. For some reason he seems to prefer hot places hence why his first port of call upon arriving on Planet Aries was to take over the volcanic Mount Kave. In Miracle World DX alongside the aforementioned teleportation abilities he can also cause meteors to fall from the sky by stamping his feet.
  • Parpalin the Pursuer
Parpalin the Pursuer is Janken's right hand(ha) man as the first commander of the Janken army and commander of the Paper-Head Corp. that makes up Janken's forces. In Miracle World DX Parpalin has shown a great love of nature and a slightly ditzy attitude, daydreaming about flowers. He is however very wrathful and swears vengeance on any who dare step on any flowers in their lives. He attacks with control over the weather in Miracle World DX, able to summon lightning clouds to strike Alex whilst using his considerable bulk to physical threaten him. Unlike Gooseka and Chokkina, Parpalin also has a different Janken playstyle meaning he can catch players expecting the same pattern as the other two out.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #141: The Village of Lupia

Wonder-Boy-Church-section.png

(I actually pasted the whole of Lupia together but err...Smashboards has limits to what it can handle, so just enjoy the a highly compressed image of the church section)

The Village of Lupia is the bustling HUB world of Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom. Many NPCs appear here all having been transformed into various animal people by the protagonist, Jin's, Uncle Nabu.

As a stage it is a huge sprawling one, similar in size to Hyrule Castle.

If you've ever wanted to have a brawl through a beautiful market town, knocking your opponent through market stalls whilst angry animal people yell at you for destroying their livelihoods or cheer the battle on being entertained by the sheer chaos, this is a perfect opportunity.

Other features of the village include a huge windmill, which will allow players to jump upon the blades to get to higher platforms and scaffolding around Lupia.

There's also the church which proudly displays likenesses of the previous Monster World heroes; Tom-Tom, Book, Shion and of course, our girl Asha.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright, The Village of Lupia wins by default!!!!

Moving on:

Job #142: Submit a tracklist for the Village of Lupia

Just keep it to a max of 16 tracks and you're good

And also:

Job #143: Submit a Wonder Boy assist

Just keep in mind that whoever wins this job will be disconfirmed

Job 143:
Tom-Tom (Wonder Boy)

1643972360108.png

Who is Tom-Tom?
Tom-Tom, otherwise known as TomTom, Bock Lee Temjin, or sometimes even simply referred to as Boy or Wonder Boy is the protagonist of the first Wonder Boy game in the Wonder Boy series. He is a cave boy of undetermined age. He has long blonde hair tied up in a top knot, blue eyes, and wears little other than a loincloth made of leaves.
In Wonder Boy Returns, his loin cloth has a single strap holding it up over his left shoulder.

Tom-Tom was hanging out on the beach, waiting for his girlfriend Tanya when two girls arrived and began to flirt with him.

Tom-Tom is alarmed to see Tanya appear who gives him a thrashing for his cheating ways. Furious and upset with him, she crushes him under a boulder before walking away.

Tom-Tom pleas for forgiveness soon turn to yells of warning as Tanya walks away covering her ears. In doing so, she is unaware of an approaching King who proceeds to kidnap her, carrying her off into the distance.

Tom-Tom panicked he'll lose Tanya forever gives chase and battles his way through King's army, eventually coming face to face with King himself.

After a difficult battle Tom-Tom emerges the victor, taking King's trident. He spots Tanya relaxing on the beach and waves the gem rock he rips out the trident at her, proposing to her. Tanya, surprised Tom-Tom went through such lengths for her embraces him.

Unbeknownst to Tom-Tom, King transforms into cupid and gives Tanya a thumbs up which she returns. It turns out this was all a plan to make Tom-Tom realise how much Tanya meant to him.

Tom-Tom and Tanya are married and go on to have eight children together, as it was shown in the ending.

Tom-Tom is one of Iconic and well-known characters from wonder Boy series and he is the mascot of the series, so he deserves a recognition from his games that debuted back in 80's in Battle of AGES...

What's his purpose as Assist?
When summoned via Timer, he would run and jump around the stage and he could use his signature attack: the Hammer throw.
1643973126821.png

(This is how he throws the Hammers on this picture)
The Hammer has medium speed and it has strong damage, which it makes sense for a stone hammer. I'm gonna mention that he could act like Hammer Bro assist from Super Smash Bros. Games and he could be damage-based Assist like the others.
Defeating him would leave the assist early, which you can KO him.

Credit to SEGA Wiki for information about Tom-Tom:
(You can read about him to be interested)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job 143: Meka Dragon

Meka-Dragon.png

The Meka Dragon is a major antagonist in Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap and the creature responsible for cursing the second great hero, Book, transforming them into a Lizard-Man upon it's death.

In Battle of Ages, it plays a similar role:

The Meka Dragon is an area denying summon that breathes fire at opponents whilst walking backwards. Meka Dragon can be placed at the edge of stages in order to prevent recoveries with it's fire breath.

It also has a unique ability that if defeated, it will transform into a blue flame. If this blue flame touches a fighter, they will be cursed, transformed temporarily into an animal character.

This animal character varies from fighter to fighter(Alex Kidd becomes a Monkey-man, Kiryu becomes a Lizard-man, etc) but all fighters lose access to their specials upon being cursed, limiting their recovery options only being able to perform simple punch, kick and smash attacks. Whilst this does limit them, they are still perfectly capable of winning the battle whilst cursed.
After a short while the 'Salamander Cross' will appear which will lift the curse when grabbed and return the cursed fighter to normal.

Amusingly animal characters such as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and AiAi become Hu-Mans instead of animal-men, but still lack the recovery options. The blue flame will chase the player who defeated the Meka Dragon. Smart players can use this to either lead the flame to an opponent, grab and throw an opponent INTO the flame, or surprise dodge the flame to catch their opponent off guard and get them cursed instead.

Last edited:
Job 143: Meka Dragon

View attachment 344312
The Meka Dragon is a major antagonist in Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap and the creature responsible for cursing the second great hero, Book, transforming them into a Lizard-Man upon it's death.

In Battle of Ages, it plays a similar role:

The Meka Dragon is an area denying summon that breathes fire at opponents whilst walking backwards. Meka Dragon can be placed at the edge of stages in order to prevent recoveries with it's fire breath.

It also has a unique ability that if defeated, it will transform into a blue flame. If this blue flame touches a fighter, they will be cursed, transformed temporarily into an animal character.

This animal character varies from fighter to fighter(Alex Kidd becomes a Monkey-man, Kiryu becomes a Lizard-man, etc) but all fighters lose access to their specials upon being cursed, limiting their recovery options only being able to perform simple punch, kick and smash attacks. Whilst this does limit them, they are still perfectly capable of winning the battle whilst cursed.
After a short while the 'Salamander Cross' will appear which will lift the curse when grabbed and return the cursed fighter to normal.

Amusingly animal characters such as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and AiAi become Hu-Mans instead of animal-men, but still lack the recovery options. The blue flame will chase the player who defeated the Meka Dragon. Smart players can use this to either lead the flame to an opponent, grab and throw an opponent INTO the flame, or surprise dodge the flame to catch their opponent off guard and get them cursed instead.
I have Ideas for Joker and Bayonetta.
Joker coukd turn into Cat-man.
Bayonetta becomes Butterfly-woman.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Job #142: Village of Lupia tracklist
  1. Forest - Wonder Boy Returns
  2. Coral - Wonder Boy Returns
  3. Dragon’s Castle - Wonder Boy in Monster Land
  4. The Last Dungeon - Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap
  5. Vs. Dragon - Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap
  6. Monster Town - Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap
  7. Crystal Caves - Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
  8. Castle of Lupia - Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
  9. Cave Theme 1 - Wonder Boy in Monster World
  10. Boss Theme 1 - Wonder Boy in Monster World
  11. Woods Theme 1 - Wonder Boy in Monster World
  12. Main Theme/Overture - Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World
  13. Kool Dude - Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World
  14. Stream Sanctuary - Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World
  15. Labyrinth in the Sky - Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World
  16. Head Banger - Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright, so let's see what we've got

First up, OrpheusTelos' tracklist wins by default!

Secondly, we're voting on the assist. Here are our picks:

Tom-Tom ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Meka Dragon ( YoshiandToad YoshiandToad )

Here's the poll (I had trouble linking the usual one so this time I had to go back to the one we used to use):

All the while, we're starting up another job:

Job #144: Submit an item

OH WHATS THAT?????? ANOTHER ITEM JOB??????? YEAH ***** YOU BETTER BELIEVE ITS ANOTHER ITEM JOB

Job 144:
I'm gonna submit for tonygameman tonygameman to make him happy.
I don't really care about how many times I re-submitted this exact item, but why the heck not?

Job #59: Item - Ideyas (NIGHTS into Dreams)

The Ideyas are crystalline orbs that represent human dream energy and their light is what creates the Nightopians (by colliding two Ideyas) in the Night Dimension, reflecting something about the Visitors according to Owl in Journey of Dreams. The Nightmarens often steal the Ideyas from Visitors for Wizeman, which will make him able to open a portal to the human world and rule it all if enough Ideyas are stolen.

In the games, when the Visitors dualize with NiGHTS, they allow them to use their Red Ideya of Courage, the most powerful of them. This makes NiGHTS strong enough to be able to leave their prison, and to fight against the Nightmarens and even their own creator, Wizeman the Wicked.

In Battle of AGES, a jellyfish-like machine called Ideya Capture will appear in the stage, containing a random-colored Ideya (which changes until it's released from a machine) inside it. If a player destroy it as a machine explodes (which also damages nearby players except one who broke it), they will be able to pick a Ideya to grant themselves various buffs to their stats or attacks for a short period of time, up to 10 seconds in other words.
  • Red Ideya of Courage - Grants a boost in special moves.
  • White Ideya of Purity - Grants a boost in neutral attacks.
  • Blue Ideya of Intelligence - Grants a boost in defense (shield/dodging).
  • Green Ideya of Growth - Grants a boost in speed and air-dashes.
  • Yellow Ideya of Hope - Grants a boost in jump.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I mean, In my opinion Tom-Tom makes more sense as Assist, because not only his role as Assist Character, but his popularity in Wonder Boy series and he is actually an mascot of the series.
See, I am also pretty torn.

Part of me agrees that Tom-Tom is a great assist idea and he fits well for that role, but part of me is hoping to keep him back for hope as a second Wonder Boy fighter for the reasons you stated.

I can picture him edgeguarding with his stone axes, riding back and forth with his skateboard, running people down as he does so, and using the angel power up to dash through opponents as an All-Star move.

However, the other heroes also have gimmicks that could make for fun second fighters like Book or Jin with their animal transformation skills or Shion's magic abilities and equipment upgrades which seem like they could be more to work with.

I definitely think Tom-Tom needs inclusion, I just can't pick which option I prefer of the two.

See, I am also pretty torn.

Part of me agrees that Tom-Tom is a great assist idea and he fits well for that role, but part of me is hoping to keep him back for hope as a second Wonder Boy fighter for the reasons you stated.

I can picture him edgeguarding with his stone axes, riding back and forth with his skateboard, running people down as he does so, and using the angel power up to dash through opponents as an All-Star move.

However, the other heroes also have gimmicks that could make for fun second fighters like Book or Jin with their animal transformation skills or Shion's magic abilities and equipment upgrades which seem like they could be more to work with.

I definitely think Tom-Tom needs inclusion, I just can't pick which option I prefer of the two.
The thing what are you saying really makes sense.

Top Bottom