• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Zair has decent hitstun but IIRC the only true combos are Zair hit1 to hit 2. Link has a good chance of chaining attacks after Zair.

Well it was good to realise how bad WiFi is again. Let that be a warning to anyone who wants to vs me, my connection sucks. I still had a lot of fun Rizen. GG's
GGs :) those were fun but CO to Australia lag is bound to be terrible even for wifi. I simply couldn't play. You did great considering the lag though. It felt like you were moving almost 2 times as fast. I saved 1 vid just to see that lag again, lol.

Edit:
Great SWF won't let me paste again :/
I'll post the vid later.
Edit 2 there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW3cOO0Fsvs
When the video timer says 8:14 but the game sees 6:38 (+ loading time) the lag's just not workable.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Dude, lag on wifi makes no sense to me. I've played people Europe who's connection was better than people I played in Puerto Rico.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Rizen and I have a bad connection, and I once played a friend a couple blocks away and we had a red connection.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Also thanks for the geography lesson Rizen. I didn't know Oceania was the politically correct term for Australia.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I've never had bad connection with friends on Wi-Fi. Like, never.
Which proves that my Wi-Fi game sucks if I lose to people with lag.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I still don't understand how people praise the amazing pros that are "wifi warriors". Wifi sucks, they are totally in closet offline players.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Oceania == that big ocean region including the bazillion countries that no one has ever heard of unless they'ed been there (e.g. Kiribati and I'll give you $10 if you already know how to pronounce that country's name correctly)

FB, aren't you the one I played who had no lag while I had a full second? Btw your sig is amazing.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I don't think it was a full second, but you did have some considerable lag. But yes, I had 0% lag.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I still don't understand how people praise the amazing pros that are "wifi warriors". Wifi sucks, they are totally in closet offline players.
A certain wifi warrior ZSS did win APEX.
When you have a good smash scene you can play offline. When you have a dead smash scene that even when alive it would take 2-3 hours one way to drive to rare smash events and don't have a car, you play wifi :glare:

There's no shame or lack of skill that goes into wifi. Good connections aren't that bad.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I stand corrected. I guess I'm a little salty from all the ramming of wifi warriorness down my throat when wifi has sucked for me in years past to the point where it's no fun. Being a link/TL player where everything is precise calculation and precision, wifi is a nightmare. All the mistiming, delayed inputs, it's infuriating. I don't know how you do it Rize, unless you are blessed with good connections.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I stand corrected. I guess I'm a little salty from all the ramming of wifi warriorness down my throat when wifi has sucked for me in years past to the point where it's no fun. Being a link/TL player where everything is precise calculation and precision, wifi is a nightmare. All the mistiming, delayed inputs, it's infuriating. I don't know how you do it Rize, unless you are blessed with good connections.
No problem. I'm kind of in a bad mood so sorry for sounding harsh. Wifi does suck but it's all I have :(

The way my recordings work you can see the lag. Most are not to bad, I guess :/

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Note that some people also tend to have worse connections than others. I fall under that category and you probably do too, where some people have a great connection (like FB).The best connection I've ever had is an orange with someone from Cali. My network connection/router is just terrible for WiFi.

However, my HDTV died so I'm switching back to my CRT TV, which will help when I play more WiFi :D.

On that note, Scabe, will you be available around 9pm tonight your time for some WiFi? (That's 6am here but that's the best I can figure out lol xD)

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I'm around now in that chat room at the moment if you want to experience the lag of a lifetime.
Also thanks for the geography lesson Rizen. I didn't know Oceania was the politically correct term for Australia.
Just to make things clearer, Australia is in the continent of Oceania, there's lots of other small countries in Oceania like Indonesia.

Rizen

Smash Legend
The activity's nice :)

I'm depressed. @Ano the comment on the Ike video was exactly what I was talking about here:
When I'm depressed I play a lot worse :/

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I had Cinnamon Smash Series #2 to go to, so I couldn't play then Scabe.

Semester just ended here so we had almost no turn out, but we took that as a reason to have fun by turning it into a round-robin tourney. Here's the results: http://challonge.com/CinnaSmash2
We had a grand finals afterwards and the winner won 3-1. Who won? Click the link to find out.
Click the Link. Heh. Heh heh heh. Link. Puns, man...

I'm going to be uploading matches, and I'll post a link here when I do.

Scabe: I'll meet you then! :demon:

Rizen: No johns. ;P

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Given my post here
EDIT: http://smashboards.com/entries/bott...to-the-big-fields-including-tournaments.4628/
I don't agree with him in that tiers don't exist (because some characters have a lot more creative and effective potential in a variety of situations than others) but other than that I think he gets at the heart of the mentality we need to do well. I've been trying to just figure out what I can do rather than worry about what I can't, and it got me a 3rd place in Utah (not that that is extremely impressive, but still).
The argument about the division in the tiers increasing the lower down on the list we go because we don't know as less and less about the metagame is very pleasing to me.

EDIT: TIME TO REVIEW ANNUAL GOAL PROGRESS
PROJECT: LINK2013

REACTIVATE SCABE [Half checked?]
CONVINCE RED RYU TO USE LINK [Unchecked]
GET RIZEN TO NOT CONFUSE MY PLAY-IN-COLLEGE-LEAGUE RESULTS WITH MY COMPETITIVE PLAY RESULTS [Definitely Unchecked]

Rizen

Smash Legend
About the tier list, from another thread:
With no C+ tiers in midtier events there would be very few -3 and -4 MUs (excluding Ganon's). I'll have to check though. I makes more sense to keep them out, imo.
The C+ tier should not be considered mid.

Peach is ranked too low.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Yes, he goes by X.

I'll critique and update the video thread when I have time. Thanks for posting al those :) keep them coming!

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Alright, I've been using Neo Blue background settings and I'm tired of having to highlight people's text when they use yellow or white to actually read it. I'm converting back to Smashboards Dark

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Finally found some Melee players in my area, so I'm taking a short hiatus from Brawl to improve my game once more.

Link is above Jigglypuff again! Victory celebration, anyone?

Edit:
>mfw I realize that new tier list came out on Thursday

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Now we need to pass Falcon.

But that's always been my goal, so...
Lol at Mario being in the same tier as Ganon .

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Falcon was the worst character at one point in the game - like 3 or 4 spots below Link. Ganon is what surprises me, however. Japan really knows how to use him and he's much higher on their tier list. Sadly, I can't say the same for Link.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Falcon was the worst character at one point in the game - like 3 or 4 spots below Link. Ganon is what surprises me, however. Japan really knows how to use him and he's much higher on their tier list. Sadly, I can't say the same for Link.
Japan's limited stage list (starters: BF/FD/SV CP PS1 iirc) helps Ganon and hurts Link :(. Link likes big CPs.

Kotier's getting good. He owned my G&W on Brin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49aTtWGMsPM :b:

@Bomber, will you organize your Smash 64 vids and others in one post and I'll add them the the vid thread :)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Isn't Link way higher on the Japanese tier list? Like above Ness and Yoshi?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Here's Japan's Tier List:
Meta Knight
Ice Climbers
Olimar
Diddy Kong
Falco
Snake
Fox
Pit
Wario
Marth
King Dedede
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
R.O.B.
Lucario
Zelda/Sheik
Mr. Game & Watch
Donkey Kong
Peach
Wolf
Kirby
Pikachu
Ike
Lucas
Mario
Sonic
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Ness
Ganondorf
Pokémon Trainer
Craptain Falcon
Link
Samus
Jigglypuff
Link gets no justice anywhere...
But hey, Ganon and Zelda do.

On stages, my preferred stages are Norfair, Brinstar, and... sometimes Delfino Plaza. As long as I can run away and spam, I'm happy. I really do terrible on stages like Final Destination where everyone just waltzes right up to me.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Where did you get that from? The one I was looking at is about a year old so I'd love a new source.

Mario being better than Sonic and Luigi.....Donkey Kong above Pikachu...

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I've decided that Kotier is our rainbow Link main because he uses all of the colors.

Seniority and un-mod status ftw guys.

Btw if any of you want to play wifi right now I've got an hour or so, so I'll keep xat open.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Were Zelda alone, I would be extremely surprised. However, It's Sheik/Zelda, so that explains everything.

I agree, Fox and Pit are most curious.
And a pain to fight if they are good.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Want me to just make an organized post in the video thread?
Sounds good :).

Stages make a big difference in where characters rank.
I wonder how much of Japan's Zelda/Sheik is actually Zelda and how much is Sheik...

Rizen

Smash Legend
Zelda comes along for the ride up the tier list with Sheik.

I'm giving my hands a break for a day or 2. 'Later.

Rizen

Smash Legend
http://www.smashboards.com/threads/american-japanese-tier-list-combined.327084/

newer tier list from 4 months later, link made a pretty big jump
sweet :).
The western Link moved above jiggz to 4th worst and his MUs will look slightly better in the near future ;). Link just didn't get the credit he deserved; he's bad but not free like people thought.

Using my hands minimally is boring. I watched TV online but it's boring at best. I also walked and did other non-hands activities.

Top Bottom