• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Least popular color change?

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
I come across the NES styled one the least. I think dark T Link is way overused, and I personally use blue.

Banditsofthesea

Smash Apprentice
Purple over here, see a hell of a lot of dark, a few reds (myself included XD), and a few blues. Very rarely do i see a purple...

Spidah

Smash Apprentice
TBH I use nes and black the most, I'm not ashamed to use black just because it's the most used, hell, I'm going to a tourney today and will pick black imo.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I use the Brown/Green one, the one in the crappy cartoon and says "Well, Excuuuuu(days later)uuuuuuuse me princess" I nickname him the "monkey", I don't like the dark one, its too weird IMO. The green and purple is okay, the red and blue I rarely use.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
hmm people dont see many classics. hmm i stopped using classic TL just because i saw so many of them. I started using blue just because i used blue for all of my other characters so why not.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Is the classic Toon Link the Brown/Green one? Because I'm pretty sure its from the Cartoon is where they got it.

Duckys

Smash Apprentice
The blue costume is the smex, I personally don't like the red or the dark, I guess the dark is ok but overused? I barely see and dark costumed toon links. I personally would use the dark costume but I don't like his eyes =/

l SOUP l

Smash Apprentice
The least I see are retro, and green. Almost everybody abuses the black, I rock the red ;).

penguinman

Smash Apprentice
purple is the least used and black is the most is the general thought. I guess that the purple isnt a very attractive sight.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Hmm...NES.
And I'm glad.
It's the one I use. ^_^

Baron von Evil

Smash Rookie
I use purple mostly myself, though occasionally the NES colours or Green. I don't see why so many people use the dark link one, because it's awful, his eyes are nasty and it's not the TL we know and love!

toktomo

Smash Cadet
The red is most sexy :D
agreed...if you use red toon link...its godly.

however the least popular color change has to be dark toon link *ewww*, but yeah, that's the color i hate the most!

LastDay

Smash Rookie
I use the dark one the most. Just my style.

Dunno what's the least used. I've only seen green and dark ones.

Maybe I'll try purple sometime 'cos it's one of my favorite colors.

Mittenkiss

Smash Cadet
I hardly see people using the Purple.
I use the Dark one... >.> Sometimes I use the classic looking one too when I feel like I'm not in the competitive mood.

synchroblst

Smash Rookie
I usually leave him at Green, and occasionally I remember my friend's mention of Purple Link using a bow, so I use purple every now and then. =)

What's the NES link I read so much about in this thread? o.o

Rayo1

Smash Cadet
i like using the nes link more than the other colors and the regular green one. I dont use the dark one only because almost everyone uses that color. Oh and to answer your question synchroblst its the toon link with the green tunic and brown sleeves we call it the nes link cuz those were the colors link wore in the nes games and their concept art.

past-tense-of-draw

Smash Rookie
Least: purple
Most: dark
Mine: NES colours

I would have liked to see the clothes that you start off in in Wind Waker (the blue shirt with the lobster in the front) as a colour change instead of the dark Toon Link.

stratele

Smash Apprentice
this is strange ive only odne about 50 online games. But i havent come up against ONE toon link. But I have on spectate matches.

I use the green/brown one. Because i figured the dark one with be overused, and I dont like the others apart from the brown one :laugh:

To be honest the toon link colours are kinda crummy

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I use purple... I see purple the least though.
Yeah. Purple is the only color I use, and Toon Link's my second main.

I don't see many....well....Toon Links. o_O Most of the ones I see are green.

Edit: to the guy that said the lobster shirt should be an option: YES!

and haha I just realized my sig fits ^^ if you don't know what it's from, search for "brawl taunts" on youtube

Top Bottom