• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's face it, Brawl = Next Mario Party, huge dissapointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichida

Smash Ace
I was once this arrogant and thought I knew everything before too. I don't blame you, everyone goes through that stage.
I never proclaimed to know everything. I learned enough about competitive Melee, but never felt like bothering to put it into practice if it meant becoming a cocky wavedashing prick like 70% of SWF.

Keynote to all: Joining SWF does not indicate when someone started playing Smash. Just thought I'd repeat it once more, since people tend to remember things when it's repeated like the last few posts here.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
The god-complexes in this thread are even more unbelievable.

The fact that you think my post is irrelevant just proves my point about you 'veterans' ignoring a core elements of what make Smash different than other fighters.

So what are you complaining about?

Oh. So sad for you that you already think you're a god and expect to get better. I didn't know that there was anything better than perfection....something which you've obviously already achieved. That being said, however, it has only been a few days here in the Americas. Only a month if you played the Japanese version. How is it that already people think they know everything about Brawl's engine? Did you work on the game? Am I talking to a celebrity?!

The thing is we've been playing SMASH for 7 years competitively, at least. We KNOW what to look for as far as glitches. Arguments like BUT N64--> MELEE THEY FOUND....etc etc aren't really valid because we weren't as experienced then as now. we were switching controllers from n64 to gamecube, we were exploring the new dynamic techs, etc. In brawl we're using the same controller, and all the techs are essentially the same MINUS some. I'm not saying we wont find any, it's just much less likely.

I like how brawl newbies can't respond to my posts because i'm unbiased and logical and just use facts. Instead you skip over me and try to pick apart the less factual posts. God I'm awesome.

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
Ageman, I have no idea why you went on that tirade about items, physics, and other non-sense. All I said was why the playing field shouldn't be leveled. I have no idea where you were going with all of that.
Only the first part of the post was replying to you. The rest was just my general input on the thread as a whole - not everything is about you, so don't worry yourself.

But about the playing field not-being leveled - it's a new game. Get over it. Do you not-want the fan-base to expand? If you want to have a clear advantage, go back to Melee. If you're willing to learn a new game and get better with something new - play Brawl.

But then again, I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

EDIT:
I like how brawl newbies can't respond to my posts because i'm unbiased and logical and just use facts. Instead you skip over me and try to pick apart the less factual posts. God I'm awesome.
Technically everyone in existence is a Brawl newbie right now. The game came out a month ago - no one is a veteran. If you're talking about Smash Bros. in general, however, then it's a little presumptuous for you to think we're all new to the series. I've been playing Smash Bros. hardcore since the N64 days but I only joined SWF a little while ago. Why is it that you (along with many others in this thread) think that SWF-Newbie = Smash-Newbie? I guess you're not that awesome - you're clearly hopping on the same bandwagon as everyone else... maybe that's why most people aren't wasting their breath on your posts..

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
The thing is we've been playing SMASH for 7 years competitively, at least. We KNOW what to look for as far as glitches. Arguments like BUT N64--> MELEE THEY FOUND....etc etc aren't really valid because we weren't as experienced then as now. we were switching controllers from n64 to gamecube, we were exploring the new dynamic techs, etc. In brawl we're using the same controller, and all the techs are essentially the same MINUS some. I'm not saying we wont find any, it's just much less likely.

glide tossing, RAR (that thing where you jump backwards, whatever RAR means), there are already techs coming out of the engine.

I am a competitive player and I love this game. As far as combos, my diddy and my sheik can both rack up varying 60% combos without hesitation.

If you don't want to play it, don't buy it.

Else, learn it. </Tom Cruise joke>

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
The fact that you think my post is irrelevant just proves my point about you 'veterans' ignoring a core elements of what make Smash different than other fighters.
I'm not responding to the rest of your post, because it's not addressed to me. However, items aren't being ignored by veterans. They were given considerable thought previously and are still being given thought now (albeit in the SBR), but they have been proven to reduce the competitive viability of the game. It's as simple as that. You admitted it yourself, they add randomness. Done. That's the whole argument right there. A good, competitive game should minimize randomness.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
glide tossing, RAR (that thing where you jump backwards, whatever RAR means), there are already techs coming out of the engine.

I am a competitive player and I love this game. As far as combos, my diddy and my sheik can both rack up varying 60% combos without hesitation.

If you don't want to play it, don't buy it.

