• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

quirkynature

Smash Ace
What weapon do you use?
To be honest, MH3 is my first MH game. I stuck with the SnS. It takes a long time (I'm talking LONG) to get the Great Jaggi beat down, but I've got mobility. And I can use items right after I attack without having to sheath my weapon, so it's faster in some ways.

The first time I did this, I killed it. The second time, too. The third time, I ran out of potions and just gave up. The fourth time, after about three hours of planning gameplay, accumulating and making traps and potions and everything, the Juggia kept getting in the way of the Tranq bombs. I'll read the guides you posted and follow them. Thanks!!

I really have no idea what the game is about, I've only ever seen one trailer and I was like meh, but since everyone likes this game, I really want to try it.

The game is like dual layered, I wonder if I can still play it on my USB loader.
It's not dual-layered. Dual would be 7.8 GB. The game is 4.6. It's a normal DVD.

You should definitely try it out. If nothing else, the graphics are epic for a Wii game. Besides, it's just fun hacking at monsters.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Monster Hunter Tri? Is that the game where when you cook meat it plays carousel music and you have to hit buttons to the beat or something? *Is clueless*

Ha, I've kinda fallen off the face of the video game earth. I really just play old games I have, usually classics. I can't remember the last time I went out and bought a new game, except for the DS. I got Pokemon SS and Bowser's Inside Story. The last game I bought for the Wii, actually, is Brawl I think, when it came out, hahaha!

Ryos4

Smash Lord
No surprise there. Most of the wii games are crap. Though i did enjoy the pikmin remake since i never played the original.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Monster Hunter Tri? Is that the game where when you cook meat it plays carousel music and you have to hit buttons to the beat or something? *Is clueless*
In the farm play with your pet pig (snuggle) music will play, when the '!' appears over the pig's head press the confirm button and the pig will make a big heart appear. The same timing applies to making a well done steak.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Sad news... My Link actually gave a G&W a harder time the Pit...

Pit barely won and Link had a semi easy win. I mean wtf lol.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Welcome and be sure to participate in some discussions. This is a pretty good community of Links here. Be it a little small atm.

Anyway hope to play you sometime.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Sad news... My Link actually gave a G&W a harder time the Pit...

Pit barely won and Link had a semi easy win. I mean wtf lol.
I want to say G&W MU is 60-40 G&W. Claw shot and bombs beat his high priority attacks and we out reach him;). Link also is harder to teck chase for some reason.
Hello everyone. X3

New Link main in town. I'll be rising to the top with lots ol' practice. X3
Welcome, if you have replays and/or wifi post on those threads and show us what you've got:bee:. There's an introduction thread too.

PS
Link takes a TON of practice, 7 or 8 months before you can effectively use him:ohwell:.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I like the confidence in Garuena, cool name by the way. :)

And I think Link takes about 3 years to get good. I'm just starting to understand how to use him. I'm feeling good about the way my Link's been playing lately. I got a whole bunch of friendlies against Zxv (Who is major ****) saved. So they'll probably get uploaded sometime next week.

BTW my internet speed is back.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Hello everyone. X3

New Link main in town. I'll be rising to the top with lots ol' practice. X3
Welcome to the Link Boards :chuckle:

I like the confidence in Garuena, cool name by the way. :)

And I think Link takes about 3 years to get good. I'm just starting to understand how to use him. I'm feeling good about the way my Link's been playing lately. I got a whole bunch of friendlies against Zxv (Who is major ****) saved. So they'll probably get uploaded sometime next week.

BTW my internet speed is back.
I don't have the dedication, time, or resources, haha. Slow internet and a nonexistant Smash scene in my area with no mode of transportation. Awesome.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
okay i got bored with no idea what to play on my DS and borrowed my sisters pokemon dungeon game. Odd game if you ask me. But anyway i swear this game hates me i restarted 3 times and got Piplup over and over. I hate that stupid penguin...

Anyway, i dont think I'll actually play it for long. I was thinking about busting out my PS2 again. I just recently beat psychonauts again. BTW best game for PS2 ever. Now I'm trying to decide what to play now. I got a bunch of Tales series games, FF games, and some others. I was thinking about Kingdom hearts 1 or 2 again after playing Days, or playing dragon quest 8 i think it was idk.

Any thoughts on what i should play?

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Hm. Well, being the Link boards, I think I'm obligated to say Zelda 64, hahaha!

I'm a big fan of the old classics. I don't really play many newer games. Mario 64 is a ton of fun, Mario Bros. 3 is great, Tales of Symphonia is one of my favorite RPGs, Final Fantasy 6 has an incredible storyline...

You could always download one of the old Megaman games. They're five bucks a pop, and they're great. I grew up on Megaman 2, 3, and 5. 9 and 10 are great too. If you're looking for a challenge, play 4; it's easily the hardest Megaman game out there.

If you have some friends over, Mario Kart 64 is always a great choice!

Ryos4

Smash Lord
If i was going to play a zelda game i would probably play wind waker or finish TP.

Also im not really up to buying anything on the wii system atm, just looking to play what i have already. Also idk where my 64 is.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Metroid Prime is a decent trilogy. You could bust one of those out, if you have 'em. House of the Dead: Ovekill is a classique arcade shooter.

If you want to stick to the PS2, you can't go wrong with God of War 2...

Ryos4

Smash Lord
i sorta beat the trilogy of metriod prime, well 1 2 and 3. The two Gcube ones are better then 3. Also I dont have either of those other games.

Hmm maybe ill just do some work on animation for a month till SC2 comes out. I probably should do another animation during the summer.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^'Metal Arms: Glitch in the System' is a truly under rated non-conventional shooter for GC. 'The Lost Vikings' for GBA and SNES is good. Both are actually challenging. Mega Man X or Zero collections, any Zelda...
PS2: FFVII or XII if you're willing to have your party's level be half the hours of gameplay time.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I can't play any FPS unless it has very precise controls; I have to play the old control scheme from like Goldeneye 64 (on Halo, it's Legacy Noninverted with the sensitivity bumped up to 6). It's so bad I can't play the Metroid Prime series; I keep running into walls or shooting past things because of the sensitivity. It makes sniping nigh impossible, but plasma grenades and shotguns in Halo are so much more effective :D Plasma grenades are like always my most used kill weapon in that game, hahaha.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Its funny how people are still suggesting different stuff then the choices i stated. lol.

Also i think Gears of War is the best shooter ive played. Be it 3rd PS. Soo much crazy dialogue, very good AI, fun weapons, great game mechanics, and overall ridiculous, make this game awesome. But no Xbox 360 so what are you going to do...

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Also i think Gears of War is the best shooter ive played. Be it 3rd PS. Soo much crazy dialogue, very good AI, fun weapons, great game mechanics, and overall ridiculous, make this game awesome. But no Xbox 360 so what are you going to do...
Overlord is a great game, too, for that hour to just laze away. The dialogue is sometimes funny and the 'powers' are just...funny. Throttle a minion and direct it and it runs that way and explodes. WTF lol?

KoTor FTW. F. T. W. Amazing RPG. Hellgate: London, too. Too bad Flagship Studios was dissolved...

(cheesy pun alert)
Hey Scabe and Fox, how's the weather down there?
Sorry, Rizen, but that one just flew over my head. Is it OK if I call you 'Rizen'?

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Hmm he might either be making fun of your height scabe or the fact that your an aussie. lol bet you knew that but thought i would put it out there.

Also IDK if you meant to be clever Quirky. But that was an interesting comeback.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Shoestring melancholy aristocracy palindrome.

You have twenty four hours to figure out the secret message. PM it to me when you have it.

Go.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Well he picked Fox and me because we both live in Australia.

Speaking of jokes, is there any good ones about Link?

What did link say when he found out shiek was zelda?
Hahhhhhh?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
You gotta learn the age old secret of skipping to a time in YouTube.

At the end of a vid type in #t=xxmxxs

So say at the end of that vid you can put in: #t=02m55s

Although I think the actual time for the Link joke was 2m33s

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Here's some terrible good jokes I found:

Q: What do you get with 200 Gorons in the same room?
A: An IQ of 50.

Ganon is so ugly, when he stuck his head out the window, he got arrested for mooning.

Link was on his way to slay Ganondorf, when Zelda asked, "Are you going to kill ganon with the Master Sword?" and Link says, "No, I'm gonna use my mirror shield to show how UGLY he is."

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Have you ever stopped to think where Link stores all of his gear? Heck, even in Brawl, Link just sorta reaches back to scratch his head and suddenly has a bomb in his hands.

My favorite is when Link puts the Iron Boots on his feet and sinks, then takes them off, puts them who knows where, and can then suddenly float. Or in Twilight Princess the big ol' ball and chain. Link can run no problem, but struggles to walk around when he's got that sucker in his arms.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Have you ever stopped to think where Link stores all of his gear? Heck, even in Brawl, Link just sorta reaches back to scratch his head and suddenly has a bomb in his hands.

My favorite is when Link puts the Iron Boots on his feet and sinks, then takes them off, puts them who knows where, and can then suddenly float. Or in Twilight Princess the big ol' ball and chain. Link can run no problem, but struggles to walk around when he's got that sucker in his arms.
I think the only pieces of equipment Link actually keeps on his person (excepting shield and sword) at all times in Brawl are his iron boots- a feature they should remove.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Yeah he should get his hover boots, it's those iron boots that make his recovery so bad :crying:

Also I forgot to mention, I'm the new moderator for the DK boards!

Top Bottom