• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lets Bring Back The Situation Game

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Basically this is just bringing back an old Praxis thread where he presented several situations and we would all provide possible answers to whatever tough situation he presented. Most if not all of the situations presented are disadvantageous to Peach coz well, if it wasn't what would be the point.

To be honest I'm making this thread to drain you guys. I want your information and maybe I'll learn something new without me having to do the work for it. That is what boards are for anyway. Give n take even though this is more like snatch n steal on my part but I kiiiind of don't care.

I'll present a few situations and then I'll probably take those down and add new ones every few days or whenever someone ***** me with something gay. I'll try to archive the answers by post numbers or somethin'. Aaaanyway I hope this takes off so I can just run here and ask for help shamelessly and well if you don't want to help then idc, you're gay and Ima **** you when I actually meet some of ya'll.

everything posted here are things I'm pretty inconsistent with when faced with them so help yo. ;o

1. Marth eats most of your shield with a shield breaker and lets just say that you didn't react quickly enough to dash usmash oos as is often the case. What do you do and give a small idea of an effective way to play vs the Marth while you wait for your shield to replenish. (11/11/10)

2. Gdubz uairs you and keeps on going w/ it. It's really annoying. I wanna go offstage sometimes but it puts me at risk for fair. I hate uair. :| (11/11/10)

3. You're hanging on the ledge at kill percent and Snake is spamming utilt (lol illmatic). (11/11/10)

4. You're hanging on the ledge and Lucario is sitting there at high percent w/ an aura charge. (11/11/10)

5. You're hanging on the ledge at kill percent and Game n Watch is just chillin there. We know he has dtilt, aerials, and mainly usmash. What's do we do?
(11/11/10)

6. Falco is near you, lets saaay at the edge of his ftilt range or perhaps even jab range and he silent lasers your shield. What are good answers to this? (if we normal shield and if we powershield). (11/19/10)

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Well, with snake's Utilt, it's hard to say. Is he close to the ledge, or just close enough for the tip of Utilt to hit?

Utilt isn't exactly lagless. Try predicting it in between frames. Recover high from the ledge. His options at that point are predictable.

I'll ponder on the rest lol.

Metatitan

Smash Master
1. Just running grab/dash attack him OoS if you're too slow for up smash. Either ledgecamp until your shield returns or camp harder in general without using your shield. Idk it's tough lol.

2. Can't you just jab OoS if you PS his up smash? If he's just spamming it counter it with D tilt or just camp him harder.

3. I guess time your Fair to be in between up tilt hits. If he waits then double jump air dodge back on stage. Make sure to time it so that he can't just up tilt you during vulnerability!

4. Same thing as snake, only if you can bait it from him while you're still on the ledge then you're in the clear. Make sure to watch out for f smash the same way you would with snake's up tilt.

5. It depends, your reaction timing is key. Look at how far away from the ledge he is. If he's right on it, drop Uair. If he's at a f smash distance, ledgejump. If you see him going for the Fair, try an airdodge. Idk, it's too hard to just post, something you gotta see I guess.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
1. ...You can dash OoS Up Smash after shield breaker hits you???
Depends on the distance of the pushback. If you're close enough, Jab or Dash Attack him OoS. If not, roll away cause there'll still be ending lag on shield breaker left over. For replenishing your shield, either run away and camp with Turnips or Float about in the air to try and create an aerial spacing standoff (or him trying to bat you with F Tilts), which should give you time for your shield recover

2. Are you in the lead with stocks of percent?
If he keeps on doing it...then its not really a problem. Vertically, what else is G&W going to hit you with? Just wait until he stops and then be careful with your landing. If you don't have the lead...keep trying to get out of it. Airdodging will help you get down quicker but the ending lag is punishable so don't use it when he's in Fair range. Only go for the ledge if you get really stuck

3. Depends how free you are
If you're Freematic, then just drop off the ledge and give up
If you're Frillmatic, keep dropping off the ledge and regrabbing or time a jump getup or double jump back on stage and shield
If you're THRILLmatic, ledge hop a Fair inbetween the Up Tilts
If you're Rick...matic, drop off the ledge, immediatly 2nd jump and use Toad. If Snake is spamming Up Tilt constantly, Toad will work a treat. Just watch he doesn't suddenly stop and punish the after lag. You MUST drop down and THEN double jump up, otherwise the drop lag from Toad will kill you