Else, learn it. </Tom Cruise joke>
Still very miniscule techs. Jumping and turning/going forward with a back air is nothing special, and is only slightly useful. Other techs are character specific/not that important. I play sheik as well (very well) and I can combo too, but you also have to realize these only work because people are inexperienced getting out of them. Go to training mode, two ftilts in a row dont even combo.

Why does everyone keep throwing out the "IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PLAY IT, DON'T GET IT OR PLAY MELEE" line. When have I said at all I'm not going to play it in all of my posts? ****, I never even say i don't LIKE it. I'm just trying to point out how it's fun and all, but not suitable for high level play like melee was.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Technically everyone in existence is a Brawl newbie right now. The game came out a month ago - no one is a veteran. If you're talking about Smash Bros. in general, however, then it's a little presumptuous for you to think we're all new to the series. I've been playing Smash Bros. hardcore since the N64 days but I only joined SWF a little while ago. Why is it that you (along with many others in this thread) think that SWF-Newbie = Smash-Newbie? I guess you're not that awesome - you're clearly hopping on the same bandwagon as everyone else... maybe that's why most people aren't wasting their breath on your posts..
you realize that he does mean people new to the boards... people who haven't been with the community and observed how it (and the game itself) evolved over time, have a harder time understanding why a lot of experienced players are arriving at the conclusions that they are

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
A good, competitive game should minimize randomness.
A good, competitive player should minimize randomness.

There's nothing random about two fighters seeing a Bob-omb, rushing to it, one picking it and throwing it at the other. Nor is there anything random about final smashes - you need to use strategy and/or tactics not only to get a Smash Ball, but you also need to use your experience with said final smashes to use them to their full potential. The fact alone that most (if not all) final smashes can be avoided with a little effort proves that there's nothing random about it. The ONLY thing about Final Smashes that may 'cause problems is a Pity Smash...but really, if the opponent is doing that poorly I doubt one Pity Smash is going to bring them to victory...

That being said though, I do agree with certain item complaints. I, personally, don't mind when something random happens and I get screwed over - it's part of the game and at times I even find it funny... but I can see where hardcore players might get a little ticked about a Bob-omb appearing directly in front of them while they're using an attack and consequently getting sent flying from the stage... Scenarios like that rarely happen, however, and most things can be avoided (or used to your advantage).

How many times I've up-smashed an opponent directly into the frenzied Bob-omb running back-and-forth on the above platform is something I've lost count of. :)

Aosagi

Smash Rookie
It's saddening me to see how much this has all degraded. The casual hate and the competitive hate I think has gotten out of hand here. I'm not going to point fingers however I feel some people will make it obvious by flaming my post. I'll give you all the right to play whichever iteration of Smash Bros you please, but I'm going to say that if you want to continue playing Melee competitively rather than Brawl have fun, maybe make petitions and make sure that tourneys cover both games equally so you can go along doing that, I don't see any reason why not. As for feeling like you all know everything about the game. . . I tend to agree with the idea that it's impossible to say that right now. Even with looking for things as diligently as many of you are going at it and I thank you for it, I foresee many things will be discovered that will change how we play the game on accident in the coming months and heck even years. As for those arguing against the competitive players, the current lack of depth in the game as of yet (in a portion of the competitive scene) will make the game be on a lower level compared to Melee for a while. Only time will tell as people work hard on it. My suggestion to people sticking with Melee competitively is to not get rusty with Brawl by any means, if Brawl gets ahead in depth and people who are considered newbies to the game may have a 1 up on you if you make a full transition. And my advice overall, competetive or not is IT'S A GAME HAVE FUN! :)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The thing is we've been playing SMASH for 7 years competitively, at least. We KNOW what to look for as far as glitches.
Even you have to admit, Plank, that the first two years of competitive Melee were pretty **** shallow. You can't bull**** your way outta that one. Zelda (without Sheik)? Top tier? Lol.

If there is anything I have to agree with the Brawl fanboys on, I'd have to say that it's the lack of patience that some competitive players are showing towards the game. Give it a little time, upwards of a year or maybe even a couple months less. Sure, we can make observations all day until we're blue in the face but the fact of the matter is that we don't really know everything there is to know about Brawl. A month and a couple of days have gone by---granted, we've gleaned a lot from it in terms of superficiality (lack of technical depth, wonky physics, etc) but by no means have we reached an end to discovery.

