• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Try the feraligatr alligator, it's delicious, it really does taste like chicken. :9

Fried kingler crab claws is a favorite or even stuffed.

And dat boiled crawdawnt crawfish.

Ohh, and I do enjoy fired wiscash catfish from time to time.

Though I really don't like cloyster oyster of any kind.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Scientifically chicken has very little taste on its own, and many other meats have similarly little taste. Their flavor is heavily influenced by the way they are cooked, condiments they are cooked with, etc. This is a lot of different meats seem to taste like chicken.

OH NO the technical jargon and meaningless factoids

I should work for a tabloid, all I have to do is convert this behavior to focusing on people instead of facts

Rizen

Smash Legend
Sorry I don't have P:M.

Now I'm hungry.

I had crayfish that I caught for pets at some point. I actually had a rare blue one named Sunspot. Another was Baby <3. They would fight unless each one had its little home so I put lots of broken pots in the tank. One actually climbed out the aerator cord and walked down the hall, lol.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
In case you guys don't know. Metaknight is now in P:M. I'm not sure what I think about this... I feel like there might be room for that argument "Oh, we balanced Metaknight, don't get us wrong, but he's still fundamentally the best character in the game." Either way, you know he's still going to be top tier. like top 3. :/

Link also got some changed too, no more long range boomerang harassment, Link is now a mid ranged fighter. We get faster throws with the rang and we only get return lag if we are idle, like in 64. I'm sort of ok with this, sort of not. My playstyle requires me to play mid range, but in 64, it was nice to have that range the rang an bombs provided. Though the fact that the rang no longer has return lag while not idle is a huge improvement. Plus any Link player in their right mind wouldn't be caught dead being idle. So mid range badass is what I'm thinking right now. Now if they would only let Link use an infinite amount of bombs. Three is nice but getting up to 6 or 7 out like in 64 would be better.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
I'm not too scared of MK in P:M so far. His recovery was heavily nerfed and he can't' spam attacks anymore like in Brawl. He's just far slower, period. Just my speculation based on fooling around with him for a few minutes, but I'm guessing he'll be mid-tier at best.

Link's new boomerang grants him a much better combo game. There are so many follow-ups after a successful hit that sets your opponent up for good punishments. He's by far the best incarnation of Link in any Smash game.

On a side note... WHY AM I ALWAYS BETTER WITH A DIFFERENT CHARACTER OTHER THAN LINK?!?! Was hoping I would main him in Brawl, but it was too much of a nightmare for me with all of the -3 matchups. In P:M, somehow I discovered I'm far better with Zelda than him. This is a sign of the Smash gods that Smash 4 will be my last hope to main Link...

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Maybe Link just isn't your character. There are some people who are just more naturally gifted with other characters. My friend Zigsta was telling me that he dropped PT because he found he was a naturally more gifted Bowser player. I don't blame him. You gotta go with what feels right for you. It's the same reason why I dropped PT for TL. I'm just more comfortable with Link/TL than PT, he and his playstyle come more naturally to me.

Rizen

Smash Legend
People think every time they buff Link they have to nerf him in some way. That's why Brawl Link sucks :facepalm:. I do admit that opponents close in fast and a quicker midrange game is a good trade. Taking Link's distance games still sucks; he is one of the best far range fighters.
On a side note... WHY AM I ALWAYS BETTER WITH A DIFFERENT CHARACTER OTHER THAN LINK?!?!
Is this a trick question?

:link2:
-3: :dedede::falco: :metaknight::olimar:
-2: :diddy::dk2::fox::popo::ike::kirby2::lucario: :marth: :peach::pikachu2::pit::pt::sheik: :snake::sonic::toonlink::wario::wolf::yoshi2::zerosuitsamus:
-1: :gw::lucas::luigi2: :mario2: :ness2: :rob::samus2:
0: :bowser2::falcon::jigglypuff:
1: :ganondorf: :zelda:

What Bomber said.
I'm terrible with some characters like Pika and Oli despite them being some of the best. ROB I played recently with no training and 3 stocked the opponent. :ohwell:

Heero Yuy

#sweg
I think you guys didn't see that I really wasn't being serious. Heck, I don't even know why you showed me the MU chart.

Anyhow, you and I are one the same boat, Rizen. I 4-stocked my friend's Fox yesterday with Zelda, and I just picked her up yesterday. :-/ Do you keep ROB as a secondary, by any chance?

Rizen

Smash Legend
I was adding to the joke that of course you had an easier time with other characters; Link has tons of bad MUs.

^No I never use ROB, lol. The opponent was bad to be fair.
Zelda can be hard to fight if you don't know the MU. She was 17 places higher on the tier list until 'people learned how to play the game'. Or so I hear, I didn't use Zelda at the time.
Go with what, or rather who, works for you. If you like Zelda you should go to the Zelda forums and learn her. I did ;)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Okay, now I'm feeling better about losing to the Zelda player here in Utah. What're the basics of fighting her?

On second thought, I probably don't need it because I've deliberately been using all my chars BUT Link against the guy, and I want to see what I can't do with him first.

Last time I played him I went Lucario and killed myself twice throwing my AS into his reflector, and I knew the reflector was coming too. :s

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Thanks Rizen. :)

My biggest problem with going with Zelda is now that I'm gonna be maining the three main girls on Nintendo: Peach in Melee, Samus in Brawl, and Zelda in PM. It seems veeeeery awkward.

Personally, Ano, I really think the Zelda Brawl MU for Link is roughly even, maybe slightly in the princess' favor. Can't really say why since I haven't played in a while, but a lot of Zeldas gave my Link trouble.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Well if you're worried about your masculinity also pick up C Falcon or Ganon. /JK

Okay, now I'm feeling better about losing to the Zelda player here in Utah. What're the basics of fighting her?

On second thought, I probably don't need it because I've deliberately been using all my chars BUT Link against the guy, and I want to see what I can't do with him first.

Last time I played him I went Lucario and killed myself twice throwing my AS into his reflector, and I knew the reflector was coming too. :s
For Link fighting her means anything up close she wins but if you can keep her at tip of attacks spacing or farther she's terrible at approaching. Link has better reach and out camps so big CP stages like PS1 are great.
Zelda has annoying close options vs a slow character like Link: she can OoS Bair for a nasty side launch, Usmash and Dtilt>Dsmash from 50%-100%ish. Be ready to whiplash her frame 3 dsmash. Always cover landings with bombs because she's great at punishing dodges.

Try to stay the the side and play keep away. Otherwise she has a solid advantage. Zelda might cover her landings with Nayrus but that can be shielded. She has setups like Nair landing canceling>whatever that throws you short distances depending on when it's canceled. Her Dthrow can lead to Bair or Usmash. Usmash hits through low platforms.

Ugh, she can get an annoying boost on wifi and actually match Link's camping (salt).

Edit:
Awesome :) world record for dominoes falling in a spiral.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QtdPfz_faM

Heero Yuy

#sweg
^Well if you're worried about your masculinity also pick up C Falcon or Ganon. /JK
You made my evening. Thank you.

Went to my first offline tournament today and got last place. Why do my vacations to awesome places have to eat up my Smash potential? Welp...So much catching up to do.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Guys, guys, guys. Enough with the Berlin Walls of text.

Waffles.

Every time I see walls of text, you will just get waffles.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
On a side note... WHY AM I ALWAYS BETTER WITH A DIFFERENT CHARACTER OTHER THAN LINK?!?!
Wario is far and away my most natural fit for a character. That doesn't stop me from using Link. Link's too much of a badass to NOT play as :awesome:

^Well if you're worried about your masculinity also pick up C Falcon or Ganon.
Real men play as Pretty Pink Falcon and OldManondorf in particular.

And also Nurse Peach :3

Rizen

Smash Legend
TL hating was an AiB thing. There are several Links who use TL too like Bomber, ALSM and Foxy.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
DS4's Link is cool and doesn't afraid of anything.

Even ledges.
Also, even after we talked about it IRL I'm still iffy about all the tags he goes by lol

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hey woah, if there's gonna be waffles and waitress flirting with zairs at the end of the night, you gotta bring me! Help a bro out?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Am curious to why you fellas chose Link over TL, despite the latter being the overall better character.
In this order:
1 I like Link's play-style and have since SSB64.
2 TL looks stupid; he has a watermelon shaped head. I could never accept the toon branch of Zelda games. I like more realistic styles.
3 I don't like floaty characters.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
He's more powerful, focus on midrange zoning rather than long range spamming. He's a clutch character with few enough true follow-ups, so I love the thrill of purely outplaying my opponent mind-to-mind. Moves that he makes need to count, so I can always be on the edge of my seat and fully engrossed in the game. Toon Link's design is something I've always disliked as well. Link also has extremely little representation, so I want to rep him. By switching characters I lose an edge of the always being the MU that people don't know, too, as my secondaries are all mid/high tier.

I'm amused that you find them similar enough to say that TL is just a better version of Link. Wolf to me is a "better version of Link," with a game focused more on patient but fast-paced keepaway and zoning aiming towards strong and quick finishes rather than contentedly timing out opponents with spam. They look the same, their moves look the same, but their builds are ultimately different enough to lend to different focuses in gameplay. So the playstyle difference is big enough to me that I'd have chosen Wolf over TL as a main if Link hadn't been in Brawl.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
He's more powerful, focus on midrange zoning rather than long range spamming. He's a clutch character with few enough true follow-ups, so I love the thrill of purely outplaying my opponent mind-to-mind. Moves that he makes need to count, so I can always be on the edge of my seat and fully engrossed in the game. Toon Link's design is something I've always disliked as well. Link also has extremely little representation, so I want to rep him. By switching characters I lose an edge of the always being the MU that people don't know, too, as my secondaries are all mid/high tier.

I'm amused that you find them similar enough to say that TL is just a better version of Link. Wolf to me is a "better version of Link," with a game focused more on patient but fast-paced keepaway and zoning aiming towards strong and quick finishes rather than contentedly timing out opponents with spam. They look the same, their moves look the same, but their builds are ultimately different enough to lend to different focuses in gameplay. So the playstyle difference is big enough to me that I'd have chosen Wolf over TL as a main if Link hadn't been in Brawl.
^ waffles.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Top Bottom