• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Sorry it didn't go in your favor, Ano. Pure Link sounds like a fine idea!

First time on this thread after a little while, and I gotta agree w/ FB's post from a week ago about a lot of other characters being much easier/better to use than Link. Heck, had he not been Link, I wouldn't even use him in the first place.

Anyhow, I hope my match with Rizen this week hopefully inspires me to improve my half-decent Link a little more.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Sorry it didn't go in your favor, Ano. Pure Link sounds like a fine idea!
I got 17th out of 44 and 5th out of 15. I'm definitely not disappointed. I do know that I've improved a lot in just the past couple of months and so I'm just setting my expectations higher.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good work Ano! :)

Does AiB still crash a lot? That put me off to their ladders; losing points from not playing because AiB's down sucked :facepalm:

Edit, one thing I learned from previous ladders is NEVER play in a bad mood. My game just goes to hell. Fortunately I know when to quit now, lol.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Gah today's one of those days where I just hate this game and don't even wanna play. My Link got 3-stocked by a Kirby, and I didn't even do 50% damage to it. Even by using ZSS, he narrowly beat me with one stock.

I'm failing at a lot of MU's these days (the only successful one I'm at is Marth so far). Part of the reason why I haven't been using Link much, but I really, REALLY hope that changes once I start using him again.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Today's one of those days where I just love this game and am really excited to play. My Link didn't get 3-stocked by a Snake, and I didn't even get 3-0'ed in a set. Even by using Link :bee:

I'm learning a lot of MU's [sic] these days (the only failure MU I'm at is Fox so far). Part of the reason I've been using Link so much, but I really, REALLY hope I keep progressing as I keep using him. :D

Be an optimist Heero. Experience conquers all.

Got 2nd of 5 in teams in a club tourney today and 2nd of 10 in singles. :D I went Cario versus a couple of players I knew I could beat to hone him a little bit but went Link all the rest. Some of them are getting really good ~<3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFdpeWt7NEY#t=03m50s

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I had a good day. I almost 2 stocked an Ike and Samus.
In other news, Ike and Toon Link are now my secondaries.

Oh, and I still cant play against Diddy and Wolf.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good work Ano!
Gah today's one of those days where I just hate this game and don't even wanna play. My Link got 3-stocked by a Kirby, and I didn't even do 50% damage to it. Even by using ZSS, he narrowly beat me with one stock.

I'm failing at a lot of MU's these days (the only successful one I'm at is Marth so far). Part of the reason why I haven't been using Link much, but I really, REALLY hope that changes once I start using him again.
Kirby is one tough marshmallow! IMO it's possibly a -3 MU, especially on wifi.

My cousin graduated (no negative comments please). I advanced to 1208 ladder points winning 10 of 15 games so far so I'm having a good day.
Most of my losses were terrible connections. I hate lag abuse Snakes who spam tilts and Nair/Dair :mad:. I'm trying to use the CP system and use the best character for the stage/MU but Link's my best if the lag's decent. 75% of my games were with Link including all Link vs a Falco :cool:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
You guys are the best :D
I don't even know how you found out... >.>
Edit: I guess AiB? lol

This is what my sister made for me for my birthday:

Probably the best present I've gotten, ever.
Hope you can see these images, let me know if you can't.

If you haven't checked out the new matches I posted in the video thread: You should. I think they're a pretty decent exhibition of the playstyle I'm going for right now.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Happy B-day Anonano.

Edit: I see what your images are telling me. It's quite clear. Cake really is a lie. cuzicantseethem

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Happy birthday Ano!
Since I can't see the images, I'll leave this here:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Z'z, why are you so awesome?

EDIT: Just got a Wii U, you guys should add me as friends. The profile name is Anonano :D

Rizen

Smash Legend
^^Cute :)

Ugh, I remember why I hated the ladder again: dark red connections. Link can't do anything. I got 2 stocked by a ZSS who I beat by rolling behind her and Dsmashing as Wolf. Lag is the great scrubbanator; it makes lag characters who spam a few moves god-tiers. :urg:

Link simply can't win in lag where the game's timer says 3:30 but it's been 3:52 IRL.
I'm tempted to just start with Wolf and G&W so not to give free wins /rant

Heero Yuy

#sweg
While having ZSS dittos w/ one of the best in AiB, we suddenly decided to pull out our secondaries. He used Wario (and later Ness) and I used Link. And...

I have a lot of matchups to learn.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
That looks remarkably like Wario going in for the bite.

Remarkably. Heh heh. Remarkably.

Well, remarked.

Heh

Rizen

Smash Legend
That gif feels intrusive.

Delfino is a great stage for Link to CP any character he would take to PS1 if they ban it. Link's great anti-planking/sharking game with bombs makes it a good CP vs MK and some characters people normally avoid taking to Delfino.

Edit:
I'm so salty about lag abusers on the ladder. You know that stop and go lag with tons of button inputs missed? I'm losing to spammy scrubs from 2 SDs in games. !$#^&*#%!!! I'll be happy when SSB4 comes out and has decent wifi.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Edit:
I'm so salty about lag abusers on the ladder. You know that stop and go lag with tons of button inputs missed? I'm losing to spammy scrubs from 2 SDs in games. !$#^&*#%!!! I'll be happy when SSB4 comes out and has decent wifi.
Welcome to my life. This is the reason why I can't play any form of Link on wifi. Link is too precise-input-dependent of a character to play on wifi when there's lag like that.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Delfino is a great stage for Link to CP any character he would take to PS1 if they ban it. Link's great anti-planking/sharking game with bombs makes it a good CP vs MK and some characters people normally avoid taking to Delfino.

Edit:
I still cant get used to Delfino. I much prefer the PKMN stadiums, Brinstar, and the rare Castle Siege. I've also gotten better on FD.

I lose to scrubs on Free For All Wifi sometimes. The only thing more annoying is when I play against a GOOD player online, and some stupid scrub spams items and kills us. Seriously, Smash 4 NEEDS a 1v1 mode. But then again, WiFi needs an improvement in everything, so...
:link2:

Heero Yuy

#sweg
I completely agree with Bomber on that Link needs precise input in order to space correctly... Otherwise I don't play too bad when the lag is at a minimal.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
So, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the Wii U. Does anybody else have it? We should get together and play multi sometime! :D :D :D

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ Bomber:

So, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the Wii U. Does anybody else have it? We should get together and play multi sometime! :D :D :D
I do! Sounds good :). My connection often doesn't let me enter rooms, something about people's firewall settings. We should be okay.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I just got done with a session with a friend; next time I'll try and let you know when two other friends and I are getting together, see if you can't make it to that. :D Might be in a week or so.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Played a ditto today. I ended up winning, though I seriously felt his Link was better than mine in terms of skill and flashiness.

I'm really enjoying playing my Link defensively with all the shielding, projectile spamming, and countering. That's probably what I get since the two Links I watch most are X and Deva...

P.S. Gah, I wish I didn't have this pet peeve where I get super annoyed when someone just completely ignores you whenever you say "good luck" or "good game". I'm probably just overreacting, but on the other hand, maybe some people don't have the best sportsmanship.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I'm not going to lie, even I get frustrated enough to deliberately ignore gls and ggs. I did that to Rizen in the tourney when I kept SDing lol <.< But I got over it quickly at least. If you feel the player was at least a little better than you, he/she was probably just feeling some frustration from losing (perhaps due to controller input messups/SDs). So really they're mad at themselves rather than you.
Although occasionally they'll take out their rage on their opponent anyways xD

Rizen, I effing told you you are awesome. Don't be sad. Be awesome.

The ultimate barf fight

Rizen

Smash Legend
It's not anything here.

The rare times I've gotten mad at opponents were when they just blatantly lag abused and acted like it was skill. (short rant alert, lol) This guy had several people complaining about his lag abuse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mm8pJETdBI it's in the video description. I hate losing to people I could easily beat if not for unplayable lag.
I don't mind people going high tiers as long as they actually win with skill.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkjhDs3Kja8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poZE6TLAmtg
these were good games and fun. Link loses a lot but he's faced with a lot of -2s and -3s :/ . Most games are fun but lag abusers really burn my deku shield.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
@Ano Dat video.

Lag abusers can go sit on a flagpole... Same with input errors.

I'm honestly considering just quitting Online and just focus solely on playing Offline. I remember a guy, Bizkit, mentioning offline takes a whole lot more skill than online due to a hefty amount of factors not present in offline. I'm already frustrated enough losing to people I feel like I'm better than.

Also, Rizen, I've been on a huge losing streak, myself. I would honestly take the rest of the day off if playing the game and losing frequently is only making your mood worse. Part of the reason I've been losing a lot today was because I had a bad attitude before playing.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
And it is contributing to your desire to quit online. I grew up as a competitive player on WiFi. Without it I'd be no where near where I am. If you have WiFi, play it. It makes you a better player and is a great prelude to learning offline MUs...before you have to play them offline.

Believe me, Snake isn't much easier offline than online. First hit of ftilt has maybe two or three frames where Link can react if he cancels it into jabs or grabs if that.

So Rizen, I was thinking we should get together tonight (maybe like 6 your time?) and play a little MH3U together. Whaddaya think? :D

Top Bottom