• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Let's Hit the Climax! Bayonetta on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Social Thread

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Bayonetta is back and still the best! #TopTier

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I wonder if Bayonetta still says her very long voice lines in her taunts now that they are super short.

The taunt would end and she would continue talking for like 2 seconds lol.

"If you don't know how to *taunt ends* talk to a lady... ask your mum."

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
"If you want to learn how to talk to a lady, ask your JUUNEN HAYAIN DAYO!"
:196:

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
Lol no she's not she's garbage she can't kill for anything and her main combo options are now dog crap, welcome to SDI
didnt stop shiek and people still wont sdi antway so im confused. only issue for her may be snake, marth, shiek, and maybe one im missing. but she bennefits from one airdodge only and she still haselite recovery in the game. she can just edgegaurd for kills.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
didnt stop shiek and people still wont sdi antway so im confused. only issue for her may be snake, marth, shiek, and maybe one im missing. but she bennefits from one airdodge only and she still haselite recovery in the game. she can just edgegaurd for kills.
Sheik has kill combos and the mobility to back it up as well as having the best neutral in smash 4, netta's kill combos got screwed and her neutral is still garbage, up air is really really bad for killing now and from what I've seen she's a sitting duck when she's holding nair. Up b doesn't snap to the ledge either which makes her super vulnerable to low hitting attacks. Heel slide can't be cancelled into the second hit if it hits shield which murders the move almost entirely and witch time is a lot more situational now.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
Sheik has kill combos and the mobility to back it up as well as having the best neutral in smash 4, netta's kill combos got screwed and her neutral is still garbage, up air is really really bad for killing now and from what I've seen she's a sitting duck when she's holding nair. Up b doesn't snap to the ledge either which makes her super vulnerable to low hitting attacks. Heel slide can't be cancelled into the second hit if it hits shield which murders the move almost entirely and witch time is a lot more situational now.
all of those nerfs only affect people that arent good with the charatcer.
if you space witch twist it will not be affected by low attacks. if you slid around like an idiot you werent safe in smash 4 anyway. you won't need to be holding nair in 4 or this game. bayonetta is not a zoner.

here's everything in her favor: one air dodge per jump, increased speed, everyone had their recovery nerfed, sdi is weaker, her smash attacks have no blind spot, ive watched mistake and zack and the combos and damage are still present. witch time has both been enrfed and buffed. nerfed on repeated usage but it is good vs projectiles.
basically, she is no longer easy but she is still good. there is no way a character with a moveset this good will be bad.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Is dtilt into rar bair still a thing? If so then that is one way to kill plus bayo has a pretty nice off stage game.

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
does anyone have a link to the smash ultimate bayonetta discord?
https://discord.gg/ I don't know if there's another one because this one is so bad. There's no discussion going on.

Also is anyone talking about dtilt to running utilt? I feel like that'll be amazing at lower percents. And with the nerfed recoveries across the board don't be surprised if bayo ends up getting most of her kills by gimps or f-air. F-air, while nerfed so it can't combo that well, did receive a knockback buff. Meaning witch twist to fair 1 2 3 offstage will pretty much always kill above like 30 or 40. I think bayo is still going to be top tier for sure. People just need to not play her like smash4. She also has a dive kick similar to her pre patch dive kick. This opens the window for a lot combos that I'll be experimenting with.

blackghost

Smash Champion
https://discord.gg/ I don't know if there's another one because this one is so bad. There's no discussion going on.

Also is anyone talking about dtilt to running utilt? I feel like that'll be amazing at lower percents. And with the nerfed recoveries across the board don't be surprised if bayo ends up getting most of her kills by gimps or f-air. F-air, while nerfed so it can't combo that well, did receive a knockback buff. Meaning witch twist to fair 1 2 3 offstage will pretty much always kill above like 30 or 40. I think bayo is still going to be top tier for sure. People just need to not play her like smash4. She also has a dive kick similar to her pre patch dive kick. This opens the window for a lot combos that I'll be experimenting with.
im honestly just letting these other players underestimate her. every single game mechanic change helps her. people will discuss when the game is out im pretty sure.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
might not matter to y’all, but...
Bayonetta gets no new songs this game

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It matters to me a lot.

Maybe one day we'll get Fly Me to the Moon :c

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Little late, but it matters a bit to me. Was really hoping for Fly Me To The Moon, but oh well
If it had to exclude lyrics (remixed or not) I would’ve accepted it...mods or next game I suppose

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
might not matter to y’all, but...
Bayonetta gets no new songs this game
Shame that we aren't getting You May Call Me Father, at the very least.

Still, it could be worse; Bayonetta got quite a bit of music in Smash 4, unlike what happened with Final Fantasy.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Shame that we aren't getting You May Call Me Father, at the very least.

Still, it could be worse; Bayonetta got quite a bit of music in Smash 4, unlike what happened with Final Fantasy.
And she got to die onscreen for WoL aswell as having Rodin as an AT character (though of course she doesn’t have her own echo fighter...same boat as fellow Sega partner Sonic)

blackghost

Smash Champion
yeah im gonna retract all my optimism for her. im gonna play her but to describe bayonetta in ultimate is easy imagine smash 4 shiek with frame data twice as slow, slower groundspeed, slower air speed, and no killing option except bair.

people are saying characters are living to 200. combos are reliable and she cannot punish air dodges with her speed. upair is almost a crime. it sends people sideways. will she get better? maybe but its really hard to play a combo character with bad frame data that doesnt have combos.

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
yeah im gonna retract all my optimism for her. im gonna play her but to describe bayonetta in ultimate is easy imagine smash 4 shiek with frame data twice as slow, slower groundspeed, slower air speed, and no killing option except bair.

people are saying characters are living to 200. combos are reliable and she cannot punish air dodges with her speed. upair is almost a crime. it sends people sideways. will she get better? maybe but its really hard to play a combo character with bad frame data that doesnt have combos.
Oof, brawl falcon it is then.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Oof, brawl falcon it is then.
i mean theres not much to work with. no upwards sending air attack, witch time has 70 frames of end lag, combo game is weak and every other character that had a ladder STILL has it and bayo had hers deleted. her upair sends people sideways.

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
i mean theres not much to work with. no upwards sending air attack, witch time has 70 frames of end lag, combo game is weak and every other character that had a ladder STILL has it and bayo had hers deleted. her upair sends people sideways.
And you were so optimistic that Bayo was still going to be high tier. The Bayonetta Discord is absolutely depressed about Bayo's nerfs. One of them said that her Smash attacks are the safest moves for her.
I'm so sorry that your main is reduced to this.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
And you were so optimistic that Bayo was still going to be high tier. The Bayonetta Discord is absolutely depressed about Bayo's nerfs. One of them said that her Smash attacks are the safest moves for her.
I'm so sorry that your main is reduced to this.
i was bt thats not the character that was in the demo. i dont know who this is. i watched pink fresh lose to a worse player yesterday because nothing would kill. iwatched captain zack take 10 games to beat a peach in arena. i dont know whether Nintendo wanted to do this or community toxicity caused this to happen. every other top tier was adjusted. (except diddy diddy got buffed) and she got nuked.
as a tip you dont need to be afraid of witch time. she has no time to do anything and if you throw out something with a long lasting hitbox ut will hit her through her counter anyway. dont be tricked by combos on cpus on twitter she is not a combo character.

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
i was bt thats not the character that was in the demo. i dont know who this is. i watched pink fresh lose to a worse player yesterday because nothing would kill. iwatched captain zack take 10 games to beat a peach in arena. i dont know whether Nintendo wanted to do this or community toxicity caused this to happen. every other top tier was adjusted. (except diddy diddy got buffed) and she got nuked.
as a tip you dont need to be afraid of witch time. she has no time to do anything and if you throw out something with a long lasting hitbox ut will hit her through her counter anyway. dont be tricked by combos on cpus on twitter she is not a combo character.
Can you show me some of the videos of bayo? I want to see how bad she is.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Wow, doom and gloom here, huh? Weren't people similarly pessimistic about Meta Knight in Smash 4, and Fox in Brawl?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Wow, doom and gloom here, huh? Weren't people similarly pessimistic about Meta Knight in Smash 4, and Fox in Brawl?
To be fair, Meta Knight was very mediocre at Smash 4's release, he got buffed a couple times.

Bayonetta is like a trouble kid who got punished, didn't care and kept causing ruckus, then was sent to a Military Summer Camp and returned home being a hollow version of herself with a robotic expression.

I had quite the weekend, but I'll begin counting frames tomorrow.

Ulk

Smash Cadet
They were right to be. Meta Knight was quite bad in the early Smash 4 days. As is Bayonetta right now sadly.

blackghost

Smash Champion
imagine the reaction if bayo got a buff in the future. no one has been impressed with her. i've seen people impressed with almost every character EXCEPT her. lol. but with witch time sucking and revenge being almost absurd i wonder what the future holds.

Ulk

Smash Cadet
imagine the reaction if bayo got a buff in the future. no one has been impressed with her. i've seen people impressed with almost every character EXCEPT her. lol. but with witch time sucking and revenge being almost absurd i wonder what the future holds.
I don't think there would be a big outcry. I mean yes. The players that aren't as up to date have no idea how underwhelming she is. Some still believe she is overpowered. But this is just the Meta Knight case in the beginning of Smash 4 all over again. And it will blow over, just like the Meta Knight case did. Eventually he got fixed with a buff and people moved on to complain about Sheik at that point, so I don't think even the most unaware players will start complaining when she receives the buffs that she is severely in need of.

Last edited:
Top Bottom