• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm feeling you, Heero; took a short break from Brawl, then competed in a club Smash64 tournament with Melee on the side; then played P:M for three hours today with friends, and after playing the other Link incarnations it is appalling how optionless Brawl Link is. I might drop Brawl for a little while myself to reinvigorate my Melee Link.

Rizen won't mind, since he thinks my Link is horribad.
^you have a good Link. Sometimes you choke but so does everybody. When I'm depressed I can NOT play to save my life lol. I'm taking a break so my thumb doesn't become hamburger lol.
About the creator thing, I could say my parents created me (all men are created equal). It also uses men as mankind but could be considered to exclude women until recently because they couldn't vote (up until August 26, 1920 with the 19th amendment).
Similarly 'god' means many things; ask a Hindu and a Christian or even 2 Christians and the answer will vary. Just because the country was founded on religious freedom it doesn't mean the founders had to give up their beliefs in the process. I could open a make your own pizza any way you want it restaurant and let people add peppers on their pizza but never add them on mine (I HATE green peppers :hulk:).

The people really aren't bad or to blame too much. The song '16 Tons' refers to when miners exchanged pay for supplies at the (mining) company store but got deeper in debt to make ends meet and had to work at the mine more in a bad cycle "St.Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go: I owe my soul to the company store" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SfYyvhuySk . Well there's still Walmart and other things :/.

It's complicated. Frankly I blame greedy CEOs (why are we dependent on oil? Behind most countries in healthcare? etc), banks, the media (for keeping people stupid) and the congressmen they sponsor; aka the 1% that the 99% is against. Anyone watch 'South Park'? There's one where Cartman says the 99% are ganging up on him- Cartman is THE quintessential 1%: someone who is a sociopath and expects everyone else to pay for his excess. It's not really about money or REP vs DEM at the core problem so much as that. The R.E.M song 'Ignorland' has a line "these b******s stole their power from victims of the 'us v them years' " that's dead on. People need to stop being divided by posers.

Also our governing system runs incredibly fu- ... bad. It doesn't work very well. Just yesterday I ranted to 'dancing Bairs' (inside joke) about student loans doubling http://smashboards.com/threads/wofl-q-a-social-happy-holidays-3.272870/page-466#post-15647383 . The answer as I see it is support the people as directly as possible (NO BAILOUTS TO COMPANIES WHO @$&^ed US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) It's not about political sides with the 99%. Sadly sociopaths and posers seem to come into power frequently in history and people follow them because scapegoating, blaming, wishful thinking and intentional ignorance. :facepalm:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
It's not about political sides with the 99%. Sadly sociopaths and posers seem to come into power frequently in history and people follow them because scapegoating, blaming, wishful thinking and intentional ignorance. :facepalm:
Just look at Napoleon. He was short, but for some reason people supported him anyway. Sociopaths, guys.

Also, Napoleon Dynamite. Why is that movie popular? The 1%. It is a conspiracy

Hope all your fireworks were good, we had an awesome cul-de-sac party :D :D :D

Rizen

Smash Legend
Lol, I never understood Nepolean Dynamite.

The fireworks were great and I got good pictures too :awesome:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Napoleon Dynamite is amazing.
It's because you're from Utah, country bums like you would love it

I've tried to convince myself it wasn't as bad as I remembered, but every time I've ever tried to rewatch it to console my feelings I've had to turn off the DVD player within 15 minutes of starting the movie
I couldn't even hit the eject button on the DVD player, I didn't want to sully myself by touching the actual DVD itself any more than I already had by watching it.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im actually from Alaska, I moved to Utah during Middle School.

And I love it because it has so much stupid humor loool.

Rizen

Smash Legend
It was okay but mediocre imo :/
I finally sorted some of my photos:

(my mom tells me to be careful when taking some of these; yeah like I'm going to walk off a 200ft drop onto sharp rocks :rolleyes:) Photos don't do the steepness and elevation justice.

Sunset from literally one of the highest places on the continent. Higher than trees grow.

Elk!

And 4th of July Fireworks!

Enjoy!

Heero Yuy

#sweg
I loved Napoleon Dynamite when I first saw it, but rewatching it I just...

It's really one of those movies which are golden the first time but begin to rust rapidly after a while.

P.S. I presented to Vinnie my own list of best Links out there. Look any better?

1. Scizor
1./2. LordXav1er
3. Legan
4. Rizen
5. Huggles

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Link Mains,

THE BLUBBA PINECONE OF NORTH DAKOTA IS IN MY BASEMENT ATTENDING MY TOURNAMENT, WILL RECORD VIDS HOPEFULLY.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Blubba's still active :awesome: ? I haven't talked to him in a long time. He invented footstool bombing iirc.

@Heero yes :smirk:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Nevermind, nothing to see here people, I didn't post anything at all

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Today I just posted a long and boring, but a very intelligent and sympathetic comment on Mew2King's Facebook status since he was feeling bad about pre-Evo...

Talking to top pro Smashers whom you really look up to = awkwardness at its finest.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Scizor is pretty good. But I feel he got most popular when he took a game off DEHF in a friendly.

It's great to hear Blubba is still attending. .. I miss talking to him myself.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
I guarantee that anybody with a pretty high amount of skill with whatever character, including you X, could take off a match off of DEHF if you played him in a few friendlies. That's impressive of Scizor, but I'm pretty sure it's a feat any good Link is capable of.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Everyone loses games now and then, even top players of high tiers lol.
IMO the best way to judge is based on an ongoing record vs good people and tourney results. Link sucks for tourneys being a low tier so he doesn't get much exposure compared to higher characters :[ . Lots of good games and wins vs good people works imo :smirk: (because I can't travel, don't have much money and my local seen is almost dead :urg:)

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Yeah if you watch it carefully it may have been first time DEHF played a legit Link. Game 2 Larry adapted very quickly.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Scizor does go to tourneys in a hard area, CA. Same with ALSM in TX and of course X you're RI on the East Coast. That's quite an accomplishment.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I got to meet ALSM at Summercon. He's a pretty nice guy. I really wanted to see him play Link though, instead of MK. :(

Heero Yuy

#sweg
I just love watching baby chicks follow their mommy hens. :)
...Though I won't deny that I wanted to swing my sword at them to see if a huge flock of them suddenly attacked me until all my hearts ran out.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I made that a sport. Dodge Cucco. Though eventually no one would get hit and the sport was forced to be retired forever. To think it was created on my bored days of playing Oracle of seasons. I'd go in that tiny house and let 'em fly. Took a few pegasus seeds to get me used to things, then I could just walk around them on my own. Good times.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Shoot, I hate using epona. Even in Majora's mask, the only way to get around was rolling out like a boss. I'd rather walk or run with the use of pegasus seeds. Horses are useless and overrated.

Rizen

Smash Legend

Bomber7

Smash Hero
So I'm sure you guys have heard. Nintendo is prohibiting the streaming of Melee at EVO. I find that pretty crummy seeing that Melee has an incredible story of how it got there. It raised thousands of dollars in that charity contest. It may not mean much to some of you guys, but unless Melee is streamed or I'm convinced by Nintendo what they are doing is just, I'm not going to support Nintendo by buying their games anymore, or at least not Smash 4.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
I'm not going to support Nintendo by buying their games anymore, or at least not Smash 4.
That's completely, COMPLETELY, the wrong way to approach this. Already 90% of the Smash Community is raging with the exact complaint. Not to mention people are already sending threatening e-mails to Nintendo out of sheer rage of that. Even if all else fails, is our revenge for pirating every future Nintendo installment gonna hurt them that badly? (Seeing as though 60% of gaming consumers are Nintendo, anyway?)

It's really not too late to rally every man, boy, and Hylian to hashtag spam or even better, petition, Nintendo to push Melee for a stream. It's one last effort, so stay optimistic.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
There's a greater chance I won't buy Smash 4. Besides, why should I buy a game from a company that slaps their own fans in the face like this. I sent them an email myself asking for an explanation. You went a little overboard with the whole pirating thing. I'd rather just not buy the game to show my displeasure with them. Pirating or not, Nintendo did it to themselves by disrespecting their fans like that. I find it a huge insult seeing that the Melee community earned their spot in EVO by raising thousands of dollars for cancer research. Such good publicity should be rewarded right? Well, Nintendo doesn't want that good deed go unpunished. Nintendo will need to come out with a jut reason why they did this or I'm not changing my mind, and they will not get money from me for smash 4. Plain and simple.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
https://www.change.org/petitions/ni...smash-bros-melee-to-be-streamed-at-evo-2013-2

^ Just sign that and we'll see what happens.

I suppose I can agree that until they give us a reason to why they're prohibiting it, then it's okay to feel upset but I don't agree to the point where we don't buy their products in the future. I don't like this anymore than you do, but the fact so many of us are threatening Nintendo with the not buying Smash 4 BS only ruins our image even more.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm seeing on facebook that a couple people are saying this was all a stunt so EVO could get free publicity from all the major gaming sites. Nonetheless, Melee back on stream, whoo!

Top Bottom