• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
So I found out the tourney host is using balanced brawl lol. :) Definitely not a serious tourney but fun anyways.

And Rizen, what is the image in the bottom right hand corner? It looks like a cloaking device or something.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^With the blue border? White Link with a smash ball on the windup of a warp star aka crash star.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
So I found out the tourney host is using balanced brawl lol. :) Definitely not a serious tourney but fun anyways.

And Rizen, what is the image in the bottom right hand corner? It looks like a cloaking device or something.
I honestly like balanced brawl more than Vbrawl.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
So, I got zome ztatz from ze tourney hozt.

So first let's get to the actual rankings. Remember, the #1 factor in your ranking is your number of wins. If you are tied on wins, we go next to kills-to-death ratio. If you're tied at both wins and kill-to-death ratio, we go to damage given-to-damage received ratio.

Code:
       Name      W-L
1  NinjaKnight   2-0
2  Splice        2-0
3  Lykos         2-0
4  P-cubed       2-0
5  Ben           2-0
6  Anonano       2-0
7  Marcman       2-0
8  Warrior oMF   1-1
9  Sweek         1-1
10 Gemini Spark  1-1
11 Kronos        1-1
12 Shifty        1-1
13 Golmek        1-1
14 LYNDONisHERE  1-1
15 PawnStar      1-1
16 Tock          1-1
17 Caysyka       1-1
18 Vivi          1-1
19 D.Expert      1-1
20 beotobur      1-1
21 Namboto       1-1
22 A.DeathPepper 0-2
23 PharaohsQueen 0-2
24 Sheikmaster27 0-2
25 Ashen         0-2
26 braydeck      0-2
27 GuitarShark   0-2
28 klynn         0-2
NinjaKnight is the early leaderboard favorite, winning both of his matches in convincing fashion. As we fight more matches, we'll see what happens though as we saw some real tough luck losses this week.

Code:
Damage Given-to-Damage Received
   Name          DG/DR
1  Anonano       2.29
2  Ben           1.93
3  Shifty        1.53
4  Marcman       1.52
5  NinjaKnight   1.17
6  A.DeathPepper 1.10
6  Splice        1.10
8  Sheikmaster27 1.08
9  Lykos         1.06
10 Sweek         1.05
Anonano's DG/DR last week was ridiculous. I'm going to have to bet that that's coming down (the record is owned by Office Elder (the old screen name of Petrivka Pirate) in the Fall 2006 Y Smash League, and that was at 1.578) along with those of Ben, Shifty, and Marcman. But I've been proven wrong before.

Code:
Damage per Second
   Name          DPS
1  Ben           3.55
2  Anonano       2.50
3  GuitarShark   2.35
4  Marcman       2.33
5  Sheikmaster27 2.24
6  Shifty        2.21
7  A.DeathPepper 2.08
8  Splice        2.06
9  Lykos         1.91
10 Sweek         1.85
Although the number is a bit high (record for DPS is at 2.23) this is where we expected to see Ben. He's garnered a reputation for being able to absolutely rake up the damage like you wouldn't believe. But there are a lot of names above 2.00 on this list. I'll be VERY interested to see if that keeps up.
These are only a few of the stats he posted (the ones that I did well in). I know its not a big deal as this isn't even an official tourney by a longshot and furthmore this is Balanced Brawl (although I don't think most of the participants were informed that we were playing a hacked version), but this is what I'm doin' with Smash. Let me know what you guys think.

Also, I didn't use Link at all this time. I used Wolf and Lucario instead. I intend to wait maybe one more week before breaking out Link to get a little more serious (and it'll be easier too since now Link is buffed lolbalancedbrawl).

As a side note, the top player is ranked as such because his kill/death ratio (counted second after number of wins in determining rank) is currently 4.5. Mine is 1.6.

Also, the stats are expected to lower significantly throughout the semester.

I'll try and post the weekly stat updates as they are given. If you guys are interested at all in my exploits in an unofficial, balanced brawl tourney, that is. xD

Anyways, as I said, let me know what you guys think.

EDIT: And Rizen I'm referring to the picture in the very bottom right hand corner, to the right of the warp star one.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Vanilla Brawl? Never heard of it.

Edit: ^It's Link's Dair as Fox's final Smash appears or disappears. You can see Fox's reflector by Link's feet.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I saw this back in July when it first came out, but it finally got posted on youtube, so here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o2SV6ynJYQ

The finishing combo was my favorite. :3
Vanilla Brawl = regular Brawl, Rizen.

Hey guys. I'm sure a lot of you have seen this already, but seeing as how a bunch of us over here have already learned the dance, I think I'll leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

HEEEEEEEEEEEY SEXY LADY!
I was sooo close to having an opinion on both those links.

Why not save 3 syllables of work and call it Brawl?

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Good stuff! Playing and singing is hard; I can't do it.
The first (and only) time I tried karaoke at a sushi bar the energy was too much. I literately was leaning against the wall to keep my balance. I wrecked the song too :'( .
I like individual persons but people in mass just suck the life out of me. *sigh*

Maybe I'll upload something.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Daaaang Scabe. You have an amazing voice. I can't sing whatsoever! I just sing in my truck when I'm driving. But even still I sing with the music playing so loud I can't hear myself sing. lol.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
So, in important news, Xat.com doesn't work using my college's wireless.
Your music video also will not play, Scabe.

How stupid is that? :(

Rizen

Smash Legend
LOL! Scabe's the ladies' man! ...and others.
'Beat SS Hero mode 100% clear. Fun but basically a carbon copy of the main game with only a few extras and harsher penalties.

Thunder dragon tip: Drink a Guardian potion+ right before talking to the TDragon and you'll start with 3 minutes of invulnerability. I use that for the Horde Battle.
Bamboo Cut tip: Drink a stamina potion or SP+ before talking to the guy who runs it and you can use a lot of spin attacks which have better range than normal strikes and can cut twice in 1 attack (still watch your stamina and use a few normal cuts). This is an easy way to get Goddess Plumes.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Board is dea--

Owut two people posted nvmd.

Anyways, unofficial tourney update: Currently ranked 2nd with a 4-0 record and am favored for 3rd overall out of 32.
Fun stuff.

Edit: Epic post count :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good work :).

Rizen

Smash Legend
For those who haven't heard:
http://wiiudaily.com/2012/09/wii-u-zelda-game-coming-2014/
"Many Zelda fans are hoping for a darker, Twilight Princes-like Zelda on the Wii U, but it looks like Nintendo is sticking to most recent Zelda art style, found in Skyward Sword.":urg:
but "I’ve seen a grown up Link who looks like a much higher detailed Link from Skyward Sword"..."Of course, it’ll be in full HD with much improved quality compared to what we saw on the Wii."
The detail and lighting (or lack of) were my big complaints about SS's style because TP came years earlier and looked so beautiful with the day/night cycles and Link's lantern etc but were absent in SS. I prefer TP's style but HD could really improve SS style's bad aspects.
Also:
"One of the dungeons is said to be an entire forest. “The first test dungeon they made was a giant forest running on early and buggy Wii U hardware — the dungeon was bigger than the Hyrule field in Ocarina, and the whole thing is one dungeon. You use the gamepad to navigate, avoid traps, follow clues etc. It’s dark, lush, with a ton of trees, foliage, some which you have to cut your way through. Its scope and details are unlike anything you’ve seen in a Zelda game” "
^Sweet:grin:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
So I got bored and decided to watch the final fight between Yami and Yugi. after 224 episodes, I'm amazed they still need to inform us of what pot of greed does. Along with take up half an episode with unneeded dialogue.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
So I got bored and decided to watch the final fight between Yami and Yugi. after 224 episodes, I'm amazed they still need to inform us of what pot of greed does. Along with take up half an episode with unneeded dialogue.
Dragon Ball Z was about a million episodes long. Dragon Ball Z abridged was like 30 10 minute episodes. This is why I don't watch anime :awesome:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I didn't mean to infer you'd let it die. It's just that most forums only get through 5 characters tops and few experienced players of any given character contribute to MU discussions anymore.
1"this enemy's more powerful than the last">2"we need to train">3"The odds are bad but we have to fight">4"(insert attack name here in all caps)!!!!!!!!!!">5Goku breaks his limit and beats the bad guy(s). Repeat steps 2 and 4 several times in the process. Repeat. -that's the series.

Anime animation style bugs me; it's cut corner for expressions and actions.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Rizen:

My point was more I hate how long and drawn out anime is. It takes a million years for anything to happen. That's why I just stick with football. And also Dr. Who (Sherlock isn't bad either from what I've seen). And Spongebob :awesome:

If we started up a new MU thread I'd try to contribute. Frankly, though, I'm in my last didactic year of pharmacy school and my free time is pretty much nonexistent so I can't promise anything, haha.

Rizen

Smash Legend
That's what I meant with the step thing. The style comment was my additional opinion. *shrug*
Spongbob's awesome :)

I'll help with the MU thread too. I have fought Link as several characters too and can give both sides of those MUs.
As long as we're talking about resurrecting threads, everyone please post Zelda/SSBs art etc in here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326707
Sigs and avatars would be nice to get from various Links. There's a lot of good stuff out there but nobody posts it :( . And I've been updating it with more of my stuff... ;)

Top Bottom