• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Learn how to earn your wings! A pit video critique thread :)

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Good fights Tikun; the only big thing I noticed was that you used air dodge to recover after being sent flying. You recover a lot faster if you do an aerial and then fast fall after.

Afropony

Smash Lord

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
alrighty well this is jsut what ipicked up on, you throw out the bair a lot in your mid game which lowers its ko power a bit for later on which is why you had a little difficulty KOing, also if you met some more of his keys with more of your Uairs it probably woulda helped a little.

in your second match you didnt use the platform very well in teh beginning and thats why he was spanking you in the beginning, BUT towards the end you were kicking *** and taking names its just hard to beat someone when youre a whole stock behind.

3rd match i feel like you put yourself in disadvantageous positions to much, like you never wanna be on top of the platform with him underneath, and pit si a god of planking so i feel like you could have set up more situations for you to plank him. you seem to hesitate before chasing after you hit him with something that sends him far. at least get an arrow going after him and when he pulls the bucket pull the arrow away, that will at least hinder his recovery. and dont be so scared of his bucket, he has to catch three in order to actually hurts you and i think in your last match he didnt even get one, meaning you didnt spam then enough haha

oh and this dudes whole game plan is, damage up until the 100's then jsut throw out Dsmash and Fair as much as he can, i dunno if that can actually be stopped by anything in particular, jsut something i noticed

one more thing, youve got a pretty good pit there, i like how you rolled so your frames were overlapping then pulled out that Utilt, since its so fast its porbably the best move for that

Esca

Smash Champion
Your switching play-styles extremely too quick. You're not giving your opponent time to adapt so they keep following your same pattern. Like you'll camp hard for 5 seconds then RUN IN AND ATTACK FAST for 5 seconds, then you go back and arrow then RUN BACK IN.

You gotta switch intervals between every 30 seconds or so. Play campy for a bit, then change it up so they don't have time to adapt, but enough time to realize they must approach.

Pretty good overall though Arc. :)

Afro Boy2000

Smash Journeyman
Wow... A Pit player playing on Ally's level?!? Really impressive. I agree with Esca's comments though.

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Esca. I rewatched the two videos and you're right. That is something that I'll certainly be working on. The next MI tourney is on Oct. 3rd. I'll try to get some more videos recorded and let you all know how I do.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Please please please review.

From Joker's Monthlies, vs. Joker (Snake)

R1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGOpDj7aOUA

Counterpicked to Japes 'cause I wasn't sure, and I feel safe there. But as it turned out, I couldn't see his gernades, lol. Also ended up gliding into Utilit a lot... and generally got overwhelmed.

R2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLlV5plUXG8

Have more matches vs. MK, Peack and Falco but they're not up yet.

Please review them?

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
R1: I never saw you fair, nair, OR bair. You left yourself WAY too open.
It's extremely crucial that you learn to use all of his aerials. They're good moves.
and use more f-smash, its a great damge builder. Don't leave it out.

Your other faults here were gliding and sidestepping. Every time you got off stage, glide was your comeback, plus you kept trying to glide attack snake... that's a no-no. He punished you pretty badly with utilt almost every time.. Sidestepping also got you punished multiple times. It's not very smart to be in Snake's jab range.

R2: Again with the gliding. You should stop the habit, it's gettin you beat. Try to use it more as a surprise ~
I saw some more aerials here, but you still need to learn how to use them. (for example, fair should be retreating. You jumped in there begging to be punished with it)

One more thing, snake shouldn't be hitting you with missile. It's his worst move..

Hope I helped :)

Ayoub

Smash Ace
Silver, that 2nd vid, lol. you overreact your camping, and you don't use it very well. The first 45 seconds were arrows only and you got even more damage then the snake in the beginning. And lol at that fishthingy in the water taking your life, xD.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Yeah, wasn't sure how to handle the return spam. Normally fight Sonic a lot, and tend to 3stock him there. I managed to snipe a few of his gernades in his face, but I really couldn't see them on the background.

Still waiting for the friendlies to show up on youtube...

EDIT:

HERE WE GO.

This is against the same guy I fought in the vids a few pages back. It's from the same tourney as the two above, though just a friendly.

Died stupidly, and probably spammed Fsmash too much, but please give this one a look over too!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVS2-KDTF0Y&feature=channel_page

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
A major thing I noticed was that you should practice your aim, I saw a few times where you should've had a guaranteed arrow on MK but you ended up missing it. Also, don't use arrows when the opponent is right in front of you. If they're close, it's time for some aerials.

other things:
-sheild the tornado's.
-it wasn't smart to try and gimp MK, got yourself killed :<
-if you use WoI and you're under stage level, go under the stage. you got gimped because you tried to go back up

overall, you left yourself a little too open. Make pit look scary >:D

nice use of stutterstep fsmash combo at the end! :grin:

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
You need to know your options for when MK approaches as well as your offstage options. You got punished hard every time you engaged MK offstage, which ultimately ended with death all three stocks. Anticipate those shuttle loops and tornados offstage and MS him the other way. We are one of few characters who can gimp MK, so use that to your advantage. I also noticed that the MK just powershielded your arrows until he was close enough to punish you. You need to have a course of action for when he gets to you. Don't bait him into melee range without knowing what you'll be doing next. Overall, you just need to work on your speed and changing up your play style. Your arrow usage needs work too. Your arrowing is very predictable. try to keep your opponent guessing. Keep up the work. The more experience you get against better players, the better you'll get guaranteed.

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL1BiMpuqIE

am i any good with this character at all
Nice gimp second stock :D

I wouldn't say your bad, that's for sure. There are still a few things you need to work on. Here are a few things I noticed:

Arrow Control- Your arrow control was a little off, but then again that could have been because you were up against a Lucas. Show me another video with a different opponent and I might be able to elaborate.

DI- Watch your DI. You tend to Air Dodge when send flying rather than aerials and fast falling.

Speed- Pit is a quick little ****er. Work on the speed of your play style. SH aerials, quick arrows and movement, etc.

Keep up the work. It's nice seeing more Pits. Oh and... for the love of god look out for lava!

mobilisq

Smash Ace
im the guy who is stuck playing random because im apparently "too good" with my main. pretty much every time i get pit, though, i have a lot of fun with him, so thats why i brought this here. he may end up a secondary of sorts.

so first and foremost, get better opponents. then i'll see about uploading another vid or two :]

and that **** lava, man. i need to get used to the lag on pit's moves

mobilisq

Smash Ace
your 3rd vid is a duplicate

also, dont know if ive been here long enough for it to mean anything but, i'd suggest more arrows when you have your opponent in the air

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdRR0ckox1c

AWARE OF:

1. Too much rolling
2. Video cutting off: peach wins with bair OOS at the end after crippling my offensive game =/
3. blahhhhhh at 1:43

There are like 10 vids of dark.pch two-stocking me, this is among the better ones I got. I legitimately played better here, I figured it wouldn't do you a lot of good to see me lose that badly.

Coffee™

I need it....
If peach dairs your shield use Usmash OoS, and yeh, stop approaching so much. Shoot more arrows.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I Can just space a Dair on his shield to a Jab and he can't upsmash me. So no.

SFP- I just gonna give you the advice. The others can just teach you how to fight as Pit.

You just camp alot with Pit. And it was annoying, so you got this close. I tell you now though. If you do this to smart people whop just get through your camping like I was when I was playing it smart, you will get beat up for it. Thats why the other matches we had it was not that hard to Beat you. You need to learn how to fight. Cause once I get through your camping, you got nothing left and have no clue what to do.

When I get near you, you like to side step and roll alot to a smash attack or grab. Or just run run away and camp some more. The other vids I abused you for it. In tournament you play like this and you won't get far at all. You can't just rely on camping. You can do it but also learn how to fight when one gets close. I'll just go near you and do nothing, you get scared, then side step or roll and I punish. That is me toying with you.

I have more trouble with NinjaLinks Pit than yours and he beats me cause he knows how to fight. Ask the pits around here for the basics on Pit and how to fight with him.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
Oh my Jesus Christ, stop rolling!
but, you knew that. :)

Main issue here was that you approached. Never approach unless you see an opening in the opponent's defense. It's not smart to get close on Peach because she can rack up damage in a jiffy, especially on Pit because of his size. Just camp Peach, she'll figure out that she needs to approach to win. Camp her and try your hardest to find an opening to punish. Which means, stop being predictable! You kept approaching with the same things over and over, which adds to the "no approach" rule.

Oh, don't glide into Peach, she can beat it any way she wants.
Also, when you get Peach offstage, edgeguard like a mother. Which means use your arrows to the max and get out there and kill her, Pit's got like unlimited air time lol.

Coffee™

I need it....
I Can just space a Dair on his shield to a Jab and he can't upsmash me. So no.
If Pit holds shield while Peach dairs -> jabs he can punish it with Fsmash. Peach can mix it up but it's possible to punish Peach almost everytime she Dairs your shield, so keep it in mind. Everything else Drk said is pretty much spot on though.

aish

Smash Journeyman
Not really a crit just more of a comment on it hope that's ok xD but your pit looks sooo like, glitchy xD or stuttery except instead of words it's movement xD just looks so un-flowy haha lots of moving and then random stopping. Like dancing and you kinda pause in between moves~
See more of a comment because basically i'm saying it looks funny with the random pausing 8D
i liek watching dark pch vs ninjalinkpit 83 it's fun to me haha
actually i love ninjalinkpit just cause he's super fun to watch 8Dimo

aish

Smash Journeyman
Sooooo..don't blame me for my double post if i edit nobody will look D8! First time asking for feedback besides from just val in my almost 1 year of playinggg 8D
kirby 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMHo7lsBxKs
kirby 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZDKcA6ELJQ
kirby 3 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5zsdZBnilc
DDD : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xlw4QBwbiQ
Things I'm aware of : my fsmash spacing sucks, need to land better, not quite smart enough yet, work on shield, and that occasional shield to spot dodge needs to happen less. and workin on that jab to grab 8D

And uh..don't mind the arrow looping, i was just trying to accomplish kool things in friendlies D8 these were recorded about a month ago :3

Esca

Smash Champion
Yeah, Aish, you're doing WAYYY too many tricks with UP-b. Pit is a pretty simple character, you have to keep it simple. For mix-ups maaybe do something with up-b but other than that meh.

Also, UP-B doesn't escape d3's chaingrab. Pro d3's can cg you.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Here is a few of mine, finally.
I was playing quite slow, after work.
Singles.
Luigi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg6yxgnu97A&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II9t1sLzL-o&feature=related

ps. i Hate yoshi's island!

Team Matches: Fantastic classic, , these two actually practice team play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR24VEb0BV0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGKXwb4y7rs&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O-udo3bGZY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdnZISnHtAk&feature=related <<< LOL

He doesn't know how to play snake and would've been better if he did.
he so quick to blame me =_=

aish

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Esca :D I'll mix in the up b to catch them off guard instead. Does that mean you can't get out of D3's chain grab? D8

And it be nice if you gave some feedback to my vids first while posting up yours too Katana =[ give and get. It really looks in your vids -well the single matches that you roll away a lot of times from opportunities(you don't sometimes), most of it being able to grab your opponent. You shield an attack and then roll away a lot while instead you could have done a shield grab. Besides that I think you're too obvious with your attacks like they know you're trying to hit them, again if you mix in grabbing you can fool them to think you're going to pull out another attack but instead grab them out of their shield :3 And I don't think i've seen you use spot doge at ALL xD it's good that you're not overly using it but i think adding it into your game by replacing some rolls with spot dodges instead would benefit you

LaIotun

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Esca :D I'll mix in the up b to catch them off guard instead. Does that mean you can't get out of D3's chain grab? D8

And it be nice if you gave some feedback to my vids first while posting up yours too Katana =[ give and get. It really looks in your vids -well the single matches that you roll away a lot of times from opportunities(you don't sometimes), most of it being able to grab your opponent. You shield an attack and then roll away a lot while instead you could have done a shield grab. Besides that I think you're too obvious with your attacks like they know you're trying to hit them, again if you mix in grabbing you can fool them to think you're going to pull out another attack but instead grab them out of their shield :3 And I don't think i've seen you use spot doge at ALL xD it's good that you're not overly using it but i think adding it into your game by replacing some rolls with spot dodges instead would benefit you
Nope.
Pro d3's can cg you.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
You are right Aish, I never really spot dodge, or use much aerial evasion. I guess too me it was like a metaknight habit, spotdodge to d-smash and repeat. Meta is my worst character in the game so I never felt the benefits of spot-dodging.
That luigi, we played since melee. So he plays were he doesn't get shield grabbed. Notice he always retreats his 2nd aerial, if possible. Luigi's jabs and attacks seem to out prioritize pits alot so i keep my distance in this match. I also got stupid cocky got punished.

For yours Aish, you have a nice agro game. Like you rarely shoot arrows if they are on stage. But your arrow looping is so obvious. If you are going to loop and arrow, most likely the opposite direction, you shoot -> then you angle it up -^ then jump turn and attack <- fall -v retreat -> a nice loop and attack just in case. Other than that you are a fighter, just work on predicting you opponent more to improve your hit accuracy.

c0nspire

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm a previous sonic player but i felt like i hit a wall with him so i've moved onto pit who i was using as my alt, my friends feel that my pit if much better than my sonic so i am going to stick with this. My friends held a tournament the other day, I didn't compete but i played friendlies with a bunch of the guys who did. I havent started learning any AT's yet, im try to get a solid base down. The 3 matches i am posting are against a fox, a marth, and a yoshi (jake/firefly placed third)

I generally try to space with arrows, spot dodge and grab or down smash. or chase arrows and punish while they are stunned with hyphen smash or short hop followed with something.

Fox:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrIWYe9DA-M

Yoshi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B4BirPHJsE

Marth:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA-nzQvG5ik

Ayoub

Smash Ace
Hmm. I'm not good at giving critique. Anyway, you roll way too much. Your first opponent, that fox, does it too. You could easily win that match. Punish his rolls, and he approaches a lot with Usmash, he's very predictable. Look at how that yoshi punished your rolls with fullcharged smashes, you roll'd right in to it. Try to do that too VS other poeple. Don't roll so much, don't overuse your sheild (down-b) and try to edgehog more. Like that marth, you could easily take a stock after you arrow'd him a couple of times off stage. And try to use more aerials, you're using a lot of smashes, try to use spaced fairs and dairs more. And learn how to land a Bair well, and how to sheild recoverys against that Fox. Don't always approach with hyphen smash or dashattack, it's easy to predict and to sheildgrab. And don't overuse side-b either, it's not that good. Make them approach with arrows and stuff, mix up your game. (Lol, I fail at critique), someone else will critique better. This is all I can say.

Power09

Smash Rookie
Hey my fellow pit mainers, I'd like suggestions, advice, comments, anything about my pit to make it better ;)
\http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fT6zbdOSpo&feature=sub*Online match*
I know its a jigglypuff, but still I feel like I played pretty well this match so ya =\

P.s.Oh ya, hey Esca not sure if u remember who I am, but I was at Hobo 17(first one without meta) and u taught me stutter step fsmash :p
Anyway just wanted to say sup :o

Esca

Smash Champion
Oh yeah! Power!! NICE MAN. How you been? You going to this next HOBO?

Edit: Just fix your spacing problems, be less flashy, and do less spot-dodging and you'll be fine BTW.

Top Bottom