I hate to be redundant (since this is the counterpoint that many people love to throw out there), but this is a new game in terms of mechanics and physics. When you say, "We know what to look for as far as glitches," you're trying to make it just like Melee. That's like trying to play Smash 64 like Melee---it ain't gonna happen.

Smooth Criminal

P.S. I <3 Kuja.

Ichida

Smash Ace
A good, competitive player should minimize randomness.

There's nothing random about two fighters seeing a Bob-omb, rushing to it, one picking it and throwing it at the other. Nor is there anything random about final smashes - you need to use strategy and/or tactics not only to get a Smash Ball, but you also need to use your experience with said final smashes to use them to their full potential. The fact alone that most (if not all) final smashes can be avoided with a little effort proves that there's nothing random about it. The ONLY thing about Final Smashes that may 'cause problems is a Pity Smash...but really, if the opponent is doing that poorly I doubt one Pity Smash is going to bring them to victory...
Quoted for truth.

That being said though, I do agree with certain item complaints. I, personally, don't mind when something random happens and I get screwed over - it's part of the game and at times I even find it funny... but I can see where hardcore players might get a little ticked about a Bob-omb appearing directly in front of them while they're using an attack and consequently getting sent flying from the stage... Scenarios like that rarely happen, however, and most things can be avoided (or used to your advantage).
I find that the randomness of the game is what really makes it fun to play with other people. There's no reason it can't be fun and competitive.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I find that the randomness of the game is what really makes it fun to play with other people. There's no reason it can't be fun and competitive.
it's less fun in competition when a random spawn costs you $500

i don't think anyone has a problem with using items when playing with your friends or whatever, but if a random item can drastically affect the outcome of a match simply by spawning in the wrong place, it shouldn't be in tournaments if it can be disabled (which it can)

i don't know why i'm bothering debating this - it has been argued time and time again

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Ichida, Ageman, I really hate to sound like an ***...but...

If you're going to argue about the viability of items in a competitive atmosphere, please take it to the proper thread.

Oh, and protip: Read some of the threads as to why items are banned in Melee. Random Bob-ombs spawning in front of forward smashes and randomness are just two of the MANY factors associated with the banning.

Smooth Criminal

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Nowhere on the site does it say that Smashboards is dedicated to competitive play. This isn't your private tourney*** circlejerk, ANYONE who wants to talk about Brawl can just jump right in and post, EVEN PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER PLAYED SMASH IN THEIR LIFE.

I hate people like you.

But his post count is higher than yours! That means he's better at Smash than you!

Oh wait.

You're absolutely right, the idiocy in this thread is unbelievable.
You're absolutley right. Morons who haven't a clue what they're talking about CAN post on SWF. You'll just be ignored most likely. We're trying to help you out, but all you can do is speak about smash as if you know anything about competitive play. Don't tell me you do, cause you joined Feb 2008, and yes it has to do with your credibilty. Sure there are tons of people out there who are great at melee and dont go on smasboards, but it is more than obvious that you are not one of them. Just another brawl noob slowing down smashboards. Stop posting until you wish to shut up and accept advice from people who know more on the subject.

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
Ichida, Ageman, I really hate to sound like an ***...but...

If you're going to argue about the viability of items in a competitive atmosphere, please take it to the proper thread.

Oh, and protip: Read some of the threads as to why items are banned in Melee. Random Bob-ombs spawning in front of forward smashes and randomness are just two of the MANY factors associated with the banning.

Smooth Criminal
I actually didn't mean to. My initial post was actually just to put forth my feelings on why Brawl is (or could be) just a competitive as Melee was/is - it just needed time. I was actually going to more of the point you made only a few posts back...

Don't know why I went off on a tirade about items...my bad...guess I got carried away with the replies. >_<

Wife

Smash Lord
Seriously, the reasons for why items aren't on have been stated hundreds of times. And the same tired arguments you two are providing were stated then too, but they're just wrong. Sorry, guys.

Niko90

Smash Cadet
I completely agree with pockyD. They are very fun for playing with friends, but I can't say a tournament is "for fun." When one person has a solid advantage over you, it's not fair. Tournaments are for completely fair tests of fighting skill, not how high you can jump, or how lucky an item can spawn for you. Anyway, a silly debate if you ask me.

Brawl "roxxors" by the way, so I would appreciate if the haters kindly, ehm, how do I say this, shove your complaints up your arse and...whatever is next.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I think everyone needs to stop b******g at each other and start looking at the facts.Brawl is a different game to melee.That has been made clear since day 1.Im sure just as melee evolved with discoveries of advanced techs,glitches and strategies,that streched what you thought was possible within the game beyond anyone's wildest imaginations,brawl will do the exact same just give it time.Smash is one of those games that no one can say is bad until you have REALLY given it time.Give it a few months then come back and someone might actually listen to you.

People who dont like it because stuff from melee was taken out are what I like to call "comfort zone complainers"They spent so much time playing melee that they automatically try the same stuff in Brawl that doesnt work and "Hey presto!" we have some b***h who cant handle change and decides to complain to the world because they lack the skills/patience to adapt to a new style of gameplay.
PLAY IT LIKE A TOTALLY NEW GAME! I know this may be hard but we all did it from 64>melee,so why not brawl?

To finish Id like to remind people that there is alot of cool new stuff in brawl that you cant do in melee.Focus on that stuff not the stuff that was taken out.

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
So, wait.
You're complaining because:
the
characters
are
more
balanced...? (or at least, at this point in time, seemingly more balanced.)

Yeah. You're an idiot. If you didn't say "All the players have been downgraded and Nintendo didn't want anyone to dominate" then I'd hold some respect, but you fail; terribly.

Chrono Centaur

Smash Apprentice
I am not pouting because they removed Wavedashing.

I'm fine with that, but why did they have to slow down the game so much?

Everyone falls like they're jigglypuff in Melee.
lrn2fastfall D:

I'm starting to doubt you're really a fan if you have a complaint about that, which can be easily fixed by...well, fast-falling

epfftactics

Smash Rookie
Brawl is just another Mario Party. Its a fun multi-player game, nothing more, nothing less.

-The game is so slow now that its almost a joke
-Skill components have been removed (Wavedashing, L-Cancelling, etc.)
-All the players have been downgraded and Nintendo didn't want anyone to dominate.
-You grab the edge practically every time, its like magnetic almost
-Great combo's = gone because of slow free fall
-You can airdodge continuously
-Disastrous and awkward load times
Ok, you do have some valid points, but there are also good reasons for everything you mentioned. I've basically responded to each point made with my own point.

I disagree with your first statement. I have seen and played some SSE, and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

-While the falling is slower and there is no way to speed up landing, the game itself is not that slow. I have experienced tons of quick action during 4 player matches (1v1 may be slower) . I would say that some of the actual fighting is much faster.

-Those components make even less sense than double jumping. I m actually happy they are gone. Thats just a preference though. Plus, now gravity is no longer broken with different characters having completely different falling speeds.

-I would put this down as something that is good. There is no character that completely dominates (as of yet) so battles are dependent on your ability to fight, not your ability to fight with Fox/Falco/Marth/Sheik. This makes playing as any character viable and is a great improvement over melee. It also adds that level of skill that you said was removed by getting rid of those techniques.

-I actually have n counter-point for this. I have played mostly Pit and toon Link so getting back to the edge has never even been close to a problem. (Pit and T. Link both have insane jumps and B-ups)

-Combo's are not gone, you just have to alter the way you go about combo-ing.
-I also like this because it means that you aren't just sitting there for anyone to come up and beat you senseless after you use it once. It gives you less distance now, and after a couple times it is like non-directional air-dodging in melee. It simply makes more sense now.

-Yeah. Load times are long because the disc has so much information on it. It had to be double layered and the Wii needed to be updated just to be able to read all of the info on it. Plus, the load time is fun because everyone just sits there completely silently anticipating the beginning of the battle.

You do have a valid point in liking melee for those reasons, its just a personal preference. I personally find this game to be a great success in the sense that it got rid of all the stuff I didn't like in melee. It has some things I don't like, such as 3 Landmasters, but I'm willing to let that slide because the rest of the game makes me so happy.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I wish this place were run more like the MLG forums. All you Brawl scrubs would have been banned in about 30 minutes and Smashboards wouldn't be slow as **** from your 18 bull**** posts a day bogging down the server.

A man can dream...

Somehow the world's premier competitive Smash forum has turned into the world's premier preteen fanboy Sakurai-loving circle jerkfest.

Chrono Centaur

Smash Apprentice
I wish this place were run more like the MLG forums. All you Brawl scrubs would have been banned in about 30 minutes and Smashboards wouldn't be slow as **** from your 18 bull**** posts a day bogging down the server.

