• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Let's Hit the Climax! Bayonetta on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Social Thread

Philos-kun

Smash Rookie
I'm sooo happy that she got this nerfed so people can FINALLY stop complaining about her being a "broken" character and removing 95% of Bayo tier-whores who "mained her".
I voted for her at the Ballot, I'm happy she's still here and I'm sure there's something to work with if you dedicate enough time and patience into this character... There has to be a hidden talent just like how Mewtwo had that Footstool-Disable combo that made him jump to higher tiers.

Nintendo didn't care, it really shows the lack of interest in balancing a "combo oriented" character; she's not low tier bad but still horrendously worse now, almost nothing connects consistently: Lag on special moves, Witch Time is not a safe move to use and literally useless without a full charge, F-air first hit lag is stupid, U-air has almost zero combo potential due to the angle it sends the oponent outside landing the last hit after an ABK.

It's super satisfying winning with her tho, it really feels rewarding now.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
sorry i just dont believe that. Nintendo had already toned her down. MK Leo decided he wanted to screw a playerbase.
and now the games out it confirms what most people already thought: Ridley disadvantage state is horrible and he is combo food. that sequence accomplished nothing special and we STILL act like it was special. But it sealed her fate.

zack confirmed the upair and witch twist and maybe abk angles were changed POST demo. its those three changes most people are upset about especially upair.

i'm playing a game not working. i don't need satisfaction i want fun and this ain't fun. this is a chore.
i do think we will see adjustments in the future i just hope they center on fixing bad characters. not nuking everyone good. i wouldn't wish this on anyone. i'm not leo.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
It seems some people are kinda down here and I understand. But I want to share bits of what I find after testing Bayonetta's combo. Maybe some of it can cheer you guys up.

Dtilt and Utilt no longer reliably combo into ABK and Witch Twist. Dtilt can still combo into Fair, but it has less range and more lag.

Fair1 combos are dead, Fair1 only connects with Fair2 Fair3 now. No more Fair1 into ABK or Witch Twist.

Witch Twist's hitbox no longer matches the visual, instead it matches Bayonetta instead. Witch Twist 2 no longer reliably combo into Uair.

ABK is mostly the same except the knockback was increase, so sometime opponent end up in front of Bayonetta instead of behind.

Dive Kick has the old 80 degree angle back, but only for ground opponent. 60 degree for aerial opponent. 80 degree Dive kick can combo into Witch Twist at mid to high percent.

Witch Twist and ABK can still combo into each other, but require more precision as the hitbox is small and start up is higher, ladder combo still doable.

Uair is SUPER BAD now. It still cover above Bayonetta really well, but wow the knockback nerf and angle change makes it such a bad kill move now.

Special landing lag for Bayonetta's combo is much higher now, wow that is a lot of lag.

All of the above is pretty big nerfs to Bayonetta and may upset you guys. But just because our friendship with Uair has ended, doesn't mean we can no longer KO off our ladder combo. Meet your new best friend, FAIR.

Witch Twist 2 actually reliably combo into Fair instead of Uair now. Sometime ABK 2 also pretty put opponent into Fair range as well. So Fair 123 is now our go to kill option after dragging the opponents upwards. It doesn't kill as early as the old Uair does, but it can kill at about 100%+ depending our how close you are to the blast zone. Fair 123 also racks up tons of damage as well, much more than Uair.

So hey Bayo mains, stay strong, and use Fair.

Last edited:

Robbie_Haruna

Smash Rookie
As someone who loves the Bayonetta games and voted for her in the Smash Ballot. I really hope she gets some buffs, because I honestly feel like they went massively overboard here.

When I heard about the nerf to her Smash attacks' startup, endlag and knockback as well as making Up Air not a kill move anymore. I thought to myself "oh, I see what they're doing, they're balancing the combo heavy character by making her struggle with killing more."

But then I found out her combo game got worse, it feels so much less consistent to even do basic stuff.

And what's worse, the improved neutral game she got (by being able to tilt out of Dash,) means almost nothing because Forward Tilt is now useless as a combo starter beyond super low percents, Down Tilt doesn't work beyond like mid percents (the extra endlag on it coupled with Witch Twist's increased startup makes it not fast enough,) so that leaves her with Up Tilt as the only decent grounded combo starter beyond like mid-percents, and that requires her to be at point blank range.

They took a combo heavy character, heavily hurt her kill potential, then also neutered a lot of her combo game and gave her no meaningful buffs to compensate. Pretty much the only meaningful buff she got was Downward ABK on a grounded opponent giving the pre-nerf angle, but even then with the heavy startup on Witch Twist,) it just feels inconsistent if your opponent is even semi competent at Smash DI (which already hurt her pretty hard in Smash 4 as is.)

They just made what was supposed to be a unique combo heavy character sport combos that are LESS consistent than the combos a handful of the cast already have, on top of nerfing almost everything else about her. They really just screwed over her for the sake of it.

I feel like Witch Twist in particular could use a buff to its hitbox size, especially the second one.

And on top of that her "more actions in the air = more landing lag," mechanic is still present and even more prominent than ever. As she is now, this mechanic just shouldn't exist because it's the equvalent of kicking someone when they're down.

It just depresses me to hell. I never played her because she was good, but seeing how she looks like she'll be complete trash in any kind of competitive play and it just bums me out

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Y’all knew this was gonna happen. It happened to metaknight in the transition from brawl to 4. But just keep in mind there’s still balance patches, which should at least keep rolling out till 2020 just like the dlc. Bayo will probably get buffed and be a decent character in the end.

But if some of y’all expect her to go back to her four glory(pun not intended), you will be disappointed.

I never felt bayo was so op’d to the point she needed some nerfs as drastic as this, and I constantly went back and forth on if she needed *any* new ones, and maybe everyone else just needed buffs. However I also think the controversy over the evo finals match probably didn’t help y’alls characters reputation much either, it wasn’t just mkleo’s shenanigans with the demo.

Either way just look forward to balance patches, she’s bound to get a few buffs.

Last edited:

Robbie_Haruna

Smash Rookie
Y’all knew this was gonna happen. It happened to metaknight in the transition from brawl to 4. But just keep in mind there’s still balance patches, which should at least keep rolling out till 2020 just like the dlc. Bayo will probably get buffed and be a decent character in the end.

But if some of y’all expect her to go back to her four glory(pun not intended), you will be disappointed.

I never felt bayo was so op’d to the point she needed some nerfs as drastic as this, and I constantly went back and forth on if she needed *any* new ones, and maybe everyone else just needed buffs. However I also think the controversy over the evo finals match probably didn’t help y’alls characters reputation much either, it wasn’t just mkleo’s shenanigans with the demo.

Either way just look forward to balance patches, she’s bound to get a few buffs.
I don't think anyone's expecting her to go back to how she was in Smash 4 fully.

Everyone was expecting nerfs, which she got. And then got even harder when MKLeo decided to kill ridley on the top of a super low ceiling stage, (a thing that any smart player realized wasn't going to be a normal thing on any legal stage.)

And like I've said countless times. The nerfs to her Smashes, Witch Time and Up Air were more than enough to fix the big issues as it was (giving her good damage racking skills, but poor kill options, while also still remaining in-line with the combo heavy character she was designed to be.)

It's also worth noting that the EVO Finals match controversy wasn't on Bayonetta, that was on two players deciding to **** around.

link2702

Smash Champion
I don't think anyone's expecting her to go back to how she was in Smash 4 fully.

Everyone was expecting nerfs, which she got. And then got even harder when MKLeo decided to kill ridley on the top of a super low ceiling stage, (a thing that any smart player realized wasn't going to be a normal thing on any legal stage.)

And like I've said countless times. The nerfs to her Smashes, Witch Time and Up Air were more than enough to fix the big issues as it was (giving her good damage racking skills, but poor kill options, while also still remaining in-line with the combo heavy character she was designed to be.)

It's also worth noting that the EVO Finals match controversy wasn't on Bayonetta, that was on two players deciding to **** around.
Even though it wasn’t on bayonetta directly, those 2 players still were using bayo when they decided to waste everyone’s time. In Nintendo’s eyes that likely still convinced them to nerf bayo more as they deemed her still too “toxic” .

the main contributor was probably still mkleo’s actions, just saying those at evo certainly didn’t help, even if they didn’t really show any of what bayo was capable of.

Again at the end of the day, y’all are just gonna have to wait for the balance patches. Nintendo/sakurai seems to always go overboard with nerfs on the best character from the previous game, but they do now anyway, do try to buff em back up a bit slowly.

Last edited:

Philos-kun

Smash Rookie
There's a new patch coming next week so stay tunned.

The only thing that I want back for Bayo is her consistency and range, sure, keep the landing lag, nerf the damage, but at least make her combos ACTUALLY connect for kill confirms.

Also I hope they fix Witch Time, from the best counter to the worst in this transition (or worst move possibly). Seriously, high risk - low reward situation. If you're going to put yourself in such a dangerous state because the activation frame is really low with incredible lag before and after (and no intagibility this time), at least make the stupid move do something useful. This move should be a suicide bomb; kill or be killed kind of situation, now it's "press down b for easy bait to your opponent".

Oh, and the Wicked Weaves hitboxes are broken, they make no sense. Sometime I get a hit, sometimes not, it feels random, in fact, this character feels random in general.

Sad day for my Umbran Sisters, but keep your hopes up since we will recover from this, someday Sakurai will grant us the full power of our precious Left Eye again.

Last edited:

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
There's a new patch coming next week so stay tunned.

The only thing that I want back for Bayo is her consistency and range, sure, keep the landing lag, nerf the damage, but at least make her combos ACTUALLY connect for kill confirms.

Also I hope they fix Witch Time, from the best counter to the worst in this transition (or worst move possibly). Seriously, high risk - low reward situation. If you're going to put yourself in such a dangerous state because the activation frame is really low with incredible lag before and after (and no intagibility this time), at least make the stupid move do something useful. This move should be a suicide bomb; kill or be killed kind of situation, now it's "press down b for easy bait to your opponent".

Oh, and the Wicked Weaves hitboxes are broken, they make no sense. Sometime I get a hit, sometimes not, it feels random, in fact, this character feels random in general.

Sad day for my Umbran Sisters, but keep your hopes up since we will recover from this, someday Sakurai will grant us the full power of our precious Left Eye again.
I want Bayo to be good again, but it's way too early for any patches to be here yet. I hope that they will just fix bugs and the online service. I don't want K Rool to be Little Mac all over again.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Surprise appearance from the (apparently much more lively) Zelda boards. :secretkpop:
Bayo was my second main along with Zelda in Smash 4. Just here to say that I'm pretty sad at the state she is in. I've mained Zelda since Melee so I'm no stranger to playing bad characters but it's not that Bayo is just bad now, it's that she feels bad to play. Her kit was obviously designed for moves to work a certain way and they basically broke all of it. I don't care what tier she is, I just want them to make her moveset work the way it was intended to. The took something broken and instead of fixing it they broke it even more but it in the bad way. It just makes me sad because I love Bayonetta and her games to death and was extremely excited to see her get into Smash 4, but they just made her so unfun this time around. I'll still use her because I love her but it'll take a while before I figure her out after these changes. It's probably all just a matter of time.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Even though it wasn’t on bayonetta directly, those 2 players still were using bayo when they decided to waste everyone’s time. In Nintendo’s eyes that likely still convinced them to nerf bayo more as they deemed her still too “toxic” .

the main contributor was probably still mkleo’s actions, just saying those at evo certainly didn’t help, even if they didn’t really show any of what bayo was capable of.

Again at the end of the day, y’all are just gonna have to wait for the balance patches. Nintendo/sakurai seems to always go overboard with nerfs on the best character from the previous game, but they do now anyway, do try to buff em back up a bit slowly.
no just no. there were clearly an additional round of changes to her post demo. (and shes the only one that had them as far as we can tell) that was in reponse to leo and its an overreaction to the juvenile community. upair, witch twist, and possibly abk were hit WAY too hard. she has no kill options. no reliable combos in a game were pichu is comboing into spike. a game were characters have killing tilt attacks and have better frame data than her.

she doesnt function correctly her gameplan from a design perspective doesnt make sense. the only character that i can think of like this is wii fit. the kit doesnt fit itself.

its really obvious they nerfed her in response to the community and game devs should never do that they need to do nerfs and buffs based on how they vision the game. an example they nerfed witch time so hard that a Bayonetta witch timed an ice climber jab and the programming made the witch time infinite. this happened due to an underflow value more than likely.

if nintneod is doing nerfs and buffs based on elite smash she is going to get buffed without question haven't seen her in elite smash on anyone stream used by a random. i've watched 6-10 ultimate tournaments in those matches i believe her win-loss record was like 5-11. with 4 wins done by captain zack.

Zeevolts

Smash Rookie
Is there a Bayo Discord for Ultimate? I know there's one for Smash4, but obviously that's not what I'm looking for.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Is there a Bayo Discord for Ultimate? I know there's one for Smash4, but obviously that's not what I'm looking for.
there is go to the bayo page on smash ultimate and you'll find the link. currently not the most optimistic place tho.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The Bayo discord right now is being VERY negative. Like, almost over the top.
It's like you're not even allowed to think anything about her is good before others try to shut you down.
:196:

Robbie_Haruna

Smash Rookie
The Bayo discord right now is being VERY negative. Like, almost over the top.
It's like you're not even allowed to think anything about her is good before others try to shut you down.
I mean to be fair, aside from her recovery she is pretty average at best and bad at worst at things right now.

There are some small combos here and there people are finding, which is nice, but that's nothing more impressive than what half the roster can already do (a lot of which aren't sporting bad neutral game, frame data and kill power.)

Zeevolts

Smash Rookie
I mean to be fair, aside from her recovery she is pretty average at best and bad at worst at things right now.

There are some small combos here and there people are finding, which is nice, but that's nothing more impressive than what half the roster can already do (a lot of which aren't sporting bad neutral game, frame data and kill power.)
I'd like to think that Bayo is now more of a spacing character. I wanted to play her in 4 but skipped since she was so busted and I don't play that way. (I'm a Ganon main for god's sake.) So I'm basically brand new at Bayo. I'd like to think she can do small little heel slide combos and eventually kill with bair while chipping away at her opponent with holding neutrals. Though I could be totally wrong.

TheDoctor22

Smash Rookie
Bayo seems harder to control in ultimate than smash 4, power damage seems lower and she can be punished quite easily if you mess up.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately its better this way, if Bayo was even a top 15 character on release the community would be at arms again. Best for her to do a smash 4 MK and get small buffs rather than Bayo players getting crucified.
They even removed her ability to hold netural B, maybe in response to evo

tl;dr Bayo was killing the smash 4 meta in the communities eyes, her being strong day 1 wouldn't have gone down well

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
People, particularly Top Players, kept saying she was fine in the demo.
Great advantages but a more balanced risk/reward ratio.
Right now she doesn't even feel usable in a serious competition.

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
People, particularly Top Players, kept saying she was fine in the demo.
Great advantages but a more balanced risk/reward ratio.
Right now she doesn't even feel usable in a serious competition.
she feels terrible, nothing is clicking with her at all. she was probably already nerfed before E3 but got nerfed straighter after because of the on 0-death on ridley. while luigi is here with day one 0-deaths.

Robbie_Haruna

Smash Rookie
she feels terrible, nothing is clicking with her at all. she was probably already nerfed before E3 but got nerfed straighter after because of the on 0-death on ridley. while luigi is here with day one 0-deaths.
Bayo's not allowed to have ladder combos anymore that can't be effortlessly SDI'd out of.

Meanwhile we have Mario and Zero Suit Samus over here with their ladder combos still being fair game.

And then over here we have Pikachu who can combo into a Spike.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Wonder how mad we can make the fanbase if we start #BuffBayonetta, she feels really really not good. No kill options that aren't a hail mary or extremely specific, her special move combos are unreliable now, and she's probably the only character in the game with debilitating landing lag now for no good reason. Feels almost impossible to hold onto Elite Smash.

Here's hoping we don't have to wait half a year for the Balance Team to decide Bayonetta is allowed to exist again.

DiamondDust132

Smash Cadet
NNID
DiamondDust132
She's bad, but I'm one of those weirdos that get a kick out of playing bad characters and like using her in this game. It probably helps I barely played Smash 4, so I don't know what she felt like in the first place before getting her skull cracked by the nerf bat. Still, I have never struggled so hard just to get a kill. She makes Zero Suit Samus look like Ganon by comparison. I just don't get why I have to have six million frames of lag after all of her Special Moves.

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
Bayo's not allowed to have ladder combos anymore that can't be effortlessly SDI'd out of.

Meanwhile we have Mario and Zero Suit Samus over here with their ladder combos still being fair game.

And then over here we have Pikachu who can combo into a Spike.
zss feels bad too, and mario can't do much with his ladders without platforms.

Ulk

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately its better this way, if Bayo was even a top 15 character on release the community would be at arms again. Best for her to do a smash 4 MK and get small buffs rather than Bayo players getting crucified.
They even removed her ability to hold netural B, maybe in response to evo

tl;dr Bayo was killing the smash 4 meta in the communities eyes, her being strong day 1 wouldn't have gone down well
Exactly. They did the same for Meta Knight in Smash 4 and didn't fix him until people moved on to cry about the next top tier.

I think it's also important for us to wait out this whole thing and wait for the community to shed tears over the next top tier until we can talk about fixing Bayonetta. Apparently ZeRo has already begun witch hunting Inkling and the community is seemingly following, especially with how commonly used Inkling is online. People are starting to move on from Bayonetta. And until the message that she is no longer a threat hasn't reached even the most uninformed player, we have to wait out this whole thing.

FallenChampion

Smash Rookie
I might be in the minority here but I'm super glad Bayonetta is far worse in Ultimate than she was in Smash 4. She was ever since considered a cheap, 0 to death combo character with little to no counterplay. The amount of hate she got was insane. Bayonetta is such a fun and diverse character, she deserves so much more. I don't mind she's not in Top 15 or even below that. I can finally play her without being perceived as a meta slave or something similar.

I'm just happy Bayonetta is now played by the players who love her character, design and gameplay and not by players who just played her because she was busted. And winning with a considered "bad" character is far greater than winning with a tier 1 character. Bayo mains stay strong and make our favourite Umbra Witch a badass even in Ultimate. We should be proud sticking to her and make the best out of her appearance in Smash.

Last edited:

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
she not that fun to play now though, she lost her combos so why does she receive extra lag when other characters that can combo better than her don't get additional lag.

blackghost

Smash Champion
I watched mistake (now tamim) people clearly never learned how to fight bayo. People still dont punish bayo lag, heel slide, or wirch time in ultimate. They were also still getting hit with 60 percent combos. Smash playerbase is casual they never attemptes to learn and as a result STILL cant fight bayo. Even tho she is average at best.

Does anyone know what we do vs snake? That feels legit impossible

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Bullet Arts and pray it makes his grenades explode on him.
Nikita offstage seems to beat all of her attacks tho.

Ulk

Smash Cadet
she not that fun to play now though, she lost her combos so why does she receive extra lag when other characters that can combo better than her don't get additional lag.
I disagree about her being any less fun now, since she is definitely more frustrating now, but that has no influence on my personal enjoyment of the character. I still enjoy playing as her just as much as I did in Smash 4. That's purely subjective though.

But yes. Absolutely agreed with the second part. They took literally everything that she received her many weaknesses for, especially her lag, and instead of removing the price she paid for the things they took from her, they made those weaknesses even worse. That is a major concept flaw and it's showing. It's those exact unaccounted for weaknesses that are pushing her down to her current level.

Last edited:

Nobody900x

Smash Rookie
So I found this combo. Go to training and select Marth as the cpu. Set him to 20/25%
Utilt > Full hop Uair > ABK (behind you) > B-reverse WT > ABK > Short hop cancel > WT > Uair > Full hop Fair 1-2-3 (this will not kill, I have not tested it throughly though) (This leave the combo counter at 23 in case people are wondering)

Don’t bother using Uair at the end it now send people horizontally and Fair sends them more vertically. This is the best I can find. Apparently the hit box in front of her is larger than behind on WT (hence the B-reverse) also they gave her the WT short hop WT back (i know she had it pre patch in 4, dont know about post patch). At low to mid percents you can now do this again. Idk I haven’t found any use other than damage and mixups. This combo shows on the combo counter (i know its not reliable but... yeah) and this does around 76% damage. So the oppenent ends with like 90%-110%% on them. I have not tested this with DI. Sadly this is for damage purely a I have not found any kill conmfirems off of it, but idk if someone would like to pick this up and try go ahead. Also you DO NOT need to B-reverse the WT if they are at a slightly higher percent, but I would recommend do this even when sometimes not necessary because this combo can take you too far off the map sometimes and may cause you to SD as you use all your jump rescrouces doing this combo.

EDIT: This is a combo "series" I found. Set the CPU to Marth

Key (just in case): SH = short hop/ABK = Afterburner kick/WT = Witch Twist/FH = Full Hop

Comb 1:
Dtilt > SH > Fair 1-2-3
This leave Marth at 20%

Combo 2:
Grounded ABK (hold) > WT > SH cancel > WT > ABK > ABK > Uair > FH > Bair
This leaves Marth at around 87% (This can kill when started near the ledge)

Combo 3:
Downward ABK (Doesn't connect with WT all the time, it seems to help if you hit his head with your heel) > WT > ABK > SH > WT > Fair 1-2-3 (This will kill off of the top)

These three combos will not string into eachother. The first two are easy enough to start, but the third I have massive trouble starting because of platforms and movement. Again not tested with DI. This are combos I am posting when I find them because I hope a much better player than me will pick them up and maybe make them better or debunk them useless against real people. Despite these years of research on Bayo I firmly believe she is dead and isn't useable. If anything she is a noob destroyer, if you play against someone with a brain you will never start a combo or maintain one.

Last edited:

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
Watching Pink Fresh play gives me a little bit of hope. Witch Time is bunk and almost all of her combos are gone, but when I watch him play, I can see a glimmer of what Bayo may become.

Nobody900x

Smash Rookie
Watching Pink Fresh play gives me a little bit of hope. Witch Time is bunk and almost all of her combos are gone, but when I watch him play, I can see a glimmer of what Bayo may become.
I don’t know dude. I saw him play vs a bowser and even though bowser is massive and easy to combo he couldn’t seem to do anything but grab off of reads and try to start a combo (which I don’t think ever happened). She is just dangerous to use because if the lag. I feel like every time I land or use any move I am using falco punch constantly. Every move gets punished and it’s not even rewarding cause you can’t kill. I hope she gets buffed. Not even a kill confirm... just reliable combos and less lag. She would be balanced that way. Not strong. But at least not bottom tier. Every time I play her people just wiggle out of combos too easily. It’s too high risk without reward. Bummer cause she was fun to play, but I’ll still play her casually.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
I knew I wasn't the only one. Played her for minutes and immediately felt grossed out and very sad.

The lag after using specials is absolutely massive. Ab-sol-lute-ly massive.

Idk, i don't main her (used to fiddle in S4), but the nerfs are huge to the point of completely changing her playstyle. Unreliable and risky combos, mixed with no reward witch time seems to encourage a more zoning style with the bullets. That's the only way i can see her succeeding (keep in mind, what do i know). Not having enough reward for the CQC encourages use of the bullets. This is prolly a "duh" moment, but habits and playstyles are so engrained, a complete wipe of that creates a really harsh negative reaction cuz people hate change.

Maybe lay off her for a while and find an alternative to heal y'alls mind state and feeling for the game, then come back to build her up once you guys are fresh and ready to start from scratch again. I know I'd have to find something else to do for a while if my way of doing things has been erased for considerably unfair reasons.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
As someone who likes Bayonetta but disliked having a broken top-tier, I'm actually missing the Smash 4 Bayo...

Simply put, she is frustrating to play on every levels. The moveset feels stiff, especially the landing lags, you can only count on a couple of really unsafe killmoves when it's time to kill, and I feel like her combos are too easy to get out of. I was edguarging Chrom with Fair and he was able to to his Up-B before the final hit of my Fair...
Approaching with her seems to be a bigger challenge than approaching with Brawl / Smash 4 Zelda.

I surely won't deny that a nerf was necessary. But it seems like they just hard-nerfed SSB4 Bayo without making her suited for SSBU.

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
There's a player in Texas, Lima, who is doing really well as solo Bayo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jf6LPJfmY4

He's pulling out some insane combos, utilizing triple jump, and is pushing the combo-to-blast-zone meta. The only thing that he struggles with (reasonably) is getting those KOs. I'm hopeful again. Lima actually makes me think Bayo may be high tier.

EDIT: I'm a huge idiot who didn't realize Lima won EVO 2018. Don't know if you've heard of him. /s

Last edited:
Top Bottom