• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
New Super Mario Bros. is amazing. I dunno what you're talking about Rizen. 'Course, it always made things more interesting when your one roommate was red-green colorblind and literally could not tell the difference between Mario and Luigi and the other was a Bowser main and would try to throw you into Bowser to kill you :awesome:

The Golden Sun series was really good, one of the best Game Boy RPGs. Dark Dawn was really good too; I was impressed with how good it was even a decade after the other two games.

Rizen

Smash Legend
New Super Mario Bros. is amazing. I dunno what you're talking about Rizen. 'Course, it always made things more interesting when your one roommate was red-green colorblind and literally could not tell the difference between Mario and Luigi and the other was a Bowser main and would try to throw you into Bowser to kill you :awesome:
Lol, yeah it sounds more fun with multiple people.
I didn't say it wasn't a good game. It's just that after beating Marios 1, 2, 3, World, NEW SMBs, and New SMBs Wii, most several times, the formula blends together and looses my interest:c. Sort of like Mario Galaxy vs Galaxy2; 2 was the better game but it didn't have the impact 1 had. The first time I played Galaxy 1 it blew my mind. 2 was awesome but it felt like more of the same.
On a similar tangent, what's with the lack of power-ups in later Marios? Mario 3 had the best power-ups, after that the games only had a few, some of which cloned previous ones:c. The 3D Tandooki suit can't fly or turn to stone (and stomp spiky enemies safely:smirk:). It closer to a worse version of Racoon Mario.

The next game should have all or almost all the previous power-ups that don't clone each other and you should be able to choose them before entering a level and once during the level, like in SMWorld.
Super mushroom, tiny mushroom, Mega mushroom, 1up mushroom, Fire flower, Ice Flower/Penguin suit, Hammer Bros suit, Boomerang bros suit, Shell suit, Frog suit, Raccoon Leaf/Tandooki suit/Cape/wing cap/red star, Propeller hat, Metal box, Invisible box (SM64), Bee Mario, Boo Mario, Rock Mario, Cloud suit, Star, Yoshis, shell surfing, Warp zones/whistles ...that's all I can think of. The levels could have several alternate routs and secret exits depending on how mario's powered up. Luigi, Peach and Toad should also be playable with different stats like in SMBs2.:bee:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Yeah, the whole point of New Mario Bros. Wii is the multiplayer. I can't imagine it being anywhere near as fun playing by yourself. Not even close.

Mario 3 is a classic that I still play for nostalgia's sake. I remember playing that with my parents when I was like 3. Galaxy 1 and 2 were both fun. I played 2 first though (SUPER LUIGI GALAXY 2 DA BESS). I was really disappointed with Mario 3D. Barely even 3D at all and it's pretty bland; just more of the same.

Rizen, that last paragraph just sounds like taking every Mario game ever and throwing it into the blender.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I've been going back and playing all these old games lately that I'd never gotten around to, like the first three zelda games to come out. (The first is really freaking hard only because finding where you're supposed to go is impossible, the second is really weird and the fighting system takes a bit of getting used to, the third is actually really good except that the bosses including the last boss are pretty free.) Anyway, I just finished golden sun 2, having played the first one ages ago and having completely forgotten about 2's existence, only to find out there is a 3, made in 2010. I am so out of the loop now. I used to stay on top of these things.
The first Zelda is hard because it's hard, did you play through the 2nd quest? If not, go back, it makes the game about 60% better. If you don't use a guide for anything other than finding the location of the dungeons, it's one of the most frustrating=rewarding games imo. I played that **** when I was like 5-whenever and I remember staying home from school for like a week straight playing hooky when I discovered the master quest.

As previously reported, I did beat* the 1st quest, without the sword, no rings, without dying, 1 red bottle bought the entire game. I made like 70% on the 2nd quest before I gave up because it's so hard to do with 1 bottle and no blue ring :) The first LOZ is like my favorite game ever.

Zelda 2 is fun, it's different but I don't like it much.

LTTP is probably the best game ever made in unbiased eyes, even though I like the first one the best. It's a lot easier than the earlier games, but a lot of that has to do with the games controls.

I recommend DX and Oracle of Ages and Seasons. I never played Minish Cap, but I should.

Ah, the memories. Back in the good old days when videogames were actually challenging. To be fair a few new games are challenging. A large part of why I like smashbros is it challenges me. DK Country Returns had that old-school challenge element. The majority of games feel like 'been there, done that' unfortunately. Like the new super mario bros for example. But the wii has several ways to keep things fresh and the wiiU looks promising.
Mega Man 9 was the most been there done that game ever and it was the best game ever made in my biased eyes. Mega Man 10 was just gravy until I got the hard mode...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish they would just make another LTTP/Yoshis Island or Mario 2USA game that's done like Mega Man 9 style instead of Sonic 4 style. With a hard mode.

