• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lesbian, Gay, Bi, and Transgender Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
What a lovely compliment.

Anyways, I was wondering if we can switch the thread title to "LGBT Smashers" and not "Lesbian, Gay, Bi, and Transgender Smashers". It would look nicer me thinks.
Hey, anyone else agree with this? Because I only used the lengthened title because I thought some people might not know what the "LGBT" abbreviation meant. Of course, they could always figure it out by reading the topic. I'll give you guys a day to mull it over.

Luxferre

Smash Apprentice
Hey, anyone else agree with this? Because I only used the lengthened title because I thought some people might not know what the "LGBT" abbreviation meant. Of course, they could always figure it out by reading the topic. I'll give you guys a day to mull it over.
I think it should stay how it is. Indeed I too think that many don't now what "LGBT" means.
And if their against it, I would rather know what its about, before entering.
Some people just want to stay away from such topics.
Besides, I think it looks better outwritten.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I prefer it the way it is right now.

Luxferre

Smash Apprentice
Okay, okay. Enough of this discussion. There's a little place called "The Debate Hall" and a thread you can make called "Does bisexuality exist" if you want to continue.
At the moment nobody can join the debate hall.
And it might be important to clear and talk about such things here.
But that Topic already closed so lets keep it that way.

Matt

Banned via Administration
His name is Matt, but he dresses like a manly girl-- if that makes any sense. (Jeans, and a girl's t-shirt. Nothing too girly, like skirts, halters, tube tops, etc.) He talks in a very high voice, wears lady's jewelry, and I sometimes catch him wearing curlers in his shoulder length hair if I'm early to work. Its really funny hearing him talk in his girly voice, and then hearing him laugh in his man voice.
Geeeeez Xsyven, I told you to keep that private~

I had a gay friend for a while. He kept hitting on me. Frequently. I felt like so many old female friends I'd hit on in "subtle" ways that were pretty clear as day: uncomfortable and annoyed. Don't be that guy. I guess he was hoping to convert me, or that I was closeted because I'm not like the other boys. Sheesh, homosexuality is not a choice! And hell, who would want to choose to be ostracized by society?

I feel like I should get back in touch with him just because he's lonely and doesn't have many friends, but that he'd take it the wrong way. Hmm, he thought we were on a date just because I agreed to have coffee with him.

Yeah, I think I'll steer clear.

Heartless Prince Of Light

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Castle, staring at the Bridge Of Eldin
I actually have short hair now, which is the funny part. I think overall I give off very androgynous vibes in a variety of ways. My face can go either way but can't play the extremes. My mannerisms are extreme in both ends of the spectrum. I like to walk around as an enigma. Yay!
:laugh:

If you see me in my Zelda costume, you'd think I was a girl...I can shows teh Picz if yew wantz itz!
Me as Zelda...in Paris(the city, not the place in France!)
xD
what'cha think?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The Zelda cosplay is awesome! For some reason I'm really liking the shoes - they look very, authentic.

And about the title:
I think it's a flip over form over function - though form is a matter of opinion as people seem to like the long version. My opinion would be that the LGBT title would look cleaner. And anyone who doesn't want to go into such threads can just leave with no harm done. Eh.

CHOOSE TO CHANGE THE TITLE ARG!

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice

If you see me in my Zelda costume, you'd think I was a girl...I can shows teh Picz if yew wantz itz!
Me as Zelda...in Paris(the city, not the place in France!)
xD
what'cha think?
Woah, best Zelda cosplay I've seen! Where were you when they were making that Zelda CD-i game :p? I especially like the hair, I always liked her hair.....

As for the title, I could care less either way. As previously said, there might be some who do not understand the abbreviation. But on the flip side, if its spelled out there's more likely a chance an immature bigot will see it and spam the topic. Eh, do whatever works.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
There aren't many haters, really.
not in our generation at least... I mean I know there's plenty of anti-gay sentiment in my group of friends.... sadly. My roomate for one hates all that homosexuality stands for and agrees it's an awful sin (doesn't change the fact he's a good person overall... it just dissapoints me) one of my other close friends has a similar outlook on it, but at least he doesn't condemn homosexuals he knows... maybe that's just because he's so chill. but yeah.. 75% of my friends are probably anti-gay... meh... I'll work on em.

