• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's face it, Brawl = Next Mario Party, huge dissapointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gillenium

Smash Rookie
Haha, you whiney nerds. Brawl is outrageously fun.

Is it like Mario Party?... Well Mario's in there, and I've been partying with this game for ****-near two days straight! So, I'm gonna say yes!

YouDigress

Smash Rookie
I'm amazed you have all failed to respond to my brilliant use of haiku to basically sum up the main points in the thread.

I'm going back to character forums.

Fletch

Smash Master
EXACTLY.

to EXPAND on the original gameplay engine. Brawl does not EXPAND on ANYTHING besides characters/stages. ALL it does it LIMIT thus far.

People say melee is boring now because we've played the game for SEVEN years. ANY game can get boring after 7 years. I play starcraft competitively and will probably play sc2 even if it's blatantly a worse and less competitive game - just because i'm bored of starcraft. This however does not mean i will be blind to the fact that it is obviously an inferior game.

It would be like if they decided to give every unit 600 hp so theyre easier to micro and you could only have a set number of miners in sc3...the game would be hurt so much. It would be as bad as wc3 competitively, LOL
Well said. Unfortunately, we are going to be stuck playing Brawl for a while, but maybe it will turn into the "beautiful mistake" Melee was.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Oh boo hoo, they took out wavedashing so I have to run now. that's the only reason you think they game is slowed down, you forgot that you could run, and according to your fox picture you're probably a fox main and are just soar that they had to make him less ridiculous.

All i can recommend is that you play it, deal with the changes, get better, and forget about the melee GLITCHES that so many people had to take advantage of.

PS: I love how all the flaws this guy listed are things that were wrong with melee...the wavedashing glitch, and the super obvious tiers that were present.

pirkid

Smash Lord
This is the biggest and most repetitive flame thread ever.

You guys are all using the same arguments in different words. There's no point yelling.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Oh boo hoo, they took out wavedashing so I have to run now. that's the only reason you think they game is slowed down, you forgot that you could run, and according to your fox picture you're probably a fox main and are just soar that they had to make him less ridiculous.

All i can recommend is that you play it, deal with the changes, get better, and forget about the melee GLITCHES that so many people had to take advantage of.

PS: I love how all the flaws this guy listed are things that were wrong with melee...the wavedashing glitch, and the super obvious tiers that were present.
You are the epitome of a typical brawl newbie. You are why melee players hate the brawl scene. Don't tell US why we "think" the game is slowed down. There is MUCH more than wavedashing taken out, and we dont "think" the game is slowed down. The game IS slowed down. Period.

"Melee GLITCHES" are not the only thing we took advantage of, and they removed many simple techs that were NOT glitches.

The super obvious tiers? Do you think brawl is not going to have such super obvious tiers? WRONG. Metaknight is already OBVIOUSLY ridiculous, winning the majority of tournaments thus far. With the game slowed so much and very little UNIVERSAL techs to abuse - we're left to abuse the techs of individual characters that were overlooked. These characters will by far stand out as the best characters and tiers will be just as present - if not more - in brawl than they were in melee.

Get yourself in check, newbie, you have a lot of learning to do if you even want to be decent at brawl. Mentality is key, and if you are one of those newbies against "breaking the game" you aren't going anywhere.

Fletch

Smash Master

Even if wavedashing was a glitch, who cares, it made the game infinitely better and competitive. And as far as "super obvious tiers", I hope you are kidding, Brawl is already showing to be quite imbalanced, Marth is going to absolutely **** in this game along with a select few other characters.

And the game is not slower because of the loss of WDing (which I could do without), it's slower due to the new physics, loss of l-cancel, and no new techs to replaces these... Basically, it's a downgrade of Melee thus far.

