• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
So here're the results from my last tourney:
http://challonge.com/ssbb03162013

I got the short end of the straw, tying for 13th after four sets (a 2-2 set record) compared to two of the other guys losing both sets they played in (read: only 2 sets, so 0-2 set record) and the other only winning one set (a 1-2 set record).
Played mostly Lucario and Link with a Pika thrown in there when Mars switched to D3 and I realized he was my only character that couldn't be CG'ed.
So despite the 13th out of 21 ranking, it was a good tourney and I can't wait 'til the next one.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Nah. I'd met him a few years ago, and besides, he's a really chill and fun guy. We were having too much fun talking while we played.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
And we were both among the five or six who didn't care, lol. It was soooo dumb.

Been going to smashfests and stuff. This is the most active I've ever been in competitive smash. There's an overpriced tourney Saturday that I may or may not go to ($30 is a little much for one event imo; besides, there is a free tourney on the 30th :D)

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Wow, nice job Anonano! I think it's pretty obvious that your opponents were better than mine, so again, congrats!

On another note, does anyone wanna brawl for a bit? I can't get on Xat (on tablet) so I'll have to stay here.

Edit: Scabe is here! With me. Alone. Uhhh...

Rizen

Smash Legend
Anyone play Monster Hunter Tri U? I keep getting the error code 106-0612 when trying to join a room in network mode, except for one time. :[

I'd be nice if something would just ****ing work for once *sigh*
^

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
^Nope

Sorry I couldn't play FB. I was on when you posted that, but it was late and I wanted to actually get some sleep before work Thursday morning :p

However, as usual, I'm up for grabs for friendlies today. I've got one thing I've got going in the evening, but otherwise just catch me on xat or post here. I'll keep Xat open on my laptop (Disclaimer: I may be away from my computer so give me a few minutes after a post!)

Heero Yuy

#sweg
I'd be willing to play you sometime, FB. I'm interested in some Link dittos or whatever we both feel like. xD I'll be busy all day unless it's like 3-5 or after 9, when I can hop on the Xat.

P.S. Your signature made my day.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Just got back from my second tourney.

I lost to the guy who won the last tournament (3rd in state) and also a guy who is top ten in the state. I brought two of the matches to last stock, high percent, one I lost badly due to nerves xD and the other was last stock, both of us at 0%, and he used TL's dsmash to gimp me. I didn't realize that it was an automatic KO. :/

I did manage to make a comeback in a match vs a G&W player. I dropped the first stock and gimped myself and then took about 50%, but then I thought "I can bring this back" and managed to out-play him for a 2-0 set victory.
Two of my opponents didn't show up for our matches so I automatically won the set. My Link inspires fear in all who see it. ;)

It was a pretty satisfying tourney overall and I feel better about it than my last one. I think I got my just compensation for being placed so low last time. :p

I'll post the results as soon as they're available.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good work Ano! :)

I can Brawl now. Xat might be being weird so post here too.

Edit:
Bad timing :( . I might try later and play Monster Hunter 3 U for now.

Say if you'll play.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Had a good tourney Saturday. Almost had Fatal... getting closer lost to Speedy Gonzalez again lpsers. Beat a Rob main named Krow from NY who thought Izaw was best player/link in world. Convinced him otherwise. Beat the old legend of RI Melito.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Beat a Rob main named Krow from NY who thought Izaw was best player/link in world. Convinced him otherwise.
No, I'm pretty sure he's still at least twice as good as Deva or Arkive.

But good job on the tourney. We're reppin' Link! *fist bump*

Heero Yuy

#sweg
No, I'm pretty sure he's still at least twice as good as Deva or Arkive.
Idk about that. I respect Deva more because he's able to go toe-to-toe with M2K and whooped DSF (implying he still plays anymore). Had he not retired the game, I think he'd still be one of the best out there. I doubt Izaw can ever surpass that, since he seems to struggle a lot with his buddies, Inova and Rebaz (who are probably insects compared to M2K).

On a totally different note... mfw Legan is really a bad@$$-looking black guy in real life.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Deva does have better accomplishments then Izaw. Izaw isn't really much into the competitive scene. He usually just friendlies and money matches it seems.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Idk about that. I respect Deva more because he's able to go toe-to-toe with M2K and whooped DSF (implying he still plays anymore). Had he not retired the game, I think he'd still be one of the best out there. I doubt Izaw can ever surpass that, since he seems to struggle a lot with his buddies, Inova and Rebaz (who are probably insects compared to M2K).

On a totally different note... mfw Legan is really a bad@$$-looking black guy in real life.
Deva does have better accomplishments then Izaw. Izaw isn't really much into the competitive scene. He usually just friendlies and money matches it seems.
lol
:troll: :troll: :troll:

:yeahboi:

EDIT: Here's a question: Could we reduce landing lag by a few frames by zairing at the end of all our jumps? I'm aware that Lucas' zair does cut landing lag and keeps him mobile. So does it do the same for us?

Rizen

Smash Legend
EDIT: Here's a question: Could we reduce landing lag by a few frames by zairing at the end of all our jumps? I'm aware that Lucas' zair does cut landing lag and keeps him mobile. So does it do the same for us?
I never thought about that. Maybe Foxy can help us look into that.

We should vote and keep Link higher than 3rd worst http://smashboards.com/threads/official-bbrs-community-tier-list-voting.335206/#post-15409439
For Link I can see him rotating around 3rd, 4th or 5th from the bottom but no lower personally.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Here's a question: Could we reduce landing lag by a few frames by zairing at the end of all our jumps? I'm aware that Lucas' zair does cut landing lag and keeps him mobile. So does it do the same for us?
Time to start testing!
Link's spam game just got moar spammy :link:

I never thought about that. Maybe Foxy can help us look into that.

We should vote and keep Link higher than 3rd worst http://smashboards.com/threads/official-bbrs-community-tier-list-voting.335206/#post-15409439
For Link I can see him rotating around 3rd, 4th or 5th from the bottom but no lower personally.
LINK FOR 5TH WORST!
Seriously though, Link is underrated. How he's below ZELDA and JIGGLYPUFF is beyond me.
Let's swap C. Falcon and Link's spots :troll:

Rizen

Smash Legend
It's sad we're aspiring to become 5th worst character, lol.

I'd play wifi now if anyone's up for it. I'll get on xat.
edit
Xat's being weird. Post here if you want to play.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Sorry Rizen, cant right now. Have to finish a project. Will be available Friday, though. :)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I'm here if you still are Rizen.

And I can't add you as a friend because you've limited who can see your profile. Gosh darn it new SWF D:<

EDIT: Hur dur I can't figure out what's making Xat spaz out.

Maybe it's time to move on to a different chat page.

Maybe turntable? :troll:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'll get on wifi :) . I thought we already were friends? Dumb SWF server change.

Okay hosting. Join when ready.

@Ano GGs :). Too bad our lag's heavy :(. At least it doesn't spike :/
Lol at first few game SDs. The 2nd stock frigate I should have tethered that, stupid game.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Last match turned into "I wonder how many times I can run past you and mess you up" lol.

Well, I played better against you this time, Rizen, which means my offline play is really helping my online play. You are still the king of online play though lol :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
GGs :). Link gets nerfed on laggy wifi :( . IMO Ganon goes even in lag. I feel guilty about using G&W in lag because he's soooo cheap :/ G&W's problem is he loses to other MUs who do well in lag like Snake and Ike.

Link's your best character by far. We're 1 state over, IDK why our lag's heavy :(

oh well ggs :)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Objection, I'd like to point out that X got last in doubles

derp derp I got last in doubles too lol

And I'm not gonna lie, that community tier list thing seems like an awful idea.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Link + Sonic in dubz chillax doubles is like a whole different ball game for Link.... Still a lot to learn there =___=

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Yeah, my teammate and I are doing Link + Pit, and he's new to competitive playing (pretty good though still). Trying to break his habit of dash attack approaching/standing back and spamming lol.

We tried for him to stock tank w/ Pit while I aggro'ed with Wolf and that was arguably the most horrible idea I've ever had (Rizen and X can probably remember worse, and tbh I'd be delighted for you to pull up some for the rofls). I'm not used to teams myself so learning stage control +staying together is something we're going to have to work on. Then we can get to the fancy stuff (like Link SH/FH spamming arrows/bombs/boomerang while Pit spams arrows)

Tiers r 4 queers

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Yeah everything changes in doubles lol.... Some trying to argue Link is worst character in dubz but I will not allow it... Just need to practice more at it xD

Rizen

Smash Legend
Bowser's probably the worst. Link is bad though.

I almost never dubz because I never know if I' going to tourneys/events and don't want to let anyone down :(

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
TBH I'll probably do better in dubz this time around using Link and NOT Wolf because I can't go aggro and chase opponents down, lol. Maybe I'll actually focus on, you know, playing with my teammate.

2pm EDIT: Anyone who wants to play me, post. I'll be available for the next five hours or so.

Top Bottom