But, overall, you're right... most of the kids here in smashboards aren;t gonna come a hatin' and even my friends who are anti-gay aren't haters... even if they think it's so wrong, they are quiet about it.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Oh. My. God. Heartless.

That is so ridiculous good, I'm bloody speechless. Like, my socks should be knocked off so badly... well I don't know where else to go with the attempt at wit.

Win Heartless. Epic win.

Smash Apprentice
Wow really great I would totally believe that your a girl and not the slightest male.
Besides it looks really great on you.
Thanks, everyone!
well...I put on a little bit of makeup...so it's all just natural girly looks...sometimes...:laugh:
but yeah, i loved wearing that dress...and the boots...oh my god...I specially ordered them from my friend, she's a shoemaker for a Cosplay/Halloween shop, and she made me the Zelda boots she also made me Peach's heels(sensibility!), Rosalina's Heels, Rosalina's Costume, and all these other things, if you want, pics are available(FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY! :laugh: )

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Yeah... you definitely looked like a chick heartless.. and that was clearly your goal... so... Kudos.

Amide

Smash Lord
@Sonic The Hedgedawg

Most of your friends are anti gay? Wow, that's sort of surprising. On Smashboards, most people are OK with it. Outside of it, some kids are pressured to be disrespectful.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
@Sonic The Hedgedawg

Most of your friends are anti gay? Wow, that's sort of surprising. On Smashboards, most people are OK with it. Outside of it, some kids are pressured to be disrespectful.
yeah well you know, there are lots of facets to personalities... Honestly, politically, most of my friends are way too conservative for me... but, we mesh so well on other levels. it would be silly to distance myself from them because of that. All I can do is try to make them more understanding by showing understanding myself.

But yeah... they are just made.... squeemish by the thought of it... not angrily combative.

BTW, agrees with Blink... Heartless's costumes are TOP TIER (especially wigs)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Sonic the Hedgedawg: I understand. I still hang out with a few conservative, and sometimes homophobic people, but I can see through it and still have fun with them...

But since I have come out to one friend and knowing I can be 100% myself around them, I have kind of grown apart from the others... It would help if I thought they might accept me, but it's a no go. They hate "******'s". -_- God, I hate that term... it just bothers me...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
hm...I JUST took a pic of me as Marth...>.<
so you only cosplay as females then?
Sonic the Hedgedawg: I understand. I still hang out with a few conservative, and sometimes homophobic people, but I can see through it and still have fun with them...

But since I have come out to one friend and knowing I can be 100% myself around them, I have kind of grown apart from the others... It would help if I thought they might accept me, but it's a no go. They hate "******'s". -_- God, I hate that term... it just bothers me...
understood. But honestly... honestly Isn't it about how much you allow being gay, or trans in your case, to define who you are? I mean.. you are but it;s not like all the sudden every other part of your personality eases to exist. Though, compartitively, being a transexual is more extreme as far as being part of the way you act; you can be gay only in the sense of who you are sexually attracted to... TANGENT. Final point here, yeah... you can still be friends... maybe.. depends on if they can accept that or if you can turn it on and off.

and yeah.. I never say the word ******** because I feel it's probably offensive... I also cringer at the "N" word and thw word "F**" or any of the new words that are derogatory towards muslims or middle easterners they just all sound so... hateful.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
:O

...most of the time..but...hm...it's only because I have a girly body...I have curvaciousness...even though I work out...
>.<
but I did dress up as Ike, Itsuki, Mikuru, and...Mion AND Shion.
I love those characters to death...
>.<
was supposed to be a cut at marth.. not at you.

Smash Apprentice
was supposed to be a cut at marth.. not at you.
Ay-ay-ayyy...why pick on the girly one?
>.<
no one ever makes fun of Ike...

hm...they did once....it went like this:

Ike: "I Fight For My Friends!"
Wall-E: "Ike, you have no friends..."
Ike:"Then I fight for my family!"
Wall-E:"Your family is dead..."
Ike:"Then I fight for my *insert male genitalia name here*!"
Wall-E:"Ike..you don't have that either..."
Ike"...WAAAAAH!!! NOW WHAT DO I DO?!I'M GONNA KILL MYSELF!!! I GOT NO FRIENDS OR FAMILY, I CAN'T EVEN REPRODUCE!!! WAAAAH!!!"
Wall-E:"This DOES Compute."

.......:joyful:

BTW, You look a little bit cuter with your new hairz!

Smash Apprentice
I liked the ruffled mess of days before... :ohwell: though the faux-hawk is adequate.

Anyways, Heartless. Honestly, GOD, those are freakin' awesome! That's the first time I've clapped at my monitor. You sir, are officially great.
aw, thanks, Meno!
*hugs*
you guys are awesome!
*gives 10 internet cookies to everyone*

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
understood. But honestly... honestly Isn't it about how much you allow being gay, or trans in your case, to define who you are? I mean.. you are but it;s not like all the sudden every other part of your personality eases to exist. Though, compartitively, being a transexual is more extreme as far as being part of the way you act; you can be gay only in the sense of who you are sexually attracted to... TANGENT. Final point here, yeah... you can still be friends... maybe.. depends on if they can accept that or if you can turn it on and off.

and yeah.. I never say the word ******** because I feel it's probably offensive... I also cringer at the "N" word and thw word "F**" or any of the new words that are derogatory towards muslims or middle easterners they just all sound so... hateful.
It's more of, my true self is very, very, feminine... To an extent that would scare my other friends. XD Plus with the one friend I can actually talk to her about things and rant and stuff, and you know, being trans is kind of a big part of me... Around the other friends I have to put up a persona, one I've recently realized... and one that I really don't like. I still try to be very much myself, but lately I've been realizing I really am not myself around them and it's bothering me... =/

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
To Heartless: Wow, even more costumes. I *heart* the Rosalina! In all seriousness, are you going into costume design as a profession? I think you have a natural gift for it.

To Bassoonist: I understand the whole mini-identity crisis you might be going through. Right when I came out I was that cliche guy trying to "rediscover" himself. I tried all kinds of ways of talking and acting so I could assert my newfound gayness. In the end, I just decided to be myself and just casually mention my homosexuality in the conversation. Corny, I know, but I felt more pressured to act "gay" than I ever did acting "straight". Now I'm that guy at parties who burps real loud, chats about the latest episode of Tila Tequila, does 7 Russian Car Bombs and karaokes Madonna. In essence, a mixed bag.

BTW, don't ask what I did last weekend. :urg:

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Disjointed double post MojoMan? Lulz. But you're right. GET ON TRACK PEOPLE. Here's a good rule I came up with to avoid another horrible horrible lock:

Talk about anything and everything, but make sure to fit in the word "gay" or "lesbian" or "transgender" or "Marth" into your post.

10gays

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if I'm the only person who feels that the idea of 'on-topic' for a group and topic such as this is an idea doomed to failure... *shrugs* But ah well. We seem to be alright so far, gaying it up quite nicely. But I actually have a question to ask the gathered fellow sexual deviants I enjoy the company of so very very much.

In my experience, a lot of the'sexually diverse' people I hang out with (because we're being so PC with our title now, apparently) are very creative in various ways. I, for example, am a writer of science fiction and fantasy. I just love to create whole worlds and amazing people doing amazing things... or better, ordinary people doing amazing things. I find it liberating. I know people who write, who draw, even a couple photographers.

So, out of curiosity, who here has been molested by their muse?

And so there can be no confusion about the topic, I am a boy whole likes boys, I r teh ***gieness and I luvs it.

So I'm on-topic now. Anyone else enjoy getting creative in one form or another? We've seen recolours, and I love to write... who else here stretches their creative muscles?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Hm... a theory that gays are more creative than the average Joe. Intriguing. *smokes bubble pipe while rubbing chin*

I'm a proof of purchase then. Besides being a pretty swell photographer I'm also a sculptor - of da BOD-AY.:066:

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Weird... Just had this question brought up at another forum I visit.

I work in the film industry as an Editor and Visual FX artist. As a side note, I also do Script Supervising which, while not an overly creative job, is a position (mildly inexplicably) dominated by women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom