• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LeBron James to sign with the Miami Heat.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
For all you NBA fans out there, what do you think about LeBrons decision to sign with the Heat?

I personally think its gonna take awhile for Wade, Bosh, and LeBron to adjust to each other. Last year each player was pretty much the star of their old teams. Now coming together as one i think its gonna take awhile to work out the kinks. Although when they begin to work as a team i see them being nearly unstoppable.

I am a Orlando Magic fan myself and i hope to see them take the title next season. Its gonna be a fun and interesting 2010-2011 season to say the least

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
I think he wants to finally win a championship. We'll see if he can do it on the heat. They're a solid team if I remeber correctly.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Easy they wont win a Ring.

A 40 win team.

Might as well sign Shaq,TMac, and Allen Iverson to Vet Min if they actually want to do something this year.

Rockets>Heat

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I hear his first game is against Cleveland.

He needs to throw dat chalk in the air.

Niko45

Smash Master
I think its complete bull****. Lebron just made the worst decision of his entire life. His legacy is over. Winning 3 championships in miami isn't going to amount to what 1 would have been in Cleveland.

The guy panicked. He's been deep in the playoffs multiple times already at 25 years old. Clearly he was going to get his at some point, but he sold out.

I also think they are not a lock to win a championship at all....

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I think its complete bull****. Lebron just made the worst decision of his entire life. His legacy is over. Winning 3 championships in miami isn't going to amount to what 1 would have been in Cleveland.

The guy panicked. He's been deep in the playoffs multiple times already at 25 years old. Clearly he was going to get his at some point, but he sold out.

I also think they are not a lock to win a championship at all....
They'll win. But I wonder if Lebron can handle being A-Rod to D-Wade's Derek Jeter.

CO18

Smash Hero
Theyll be top 4 team but theres defintely no auto-win. Itll be between them celtics,magic and lakers.

Im putting them in 3rd place right now. They still need a supporting cast and right now the only player officially on the miami heat roster is mario chalmers since wade,lebron,and bosh havent officially signed yet.
So theyll have those 4 and like 8 minimum salary players rofl. But well see, theyll definitley be fun to watch and since im going to be in miami I get to watch all the games :) though Im sure like 90% of them are going to be on ESPN now lol

SheerMadness

Smash Master
They just signed Mike Miller. They'll also resign Udonis Haslem. If they can find a 1/2 decent center I think they have a shot at a title next year. I think the Magic and Lakers are probably favored above them next year though. Celtics are too **** old.

Master Raven

Smash Master
CO, are you implying that you're moving to Miami?

And this is a good time for me to get into basketball since I've finally gained an appreciation for sports recently LOL

Equi

Smash Ace
I've been a Heat fan since '95 so I'm pretty **** thrilled. I use to be a big Tim Hardaway fan back in the day, sobbed in the playoffs when we got beat by the Knicks constantly, etc. When Wade first came into the league I was thrilled cuz I knew he'd be a star just had a gut instinct about it, and winning the championship in '06 made me ecstatic.

I've always liked LeBron James too, never disliked him as a Cav I've always rooted for the Cavs in the playoffs. Never understood why people find LeBron to be this egotistical guy just because he refused to shake hands a few times and never understood the hatred for LeBron in general. I always liked him as a player a lot more than Kobe so I'm thrilled about this. Obviously Wade is my favorite but LeBron is in my top 5 fav players in the NBA.

Cleveland fans are ridiculously hilarious. Who the hell gets that emotional over one player to the point of burning his jersey. It's pathetic and sad as hell LeBron brought them to the NBA Finals for like the first time and did great thiings for the franchise and them flipping out over it proves that they're emo and deserve bad sports luck. If Wade were to leave Miami (which he was thinking about a week ago) I would have been dissapointed but I wouldn't have burned his effing jersey since he brought us a title and did some great things for the Heat. I would have rooted for him on the Bulls. I also find it funny that Cleveland's economy depends on this one **** athlete and people go completely emo on youtube over it. What a bunch of ***s.

Like LeBron said during the interview every dynasty and championship team has had help, Kobe had Shaq, Jordan had Pippen and Rodman, etc. So LeBron gets some help from Wade and Bosh and people diss on LeBron for increasing his chance of winning? How pathetic. You need help to win championships, the Heat aren't even a championship calibur team yet we're guaranteed for Eastern Conference Finals since we lack depth and bench support at the moment. People are overrating us as some super New York Yankees team and it just shows their ignorance about basketball in general. It'll take a year or two I think before we win the title just like in '05 when we got Shaq.

I'm pretty **** excited, though.

uuaa1

Smash Journeyman
Probably waveshining really fast somewhere, K-town
lol

bosh, james ,and wade is like m2k.mango,and shiz on one team..auto win son
ik right? its ridiculous.

Theyll be top 4 team but theres defintely no auto-win. Itll be between them celtics,magic and lakers.

Im putting them in 3rd place right now. They still need a supporting cast and right now the only player officially on the miami heat roster is mario chalmers since wade,lebron,and bosh havent officially signed yet.
So theyll have those 4 and like 8 minimum salary players rofl. But well see, theyll definitley be fun to watch and since im going to be in miami I get to watch all the games :) though Im sure like 90% of them are going to be on ESPN now lol

ik man. The cavaliers are out of the picture pretty much.

All thats left is wat you said: Magics, Lakers, Celtics and now the Heat...

The Heat is the new Evil Empire lol. or the Return of the Jedi perhaps? lolol.

Lakers Strikes Back

Return of the Heat

LOLS

CO18

Smash Hero
This is my predictions for the east playoff seeding at the end of the year,
1. Miami(still think boston is better atm but you know celtics gonna have injuries throughout the regular season)
2. Orlando
3. Boston
4. Atlanta
5. Chicago
6. Milwaukee
7. Charlotte
8. New York

Lets see how accurate this is, come the end of the season :)

BEHR

Smash Hero
East

1.Orlando
2.Miami
3.Boston
4. Atlanta
5.Chicago
6. Milwaukee
7.Charlotte
8.Indiana

West
1.Lakers
2.Dallas
3.Houston
4.San Antonio
5.Denver
6.OKC
7.Portland
8.Utah

And I think either Lakers or Rockets from the west western finals.

Orlando or Miami win the western finals.

but im positive Miami wont win a championship next year.

Equi

Smash Ace
Does anyone else also get the feeling that Cleveland is going to do better than expected next year and somehow grab the 7 or 8 seed and face Miami in the first round? lol those games will be effing hilarious LeBron better have national guard around him.

edit: I agree with Behr's list except I think the Thunder are going to get a better seed next year. They were scary as hell against the Lakers in round 1 and I can see them getting top 4 seeds next season. And also Thunder/Heat will be the finals about 3-5 years from now after after Kobe ages and the Lakers fall apart.

Top Bottom