CivicSmash

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is a button mashing kiddy fest. It is so bad. The thing that I hate most of all is how you cant fall faster by pressing down in the air. Especially when I'm playing with Falcon. I will probably be selling it in a week or two, while I can still get an okay amount of money for it. Anyone who likes this game sucks at Melee.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Brawl is a button mashing kiddy fest. It is so bad. The thing that I hate most of all is how you cant fall faster by pressing down in the air. Especially when I'm playing with Falcon. I will probably be selling it in a week or two, while I can still get an okay amount of money for it. Anyone who likes this game sucks at Melee.
As a supporter of melee and a pessimist of brawl, i request this post be completely ignored by everyone in an attempt to somewhat save our names. This post is just as bad as the brawl newbies posts, and i'm hoping it's just a sarcastic troll v.v

Dinivan

Smash Rookie
28 pages of flames? Yikes.

I skipped over 27 of them. It was just too much bickering for me to stand, so sorry for any redundancies in my post.

I was going to make a well-thought out, non-partisan post (honest, I just cleared it out of the reply box) but I changed my mind. Brawl IS less competitive in design by the very reasons it's different from melee -- it's much harder to die without getting blasted off the screen, there are way fewer guaranteed combos/finishers, and most defensive positions are designed to allow escape if the escapee uses the proper choice and a little timing.

Brawl will be competitive, but only because theres a massive smash community that wants it to be competitive. And I'm not going to comment on depth, because it's a stupid argument. Ultimately, it's your call whether you think you'll have fun being part of that community.

I've similar impressions to you, though.

0oo0

Smash Cadet
I didnt read any of the posts except the first and i must say that this topic creator doesnt know what he is talking about.
First of all, I've played melee for over 4 years, i was hoping brawl wouldnt feel the same as melee. Im thankful that brawl feels new and fresh; in other words, different from melee.
OK about competitive play... BRAWL has it. Trust me it does... It takes time to get used to, but it is there! Im glad all the characters are balanced out so we dont have the same top characters (Fox, falco) fighting each other in every match.
Did u even consider playing the **** game enough to notice that the competitive game is at a whole new level? Dodging in the air seems to be a huge role in competitive play even more than it ever was in melee.
Oh and btw i was a competitive player in melee as well and really... Brawl is a new step to over take. I cant wait to get to competitive levels in this game ^^

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Even if wavedashing was a glitch, who cares, it made the game infinitely better and competitive. And as far as "super obvious tiers", I hope you are kidding, Brawl is already showing to be quite imbalanced, Marth is going to absolutely **** in this game along with a select few other characters.

And the game is not slower because of the loss of WDing (which I could do without), it's slower due to the new physics, loss of l-cancel, and no new techs to replaces these... Basically, it's a downgrade of Melee thus far.
I siagree about wavedashing. There weren't many characters that could make use of wavedashing in their competitively gameplay well enough to be of use.
i.e. Zelda whose wavedashes were very small.

I do not believe L canceling is a loss either because many of the aerials in this game have had their lag reduced. NOt ot say all of them reduced since Link's and Uair are still laggy ubut that it isn't as great a loss as it is made out to be.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Ya so its just aimed for being fun with casual fans - sounds like Marion Party to me. I am an extremely competitive person, so this is very difficult for me. Why would they ruin it?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
um, buddy...........melee was broken. it had some pretty bad character balance, I mean come on.

Fletch

Smash Master
I siagree about wavedashing. There weren't many characters that could make use of wavedashing in their competitively gameplay well enough to be of use.

I do not believe L canceling is a loss either because many of the aerials in this game have had their lag reduced. NOt ot say all of them reduced since Link's and Uair are still laggy ubut that it isn't as great a loss as it is made out to be.
Tell that to Luigis, ICs, Mewtwos, or basically tons of other characters that need WDing to be competitive. Truth be told, WDing really helped out a ton of characters, especially a lot of the lower tiers, and few characters were an exception to this (I might give you Zelda, but I use WD with her along with the few others that ever play her).

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
Hmm...Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Samus, Dr. Mario, Mario, Ganondorf, Luigi, Roy, Young Link, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Pichu, Game and Watch, Mewtwo.

Define many.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Tell that to Luigis, ICs, Mewtwos, or basically tons of other characters that need WDing to be competitive. Truth be told, WDing really helped out a ton of characters, especially a lot of the lower tiers, and few characters were an exception to this (I might give you Zelda, but I use WD with her along with the few others that ever play her).
Sigh... this thread is still here? Omg. People, the TC is an obvious troll and/or an idiot who cant accept change. Such changes as these happen in every fighting game sequel. You liked Melee BEFORE we knew about WDing correct?

Well, heres what I suggest to you. Either learn to accept change, or GTFO my forums. I dont want to come in here any other day and see "Omg Brawl ftl, lets play melee forever!" at the top of the boards. If you dislike Brawl so very much, you might as WELL leave, because those of us who love the game for what it is, will be here posting, rubbing it in your trolling faces.

Brawl4Life.

DaisukeNiwa

Smash Rookie
Melee was an awesome game; played it when it first came out, and played it up until the release date of Brawl.

Give Brawl a chance, it's not fair comparing a game you've played for years to a game you've been playing for a couple of days (a month and so for those who played the Japanese Brawl).

It's like a longtime relationship to a girl. You've broken up with her and gotten another, and if you keep comparing her to the last girl, you'll just end up being miserable and never be satisfied.

Fletch

Smash Master
Sigh... this thread is still here? Omg. People, the TC is an obvious troll and/or an idiot who cant accept change. Such changes as these happen in every fighting game sequel. You liked Melee BEFORE we knew about WDing correct?

Well, heres what I suggest to you. Either learn to accept change, or GTFO my forums. I dont want to come in here any other day and see "Omg Brawl ftl, lets play melee forever!" at the top of the boards. If you dislike Brawl so very much, you might as WELL leave, because those of us who love the game for what it is, will be here posting, rubbing it in your trolling faces.

Brawl4Life.
I like how you quoted me, then did not address a single thing I said. But anyways, the OP might just be a troll looking for a response, but it doesn't change the fact that he brings up good points. And I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be telling people to "GTFO" "your" forums, as anyone can be a member here, and the people you are telling that to have been here quite a bit longer than you.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
i don't feel like i can ever enjoy Brawl as much as I enjoyed Melee. It just seems liked the developers couldn't agree with each other on some things. It is like a book that has no spine. The pages are readable, but they slide around annoyingly.

ObeseNightmare

Smash Cadet
Let's face it, no one cares what you think and you can't accept change.
I'm going to have to agree with this one, all that L-canceling and whatnot made it less fun. But really, this has to be the best game I have ever played in my lifetime... Oh well, everyone has their own opinions. Thank you OP for not forcing your opinion on me.

(I feel like CoD is turing into a daycare center with all the little kids)

Deft

Smash Cadet
grr, I hate this stupid "Brawl isn't as competitive" argument. what, when you play it do you try to lose as opposed to trying to win? when a match is over it still says who won, therefore I'd say its competitive.

also 1v1's no items are really fun now, since I don't have to think about doing a thousand shffl's a second anymore.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
Lol I like this thread.
Don't you guys think if this guy was for real he would just played Melee instead?

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
-The game is so slow now that its almost a joke

Ever heard of Smash64?
Best game ever? Period.

Also, You haven't played much, because this is one of the most insanely chaotic games I've ever played.

-Skill components have been removed (Wavedashing, L-Cancelling, etc.)

...And new ones CAN'T be found?
Says who?

-All the players have been downgraded and Nintendo didn't want anyone to dominate.

Ever heard of a guy named MARTH?

-You grab the edge practically every time, its like magnetic almost

Theres your advanced technique. Deal with it. Use it in a strategy some how.

-Great combo's = gone because of slow free fall

Err....
Slow Free Fall = Combo's Ahoy. Seriously. It may suck if YOUR the one falling, but if your not, you can get some SERIOUS aerials off.

-You can airdodge continuously

Advanced Technique. GGPWN.

-Disastrous and awkward load times

What game are you playing?
The WiFi has a [Close to] One Minute load time, SO WHAT?
It's no different than Joining a server on an FPS, it's just it has a timer there to make it seem longer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom