• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Battle of AGES, a SEGA platform fighter

What's the roster number gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright: osby's tracklist wins by default!

Moving on:

Job #110: Submit a Super Monkey Ball assist

monki is your friend

monki is trustworthy

monki will always be there to assist you in battle

however

keep in mind

if monki assist you, then monki cannot fully fight on its own

this is important

now then, please submit Monke

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #110: Jam

Jam-Banana-Splitz.png

This exercise obsessed ape works as a fitness instructor for AiAi, MeeMee, Baby, GonGon, Doctor and YanYan, encouraging them to get fit and push themselves further. He does this via cheering them on.
Now Jam can be YOUR personal instructor too, encouraging you to go harder, faster and become better for a brief period when summoned.

When Jam is called, he will cheer the fighter who summoned him on dancing and generally shouting words of encouragement.

This will increase the summoner's speed, strength, jumping distance and defence for a brief 15 second window, giving them a second wind and allowing them to surpass their normal abilities, allowing them to KO opponents far easier than before. For that 15 second period you're a fitness GOD.

The downside is after overexerting yourself for those 15 seconds, your fighter's body will need some rest, slowing your fighter down for 7 seconds to recover.

During this time you'll move at half speed, jump half the height of normal, and your attack power will be halfed, although you won't take twice as much damage if attacked.

Job 110:
Dr. Badboon (Super Monkey Ball)

Dr. Badboon strikes back for BATTLE OF AGES! ......But as an Assist Character!?

Dr. Badboon is Antagonist of Super Monkey Ball series. He is scientist, who came from Future and he tries to threaten the Monkey Ball world because of AiAi, who stole his love and he revenged on him with plan of time travel to prevent AiAi from stealing MeeMee.

Dr. Badboon is most memorable villain of Monkey Ball series and you guys know the Monkey Menace from Monkey Ball games.

When summoned, he would go into Background and he will hover in air and laughing, but he will activate his random deadly inventions that could make opponents fight in Fright.
The Inventions:
  • Shrink Ray: Dr. Badboon Shrinks all fighter except summoner for while,
  • Bomb Drop: Dr. Badboon drops a bomb on stage that explodes with radius of Whole stage; Only Summoner can survive the explosion,
  • Robot Army: Dr. Badboon summons AiAi robots to attack opponents, making them unable to attack. The robots can be destroyed.

He can't be KOed as Assist.

I nominate Dr. Badboon, because he is memorable Monkey Ball character and he could be fun assist to play like imagine what if a game was with Shrunken fighters due to Dr. Badboon's activity or dropping a bomb on intensive match. He should be an Assist Character due to having limited moveset and he as Assist could perfectly fits in game as piece of Puzzle.
That's all I say about Dr. Badboon.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Alright: osby's tracklist wins by default!

Moving on:

Job #110: Submit a Super Monkey Ball assist

monki is your friend

monki is trustworthy

monki will always be there to assist you in battle

however

keep in mind

if monki assist you, then monki cannot fully fight on its own

this is important

now then, please submit Monke
Job #110
Character Name: Robo-Baby
Character Origin: Monkey Ball (2001)/Super Monkey Ball 3D (2011)

1638390545878.png
1638390571343.png

A-a child?! On the battlefield?! Turns out Baby might not be so helpless after all, as its journey from the future has gifted it a powerful tool - a robotic suit that it can wear to hold its own alongside papa AiAi! Turns out, having a robot suit does make you pretty heavy, but Baby's here to help nonetheless.

When summoned, Baby leaps upward and forward, having a particularly high jump height. Upon landing, it creates a shockwave around it, which is in reference to Baby's Special Attack in Monkey Fight, the mode from Super Monkey Ball 3D that his suit originates from (and is named Sonic Wave.) If Baby's mech lands on the opponent directly, it deals meaty damage, burying them in the process - but, if hit by the resulting shockwave, they're stunned for a moment, before being launched - though with slightly less damage.

However, upon landing, Baby has to take a moment to position himself in order to jump again, during which time he's open to be punished. This pattern will repeat a total of four times, before Baby disappears in the same way many Assists would. Notably, despite Baby being, well, a baby, he's pretty heavy due to his robotic suit - though this also makes him a pretty fast faller, so watch out below!

But... why Baby? Well, I think the main reason is because Baby is one of the "old guard," being present since the earliest game in the series - but is also unlikely to get in before a character like MeeMee or GonGon. However, it gives them a combination of recognisability and safety, given they're unlikely to appear. The mech is simply here to make them more imaginative, and also has a neat side effect of representing the later era of Monkey Ball as a whole. Also, my idea for this is that Baby uses his modern design, whilst Monkey Target could use his classic design maybe?

Feel free to tell me if Baby is inelegible due to being present as a part of a stage hazard on the Monkey Target stage, however - I can probably wriggle in another submission if you like.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Da votes are in:

Jam: 7
Bad-Boon: 6
Baby: 17
GonGon: 3

And by quite a landslide, Robo-Baby will be our Super Monkey Ball assist!

That's that for monki. One more job before we get to HotD stuff:

Job #111: Submit a new mode for the "Vault" section

Indeed, we'll be adding just one more vote to complete the Vault. For reference, here is our current selection of modes in the Vault:
Vault
-Records
-Photo Album
-Art Gallery
-Replays
-Asobin's Tips
-Achievements
-Sound Test
-Capsule Toy Collection
-Capsule Toy Machine (works like the trophy lottery in Melee)
-VMU RPG
-Shop (sells music tracks, extra alternate cos
I think this should give you a good enough idea of the kinda stuff we're looking for here. So, y'know, go ahead! Submit a mode! Describe the mode! In the meantime, I'll be updating everything to account for our final monki

Job 111:
SEGA DEMOS

The SEGA Demos are like Masterpieces in Smash, which you play short demo of Sega game and it takes 5 minutes of it. Some of them are default and others are Unlockable.

I have examples of Sega Demos:
  • Sonic The Hedgehog (only Green Hill Zone)
  • Super Monkey Ball (only 1st Level)
  • Space Harrier (Planet Moot - First Level)

I nominate Sega Demos, because it could make BATTLE OF AGES more playable and exciting, like playing old Sega game demos would bring a lot of Nostalgia for SEGA Fans.
It also could act like Classics on SEGA Racing by KneeOfJustice99 and both Masterpieces from Smash.

Like if you agree with me.

Last edited:
Job #111: SEGA Classics

Just like how Brawl and Smash 4 has short playable demos of classic Nintendo games, we could implement something similar for classic arcade, Master System, and Genesis/Mega Drive games. Sega is no stranger to including older games within their own titles, whether it be the unlockable 8-bit Sonic games in Adventure DX or the arcade games in Yakuza and Shenmue, so something like this feels like a natural inclusion. Hell, we could even forego the time limit of Smash’s masterpieces and just have the full games playable.
Well, I would wanna mix my idea with yours, since they're both similar and it would be cool.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job #111: Wacky Worlds (or "Diorama")

1638565664808.png

First, some background: Wacky Worlds Creativity Studio is an unusual game for the Sega Genesis that's more like a virtual sticker book. On the main menu, players can move Sonic in his spaceship to any of the worlds on the screen, which will load up a themed world that the player can then put animated sprites in, remix the music of, or just in general mess around in. It's not a very deep game, but it's pretty cute and fun for its time. It's notable because you could even add Sonic, Tails, or Toejam and Earl into your scenes, and you could recolor all parts of a scene (such as backgrounds or sprites) to make some really crazy stuff!

My idea is thus: a mode where a player can create their own little diorama-esque Wacky Worlds scene! You could use the backgrounds from the included stages (or, project-permitting, perhaps even unlock unique backgrounds representing series' and stages that aren't in?) and you can place and pose character models and capsule toys to create scenes you can then enter a photo mode to take pictures of. I think this could be a really fun way to unite a lot of our collectibles in an interactive way, even including the Artwork as ways to texture and recolor different parts of the scene or as paintings/signs you can place. It can be a 3D diorama you can upload or you can take photos to make your own comics on social media and what-have-you. Either way, it's your own little playground for the stuff you find.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Job #111 - Museum

I think a cool addition could be a sort of Museum mode. You wouldn't have to unlock any of it, but essentially, there's a "museum" that acts as a way to physically store all the bonus stuff. For instance, the soundtest could be on a jukebox at the back of the room - you could see fighter bios here too, check out art, and so on.

I'd also like to suggest that as part of the Museum, various games that a character has appeared in has a description and maybe a 3d model of the box art, kinda like an expanded edition of the Chronicle seen in Brawl - for instance, Sonic could have the box art for Sonic 1 rendered in 3d, then you could open it up and look through the manual. Even if it was only for the game of origin for each character, it could be a cool little addition that would be there just for fun to really cement this as the ultimate celebration of, well, SEGA!

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
And the votes are in: our next (and most likely final) vault mode will be the Diorama!!!!!

We will now begin to cover the other character we just added:

Job #112: Submit a moveset for Busujima

And now we'll start putting together a moveset for the man himself! As usual, here is the Sacred Moveset Format:

-General playstyle overview
-Notable normal attacks
-Specials and All-Star Move
-Misc. info

Now then, I acknowledge that Rikiya is probably the most niche character we've included so far, so here's a handy-dandy gameplay video for reference:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Job #112 - Rikiya Busujima moveset

I’ll admit that I am far from a House of the Dead expert, much less a Zombie Revenge expert, so feel free to correct me if there are any big inaccuracies in this moveset. I mainly used a GameFAQs guide, the gameplay video linked above, and Speed Weed’s original pitch for the character as references to pull from.

General playstyle: Busujima is an absolute powerhouse in every sense of the word. He’s one of the slower characters on this roster, but his powerful attacks more than make up for his lack of mobility. He’s not the kind of character you’d use if you’re looking to rack up combos, rather he’s there to deal large meaty hits that feel satisfying to land. And yes, a majority of his punching attacks result in explosions. This is very important to note.

Notable normals: Busujima’s jab consists of him doing two punches, a kick, and then a knife slash. For his up tilt, he performs a sommersalt kick. His up air is also a sommersalt kick. his neutral air has him performing a lariat attack. His forward tilt has him kicking forward as if he’s kicking down a door. His forward smash has him put both of his fists together to punch forward. He slashes upward with his knife for his up smash, and his down smash has him punching downward at an angle. For his dash attack, he’ll quickly roll forward. Busujima will grab an enemy by the shoulder (or for fighters that don’t have arms like Opa-Opa, whatever the closest approximation to an arm is for them) and punches them with his other hand. For his down throw, he’ll place the enemy in a leglock and slam them down to the ground with him. His up throw has him explode his opponent, launching them in the air.

Neutral Special: Shoot - When tapping the special button, Busujima will pull out his dual hand guns and begin shooting, dealing quick chip damage. Busujima can also move as he fires the handguns. If you hold the button, Busujima will take out the guitar case and begin charging up. Once the button is released, a rapid barrage of bullets will shoot from the guitar and pelt anyone in Busujima’s way.

Side Special: Weapon Roulette - Busujima will rotate between multiple different melee weapons in a set order, each of which with different effects and utilities. The weapon Busujima currently has equipped will show up next to his character portrait.
Axe - Busujima takes a large swing with his axe do deal massive damage.
Grenade - A grenade is thrown at a short distance, creating a decently-sized explosion.
Taser - Busujima takes out a taser and zaps his opponent with it. The attack deals minimal damage, but stuns the opponent in place for a short period of time.
Drill - Busujima takes out a drill and holds it in front of him, dealing rapid damage to the opponent.

Up Special: Busujima Uppercut - Busujima will launch himself in the air while performing an uppercut. When the special button is tapped again, he’ll slam both fists onto the ground, creating an explosion.

Down Special: Gasoline Ignition -
Busujima will take out a container of gasoline and pour it in front of him, able to move freely as he drenches the floor with it. Once the floor is nice and wet, Busujima can use any of his firearm or explosion punch attacks to create a line of fire. Do keep in mind that this attack can also damage Busujima if he gets too close to the gasoline, and other fighters can also activate the gasoline if they use a firearm or fire-based attack near it. There’s also a limited supply of gas per stock, meaning if you run out, you can’t pour more until you get knocked out.

All-Star Move: Zombie Revenge - Busujima fires one shot from his handgun to activate his All-Star Move. If the bullet hits an opponent, it will trigger a cutscene where Stick and Linda fly in from a helicopter to assist their friend. They’ll gun down their target from the sky, after which Busujima will run up and deliver a finishing blow which results in a massive explosion.

Taunts:
  1. Busujima loads up his hand gun and holds it up at an angle
  2. Busujima shakes his fist in front of him and says “It’s not over yet!”
  3. Busujima says “I smell evil” as he holds his gun upwards and looks both ways.
Victory animations:
  1. Busujima stands straight with his gun by his side saying “You’re not afraid to die, are you?”
  2. Busujima looks up at the sky and says “What a beautiful moon”
  3. Busujima gets up off the ground and says “We’ve still got a lot to do!”
Victory Theme: Zombie Revenge (shortened remix)

Alts
  1. Default (Shirtless with jeans)
  2. Alternate outfit (Wearing a suit, tie, and hat)
  3. Stick alt (Shirtless with blonde hair)
  4. Linda alt (Yellow suit with blonde hair)
  5. Marco alt (Shirtless with darker skin and brown pants)
  6. ZED alt (Dark blue suit with silver hair)
  7. Zobio alt (Shirtless with green skin and tattered brown pants)
  8. Zobiko alt (Black suit with pale skin and blonde hair)
Other notes: To remain authentic to the Zombie Revenge experience, Busujima’s voice will not be dubbed and he will always speak Japanese regardless of which language you’re playing on.

Last edited:
Job 113:
Curien Mansion (The House of Dead)

1639171904213.png

Curien Mansion is one of most Iconic places and main setting of House of Dead series. It's a mansion, where the Monsters and Zombies reside and Rikuya & Gang try to kill the Monsters in this Haunted Mansion. The Mansion appeared in 2 SEGA allstars racing games as Track representing House of Dead franchise.

The Layout is like Luigi's Mansion, but bigger like Great Cave offensive and there are rooms resembling areas of Curien Mansion like Wedding area with Zobio and Zobiko or Magician's Room, where Magician resides. Also, there are Zombies as Hazards, who can attack you suddenly when you approach them, but you can kill them with your attacks.
The cameos are Bosses from House of Dead like Magician or others, who appear in Background.

This Stage could fit Rikiya, so that's why I nominated the Curien Mansion.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Oh well, there was a time when Champion of Hyrule and I both made a OutRun stage back at early times of this thread, but at least I believe that my view on Curien Mansion would be different enough from Tankman's.

Some of the ideas for this stage mostly came from Perkilator Perkilator , hence the original concept linked there.

Job #113: House of the Dead Stage - Curien Mansion

Description:
The Curien Mansion is an estate owned by genetic engineer Dr. Curien, which was originally built in the Middle Ages and housed a research facility for human genome experiments conducted by the DBR Corporation, having created various hostile biologically-engineered creatures that threaten mankind and released them after going insane when the property was linked to disappearances in December 1998, thus starting the events of the original 1996 arcade game.

It also appeared in the non-canonical spin-off Zombie Revenge (serving as the base of operations for ZED, a bioterrorist; in topic as Busujima is our HOTD rep), Project X Zone as a battlefield (which involve Busujima himself and Resident Evil protagonists, Chris Redfield & Jill Valentine, teaming up - a coincidence on similarities? I think not) and the SEGA All-Stars series, with it's front yard being a court in SEGA Superstars Tennis with a mini-game and race tracks in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing and it's sequel, Transformed.

Stage Layout:
Instead of being inside the mansion, the fight takes place outside the doors leading into it. The main platform is the bottom of the stairs that lead to the main door, with two long set of stairs on either side. These stairs are suspended over a moat that can be swam in. Each of the suspended stairs have at least one zombie on them (sometimes two), who act as stage hazards. When a zombie grabs the fighter, it bites them and then tosses them aside. These zombies can be attacked, but they can only be knocked out before rising after a while and continue attacking fighters.

Meanwhile in the background, original protagonists/heroes, AMS agents Agent G and Thomas Rogan, are seen driving in their car, jumping out of it's doors and will start shooting zombies & various other creatures while rescuing scientists (who are non-playable hostages) that are held captive by them by using their handguns. They all count as background cameos, who doesn't interfere the fight unlike zombie enemies.

In addition to these, Dr. Curien will sometimes appear and summon one of first three bosses from the same game (who also returned in Scarlet Dawn), as they jump to the center platform and act as a stage boss, with only one appearing per match on this stage.
  • Chariot: Slowly walks around on the center platform and swings his axe, which does huge damage with medium knockback. His weak point is his body, which can be revealed by attacking the open armor spot near his right shoulder.
  • Hangedman: Sends an army of bats after fighters (that deal both small damage and knockback) and also sometimes grabs one of them, drowning them if they don't break free by mashing the button or wiggle the control stick, chucking them into the moat. He can be damaged by simply attacking his entire body.
  • Hermit: Spins a web around the stage that can immobilize fighters for a while and attacks any of them on the center platform with its claws, able to be damaged by attacking it's head as a weak point.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Gonna submit some capsule toys for series that could really use some more.

Akira Nishikiyama
  • Series: Yakuza
  • First Appearance: Yakuza (2005)
  • System Debut: Playstation 2
Nishki is Kiryu’s adoptive brother and former close friend. Developing a deep inferiority complex against Kiryu, he’s determined to do whatever he can to prove himself worthy of being chairman of the Dojima family, even if it means turning on his former friends.

Teddie
  • Series: Persona
  • First Appearance: Persona 4 (2008)
  • System Debut: Playstation 2
Residing inside the Midnight Channel, Teddie is the Investigation Teams’s bear-y adorable mascot and temporary navigator. He tags along with the gang in hopes of finding out who’s been throwing people into the Midnight Channel and potentially discovering what his purpose in life is.

Cupil
  • Series: Skies of Arcadia
  • First Appearance: Skies of Arcadia (2000)
  • System Debut: Dreamcast
This adorable creature is Fina’s pet that she’s had since childhood. It also serves as her weapon of choice, being able to transform into any weapon to attack enemies. Don’t let its cute looks fool you, because Cupil’s shapeshifting abilities make it a force to be reckoned with.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I may as well submit a couple of capsule toys too! :D

Jaguar
A skilled, though mysterious, reporter who joined the Space Pirates in search of truth, but used to work for Space Channel 5 himself! His design here is as we saw him back in his early days - long before the kinda funky news flash!

Demonee-Ho
A world-class rookie warrior with a 100% success rate so far, Demonee-Ho is a demon from the Shin Megami Tensei series with a custom-built Demonica suit. Interestingly, it appears to be a recreation of the suit worn by the protagonist, even down to the single white sleeve! Legend says he's not to be underestimated...

SEGA 32X
The SEGA 32X was a peripheral released for the SEGA Genesis in the year 1994 or 1995 in the EU, which had its own unique library of games exclusive to the peripheral, including Knuckles' Chaotix, Virtua Racing Deluxe, Tempo and Cosmic Carnage, amongst others.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I want to submit a few artworks

Name: Typing Of The Dead
Series: House Of The Dead
Origin: The CD Case for the Japanese release of Typing Of The Dead

Name: Zobio & Zobiko
Series: Loving Deads: The House of the Dead EX
Origin: A Graphic from an ending in Loving Deads: The House of the Dead EX

Name: Fulfiller Of Dreams
Series: Yakuza
Origin: A Promotional Piece of Art made for Yakuza 5