A man can dream...

Somehow the world's premier competitive Smash forum has turned into the world's premier preteen fanboy Sakurai-loving circle jerkfest.
I think we have a winner. Congratulations - someone who isn't a dumb ****. :D

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
EDIT:

whoops i missed this. When i say "Brawl newbie" Im referring to the legion of brawl newbies who think they're going to be good at brawl yet have no competitive experience at melee. If I haven't heard of you in melee, then you suck at melee. Period. Anyone decent was known. I'm not hopping on ANY bandwagon, as my opinion here is obviously the minority since these forums are filled with just-registered-idiots who have no idea what competitive play is like at all.

Smooth_criminal I understand that melee play was shallow for a few years. But the potential was there. People KNEW the potential was there. When they went from n64-->melee they didn't STRIP all the vital techs like they did from melee to brawl.

Point and case the goal from 64-->melee was expand and the goal from melee--> Brawl was decompose.

It took us a few years to get a full grasp on the EXPANDED game but you can't try to debate that it will take years to get a good grasp on the DECOMPOSED game.

Aosagi

Smash Rookie

A man can dream...

I hate to crap on your elitism but this forum would also be a lot faster if every post were one that furthered the progress of playing the game, rather than filling the forums with useless posts about elitism and saying that people who want to talk about a game they love don't deserve to if they don't play in a tourney. Flame me all you want for how long this accounts been here but it doesn't change the fact that your just being insulting to people and making yourself look like an A**.

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
You're absolutley right. Morons who haven't a clue what they're talking about CAN post on SWF. You'll just be ignored most likely. We're trying to help you out, but all you can do is speak about smash as if you know anything about competitive play. Don't tell me you do, cause you joined Feb 2008, and yes it has to do with your credibilty. Sure there are tons of people out there who are great at melee and dont go on smasboards, but it is more than obvious that you are not one of them. Just another brawl noob slowing down smashboards. Stop posting until you wish to shut up and accept advice from people who know more on the subject.
First of all, you're not trying to help anyone out, you just told that person to get out of Smashboards and never come back.

Second, if it's so obvious that someone doesn't know what they're talking about, just let them post something stupid and refute their points until they can't make any more arguments. You don't forbid them from posting (mods can do that in cases where it calls for it, but hopefully they don't abuse that ability).

And please, tell me what I said that made it "more than obvious" that I'm not competitive player and that my opinions and observations count for nothing. Even if you are better than me at Melee (which you probably are if you have any backing for being so elitist) that doesn't make you any more worthy of posting on Smashboards than me.

Aosagi

Smash Rookie
So, wait.
You're complaining because:
the
characters
are
more
balanced...? (or at least, at this point in time, seemingly more balanced.)

Yeah. You're an idiot. If you didn't say "All the players have been downgraded and Nintendo didn't want anyone to dominate" then I'd hold some respect, but you fail; terribly.
I noticed that too. I don't quite get it. About all the things you can complain about I'd think that's something everyone universally wanted in Brawl.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Second, if it's so obvious that someone doesn't know what they're talking about, just let them post something stupid and refute their points until they can't make any more arguments. You don't forbid them from posting (mods can do that in cases where it calls for it, but hopefully they don't abuse that ability).

Trust me, I've tried that. This thread is full of people making ******** and unbacked claims. However when we people with brains refute them their ignorance and/or bias overshadows logic and doesn't allow them to realize they're wrong and stop typing. It would be one thing if people were admit it brawl being a completely easier and more shallow game and just say "I like that it's easier because I now feel i can compete" rather than people saying "BRAWL IS JUST AS DEEP AND MORE COMPETITIVE THAN MELEE"

You guys are just stupid. Brawl is shallow. Brawl is easy. Brawl is newb friendly. That's why you all love brawl and hate melee. Melee was NOT newb friendly. Melee was deep. melee was intimidating. I HOPE brawl becomes deep so that when you brawl forum newbie posters get ***** you fall right back into seclusion where you were before brawl came out.

thumbswayup

Smash Master

A man can dream...

Perfectly stated.

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
Trust me, I've tried that. This thread is full of people making ******** and unbacked claims. However when we people with brains refute them their ignorance and/or bias overshadows logic and doesn't allow them to realize they're wrong and stop typing. It would be one thing if people were admit it brawl being a completely easier and more shallow game and just say "I like that it's easier because I now feel i can compete" rather than people saying "BRAWL IS JUST AS DEEP AND MORE COMPETITIVE THAN MELEE"

You guys are just stupid. Brawl is shallow. Brawl is easy. Brawl is newb friendly. That's why you all love brawl and hate melee. Melee was NOT newb friendly. Melee was deep. melee was intimidating. I HOPE brawl becomes deep so that when you brawl forum newbie posters get ***** you fall right back into seclusion where you were before brawl came out.
Don't lump me in with the rest of the noobs. I love Brawl for being easier to play, but I loved Melee too. I acknowledge that they're two different games and that one can't replace the other.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
First of all, you're not trying to help anyone out, you just told that person to get out of Smashboards and never come back.

And please, tell me what I said that made it "more than obvious" that I'm not competitive player and that my opinions and observations count for nothing. Even if you are better than me at Melee (which you probably are if you have any backing for being so elitist) that doesn't make you any more worthy of posting on Smashboards than me.
I have no problem with any person new to smash posting on smashboards. in fact, i encourage it. I want as many people to be good at this game as possible. What i have no patience for is when someone who has no experience or credibility comes in and speaks on the subject like they know more than the pros. They often ***** and moan and insult all us smash veterans for insanely stupid reasons, not even listening to what we say.

If it was not your intention to insult me or any other avid melee smasher who was posting their thoughts about how brawl is inferior to melee, then it's cool. It just seemed like you were defending the countless idiots in this thread and bashing what I had to say.

Brawl noobs, you have as much right to post as the rest of us. However, that right vanquishes when you start making unneccessary and countless offensive posts because they are painful to read at times. Everytime I see a post of a brawl noob acting arrogant, I wish him to be shot.

foxmccloud233

Smash Cadet
dude i'm sure now the professional smash players are loving this game because its not so techincal and complicated as before and i'm sure in a couple of months there gonna find some way to move way faster and diff techniques for us to use just like in melee cuz when i started playing melee i had no idea there were moves like wavedashing or ne thing and i'm sure some how these professional smashers will discover new awesome techniques then u can finally stop *****in just get use to it thats what good game players do adjust

Rapthehedgehog

Smash Apprentice
1) Characters have fast falling

2) Yes boo hoo you have to watch more than fox in competitive matches

3) Claw canceling, dash canceling, wavelanding, brawl already has tech.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
? Fast falling is nothing like what is was in melee. It should be called a-bit-less-slow-falling, not fastfalling.

Fox is still really good in brawl imo. Also brawl is going to be just as limited if not more limited on characters than melee.

Wavelanding isn't in the game. Claw cancelling is stupid. Dash cancelling? Give me a break man. Don't try to defend with such a stupid argument.

I'm going to class now. I'll come back and argue with your underdeveloped 12 year old minds later tonight.

nytejade

Smash Cadet
It's all opinion.

If the game is balanced and NOT BROKEN, then it can be competitive. The top players in Melee will still be the top players in Brawl. The people who complain are probably the ones who were mediocre in Melee, and thus will be part of an even larger mediocre pool (maybe that's why they're upset).

If you want to argue that complexity and accessibility are functions of a competitive game, then I could argue the Smash series is FAR from being competition worthy when compared to games like Tekken and Virtua Fighter.

This happens in every game community, with every sequel. Let the people who don't want to adapt go away, because you're probably sick of listening to them by now anyway.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
/Sigh
It appears troll has succeded, Anon is has many lulz in victory, once again SWF is made the *******es of the internet.
Well, in other news, has it ever occured to you idiots that you can be casual AND competitive at the same time? It's not like being competitive means you can't turn on items and play friendly matches with your friends.

A matter of fact that was a pretty good thread hijack, from trolling to casual vs. competitive.

This thread is now about how awesome I am.

Am I awesome, y/n?

kr3wman

Smash Master
/Sigh
It appears troll has succeded, Anon is has many lulz in victory, once again SWF is made the *******es of the internet.
Well, in other news, has it ever occured to you idiots that you can be casual AND competitive at the same time? It's not like being competitive means you can't turn on items and play friendly matches with your friends.

A matter of fact that was a pretty good thread hijack, from trolling to casual vs. competitive.

This thread is now about how awesome I am.

Am I awesome, y/n?
Not, not really.

You gotta say more random stuff before saying your awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom