• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Battle of AGES, a SEGA platform fighter

What's the roster number gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Job 86:
Space Harrier

The SEGA Classic game named Space Harrier that is Timeless and most important series to the History of SEGA that influenced Nintendo to Make Star Fox and made Someone to make games in PlatiniumGames. Also, it would be cool to include the Minigame, since Space Harrier is Dead IP (not counting remakes or Ports), so we can bring it back with power of BATTLE OF AGES! Speaking of Timeless classic, it was also Made by guy, who created After-Burner and OutRun.

The minigame, where fighter are Space Harriers and they attack Dragons, Idas, Robots and Mammoths. Before the minigame starts, you need to equip Minigame-Exclusive item called Harrier's Cannon and before starting the Minigame, you need to jump high into air start flying and shooting like in OG Space Harrier. It works like Rail-Shooter, but it focuses on Killing Enemies to get points. After swarm of enemies, there is boss called Squilla and you need to defeat it to pass to another Stage with more enemies or more psychadelic themes.
If you crash into enemy or crash into ground, this would mean GAME OVER.

Each fighter has own stats, like Sonic is the Fastest flyer, Opa-Opa can High fly, Akira Yuki has stronger damage, Dr. Eggman is more heavier, but he can resist 3 Enemy Crashes and etc.
The stats of Characters are like gimmicks to Space Harrier that could make game easier, but it sometimes makes harder to play.

D

Deleted member

Columns

A puzzle game that Sega seems to love to re release. The mini game would play pretty much exactly how the original game did, a tetris style match three puzzle game. Perhaps there could be themed versions for each franchise.

This isn't a franchise that could really be represented in most other ways. So it would be good to include it here.

Last edited by a moderator:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
What I like about the Sega Superstars Tennis mini games that Speed Weed used in the explaination for this job is that those mini games all took the base gameplay of Sega Superstars Tennis and gave them a flavoured twist; for example the House of the Dead game still involves characters playing Tennis to 'shoot' the zombies, and likewise changing the controls of the ChuChu Rocket panels still involved hitting them with tennis balls.

So for this mini game idea I thought I'd try and stick with the core gameplay of Battle of Ages but with a themed twist. I was torn between two franchises but thought this one was the less likely one to get a playable fighter;

Job #86: Crazy Taxi
Alright so bare with me here, this might take a little explaination.

All characters from the main game are available to play, with each character having the unlockable rickshaw 'car' from Crazy Taxi:
Rickshaw item.jpg

Well...minus the bike part anyway.

For this mini game every character will be booking it on foot, dragging behind them a rickshaw cart in which they can pick up NPC characters.

These NPC characters can consist of characters who didn't quite make the fighters roster; Pai Chan needing to get downtown to her father's restaurant, taking a Seaman to the ocean, taking Majima to a fancy dress shop, taking Adam Hunter to the police station, etc, etc.

Faster characters such as Sonic and Nei can make it to locations very quickly with the trade off that their rickshaws are a little smaller and thus can carry less passengers.
Aerial characters such as Opa-Opa, NiGHTS and Tails can take shortcuts to higher locations, but they also have limited room in their rickshaws.
Jack of all stats characters such as Alex Kidd or Vyse have a larger rickshaw capacity than Sonic or Opa-Opa but less than Akira and Eggman.
Strong and heavy characters such as Akira or Dr. Eggman can carry more passengers, but cannot make it to the locations as quickly as their more fleet of foot opponents.

Players then run around a large Smash Run style city stage taking the passengers to their locations of choices(guided by a giant green arrow on each player's split screen), with further away locations earning bigger cash prizes.

Whoever has the most CRRRRAAAAAZY MONEY at the end when time runs out is the winner.

However...there's a twist as this is Battle of Ages:
Players can attack one another to steal passengers along the way, similar to the Capture the Chao mode we introduced to the main game. All moves from the main game can be used here, as the rickshaw follows the player closely, allowing for things such as specials, throws and even the All-Star move to be unleashed on your fellow taxi drivers.

Getting KO'd or even caused too much damage will cause passengers to jump to the attackers rickshaw. Bigger characters can take advantage of this to net more points and customers from their speedier rivals. Bonus money is also awarded by the passengers for a successful steal or KO, making players have to decide between battling or successful deliveries. Naturally using your All-Star move on an opponent will not only steal all their passengers(providing you have room) but also net you a huge CRAZY BONUS at the end of the round, rewarding the player with a delicious stack of CRAZY MONEY.

The punk tunes of the Offspring would accompany this mini game, because Crazy Taxi is Crazy Taxi.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
And with that, the votes are in: Alis' Party will be our Phantasy Star assist! Do keep in mind that this means Alis, Myau, Odin and Lutz are all disqualified for a playable spot now.

Anyway, that's that for our intitial wave of PS content. Looking at the things we still have yet to cover......I think it's time we start talking minigames.

For the record, yes, we will indeed have a few minigames - in a similar vein to the likes of Home-Run Contest and Break the Targets and whatnot - in this project. I thought for a bit on how to handle them and I thought that ultimately the more fun route and the one that gave us more creative material to work with was to base them off of different SEGA properties. SEGA Superstars Tennis had something like this, where you had side missions that were based on stuff like Space Harrier, Puyo Puyo and Virtua Cop, but we're doing something closer to Smash's Stadium modes, though, again, still basing themselves off of SEGA stuff.

So yeah, that'll be our next job!

Job #86: Submit a minigame based on a SEGA property - round 1

So here we go! I've just said most of what I had to say, though as you can probably tell by the "round 1" in there, we'll be doing more of these jobs as time goes on, this won't be a one-and-done thing.

So yeah, as stated, just submit an idea for a minigame that's based on a SEGA thing! I'm excited to see what you people can pull out this time
Okay, this might seem like a bit of a weirder one, but hear me out.

"VMU RPG Battle!" (or a better name if anyone can think of one)

Whilst not specifically based on a single SEGA IP, the idea of this is that it takes the form of an RPG battle, perhaps against a "rival" of some sort in the roster - or perhaps even non-playable characters from various turn-based SEGA RPGs, such as the Shining Force series and the Phantasy Star series.

The "gimmick", however, is that it takes the visual appearance of a VMU screen (as in the Dreamcast "peripheral", even if it's not quite that by definition?) The main gameplay gimmick is that you get access to your four special attacks as your RPG attacks, as well as basic stuff such as blocking, a "basic attack" and so on.

The gameplay of the RPG battle itself is somewhat comparable to that of the Phantasy Star series, though whether to use rear-on or side-on battle formats is... a little up in the air.

I'd also like the idea that canonically, it's actually the characters in the game playing on physical VMUs, and there would be an "overlay" around the "screen" in the form of the VMU itself. Interestingly, it's possible to get random "colours," based on the character you play.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Okay, this might seem like a bit of a weirder one, but hear me out.

"VMU RPG Battle!" (or a better name if anyone can think of one)

Whilst not specifically based on a single SEGA IP, the idea of this is that it takes the form of an RPG battle, perhaps against a "rival" of some sort in the roster - or perhaps even non-playable characters from various turn-based SEGA RPGs, such as the Shining Force series and the Phantasy Star series.

The "gimmick", however, is that it takes the visual appearance of a VMU screen (as in the Dreamcast "peripheral", even if it's not quite that by definition?) The main gameplay gimmick is that you get access to your four special attacks as your RPG attacks, as well as basic stuff such as blocking, a "basic attack" and so on.

The gameplay of the RPG battle itself is somewhat comparable to that of the Phantasy Star series, though whether to use rear-on or side-on battle formats is... a little up in the air.

I'd also like the idea that canonically, it's actually the characters in the game playing on physical VMUs, and there would be an "overlay" around the "screen" in the form of the VMU itself. Interestingly, it's possible to get random "colours," based on the character you play.
So here's the thing

We already have something like this as its own separate mode

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

Auramaster123

Smash Rookie
NNID
ethanmarks123
3DS FC
0319-3874-6202
Switch FC
SW-8154-8557-2215
View attachment 311627

"WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL"

Aight, so.......yeah I guess I got on the bandwagon. I've complained about the abundance of game creation threads before, but honestly? I've kinda mellowed out on the issue. I've realized the source of my annoyance was that some of the threads being created at that time A. simply weren't well-organized, or B. were premises that are niche enough to most people visiting these threads that the submissions were either really safe or really random, which made things...not fun. The lack of organization is something I'd like to actively combat with this one, and I think this concept is one a good enough amount of people here can get behind.......

We're going to make a SEGA-themed Smash Bros. clone.

So I imagine most of you know how doing a concept for a Smash (or Smash-styled at least) game would work by now, yeah? Come on, I know you've all been to the Smash Infinite thread. This is going to be pretty similar to that, so you can carry over some of your knowledge of making this kinda stuff from there to here, which hopefully might make this easier to start off! We'll start by voting on the first few characters and some of the game's core details, then as it goes on we'll start dipping into stages and items and modes and so on and so forth.

Worth noting as well that I'm planning on making this more streamlined and relaxed than other threads in this vein. There won't be any crazy systems going on here or there, we'll simply be submitting and voting on content as it comes. An example of this is that submission periods are gonna be longer for two reasons: first, I've got a pretty busy life, and second (and this is important): I want to encourage people who aren't as knowledgeable about SEGA to take their time and do some research before submitting.

Now then, here's what we've got so far:

-All-Star Moves are activated through a meter
-Battles are stamina-based
-Characters can air dash
-Assists are summoned through a cooldown timer

-Takenobu Mitsuyoshi as the announcer cause he should be the announcer in every SEGA game ever
-Main collectable: Capsule Toys
Sonic the Hedgehog
-Sonic the Hedgehog
-Tails
-Dr. Eggman
-Rouge the Bat
-Big the Cat
-Chaos
-Perfect Chaos
-Wisps
-Egg Pawn
-Motobug
-Crabmeat
-Batbrain
-Buzz Bomber
-Eggrobo
-Metal Sonic
-Tails Doll
-Metal Knuckles
-Orbot and Cubot
-Infinite
-The Deadly Six
Virtua Fighter
-Akira Yuki
-Sarah Bryant
-Jacky Bryant
-Lau Chan
-Dural
-Eileen
Alex Kidd
-Alex Kidd
-Janken the Great
-Stella
Yakuza
-Kazuma Kiryu
-Ichiban Kasuga
-Goro Majima
-Haruka Sawamura
-Koichi Adachi
-Yū Nanba
-Saeko Mukoda
-Eri Kamataki
Sakura Wars
-Sakura Shinguji
-Ciseaux
-Seijuro Kamiyama
Space Channel 5
-Ulala
-Pudding
-Morolians
Fantasy Zone
-Opa-Opa
-U.S.B.M.G.S. Tot
-Shop Lady
-O-Papa
Streets of Rage
-Axel Stone
-Adam Hunter
-Eddie "Skate" Hunter
-Cherry Hunter
Skies of Arcadia
-Vyse
-Fina
Persona
-Joker
-Morgana
-Ryuji Sakamoto
-Ann Takamaki
-Yusuke Kitagawa
-Makoto Nijima
-Haru Okumura
-Rise Kujikawa
NiGHTS
-NiGHTS
-Owl
-Wizeman
-Nightopian
-Claris and Elliot
-Will and Helen
Bayonetta
-Bayonetta
-Enzo
-Madama Butterfly
-Gomorrah
-Rodin
Phantasy Star
-Nei
-Rolf
-Rudo
-Amy
-Alis Landale
-Myau
-Odin
-Lutz
-Elenor Camuel
-Matoi
Other
-The game's results screen theme is Last Wave
-Rollback netcode
-The menu guide is Professor Asobin

Vs.
-Regular Battle
-Tourney
-Capture the Chao

Solo/Games and More
-Arcade Mode (the "route" showcased in the linked post is only an example)
-All-Star Mode
-Mission Mode
-Training Mode
-Minigames
-Boss Battles

Vault
-Records
-Photo Album
-Art Gallery
-Replays
-Asobin's Tips
-Achievements
-Sound Test
-Capsule Toy Collection
-Capsule Toy Machine (works like the trophy lottery in Melee)
-VMU RPG
-Shop (sells music tracks, extra alternate costumes, and pieces of artwork)

-Casual Match
-Ranked Match
-Private Room
-Spectate

SIDENOTES:
-Each piece of art in the gallery comes with a fun fact or dev tidbit
-The shop theme is the same one from Fantasy Zone

Sonic the Hedgehog
Virtua Fighter
Alex Kidd
Yakuza
Sakura Wars
Space Channel 5
Fantasy Zone
Streets of Rage
Skies of Arcadia
Persona
NiGHTS
Bayonetta
Phantasy Star
Other

So let's see how this goes!​
If I may ask, is there a Demo of this I can download? Or is there still more to be worked on? I completely understand games take time, I'm just interested in the idea of this.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
If I may ask, is there a Demo of this I can download? Or is there still more to be worked on? I completely understand games take time, I'm just interested in the idea of this.
It's just a what-if 'creation' thread we're writing ideas for, not a real fan-game.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
We don't actually work on software.

This is a concept this thread collectively plans as a "what if" project. Think of it as a pretend play of game development.

Auramaster123

Smash Rookie
NNID
ethanmarks123
3DS FC
0319-3874-6202
Switch FC
SW-8154-8557-2215
We don't actually work on software.

This is a concept this thread collectively plans as a "what if" project. Think of it as a pretend play of game development.
Oh. Well, either way, this seems like a neat idea. I feel like it actually would make for a good fan-game. Anyway, have fun brainstorming!

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
And the votes are in:

After Burner: 2 points
Monkey Ball: 8 points
Space Harrier: 1 points
Columns: 2 points
Crazy Taxi: 11 points

That's right: our first minigame will be Craaaaaaaaaaazy Taxi!!!!!

And with that, we move on to our next character prompt. This one, though, takes some explaining. So make sure ya sit back, read the prompt well, and if you still have any questions then shoot 'em at me. Bear with me on this one:

Job #87: Submit a SEGA character from an IP that.....wasn't directly created by SEGA

No, this isn't a guest character prompt, let me make that clear. This is still about SEGA characters. I get that this might sound a bit confusing, but let me explain:

So to borrow an established Smash discussion term, this prompt is basically for what we'd call "second-party" characters. Basically characters from IP that aren't in-house SEGA creations. Now, I understand this might still seem pretty vague, so there are two major categories that I'm considering here and that this prompt entails. This includes either:
  • A. IP that SEGA own as a result of acquisitions or mergers
  • B. IP that were developed by third-party studios but are owned by SEGA
If it helps, the two characters currently in our roster that I know of that would fit this criteria are Bayonetta and Joker. Of course, the "core" in-house-created SEGA characters are fantastic in their own right, but I think it'd be interesting if we beefed up the representation for the other side of the coin here cause really, you'd be surprised at just how much ground this actually covers! So to summarize things, if a SEGA IP's original developers weren't an in-house SEGA studio founded within SEGA (this is where acquired IP come into play), it's on the table.

With all this said, as usual, only characters from series new to this roster are allowed. I understand that this is easily the most niche character prompt we've had so far, so I encourage you to do some research on what IP might fit this criteria! And again, if you still have any questions about what is or isn't eligible, then feel free to ask me - I might take a while to reply though cause I'm going to sleep, like, right after I post this.

I hope you understood, and as always, I'm excited to see what you people can pull out this time!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Achilles (Total War Saga: Troy)

Total War is a franchised developed by Creative Assembly, Total war is a premiere 4X strategy series helping push along many features that would become staples of the genre. Total War Saga: Troy is a turn based spin off. Combining both franchises into Achilles' kit could be interesting giving him not only abilities from Troy but also a strategy aspect.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Submitting Raidou for the second time in a row. Hopefully this’ll be Megaten’s time to shine now.
Job #81: Raidou Kuzunoha (SMT: Devil Summoner)

Raidou Kuzunoha XIV is the protagonist of the Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha subseries of Megaten games. He comes from a lineage of demon summoners who have claimed the Raidou Kuzunoha title, and he works for the Narumi Detective Agency to help protect the capital from supernatural threats. And just like any good magical girl protagonist, he has a snarky talking cat sidekick named Gouto.

I already went over how big of a deal Megami Tensei was in the Demi-Fiend write-up so I’ll spare y’all the details, but the short version is that it’s Atlus’ flagship franchise and has a ****-ton of history behind it. Instead, I’m gonna talk about what makes Raidou stand out from other SMT games. Unlike most games under the Megaten umbrella that stick with the tried-and-true turn-based combat system, Raidou ditches that in favor of a real-time action system (think something similar to the Tales of series with a tiny bit of Devil May Cry thrown in). While it’s been proven time and time again that turn-based characters can make the transition into more action-heavy games, I think the combat of Raidou makes envisioning a moveset for him that much easier since most of the work has already been done.

Speaking of, Raidou’s moveset potential sticks out amongst other potential SMT picks. Starting off, his two weapons of choice are a katana and a revolver, a unique weapon combo we have yet to see on this roster. Aside from that, Raidou can also call upon demons using summoning tubes (basically the closest thing Megaten has to a Pokè Ball equivalent). While any SMT protag could have a demon summoning mechanic, the way it’s implemented in Raidou would be the most interesting and intuitive way to translate it into a fighting game in my opinion. This could be as simple as calling out demons for his specials and switching between them, but if we were to go deeper and pull mechanics from Devil Summoner, Raidou could perform a powerful combination attack with whichever demon he has out after a loyalty gauge is filled.

While not as all-encompassing as Demi-Fiend, Raidou’s presence is still felt throughout the Megaten franchise. In Nocturne’s third release and HD port, he takes Dante from the Devil May Cry series’ place as the special guest character and optional party member. He also appears as a secret boss in the 3DS version of Soul Hackers and has even been referenced by-name in Persona 4. There’s also a new demon hunting character in SMT V, Shohei Yamuko, that shares a striking resemblance to our Devil Summoning friend over here. The two characters even share a Japanese voice actor, so there's no way the character wasn’t a direct reference to Raidou. It’s also worth noting that even before the Atlus buyout, the Devil Summoner games have always had an especially strong association with Sega. The first two games were originally Saturn exclusives, and while Raidou was released on the PS2 well after Sega went third-party, this still gives Devil Summoner a deeper Sega connection than most Megaten games that came before Atlus was acquired. That’s not to say it makes other SMT reps less worthy, but it’s a fun detail to point out.

Also, I’m gonna be blunt, The main reason I’m pitching Raidou above all else is because he’s just cool as ****. His design kicks ass and the concept of an early-1900s Japanese detective who can summon demons and fights with a revolver and katana is simply incredible. He would definitely stand out aesthetically among the rest of the roster in the best possible way. The closest character on our roster to Raidou I can think of from an aesthetic standpoint is probably Sakura (both are Taisho-era sword-wielders who help protect the city from supernatural threats), but even then both are so drastically different in terms of personality and playstyle that Raidou would still be incredibly unique.

So yeah, that’s my pitch for Raidou Kuzunoha. He might not be the protagonist of any of the numbered titles, but he’d be a really cool surprise pick that would turn a few heads and appeal to die-hard Megaten fans. He’s a bit more unconventional than your usual SMT rep, but doesn’t stray too far away from the usual formula so he’s still a good representation of what the series is all about. Also he’s just a kick-ass character all around, how can you not love this guy?

D

Deleted member

Jack Cayman (Madworld)

The main character from the violent stylish action game developed by Platinum games. A man forced to take part in a twisted gameshow. He would have a moveset that makes use of his chainsaw and of the over the top nature of his games. Jack could also bring content from Anarchy Reigns, a stylish multiplayer game in which he is a main character.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job #87: Tembo (Tembo the Badass Elephant)
1634545691218.png

Tembo the Badass Elephant is a 2-D side-scrolling platformer game made in collaboration with Game Freak and SEGA, with the former making the game and the latter publishing it. It’s a throwback to the mascot platformer genres such as Donkey Kong Country and old-school Sonic games, using comic-book-like art style to differentiate itself. The main character is the titular Tembo, a war elephant who returns to the field after the nefarious Phantom Army led by a mysterious masked commander, invaded Shell City. With giant war machines wreaking havoc through the city, it's up to one pachyderm soldier of fortune to return from retirement and use his bulk to save the day!

Tembo uses his massive frame to bulldoze any obstacles he faces along the way, with even a mere flick of his tusks being capable of breaking through concrete walls. He can also use his trunk to spray water and put out flames, send back projectiles by turning it into a hammer, butt stomp through skyscrapers and also can… curl into a ball and hop around like that. Somehow. Like any self-respecting platforming character, he has a signature favorite snack in the form of peanuts and can collect them through crates scattered through stages, which may also help a role in his taunts, as well as his bird companion Picolo.

Tembo’s game didn’t really set the world on fire but he’d make a very unique heavyweight fighter who focuses on momentum and stage control. He also represents the few modern platformer games that SEGA published. Currently, we have few characters from the last decade and even fewer heavyweight fighters so he could fill a fine niche. GameFreak has an interesting relationship with SEGA, previously making Pulse Man for their consoles, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to represent this in here, as well.

Above all else, there's no character who can compete with him on sheer badassery and that's why we should add him.

Job 87:
VECTORMAN (Vectorman) (Resubmittion if you didn't Know)

Vectorman is Platform game on Sega Mega Drive that is about Titular green Orbot named Vectorman and he fights threats like Evil Queen or Warhead Raster, who are Final Bosses of Vectorman. Also, it was Made by BlueSky Software, which is 2nd Party to SEGA itself. Even the game appeared in Sega Genenis Collection and SEGa Forever. His game takes place in 2042 in far Future, where Vectorman lives and fights.

The Playstyle of Vectorman could be Referencing Sukapon from Nintendo mixed with MinMin due to Long Range punches and he could use Lasers to attack opponents. Even he could have Gimmick with erratic Hitbox on Limbless Body that could be impossible to damage him (Still OP, but please don't nerf it, because there are no balance Changes in this Game). He could even use VM 2 Final Boss Cutscene as Allstar Move, where he finishes opponent like he finished Queen in the Game. He could get a Redesign like Pit in Brawl, where he is more modern and he is more Robotized than Classic Himself.

He could be very obscure Pick to the Game since 10% of SEGA Fans care about his Dead IP and probably everyone despises it for reasons due to being Forgotten and Underrated Character, but he will join the SEGA Smash, even if he is probably most Obscure and less-known 2nd Party SEGA Character.

His Home Stage could his First Level of OG Vectorman, where the Hazard is Plane Boss, where it interferes with Character from Background.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Job 87:
Pulseman (Pulseman)

Pulseman is Game made by Game Freak on Sega Mega Drive before pokemon Existed. It's It's Platforming game with Pulseman, who uses Electric attacks to defeat enemies and Bosses. It is like Mega Man of Game Freak, but it uses deadly electricity as his trademark weapon.

Pulseman is character from his Game on Sega Mega Drive. He was created by someone, who turns out that it was Villain and he fought with Pulseman himself. He could even have Potential to fight like using Electric attacks to paralyze opponents or electrocute them to death. Even Allstar Move could reference Final Boss fight that could interfere withe Enemies without Mercy! Even he could Rival Sonic with his electricity in Battle of AGES due to similarities like Weight, strength or etc.

FUN FACT: Did you know that my submittion is based on my Capsule Toy submittion, but I realized that he could represent Game Freak itself in this Game. We should also expect his return in the Game because despite his Game is Dead IP, but just like Sakurai who likes to revive old characters, we could also revive LEGENDARY CHAD PULSEMAN!
As far as I know, Pulseman isn't a SEGA character so I can't count your submission.

This prompt is still for SEGA-owned characters, just ones from IP that were either acquired by SEGA or developed by outside devs

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job 81: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)

1634562635857.png

Arle Nadja is the main face of the Puyo Puyo series, which is in turn a spinoff of the Madou Monogatari series, a dungeon-crawler made by Compile, which was later acquired by Sega. Arle is, to me, the biggest missing piece of our roster right now, which sucks because between you and me I'd much rather use this time to vote for a more obscure or stranger choice such as the Gunstar Heroes or Football Manager...but I digress.

I'm still a big Puyo Puyo fan at heart, so I gotta extend a shoutout to everyone's favorite mage. While she has magic attacks, her main form of attacking would be through placing Puyos to create linked chains, area effects, explosions, placing Garbage Puyos, etc. Her alt costumes would include her classic pre-Fever look, and maybe we could even give her alt skins for other Puyo protagonists Amitie and Ringo.

1634562868562.png

They would have different animations, voice clips, and magic effects, but their actual attacks would share properties. Just an idea. Amitie was the main face of Puyo Puyo Fever, with Ringo taking over in Puyo Puyo 7 and the Puyo Puyo Tetris games. Puyo Puyo is one of Sega's biggest current properties, with eSports competitions held constantly and new games being released to this day.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Job 87:
AGES (SONIC and Allstars Racing Transformed)

Sonic and Allstars Racing is a game, where it's like Mario Kart, but you're controlling SEGA Characters and race through SEGA tracks. Also, this game and its prequel has Introduction of Allstar Moves, which are they Final Smashes of the Game. Even tho it was Made by 3rd party company Sumo Digital and SEGA itself. Although, it has the same popularity as its Prequel.

AGES could be like ROB of this Game due to being Mid-Heavyweight Fighter and Being a Hardware Rep that is VMU. Also, it could uses attacks Referencing other SEGA Games (Ex. Columns, Daytona USA or Baku Baku Animal) like Duck Hunt using other Zapper Games as Attacks in Smash. Even tho, he could represent Hardware of SEGA and he could represent SEGA Allstars Racing game series. He could be also unexpected and funny pick for the Game itself, which it could cheer up SEGA Fans all around the World. He also has Gimmick with Battery, where it works in his Down Special, where he summons RPG mooks to attack the Opponents. Even AGES was also made by Sumo Digital along with SEGA, so he can join Battls of AGES without any Downsides.

Actually, AGES could have his Home Stage similar to Battlefield and Final Destination, where there are Unrepresented by Fighter SEGA IPs in Background as Holograms like in OG game.
AGES isn't eligible for this job either. The VMU is an in-house SEGA creation, the two other games it encompassed in Transformed were made by in-house SEGA studios, all the games you say it could reference are made by in-house SEGA studios (well as far as I know in Baku Baku's case)

Please read the prompt to see what kind of characters are eligible

AGES isn't eligible for this job either. The VMU is an in-house SEGA creation, the two other games it encompassed in Transformed were made by in-house SEGA studios, all the games you say it could reference are made by in-house SEGA studios (well as far as I know in Baku Baku's case)

Please read the prompt to see what kind of characters are eligible
I DID THE THING THAT YOU WANTED! IS THIS YOU WANT IT? ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?
(I need to be salty to you- Nevermind, never be salty ever again)

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #81: New SEGA-Owned Second-Party Fighter - Gunstar Red/Blue (Gunstar Heroes)

ClassicGunstar.png
GSHRedBlue.png

Gunstar Heroes is a classic run-and-gun (platform shooter in simple words) game, which was developed by Treasure and published by SEGA (who owns the series' rights), having been released on SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis in late 1993 and later on, converted to SEGA Game Gear by M2. It's premise focuses on the Gunstars Red and Blue, two brothers, who protect the planet from the evil, malevolent empire led by General Grey and his red-suited subordinate, Smash Daisaku, as they attempt to collect the four mystical Treasure Gems before they awake the God of Ruin, Golden Silver.

It's sequel, Gunstar Super Heroes, was released on Game Boy Advance in 2005, in which the story takes place after the original game's events and featured an expanded combat system over its predecessor (even changing Red's gender to female for some unknown reason).

For their moveset, the Gunstars has access to various melee moves such as slide kicks, jump kicks, throws once they get close to an enemy, aerial body slams, drop kicks, uppercuts & their saber/sword (in Gunstar Super Heroes), etc. They can also wall-jump to climb enclosed spaces and even hang on platforms, being able to shoot while doing so. They would also borrow some elements from their long-lost amnesiac brother, Green's boss fights, and maybe even use that odd bird-like drone, which drops ammo upgrades as a personal ride in Gunstar Super Heroes.

Speaking of shooting, like in their home series, the Gunstars are able to either use Free Shot to fire in three directions (forward, diagonally upwards and straight upwards) while moving at the same time, or Fixed Shot to shoot in all eight directions while standing, though both can be used as side/neutral special moves respectively akin to Min Min's. They also has a unique weapon system which allows them to use many different weapon types and combinations by switching them (plus a super-charge meter for powerful attacks in Gunstar Super Heroes) such as:
  • Force: Rapid-fires weak projectiles by spamming or holding the button. With two Forces, they will shoot large orange balls in a stream that constantly waves in it's aim.
  • Lightning: A stream of electricity which does multiple hits and passes through walls. With two Lightnings, it becomes a blue, straight powerful laser-like lightning beam.
  • Chaser: A quick laser that homes in opponents, even though it's slow and weak. With two Chasers, triangle projectiles will be replaced with stars and a weapon's speed & power are increased. Stars will circle around Red/Blue while in use and far away from opponents.
  • Flame: A close-ranged fiery burst, which is effective and capable of burning opponents. With two Flames, a weapon's range and damage are increased.
  • Force + Lightning: Rapid bolts of blue lightning projectiles, that goes in any direction and a spread is larger.
  • Force + Chaser: A stream of large orange balls, that has limited self-homing capabilities.
  • Force + Fire: Large orange balls, which's fire rate is the slowest, but can explode in a large radius if they hit anything.
  • Lightning + Chaser: Lightning travels in a squarish path around Red/Blue, hitting opponents. Can also self-aim and gather in a small square around an opponent while firing at them.
  • Lightning + Fire: A light-saber like weapon that protrudes out of Red/Blue's gun, which has the shortest range, but does impressive damage.
  • Chaser + Fire: A large pulse of flame that travels around the screen, mowing down opponents. Extremely powerful, but quite slow.
There's also many stage, assist, music/banger and boss possibilities such as Green (with Seven Force in either a minecart stage or as a boss), Smash Daisaku, a Dice Palace complete with players throwing a dice in turns & various minigames for them to succeed, and finally, Golden Silver himself.

Last edited:
You really don't need to be like that. All speed asked you to do was follow the promt.
Listen dude, I don't want to derail this Thread, but I put Dead Game IP made by BlueSky Software that Sega Approved that it like Adding Gex in Smash, which is Meme Pick and Sakurai possibly hates meme picks, because they're not funny according to my Opinion.
Not even Ridley was Meme Pick.

And I see too much likes. You're like Popular Kid NGL.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Listen dude, I don't want to derail this Thread, but I put Dead Game IP made by BlueSky Software that Sega Approved that it like Adding Gex in Smash, which is Meme Pick and Sakurai possibly hates meme picks, because they're not funny according to my Opinion.
Not even Ridley was Meme Pick.

And I see too much likes. You're like Popular Kid NGL.
How hard is it to only submit characters that are eligible for a prompt? You’re breaking like, the one rule of creation threads here. Also your submission being a “meme pick” has nothing to do with what people are saying

How hard is it to only submit characters that are eligible for a prompt? You’re breaking like, the one rule of creation threads here. Also your submission being a “meme pick” has nothing to do with what people are saying
Well, Vectorman is not Meme Pick, okey! I compared him to Gex in Smash, which are both Dead IPs and Vectorman is obscure, but he will be known in Game if he's gonna be released into roster!

And Gex is Meme Pick for Smash, so Sakurai hates memes with him.
And who will direct this game if it was Real?

EVERYONE STOP TALKING ABOUT THE INCIDENT!!!! OK??
I was mad that Speed Weed informed me that my previous picks weren't fitting to Job and posted my Vectorman to check if Weed was happy that Listened to him!!
Now stop wasting the Time talking about the Incident of my Anger and let's go to this Job or this game will take AGES to make (No pun intended). I stopped tho, so we're going to this job.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
And the votes are in:

After Burner: 2 points
Monkey Ball: 8 points
Space Harrier: 1 points
Columns: 2 points
Crazy Taxi: 11 points

That's right: our first minigame will be Craaaaaaaaaaazy Taxi!!!!!

And with that, we move on to our next character prompt. This one, though, takes some explaining. So make sure ya sit back, read the prompt well, and if you still have any questions then shoot 'em at me. Bear with me on this one:

Job #87: Submit a SEGA character from an IP that.....wasn't directly created by SEGA

No, this isn't a guest character prompt, let me make that clear. This is still about SEGA characters. I get that this might sound a bit confusing, but let me explain:

So to borrow an established Smash discussion term, this prompt is basically for what we'd call "second-party" characters. Basically characters from IP that aren't in-house SEGA creations. Now, I understand this might still seem pretty vague, so there are two major categories that I'm considering here and that this prompt entails. This includes either:
  • A. IP that SEGA own as a result of acquisitions or mergers
  • B. IP that were developed by third-party studios but are owned by SEGA
If it helps, the two characters currently in our roster that I know of that would fit this criteria are Bayonetta and Joker. Of course, the "core" in-house-created SEGA characters are fantastic in their own right, but I think it'd be interesting if we beefed up the representation for the other side of the coin here cause really, you'd be surprised at just how much ground this actually covers! So to summarize things, if a SEGA IP's original developers weren't an in-house SEGA studio founded within SEGA (this is where acquired IP come into play), it's on the table.

With all this said, as usual, only characters from series new to this roster are allowed. I understand that this is easily the most niche character prompt we've had so far, so I encourage you to do some research on what IP might fit this criteria! And again, if you still have any questions about what is or isn't eligible, then feel free to ask me - I might take a while to reply though cause I'm going to sleep, like, right after I post this.

I hope you understood, and as always, I'm excited to see what you people can pull out this time!
I... think this counts? Either way, I can imagine it being a very, very wacky choice... so here goes nothing!

JOB #87

Character Name: Space Marine
Series of Origin: Warhammer 40k (Dawn of War, though also the original universe)
Game's Release Date: September 1987 (Tabletop)/September 20th, 2004 (Dawn of War)
1634578572284.png

Whilst it could be argued that this is a 4th party character, the Dawn of War series - which is explicitly a 40k series - was originally developed by Relic Entertainment, and the company in question was sold to SEGA in 2013 following the bankrupcy of THQ. As a result, the Dawn of War series is technically second-party.

Notably, the addition of a Space Marine (with the blue one shown here being an Ultramarine, though there are other alts I'll get into) to this game would be a significant change of pace. With their origin being tabletop games, for starters, it's certainately an unusual origin - but the nature of their series too, which deals with deep, interconnected lore dating back (in our world) to the late 1980s - makes them a quite interesting choice.

As opposed to suggesting a specific character (though I did consider Roboute Guilliman, Primarch of the Ultramarines,) I think that a Marine is a good choice simply because you play as a Marine within the Dawn of War series as a whole.

Getting onto their movesets, I imagine that the Marine would take the form of an Intercessor (a basically "bog-standard" one) but have abilities of other Marines, such as the Inceptor (who usually carry dual machine guns and a literal jetpack, excelling at diving into a situation and laying down fire close-up,) and the Reiver (who excels at close combat with grenades, knives and occasional gun moves.) Combining all of these would really effectively showcase the capabilities of the Marines as a whole, as opposed to just being "strong guy in power armour."

Speaking of showcasing, I'd also like to mention alts: All of the Marine's alts would be based on different chapters of the Space Marines, shown below.

1634580327148.png

Alt 1: Ultramarines
Alt 2: Black Templars
Alt 3: Space Wolves
Alt 4: Imperial Fists
Alt 5: Salamanders
Alt 6: Blood Ravens
Alt 7: White Scars
Alt 8: Stormcast Eternals (Based on the other notable Warhammer property, Warhammer: Age of Sigmar)

This is just my two cents, and I do completely understand if this character is considered too close to 4th-party to be allowed, but it's just a cool idea I had upon seeing the prompt - hope you like it!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #81: Ecco the Dolphin

ecco.png

So...Ecco the Dolphin was made by Appaloosa Interactive and is currently owned by Sega so he's actually viable for this prompt! I mentioned him before, so I feel like I have to throw him into the ring at the very least.

For those not in the know, Ecco is a regular bottlenosed dolphin, albeit with one with star like markings on his head...at least in the beginning.

As the games progress Ecco gains a multitude of unusual abilities as time goes on.
Ecco can do the following:
  • Perform a confusion stun sonar blast
  • Perform a pushback sonar attack
  • Charge forward at incredible speed hitting things with his hardened bottle nose
  • Turn invisible
  • Summon fellow sea creatures with his singing (turtles, fish, manta rays) to come aid him
  • Shapeshift into a shark, a jellyfish, a shoal of fish, a seagull and a vortex drone
  • Open up portals allowing him to time travel
  • Transforms into a pterodactyl capable of launching a carpet bomb attack.

You may think Ecco being a marine creature and thus bound to the ocean is a huge handicap, but there's been a few instances of Ecco fighting on dry land within his own games, by sliding across it with his charge attack. Seeing how Ecco can open up rifts in time later in the game, I imagine teleportation(or rather, instantaneous time travel) would be a viable option to allow him to get the drop on opponents.

Some may see Ecco as a joke character...and maybe there is something to that. But a dolphin that can time travel, transform into a dinosaur and open portals to battle? Sounds like a lethal joke character at least to me.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I... think this counts? Either way, I can imagine it being a very, very wacky choice... so here goes nothing!

JOB #87

Character Name: Space Marine
Series of Origin: Warhammer 40k (Dawn of War, though also the original universe)
Game's Release Date: September 1987 (Tabletop)/September 20th, 2004 (Dawn of War)
View attachment 334708

Whilst it could be argued that this is a 4th party character, the Dawn of War series - which is explicitly a 40k series - was originally developed by Relic Entertainment, and the company in question was sold to SEGA in 2013 following the bankrupcy of THQ. As a result, the Dawn of War series is technically second-party.

Notably, the addition of a Space Marine (with the blue one shown here being an Ultramarine, though there are other alts I'll get into) to this game would be a significant change of pace. With their origin being tabletop games, for starters, it's certainately an unusual origin - but the nature of their series too, which deals with deep, interconnected lore dating back (in our world) to the late 1980s - makes them a quite interesting choice.

As opposed to suggesting a specific character (though I did consider Roboute Guilliman, Primarch of the Ultramarines,) I think that a Marine is a good choice simply because you play as a Marine within the Dawn of War series as a whole.

Getting onto their movesets, I imagine that the Marine would take the form of an Intercessor (a basically "bog-standard" one) but have abilities of other Marines, such as the Inceptor (who usually carry dual machine guns and a literal jetpack, excelling at diving into a situation and laying down fire close-up,) and the Reiver (who excels at close combat with grenades, knives and occasional gun moves.) Combining all of these would really effectively showcase the capabilities of the Marines as a whole, as opposed to just being "strong guy in power armour."

Speaking of showcasing, I'd also like to mention alts: All of the Marine's alts would be based on different chapters of the Space Marines, shown below.

View attachment 334710

Alt 1: Ultramarines
Alt 2: Black Templars
Alt 3: Space Wolves
Alt 4: Imperial Fists
Alt 5: Salamanders
Alt 6: Blood Ravens
Alt 7: White Scars
Alt 8: Stormcast Eternals (Based on the other notable Warhammer property, Warhammer: Age of Sigmar)

This is just my two cents, and I do completely understand if this character is considered too close to 4th-party to be allowed, but it's just a cool idea I had upon seeing the prompt - hope you like it!
It hurts me to say this but no, this fella isn't eligible.

HOWEVER, at the very very end of this project, we're adding a guest character, soooooooooo

Job #81: Ecco the Dolphin

View attachment 334704

So...Ecco the Dolphin was made by Appaloosa Interactive and is currently owned by Sega so he's actually viable for this prompt! I mentioned him before, so I feel like I have to throw him into the ring at the very least.

For those not in the know, Ecco is a regular bottlenosed dolphin, albeit with one with star like markings on his head...at least in the beginning.

As the games progress Ecco gains a multitude of unusual abilities as time goes on.
Ecco can do the following:
  • Perform a confusion stun sonar blast
  • Perform a pushback sonar attack
  • Charge forward at incredible speed hitting things with his hardened bottle nose
  • Turn invisible
  • Summon fellow sea creatures with his singing (turtles, fish, manta rays) to come aid him
  • Shapeshift into a shark, a jellyfish, a shoal of fish, a seagull and a vortex drone
  • Open up portals allowing him to time travel
  • Transforms into a pterodactyl capable of launching a carpet bomb attack.

You may think Ecco being a marine creature and thus bound to the ocean is a huge handicap, but there's been a few instances of Ecco fighting on dry land within his own games, by sliding across it with his charge attack. Seeing how Ecco can open up rifts in time later in the game, I imagine teleportation(or rather, instantaneous time travel) would be a viable option to allow him to get the drop on opponents.

Some may see Ecco as a joke character...and maybe there is something to that. But a dolphin that can time travel, transform into a dinosaur and open portals to battle? Sounds like a lethal joke character at least to me.
Good Idea man.
Now if he was added into Battle Of Ages, he wont gonna need another Joke Character if we Included Ecco, since he is Just a Dolphin. LOL

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Changing it up a little then - here's my "actual submission."

JOB #87

Character Name: Jack Bros. (Jack Frost & Pyro Jack)
Series of Origin: Megami Tensei (inc. spinoffs)
Character's Debut: April 6th, 1990 (Megami Tensei II - origin of both characters)

1634588256938.png

This unusual pair - the smiling, snowy demon and his fiery, pumpkin-wearing cohort - would fight together in this title, with a stance-change esque playstyle a little like a combination of Ren and Stimpy, Pyra/Mythra and the Ice Climbers in some ways. Most notably, their "gimmick" is that they're able to use their "Down B" in order to summon various other demons from across the series, which would have different elemental attacks - for example, Cu Chulathan could toss his spear as a "gun" type attack. Notably, given his ability to fly, Pyro would help with things like recoveries and the like.

The pairing in question is in reference to them both having "Jack" in the name, as well as their appearance in the Virtual Boy title "Jack Bros." Notably, yes, Jack Ripper is omitted from this concept... but Ripper hasn't really been active since then.

I think that the pair would be a good overall representative for SMT, as opposed to just Persona - with Atlus being a big second party developer for SEGA, I feel it's a reasonable choice with a lot of unique moveset potential.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Am a little late so I see things have settled down already. Will just say to keep things cool as this seems to be a mostly laid back thread. Definitely double check the OP or tag the thread owner for questions.

Also no Pulseman makes me sad. lol

Top Bottom