*Can't actually beat ganon with no sword.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I recommend DX and Oracle of Ages and Seasons. I never played Minish Cap, but I should.
I actually did play the DX version. Does that still count as playing the third zelda XD? (omg, how good is the music on tal tal heights)
Ok, seasons and ages? Now you're talking. They are my games right there. These were basically my favourite zelda games as a kid. I must have finished them 100 times or something. They pretty much took everything I like about awakening and made it better, with the exception of replacing the Pegasus boots with the stupid seeds, which in itself was alright because it made the roc's cape imba. Minish cap was actually an alright game. It really depends on what you think of the whole kinstone system, but at least they brought back my boots. love the boots. You play four swords adventures with me, you'd better know that the boots are mine XD.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Rizen, that last paragraph just sounds like taking every Mario game ever and throwing it into the blender.
Every powerUp:awesome:. I think the versatility that many powerUps would add sounds fun. The hammerBros suit ONLY appeared in SMBs3 ; that was the coolest powerup ever. The ultimate Parana plant killer.
...I forgot spring mario.
omg, how good is the music on tal tal heights)
:joyful:

The few things I didn't like about Oracle of Ages/Seasons were the plot was kind of cheesy, the 8 Essences of Time/Nature are a random busywork goal, and I hated the dancing minigames. Aside from that OoA/OoS are solid Zeldas.

Edit:Huggles keeps posting a minute before me *shrug*

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
OK. Nah, I don't know him. In general SC is a barren wasteland for Smash. The only other Brawl player I know from SC is Ryanarius. ESAM's here but he doesn't count since he's originally from Florida :awesome:

Rizen

Smash Legend
/more activity

Tell me once the most dedicated character players around,
why do I stand in a ghost town?
Unraveling threads and splintered boards I see,
No one could beat us down- we'd climb back off the ground.
We'd fight MKs, Falcos and Dedede.
But time comes around and this time I've found,
The hero of time in a ghost town.
Once the forums bustled like a day in castle town
but with time came the night, the Link mains took flight.
As if a curtain of twilight fell leaving
the hero of time in a ghost town.

~Rizen

Rizen

Smash Legend
What did Zelda tell Link when the door got stuck?
"I will use my wisdom powers to find a solution. It MUST be one of these; did you:
defeat all the monsters?
light the torches?
push a block onto a floor switch?
shoot an eye or ceiling switch with an arrow?
search for all the keys?
play a song?

...No? Oh here's the problem; do what the sign on the door says and 'push'."

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Hey man, I got that from Nintendo Power in like 89/90. Can't hate on campy humor like that.

Triforce, TRY FORCE, LOOOOOOOOOOOL.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I think so I cancelled our subscription after the NES died. Last issue I got was the MK3 one with Cyrax on the cover. I had a genesis/playstation before I owned a SNES so it didn't even make sense to have a subscription that long. Actually I got an SNES and my brother got a 64 for the same Christmas.

Mega Man X and LTTP were the only two games I owned for a while, and they are both top 3/4 for the system. Though Mario All-Stars+World is probably the best game, can't argue with that, but it doesn't count.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I got the SNES that came with Mario All-Stars + World for my birthday when I was 11 I think. Definitely a great game. Megaman X 1-3 are all great (I think we've had this discussion before... hmmm....). Never owned LTTP but we borrowed it from friends. I own it on Virtual Console now though. Final Fantasy 3 and Chrono Trigger were both amazing. Can't forget Super Mario RPG and Super Metroid, or the Donkey Kong series (2 was my favorite). King of Dragons and TMNT 4 were amazing multiplayer games :awesome:

Mid 90s with the SNES and N64 = golden age of gaming, haha.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I mean, yeah, it has a lot of fun games, but when you think of the best games of the era, outside of a few fun quirks in multiplayer, ps1 destroys n64 in every facet, aka genre.

/loves saying zelda games are bad on link forums.

But seriously, even if you say OOT/MM are just unforgivably godly, we'll just say that, other than Mario Tennis, the PS1 has a better EVERY game

Joke Racer-CTR >MarioKart64
Actual racers-It's a joke. (Saturn beats you too)
Fighters-You name it (Saturn beats you too)
RPGs-lolol Quest 64 (Saturn beats you too)
Platformers-Mega Man X4 (Castlevania Symphony of the night) > Banjo Kazooie (Saturn beats you too)
Sports games on PS1 > Sports games on N64 (tbh I didn't play any sports games on the saturn)
Action Sports games on PS1 > Action Sports games on N64 (ditto)
Puzzle games-Intellegent cubte > Pokemon Puzzle league*
Simulation-FFT/TO/hoshigami/frontmission/etc > you get the point (Saturn beats you too)
FPS-Quake 2 > Goldeneye

*Coin toss.

Like, a lot of the games on the system are fun, but when it comes down to like a top 100 list, I don't ever want to see any N64 games on it unless this thing has been researched and people have actually played the games on the other systems.

I was lucky to work at a video game store and have a rich friend who would get the best games asap and he'd let me borrow them before he played them because he would get like 10 games for christmas, like wtf.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
........................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

Rizen

Smash Legend
That actually is pretty funny.
BTW, what's that picture you made a few posts back^? It looks sort of like a head or potato.

Rizen

Smash Legend
We need more activity.

I get nervous under pressure and play worse :( . I can beat people in friendlies and lose to them on the ladder; it's something I need to get over.
In case I forgot to complain about pocket MKs here: MKs ruin the CPing system. MK does well vs every character on every stage at worst! He completely wrecks CPs like Brin, Delfino and RC. It's irritating that if I'm beating their mains an opponent can pull out MK and spam upB:mad:. Although it does backfire sometimes.

Lag destroys Link unless the connection's good (the 2nd had bad button lag).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnpUYwoqxM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2RBmQWbK2g

escro

Smash Ace
MK's are banned now though :p

so recently i got bored/tired of link always being so bad so i switched my main (link) with my secondary (wolf). for some reason i get the feeling that ive accomplished more with wolf in a week than i could have with link in a month.

do you guys ever feel like giving up link for a better/easier character?
what keeps you motivated to keep maining him?

Top Bottom