• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Rizen

Smash Legend

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
The only way they're going to go with a more realistic look vs. the in-between, simpler Skyward Sword look is if the new LoZ Wii U comes out. Otherwise they're going with the simple look.

I'm a big fan of the SS look. It heralds back to OoT and SSBM/SSB64 look, and I'm definitely a fan of that artistic style. HD and realistic looks are overrated.

But when it comes down to it, all I can really ask for is wolf link what FB wants: Link to be a good character in SSB4.

EDIT: I'd like to note that both "opposes" and "wary" are mispelled in FB's signature. Sorry, taking English classes this term :/

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Although now that I look at FB's sig more closely, I'd go for Grovyle in SSB4 too. In fact I'd totally comain Grovyle.

But unless they totally mess with Link, he'll stay at least one of my mains. <3 Link

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I posted my vids in the video thread Rizen. We should be all set. I even made it pretty and stuff.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Okay guys, I want to gauge the interest for this idea I've been having.

I'm thinking we should do have a tournament to see which Link color reigns supreme on WiFi.

What I'm thinking is that we could get everybody who wants to enter to sign up for the particular color of Link they want to represent. Then we cam do a mini-tourney between the players in each color to see who will represent that color in the main part of the tourney. We can then do a round-robin tourney where each color will get to face off in a best of five set against every other color.

In the event of a tie for the round-robin segment we can have a tie breaker to determine which of Link's color is ultimately the best color of Link.

So: Would anybody be interested in this? If there's enough people, I'll go ahead and make a thread for this. I wanted to gauge general interest first, however.

EDIT: If you guys haven't checked this video by CT Zero out, you should do so now:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Woot, WiFi tournament with fellow Link's? Count me in

Green all the way.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I never know too far ahead of time if I'm up for competitive games. If I'm not feeling my best I just ask for friendlies and can't play my best. So probably no color event but I'll wifi when I'm able.

If anyone needs practice with the wifi Ditto, Zelda, Ganon, Bowser, PT, G&W, Wolf or MK (although my MK is scrubby) MUs I can help teach those. Other people should help teach their other characters too like the AiB Gauntlet thread. We have TL, Lucario and other secondary characters in our ranks ;)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Oh, stop being a wet blanket. It'd be just for fun anyways.

I'll go ahead and make a thread for this.

By the way, I'm taking suggestions for names for the tournament (because I'm pretty sure mine is gonna suck).

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Too late now :D

EDIT: FastBlade, I'll want your location for the tournament thread.

...Your actual location. xP

If you want to PM it to me, you can, but it'll help me with setting up the brackets for the tourney.

And Bomber, it's really only for fun, so you should enter anyways :D

Bomber7

Smash Hero
But it's to see which color is the best. You can't say that without having pride on the line. This is a pride battle. Something set in stone for all the ages and generations to come. You can't joke around about that kind of stuff.

But if you guys really want me to, I'll try. Just let me know when.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Oh, fine. I'm in one of the worst competitive states, Texas.
Where everyone is Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link, and Marth.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm going to start practicing soon. This is gonna be so hype.

Just as an fyi- I've been having issues with my laptop with my video card overheating and stuff. I talked with a guy today who said he would be able to work on it today and more than likely have it ready for me tomorrow sometime. So I won't be able to check for any updates for about 24 hours starting around 3-4 pm Central US time.

Shouldn't be a problem since we are just doing sign-ups right now, but in the event something happens and you guys need an immediate response from me, you know why you won't get one.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Guess where I went today?

My old scanner loses a ton of shading detail :(

I've been typing, drawing, playing video games and carrying stuff a lot. I'm giving my hands more break. 'later.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Rizen, you remember by chance that hiatus thing I tried years ago?

Give it up. It doesn't work.

I even saw Arkive online on AiB yesterday. You can never leave smash for as long as you think you will.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Well... Nintendo is going to show the new one pretty soon. So more Link's are sure to be popping up soon or still lingering around.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Rizen, you remember by chance that hiatus thing I tried years ago?

Give it up. It doesn't work.

I even saw Arkive online on AiB yesterday. You can never leave smash for as long as you think you will.
You were gone for 2 years.

I'm giving my hands a break, not quitting, lol. Typing, drawing, graphic design, holding a clip board in one hand and sketching zoo animals, caring bags and things, video games, writing... sometimes I need to rest my hands :/.

I always liked Arkive; he was the first Link to give me strait answers.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Fiji doesn't have Wiis/playable WiFi even if you lay aside the fact I wasn't have been allowed to check SWF/play video games.

When it comes down to me just being at home though...you remember my repeated efforts to drop Smash, even for just a period of a month or so. It just doesn't happen.

But see, you're back already :D Discussion over

Arkive invested notable effort into helping other Link mains, such as making the now-famous DI video and the Link Training Grounds (which I've actually recently been tempted to download). doubt any of the pro Link mains will return to activity before SSB4 unfortunately. We've got at least one near-pro Link now in Scizor, but...

I've never played anybody from OoS before, so I'm getting nervous for the regional this Saturday. D:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I wish I had another tournament to go to. Texas is just... bleh in tournaments. There's gonna be one at my local library, but it's bound to be a casual-fest.
On a sad note, I've been kinda straying away from Link. I still main him, but ALL the other swordsmen are so much easier to play as, and frankly, more enjoyable too.
:toonlink::ike::marthmelee: might make me convert. At any rate, I know the matchups well now.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
That's too bad FB. But in the end, he's freaking Link

I constantly feel pulled away towards other characters but every time I have the honest conversation with myself of whether I'm going to switch to be a ____ main from being a Link main I realize Link's my bro

Even if he's bottom tier next game I'll still main him

even when all of you still tell me (probably accurately) that I still suck

Rizen

Smash Legend
There's nothing bad about switching from Link; he's THE hardest character to play successfully.

Ano, you're good :).

Rizen

Smash Legend
I never liked floaty characters. I can't get into them :/. My floatest is Zelda (then bowser and MK) and she doesn't exactly play like most floaties.
*shrug*

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Anonanonanonanonanonanonanonanonanonano~!

Go to the OP, click edit, then click more options, and there you can change thread titles.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Z'z...You're the man.

EDIT @ RIZEN: You need to enable conversations, man. I can't include you in the important conversation I sent out to all the other players in the ULCW Tourney. :/

EDIT @ awesomeness:
Hey guys, turns out there will be streaming at the regional. So I don't know if I'll ever make it on or not, but the stream will be twitch.tv/aisight; singles will begin at 3pm East Coast time and doubles will begin at 7.

Hope you guys can take a little time to watch and support! :D

Rizen

Smash Legend
I had a nice walk today :) CO's a beautiful state with great trails and low crime and OoS-ers pass out from the altitude and lack of oxygen:smirk:. I got some pictures:

(I think they spotted me)

OMG! There was a baby bunny the size of a teacup and it was THE cutest thing you'll ever see! *screams like a Zelda/Peach/Pika co-main who seconds Kirby and Marth (girl)*

<3
(to keep this Link related)
Don't you <3 arrow locking Falcos? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn8cmgl36iY&feature=player_detailpage#t=69s

Link's better than people think, he's underplayed at high levels. The Japanese tier list shows what Link can do with enough rep.
(EZ link http://www.smashboards.com/threads/american-japanese-tier-list-combined.327084/ )

Tesh

Smash Hero
Colorado is great. I lived there for 3 years and it only rained once. That place is great, although its amazing how people don't know how to drive on ice when they live in that climate.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good luck Ano!
I might have a regional on the 18th :)

Edit ^I can't go; my cousin's high school graduation is on that day :urg:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
^Unliked b/c edit.

Anyways, the results for the regional are up:
Got 17th of 44 in singles (Link, went Wolf/Lucario in my match versus the Zelda player; more on that later)
Got 5th of 15 in doubles (I lost both matches I didn't play Link, lol)

http://smashboards.com/threads/salt-fest-2013-results.336348/#post-15507852

Didn't do as well as I would've hoped because I went up against Yaz (Who got 3rd) in the second round and then had to go up against the self-same spammy Zelda player that mentally defeated me a couple of months ago. :/ I switched to Wolf and Lucario vs. him and while the Wolf match was very close, I defeated myself mentally again by thinking I couldn't win with Link and ended up killing myself twice by reflected Aura Spheres.
Next time I play him I get to go pure Link to put myself in a winning mentality.

If you haven't checked out the vids I posted in the video thread, you should.There were a couple of times I meant to jab instead of smash or FFnair/bair instead of dair but I feel I did a great job of representing Link.

Definitely check out the vids and let me know what you think.
Reppin' the T-wolves, lol

Top Bottom