4. Wait, you mean Aura Sphere Charge? How close to the ledge is he?
Erm...I guess same as above are various options. Jump get up would probably be the safest since if he's charging Aura Sphere, he's stuck on the ground and unless he has lucky/inhuman timing, he's going to have trouble catching the right moment to chuck the Aura Sphere and/or jumping up to punish a jump get up. Mix it up with ledge grabs and stuff before so you aren't predictable

5. Someone's having trouble on the ledge it would seem...although this is Peach we're talking about lol

Hope those are all ok answers
Same as above again - tbh, what other options are there?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
1. Marth eats most of your shield with a shield breaker and lets just say that you didn't react quickly enough to dash usmash oos as is often the case. What do you do and give a small idea of an effective way to play vs the Marth while you wait for your shield to replenish.
Instinct tells me: free pull, reverse glidetoss, bonewalk, reverse glidetoss, ledge-cancel super turnip spam over and over till he gets close.

2. Gdubz uairs you and keeps on going w/ it. It's really annoying. I wanna go offstage sometimes but it puts me at risk for fair. I hate uair. :|
I always seem to go for the ledge. Throw in a toad stall somewhere in there.

3. You're hanging on the ledge at kill percent and Snake is spamming utilt (lol illmatic).
Wait for the utilt then sh airdodge into shield. Peach Bomber if I have a stock advantage and wanna be ballsy.

4. You're hanging on the ledge and Lucario is sitting there at high percent w/ an aura charge.
UHHHH

PLANKKKK??????

5. You're hanging on the ledge at kill percent and Game n Watch is just chillin there. We know he has dtilt, aerials, and mainly usmash. What's do we do?
Wait. Always wait.

Bait by planking with weird stuff like Toad and Peach Bomber and fair.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
3. Depends how free you are
If you're Freematic, then just drop off the ledge and give up
If you're Frillmatic, keep dropping off the ledge and regrabbing or time a jump getup or double jump back on stage and shield
If you're THRILLmatic, ledge hop a Fair inbetween the Up Tilts
If you're Rick...matic, drop off the ledge, immediatly 2nd jump and use Toad. If Snake is spamming Up Tilt constantly, Toad will work a treat. Just watch he doesn't suddenly stop and punish the after lag. You MUST drop down and THEN double jump up, otherwise the drop lag from Toad will kill you
I loved this.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
1. Marth eats most of your shield with a shield breaker and lets just say that you didn't react quickly enough to dash usmash oos as is often the case. What do you do and give a small idea of an effective way to play vs the Marth while you wait for your shield to replenish.

Run. Simply run away while tossing turnips and creating a while. it will become hard for Marth to get to you and by then your shield will be back to normal. Just get away from him at all cost.

2. Gdubz uairs you and keeps on going w/ it. It's really annoying. I wanna go offstage sometimes but it puts me at risk for fair. I hate uair. :|

Move away from the stage once that upair gets weak while you won't fly up so high. And go for a recovery off the stage. You can actually evade his Fair with her crappy air dodge then up-B from below stage and he can't do anything about it. At this point he has to forget about you and worry about getting back on stage. Just pull away, evade his Fair and up-B from below.

3. You're hanging on the ledge at kill percent and Snake is spamming utilt (lol illmatic).

If the stage is flat and you did not burn your float, float land to the stage. Then Jab or float off to a Nair then Jab. if you float lan correctly you get a few frames of invisibility. The formula goes like this:

Invincibility Frames - 46
Minimum Time on Ledge: 25
Ledge Grab Lag Frames - 24
Ledge Drop Frame - 26

Which leads to this:

- jump -> float gives a maximum of 10 frames invulnerability. If you decide to jump -> float -> land you'll have a max of 7 frames invincibility.

Now to aply this with attacks with float land:

7-3= 4 frames of invisibility from a Nair floating on stage. Then you are free to cover your self with a Jab which is 2 frames. Which can leave you with one frame of being 2- 1 frame of being tounched.

7- 17= 11 frames your opponent has to punish you out of a float on stage to Fair. Now this sucks. But what you can do is Float on stage and then whith the7 frames of Invis, let snake uptilt you. You cant be hurt then time that fair. or you can even go in with A fair from stage, he can't stuch you ether way and he takes a hit. That 11 frame he has is if you are too slow to react and abuse frames. So be on point.

7-12= 5 frames he has to hit you from a on stage float to Dair. But just do the sam,e method as i said above.

But best way I would say is float land on stage to a Jab, he can't touch you. If he is close enough you can also time get up attacks. if he is trying to space that disjointed hit box, float land to jabs.

If your float is gone, Jump off the ledge and hold Back, You can evade his up still and recover from above, Snake aint all that fast in the air. So abuse that for recovery and evasion. Don't go doing this if he is right at the. Just let go, regrab the ledge, then abuse the inis frames you will get with a ldge hop to Nair and go behind him. You can't be touched and snakes uptilt has cool down time to a point he can't punish you if you get behind him. You can get away from him.

4. You're hanging on the ledge and Lucario is sitting there at high percent w/ an aura charge.

Use same method I gace with snake. Now if you did burn your float. You can abuse her short second jump top get on stage quick and jab or roll behind. Fair cancles are good too. He wants to space Fsmash. Hope off the ledge but hold the stick back, So you can evade the move and get a lil over the stage, this helps to get back.

Toad the fool if you know he will through one out. or just uae the options I gave for snake and lucario.

z00ted

Dark Pch if you honestly think that way during friendlies I will claim you as Peach of the millenium.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I don't know if that was some slick or undercover insult from you as usual but I have no way of knowing for sure.

I usually think/play like this in friendlies or while I am just sitting alone thinking. wether at a tourny or just here. Thus why I had the problem of me playing like a monster in friendlies. yet in tourny I play like some beginner. Many have said and noticed that about me too. "I don't see you do the crazy **** in friendlies I see in tournament" few have said this to me alot.

But I think If my new style and me getting better, I'll be able to play the way I think more often. All a matter of adjusting now.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm feeling a bit lazy to do some hard thinking, so I'll give my "two cents" for one of the scenarios:

1) Depending on the position of the characters, Peach can simply retreat to the other end of the stage. Obviously, Marth will be hot on her a**, so pluck a Turnip and use it for disrupting his approach and for spacing in the meantime. Just run away, basically.

In the chance this occurs while Marth has her pinned near the ledge, Peach can simply plank the sh*t out of the ledge until her shield recovers. If Marth approaches to punish her planking, then instead of doing short-hopped ledge grabs, go for a ledge roll to get behind Marth and proceed to run to the other side, doing what was stated in my first paragraph.

That's pretty much all I've got for now. Thinking hurts my brain, and typing on the Wii browser using the Wii Remote is a pain on my thumb. X__x

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I would not do that. being on the ledge asgainst Marth is something Peach wants to avoid alot. Really against a good one that spaces like hell. It's hard to get back on. Running away and creating a wall with turnips

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Agreed. The ledge isn't safe.

Also, I'm highly anti-Toad near the ledge. You die disgustingly early if you're caught.

z00ted

Same, that's why I didn't pull it out and just ran right into the u-tilt. I'm perfectly fine with that.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
. Marth eats most of your shield with a shield breaker and lets just say that you didn't react quickly enough to dash usmash oos as is often the case. What do you do and give a small idea of an effective way to play vs the Marth while you wait for your shield to replenish.

retreating nair then double jump bomb pull

double jump bomb pull

if your illmatic you die

if your shadow1pillpoppinanimalj you double jump bomb pull

gossip gossip ***** just stop it everybody knows im mother****in monsta

double jump bomb pull plz

ewwmatic just double jump bomb pull then z drop recatch it and dair him
everything posted here are things I'm pretty inconsistent with when faced with them so help yo. ;o

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I would not do that. being on the ledge asgainst Marth is something Peach wants to avoid alot. Really against a good one that spaces like hell. It's hard to get back on. Running away and creating a wall with turnips
Agreed. The ledge isn't safe.

Also, I'm highly anti-Toad near the ledge. You die disgustingly early if you're caught.
Same, that's why I didn't pull it out and just ran right into the u-tilt. I'm perfectly fine with that.
In hindsight, you guys are right. Well I suppose just running and tossing Turnips will have to do.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Cause if she had her normal 2nd jump in the SSE, she wouldn't be able to get anywhere lol. Kind of ironic they realised how short it was and changed it just for the SSE

The physics of the SSE are crazy anyway - SH's are really short and some characters running speeds/attacks are changed. Sonic is so slow and his Up + B is garbage for example

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
6. Falco is near you, lets saaay at the edge of his ftilt range or perhaps even jab range and he silent lasers your shield. What are good answers to this? (if we normal shield and if we powershield)

idk how the frame advantage works but i'm pretty sure he has some kind of advantage if we don't powershield (+2 I think) and if we powershield then it's like neutral. i forgot.

i think ima change the formatting of the thread and kind of run it like kyon's daily question 'cept it won't be daily, it'll be when someone does gay **** to me. @_@

Top Bottom